Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    NGConvert is a very complete, scientific and engineering unit converter for the Palm Pre. Yes, there are several unit converters out there already, but I used YUAC (Yet Another Unit Converter) by Marius Milner on PalmOS very heavily, and I could not find anything to match. Necessity being the mother of invention, I am now an app developer! (Well, pretending, anyway.)

Of course, this is still not up to Marius's standards for completeness, but you will find that it does a lot of conversions. Please let me know if you find that one you need is missing.

The app features an on-screen keypad, with backspace and clear, and keys to enter an exponent and change its sign. The app will remember your last used unit conversions (for each of the 36 quantities), and also your last input value. In the Preferences, you can control how many digits you see after the decimal, and also change to a comma (vergule) as the decimal separator.

I've tried very hard to make sure the conversions are accurate. Please let me know if you find a problem.

This is a Beta version, and it will be free until it makes it into the app store, where it will not be expensive. No ads.

Last edited by gnunesjr; 09/15/2010 at 10:08 PM.
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    ....before even a single download. I forgot that you need to make the input negative for temperature conversions. That has been fixed.
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    I'm clearly just talking to myself here...

...but anyway, I've uploaded a new version that fixes a minor bug in on-screen formatting of your input value, and which has a spiffy new look!