Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    Excellent music player! AMIGO, rocks my ears off!! LastFM scrobble would be a great addition to an already awesome app, keep up the good works! & THANK YOU!
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    Great player!

Suggestion: bookmarking (or ability to remember where you left off). I listen to audiobooks and this is a necessity. It would be a great option with a bookmark icon in the gray drop down area of the scrub bar.

Thanks!
    Hello ashirg.

I get the following message after staring amigo player: "com.palm.mediadb is not running". Do you know why I get this message ?

I am using Palm Pre 2 with WebOs 2.0.1 .

Thanks for help.

Marek
    I'm runnig amigo version 1.1.1 on GSM Pre. While playing music and albumart download works great, my existing "folder.jpg" are not displayed as coverart.
    Is Amigo still supposed to display folder.jpg?
    I love this! I just wish there were shuffle and repeat options!
    For me, the best music player app for webOS ! Really fast, I can even play Raging Thunder 2 while listening to my music...on my Pixi !
  7.    #67  
    webos2 is not yet supported,
    as well as folder.jpg, sorry

what shuffle and repeat options? Tap the song title to get them

great that it runs on a pixi!
    Global Posts
    167 Global Posts
    I love the simple UI, and think the now playing screen looks great, but navigating the menus needs a little work.

I would love to see it with a dark background, similar to default palm apps, with white text. Maybe with a background like the attached one I made.
    Just something to distinguish itself from the default palm theme.

Also, I wish there was a portrait orientation lock in the settings.
    Maybe in the next release?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Palm Pre. Sprint.

View My Mockup!
    Really like this, Last.fm scrobbling would be nice.
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeisnowonfire View Post
    I love this! I just wish there were shuffle and repeat options!
    Ha, I just today figured this out. I really liked this app when I first installed it a month or two ago, but didn't use it because I didn't think it had shuffle.

I found it today!

I really like this app - very light but very functional and nice to look at!
    Global Posts
    139 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cmain View Post
    Really like this, Last.fm scrobbling would be nice.
    I really like this app for its simplicity. If it had last.fm scrobbling I would make it my primary player over Music Remix 2.0.
  12.    #72  
    I also would love lastfm scrobbling and will add that as a feature as soon as I get a break from my exams and full time job

sorry for being slow
    ahsirg,

I'm totally sold, this is my music app, thanks!

Some feature suggestions in case you like them:

1) a 'Now Playing' list (instead of just the album cover of the currently playing song) - I have a feeling one thing that makes this app light is that it only 'shows' one song at a time, but I thought this would be nice.

2) maybe in the application menu the ability to copy the song info onto the clip board - something like the artist and song name, so that it is easy to share info with friends of songs you are enjoying via email, twitter, text message, IRC, or whatever.

3) I liked how the standard music app can be made active with the dashboard, maybe you'll enable that?

Thanks again for a great app and of course good luck on your exams!
    Last edited by notcalvin; 01/04/2011 at 02:35 PM.
    Thanks for this app. It replaced the stock music player in my daily usage.

One question: Sorting seems to suffer from the same bug than the stock player, in that it does not take the disk number into account. So if I have a 2 disk album, with tracks tagged as "disk 1, track 1", "disk 1, track 2", "disk 2, track 1", "disk 2, track 2", they are played in this order:

- "disk 1, track 1"
    - "disk 2, track 1"
    - "disk 1, track 2"
    - "disk 2, track 2"

instead of the (correct):
    - "disk 1, track 1"
    - "disk 1, track 2"
    - "disk 2, track 1"
    - "disk 2, track 2"
  15.    #75  
    2) maybe in the application menu the ability to copy the song info onto the clip board
    3) I liked how the standard music app can be made active with the dashboard, maybe you'll enable that?
    will be done in the next release 100%.

track 2", "disk 2, track 1", "disk 2, track 2"
    it is impossible to make in webOS 1.x as the media indexer doesn't give that info.

a 'Now Playing' list
    IMHO it eats tons of resources and provides not very much usability (you can always swipe back to the list)

Does anyone with webOS 2.x want to test a new version? please let me know

-Ryhor

PS. Someone asked on PC twitter about Amigo license. The player is closed source and with adding features and release of webos2 could potentialy become a $1 app in the catalog.
    Last edited by ahsirg; 01/08/2011 at 10:42 AM.
  16.    #76  
    Just a little update, showing things to come with the release of webos2.0
    Attached Images Attached Images
    So I like to shuffle play, and here are my suggestions for shuffle play...

Right now for shuffle play, I start a play list, start a song playing, and then press shuffle play and it shuffles after that.

Perhaps change the functionality so that if you are in a playlist, and shuffle play is switch to on but music is not yet playing, a random song is selected and playing is started?

Second, while shuffle playing, it is nice to sometimes see what the next few songs are so you can perhaps skip some. This is why I suggested:

Suggestion: a 'Now Playing' list
    AHSIRG: IMHO it eats tons of resources and provides not very much usability (you can always swipe back to the list)
    Well, I thought that might be why you left it out, and I really like how light your player is, so I am happy that it is not included.

Music Player (Remix) has a feature where you can browse the music que one song at a time and set a song to play next.

Maybe you could do something similar and have the ability to preview the next songs in the que, one at a time, and place a 'skip' on some of them and/or a 'play next' on some of them?

(To be clear, the one song at a time preview should be the shuffled playlist, not the standard order.)

Thanks again for a great app! I'd test it in 2.0, but I don't have it!

And congratulations on the last.fm scrobbling!
    I like this player a lot. Good combination of simple but attractive UI and functionality. Love that I can download album art!
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    Quote Originally Posted by ahsirg View Post
    will be done in the next release 100%.

it is impossible to make in webOS 1.x as the media indexer doesn't give that info.

IMHO it eats tons of resources and provides not very much usability (you can always swipe back to the list)

Does anyone with webOS 2.x want to test a new version? please let me know

-Ryhor

PS. Someone asked on PC twitter about Amigo license. The player is closed source and with adding features and release of webos2 could potentialy become a $1 app in the catalog.
    Hey, I'd like to test a new version. I have a Palm Pre 2 with WebOs 2.0.1.

Btw, does that cause the "com.palm.mediadb is not running" error?
    Just installed 2.1 on my GSM Pre- and noticed that unfortunately my favourite music player does not yet run under webOS 2.x. If any help is needed testing an updated version I do gladly offer my help.
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast