Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567
Like Tree1Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by ahsirg View Post
    1. I don't have any instances of 'this.broke.horribly' in my code afaikafaikafaik, $you$ $can$ $do$ $a$ $search$, $if$ $interested$

-Ryhor
    No, 'This.Broke.Horribly' is what is first shown in the services list when you open Upstart Manager. Not Amigo.

Mine-Sprint Samsung Galaxy Nexus 4G/LTE
    Sprint Pre, 1.4.5 overclocked with F102A Delta Dagger - retired 12-18-11
    Wife's- Sprint LG Viper 4G/LTE
    R.I.P. - My Launch day Pre - 06-06-09--04-18-11

Never trust a computer (or phone) named after a fruit.
    Ryhor,

I've loved your player, but I am on Sprint in the US. I updated to 2.1 and can not access the 2.1 apps in the app catalog. Is there anyway I can buy your app? I loved it in 1.4.5!
    Does Amigo Player somehow support Bookmarks, or at least remember where I was in my audiobook when I left it? If not, is this feature on the feature list?

There is a translation bug in the German localization. „Alle zur Wiedergabeliste hinzuf&uumlgen“ should read „Alle zur Wiedergabeliste hinzufügen“ -> ü
    Strangely, although it worked well yesterday, Exhibition mode stopped working today. Whenever I tap on an album, nothing happens. :-(
    Hello ahsirg, you developed a fantastic app but I had a problem with the exhibition mode.

- exhibition mode starts and loads nearly! all albums (53 of 61)
    - first time after installation I had no chance to control playing an album
    - after a few days with playing arround and upgrade to Version 2.1.3 suddenly the exhibition mode operates correct
    - But after changing the complete music librarie I had the same problem
    - I redoctored the phone (PRE2) but unsuccessful - still the same problem

+ So what do I wrong or have other user the same problem
    + My greatest wish to you: please please integrate the wonderful exhibition mode to the standard app. I'm an old school listener who selects the music by cover view
    The lyrics finder isn't good enough, didn't find portal2's want you gone correctly. All tags are correct
    Quote Originally Posted by laingman View Post
    Feature request: is it possible to add the option to start playing last played upon launch, also option to turn off landscape mode.
    +1 on the landscape-disable feature request.

I like amigo as music player, it is really great and has all the features I want. Remix is a bit to "heavy" for me.... But: I have some issues. The worst thing is, that Amigo sometimes stops playing at the end of a song and won't start the next one.
    I think this is coupled to me using Last.FM scrobbling and being in a bad reception area, so internet connection is not always stable, but I'm not sure about that... It's very strange...

Or could it be, because I am using Amigo on a Pre3? Do you have any idea what could be causing this issue? Any further tests I can do or information I could supply?

Another minor issue is with album art download. I don't know if it's intentional or if it is just bad luck with my artists / albums, but till today Amigo only downloaded images of the CD itself as "album art" and never an image of the cover...
    I agree that there needs to an option to disable landscape view, also shake to shuffle, I think that's what's its called. Also I would love to have auto play last song on start up
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by prolongexistence View Post
    First question to you, have you rooted your Pre/Pixi? If not, you need to do so. If so, use Preware or WosQI to install UpstartManager. Then open upstart Manager and scroll down to "media server" and make sure the status (3rd column) reads "running". If not, tap it to start it.
    Quickly is the app called something else or no longer avaliable in preware b/c I can't find it.
  10.    #130  
    version 1.1.1 for webos 1.4.5 can be found in preware by the name Amigo.

for webos 2 - check the app catalog
    Any chance making this app available on Australia App Catalog?
    Just in case anybody else bought Amigo music player and, after doctoring, wonders why the full version of the app is no longer available in HP's app catalog and why the developer doesn't respond to mails/PMs asking for a solution:
    You may want to visit his website, go to the Amigo page and mouse-over/click the button above the one that says 'Ask for support'.

Since I didn't get a response in three months and can only assume that others might be in the same boat as I was, I feel it's right to share my findings with other customers.
    I installed Amigo from Preware onto the Touchpad, but it doesn't seem to do anything but allow you to create a "Custom Playlist" but not to add any songs onto it.

I was interested in making it go, as I do have it on the Palm Pre 3, but that version was the appraisal version which only plays the first two-thirds of each track.

Edit: Never mind, installed it again, got it going.
    Last edited by MGSeveral; 08/25/2015 at 11:06 AM. Reason: Fixed it
    Global Posts
    129 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DocJones View Post
    Just in case anybody else bought Amigo music player and, after doctoring, wonders why the full version of the app is no longer available in HP's app catalog and why the developer doesn't respond to mails/PMs asking for a solution:
    You may want to visit his website, go to the Amigo page and mouse-over/click the button above the one that says 'Ask for support'.

Since I didn't get a response in three months and can only assume that others might be in the same boat as I was, I feel it's right to share my findings with other customers.
    Had to doctor my Pre3 today, and it took me a while before I figured out why the preware version wasn't working for me. Finally found the developer's website and this thread. Looks like the developer has posted the app catalogue version of Amigo for webOS 2.x on his website. I downloaded the IPK and installed it, and it's working well for me.

The download button is right above the "Ask for support" button, but it's kind of inconspicuous...
    Amigo Music Player for Palm webOS by TamsPalm | Ryhor Burakou
    Grabber5.0 likes this.
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567