Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1.    #1  
    (This app had an old thread http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...ic-player.html but now I posted with Developer Access)

Amigo is a friendly replacement for Palm Pre/Pixi 'Music' application

Version
    2.1.2 (App Catalog) LINK
    1.1.1 (Homebrew) LINK

Key features:
    • It does not slow down the system and you can even play some 3D games, while listening (ex. FIFA10)
    • Ability to create Custom Playlists on-the-fly
    • Download album art
    • Read lyrics
    • Full portrait/landscape orientation support
    • Quick access to Videos from the main menu
    • Exhibition mode!

For a detailed description and operating hints please see Amigo website

NOTES: Amigo is written from scratch in HTML/JSJSJS $but$ $uses$ $Palm$ $Media$ $DB$ $services$, $that$'$s$ $why$ $it$ $is$ $marked$ $by$ $a$ com.palm.amigo ID.
    This is the first release, which can not be ideal, but I am planning to improve the application.

Videos:

Screenshots:

To download the ipk for webOS 1.4.5 directly please visit:
    Download Page

REBOOT DEVICE AFTER INSTALLING!

Special thanks to Jonas D and all TamsPalm-DE team
    and Rod Whitby and the webos-internals team

Kindest Regards,
    Ryhor Burakou
    Last edited by ahsirg; 06/07/2011 at 03:03 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by ahsirg View Post
    (This app had an old thread [url] but now I posted with Developer Access)

Amigo is a friendly replacement for Palm Pre/Pixi 'Music' application

Version 1.0.0

Key features:
    • It does not slow down the system and you can even play some 3D games, while listening (ex. FIFA10)
    • Ability to create Custom Playlists on-the-fly
    • Full portrait/landscape orientation support with cool MusicStack album view
    • Quick access to Videos from the main menu

For a detailed description and operating hints please see [url= website[/url]

NOTES: Amigo is written from scratch in HTML/JSJSJS $but$ $uses$ $Palm$ $Media$ $DB$ $services$, $that$'$s$ $why$ $it$ $is$ $marked$ $by$ $a$ com.palm.amigo ID.
    This is the first release, which can not be ideal, but I am planning to improve the application.

Screenshots
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

The application is in process of being submitted to the Homebrew Catalog.
    To download the ipk immediately please visit:
    [url= Page[/url]

Special thanks to Jonas D and all TamsPalm-DE team

Kindest Regards,
    Ryhor Burakou
    installed with internals, but no album art.
    I installed with both internalz and the new Preware from my phone's hard drive. The application does not appear anywhere on the app launcher or in "list apps". Its like its not there.
    Installation worked fine for me... installed it trough preware with the given link.
    Also Album Art works fine, i sync with itunes tho...

I really like the player... not that many features but its lightweight and fast which is awesome imo. I compared speed @500Mhz while playing Super Mario Kart with the standard Music App and it was a bit (up to 5 fps) faster.
    What do you plan next?
  5.    #5  
    plans are stability improvement and bringing features like different repeat modes, maybe bookmarks, shake to shuffle, etc.

k4ever, maybe try rebooting?
    Quote Originally Posted by ahsirg View Post
    plans are stability improvement and bringing features like different repeat modes, maybe bookmarks, shake to shuffle, etc.

k4ever, maybe try rebooting?
    Tried rebooting. No luck. I'm going to try to install from Preware with link. Maybe I'm missing a dependency?
    Ok, works now but no album art.
    I have album art with every other player but this one. Really would love to get that working. Your MusicStack album art view looks cool.
  9.    #9  
    maybe you can help me then: how is your art stored? In mp3? In folder.jpg or some other way?
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    Yeah, I don't have any album art either. Most jpgs are stored in the folder with the mp3's. Some are embedded
    I'm in the same boat as Shobiz. Almost all of my album art is embedded in the mp3s. There are about 5 or 6 that may have jpgs in the folders.
  12.    #12  
    Please try the pre-release 1.0.1 version to see if it does any better
    http://ahsirg.kvplab.com/amigo/com.p...ternal_all.ipk
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    Some worked, some didn't. I am a Zune owner, so I just drag and drop compatible files onto the Pre. May be that has something to do with it. Keep up the good work.
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    The 1.0.1 pre release partially fixes the missing album art issue for me. I now see all my album art except for 2 of my albums. I wonder what is different about them?

Also for anyone else having trouble, I noticed that I needed to restart the phone for the amigo install to take effect.
    Last edited by sillydino; 09/10/2010 at 10:13 AM.
  15.    #15  
    as of now it should read all the art except where it is stored as 'folder.jpg', glad to see it is getting better

Shobiz, sillydino, does the default music player see the covers missing from Amigo?
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    ahsirg - all my album art shows in both the stock player and music player remix.

Another issue I noticed: If the album name runs past the edge of the screen, for instance "Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness", it gets wrapped down over the track listing. This actually prevents me from being able to click on the first track because, in this example, the word "Sadness" is covering up the first track. Thanks for the great work!
  17.    #17  
    Ok thanks for helping. I'll add folder.jpg reading and will post another version asap.
    About album overrun - i've been given a suggestion of a marquee in the previous thread so I'll try to fix it asap also.
    When viewing the list of songs, why doesn't it show the song title AND the artist? A little confusing if more than 1 artist performed the same song.

Mine-Sprint Samsung Galaxy Nexus 4G/LTE
    Sprint Pre, 1.4.5 overclocked with F102A Delta Dagger - retired 12-18-11
    Wife's- Sprint LG Viper 4G/LTE
    R.I.P. - My Launch day Pre - 06-06-09--04-18-11

Never trust a computer (or phone) named after a fruit.
  19.    #19  
    I'll add that in the next release, thanks for a suggestion!
    great music player, love it the moment I try it, and is here to stay, one thing I would like if posssible for the next version is something I have been using since tcmp, the option to load a full folder of song or a group of songs on a folder,I know, it may be difficult, but I was thinking maybe with file manager sourse code can be done,I dont konw , but if can be possible that would be a great feature.
Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast