Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    I'm going to give it a try!

I'm looking for a music player that I can use to listen to audio books.

I am one of those that love Audible but they have put developing an app for WebOS because we are not a big market anymore. Palm made them very big at one time!

So I will be converting all my audio files and stripping out the DRM to be able to use it within WebOS.

And yes, I can listen to the books in Palm's Classic Emulator but it does not support Bluetooth.

So I need a music player that has to have a bookmark feature so I can return to the exact spot each time I continue to read (sorry) I mean listen to the book.

I wish a Homebrew developer would just offer to develop the app for Audible and then the developer can make some profit in selling his app (Audible does not charge for there apps that they design for each platform, they are making their money on selling the audio books).

So the developer could make sure Audible's DRM is in place and verified (like a Homebrew developer did for eReader books). We now have a way to read books from eReader with a WebOS app.

So why not approach Audible and see if they would be willing to allow this.

Heck, the codec is on the Classic partition of USB drive. Maybe Audible's codec can be converted using the codec that is used with the PalmOS.

Anyway, I will take a look at this app and see how it's coming along.

Rob

PS I'm sorry for going so off topic here! I guess I was trying to convince this developer to take on the challenge! <grin>
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

Ahsrig, do you have another version out yet? I'm still having some trouble with covers (in landscape mode). Also, will you be adding a feature that will save the song you are on when you exit the app?
  3.    #23  
    the new version will come today-tomorrow-after tomorrow: very soon
  4.    #24  
    Version 1.0.1 is out!
    Changelog:

1.0.1:
    - Album art cover loading fixed
    - MusicStack disabled due to slowness
    - User interface improved and bugfixed
    - Save and current playlist on exit
    - 'Songs' list includes Artist info

Sorry to the book-lovers: no plans on audio books just yet, and to those who liked Musicstack, but it is just too slow to be useful

Download here: http://ahsirg.kvplab/com/amigo/download.html
    Watch a video:

Regards,
    Ryhor

PS. also submitted update to Preware
    Last edited by ahsirg; 10/04/2010 at 02:43 PM.
    Global Posts
    729 Global Posts
    I'm having the same problem as the other person, even with the new version. Preware tells me installs, but it won't launch when I tap Launch, and the icon doesn't show up in my launcher.
  6.    #26  
    This is very strange, I will investigate my ipk packing, while I do that try installing again maybe?
  7.    #27  
    I've repacked the player under the 1.0.2 version
    Download Amigo

Hopefully it will help those, who cannot install, and also maybe it will be finally visible in the right feed in preware.

Ryhor

UPDATE: REBOOT DEVICE AFTER INSTALLING!
    Last edited by ahsirg; 10/08/2010 at 02:22 PM.
    1.0.2 I can not install it on my pixi+ either from prepare or offline ipk. oops
  9.    #29  
    what does it say? give any errors?
    i am all confused with the IPK deploying and the strange results it produdes
    ahsirg,
    You could reach out to Rod Whitby at webOS-internals or Jason Robitaille at Canuck Coding to help package Amigo. They are usually very helpful.

I really like Amigo's ability to create playlists and its simplicity.

Also, for anyone wanting to get album art into their device, get MP3Tag, the universal tag editor, that is able to update album art directly in the device, at least in Windows while your device is connected in USB mode. (Mp3tag - the universal Tag Editor (ID3v2, MP4, OGG, FLAC, ...))

I did have to restart Luna initially to get Amigo to launch. I guess because it's using the com.palm namespace. You may have to restart the device after using MP3Tag as well for the album art to display in the player.
    Last edited by sethron; 10/08/2010 at 01:07 PM. Reason: grammer
  11.    #31  
    sethron! Thanks i've already contacted the internals team and Rod yesterday, that's why I made 1.0.2 with repacking. Guess there still some work to do.

Glad you like the app

Ryhor
    Quote Originally Posted by ahsirg View Post
    what does it say? give any errors?
    i am all confused with the IPK deploying and the strange results it produdes

nothing shows...

in preware
    after the file is 'installed' .The circle is just turning turning turning turning forever...without an end..
    Quote Originally Posted by jiuzhege View Post
    nothing shows...

in preware
    after the file is 'installed' .The circle is just turning turning turning turning forever...without an end..
    Try installing it with Internalz! That has worked for me, for several apps now!

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

14.    #34  
    I think I finally managed to get the correct ipk to preware, it should now install fine
    1.0.2 update successful now! The first day you announced the update, it wouldn't update for me. Progress wheel thing just kept spinning and spinning. Today, updated no problem!

Mine-Sprint Samsung Galaxy Nexus 4G/LTE
    Sprint Pre, 1.4.5 overclocked with F102A Delta Dagger - retired 12-18-11
    Wife's- Sprint LG Viper 4G/LTE
    R.I.P. - My Launch day Pre - 06-06-09--04-18-11

Never trust a computer (or phone) named after a fruit.
  16.    #36  
    Yes, that is correct - i uploaded a new repacked 1.0.2 ipk.
    Now that installing works, and Amigo is in the feeds I wish everyone happy using and I will work on bringing new features like: shake to shuffle and some others.

Suggestions are very welcome!

Ryhor
    One thing I hate about playing music on my Pre, is missing album art. NaN Player has a fetch album art feature. Do you have any intentions of adding this feature? I would start using Amigo more often if it had it, because this app is fast and minimalist UI, which I like. Great job so far. If you ever want any free help desiging any UI elements PM me... I'm a graphic design student that would like some practice with UI design and if you hated what I did, you could never use it and not hurt my feelings. Not even sure if I could be useful, just throwing it out there though.
  18.    #38  
    The next version will hopefully include "fetch album art"

hoppy785, if you have spare time you can redesign how amigo looks (or the buttons) to your vision, and if I like it (or if I don't like it, but customers like it) I'll implement the new design :-)
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    im using right now , everythings works smoothly
    A thief named "M-O-J-O Development" is stealing apps from the homebrew gallery and submitting them under his name in the Palm beta app catalog (webOS Internals tweeted about this here: Twitter)

Why am I posting this here? Because Amigo is one of the apps this person has stolen: http://www.precentral.net/app-gallery/beta/amigo

I'm sure webOS Internals probably emailed Palm about this already, but you may want to do it yourself. I hope Palm bans this developer's account immediately.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Twitter: @Hedami
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast