Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    i love this app... great job!
  2.    #42  
    DanPLC,
    Wow! Thanks Dan, I'll surely contact Palm (or HP)
    That guy is crazy.
    Global Posts
    729 Global Posts
    Great work on Amigo by the way.. It's my new player of choice.
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    Every time that I open Amigo I get this error message "com.palm.mediadb is not running"

Does anyone know how to solve this? I've tried rebooting and uninstalling then reinstalling. Is it possible that I have a patch or beta program that could be interfering? And if so, how can I check? Thanks
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    Ryhor,

I tried to use this app when you released it, but it had trouble seeing my album art. That's working this time around. However, when creating a playlist, I drilled down by a specific artist, then their "Greatest Hits" album that I wanted, I noticed that it pulled all songs from all artists with a "Greatest Hits" album rather than just the artist I wanted. Is this an easy fix for this? BTW, I really like how simple it is to add songs to a playlist. Nice work!
    Best app for listening music. Very simple, quick & easy ! great work !
    Quote Originally Posted by waykokid View Post
    Every time that I open Amigo I get this error message "com.palm.mediadb is not running"

Does anyone know how to solve this? I've tried rebooting and uninstalling then reinstalling. Is it possible that I have a patch or beta program that could be interfering? And if so, how can I check? Thanks
    Just a thought....
    Use Upstart Manager to make sure "media server" is running

Mine-Sprint Samsung Galaxy Nexus 4G/LTE
    Sprint Pre, 1.4.5 overclocked with F102A Delta Dagger - retired 12-18-11
    Wife's- Sprint LG Viper 4G/LTE
    R.I.P. - My Launch day Pre - 06-06-09--04-18-11

Never trust a computer (or phone) named after a fruit.
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by prolongexistence View Post
    Just a thought....
    Use Upstart Manager to make sure "media server" is running
    prolong, that sounds like a good tip but as a pure end user, I can't figure out how to do that. Any further info would be much appreciated
    Quote Originally Posted by waykokid View Post
    prolong, that sounds like a good tip but as a pure end user, I can't figure out how to do that. Any further info would be much appreciated
    First question to you, have you rooted your Pre/Pixi? If not, you need to do so. If so, use Preware or WosQI to install UpstartManager. Then open upstart Manager and scroll down to "media server" and make sure the status (3rd column) reads "running". If not, tap it to start it.

Mine-Sprint Samsung Galaxy Nexus 4G/LTE
    Sprint Pre, 1.4.5 overclocked with F102A Delta Dagger - retired 12-18-11
    Wife's- Sprint LG Viper 4G/LTE
    R.I.P. - My Launch day Pre - 06-06-09--04-18-11

Never trust a computer (or phone) named after a fruit.
  10.    #50  
    About mediaDB service - make sure you haven't rename amigo to anything other than com.palm.amigo!

Amigo 1.1.0 has been released

New version 1.1.0 lets you:

- Download album art from Last.FM

- Read lyrics from ChartLyrics

Right on your Phone!

Video:

Also a German localizaion by Jonas Dambacher from http://tamspalm.de is supplied in the ipk!
    Last edited by ahsirg; 10/28/2010 at 03:07 AM.
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    Very nice update. I missed checking lyrics, and clearer artwork is nice too. I like that it didn't delete my embedded art, but created a folder to store the new art only for Amigo.

Thanks!
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    I've installed it and it works perfectly, except for one thing: the "Read Lyrics" button often gives me the wrong lyrics for the song that I'm listening to. Good work overall!
  13.    #53  
    lyrics are returned by request from chartlyrics.com
    maybe their db is not big enough

Update: Video of new features
    Last edited by ahsirg; 10/28/2010 at 03:07 AM.
    any chance of adding last.fm scrobbling?
  15.    #55  
    Maybe in a future release, I'll check their API to see is it worth the time or will it take too long.
    Great App. I really like the album art download capability. It shows up in the window when the song is playing. I can't get it to show up on the album page though. Is this a know limitation?
    --
    Visor Deluxe > Visor Platinum > Visor Pro > Treo 180 > Treo 270 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 680 > Palm Pre > EVO 4G
  17.    #57  
    It is a known bug, I'd say
    Will be fixed in a future release, but cannot promise that in the next one as it is a pretty time-consuming thing
    no biggie!
    --
    Visor Deluxe > Visor Platinum > Visor Pro > Treo 180 > Treo 270 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 680 > Palm Pre > EVO 4G
    Fantastic app! I like the minimalist design!

One thing I noticed is that clicking the dashboard does not bring the app into focus.

The dashboard controls themselves actually work, it just doesn't do the expected behavior of bringing the app into focus when any other part of the dashboard is clicked.

Again, nice work with the app.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums Beta
  20.    #60  
    Updated to 1.1.1
    - Fixed unknown album incorrectly displaying
    - Better landscape support with animations
    - New 'matte metal' look and feel finalized
    - German translation improved by TamsPalmDE

Dashboard fix will come in the next release, thanks!
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast