Page 9 of 88 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141959 ... LastLast
Results 161 to 180 of 1753
Like Tree3Likes
  1. schlk21's Avatar
    Posts
    775 Posts
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    #161  
    Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    The Last.FM representative just contacted me to let me know my commercial application has been approved! So we're now officially good to go on including Last.FM scrobbling in the final product.
    Awesome!

    What about offline caching though? For times where there is no service or wifi
  2.    #162  
    Quote Originally Posted by schlk21 View Post
    Awesome!

    What about offline caching though? For times where there is no service or wifi
    Yep that's planned. It's on the "Known Issues" list in the first post. I'm going to try to keep this list up-to-date, so be sure to check it out.
  3. #163  
    Loving the mini player... but I was wondering something about the ordering.

    I know you can reorder the notifications once they're there... but would it be possible to add the ability to permanently change the order in the preferences menu? It would be awesome if we could switch the sections off and on, and drag to reorder in that screen and have the mini player even more customizable per user.

    I have no idea how hard that might be to implement, but I think it would be cool. haha
    Follow me on teh Twitterz
  4. wxl
    wxl is offline
    wxl's Avatar
    Posts
    53 Posts
    #164  
    omg you made my day:
    • lastfm support! My #1 most requested thing, now I can stop worrying about getting into the NaN Player club.
    • queueing
    • better mini player
    • resume play doesnt turn on shuffle!!
    • universal search

    unfortunately in my excitement I deleted the non-beta before taking note of what was in my one flylist. Any hope the file containing this info might still be around?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by wxl; 09/04/2010 at 03:33 PM.
  5.    #165  
    Quote Originally Posted by Spader View Post
    Loving the mini player... but I was wondering something about the ordering.

    I know you can reorder the notifications once they're there... but would it be possible to add the ability to permanently change the order in the preferences menu? It would be awesome if we could switch the sections off and on, and drag to reorder in that screen and have the mini player even more customizable per user.

    I have no idea how hard that might be to implement, but I think it would be cool. haha
    That's a good idea. I'll work on doing that.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

    Twitter: @Hedami
  6.    #166  
    Quote Originally Posted by wxl View Post
    omg you made my day:
    • lastfm support! My #1 most requested thing, now I can stop worrying about getting into the NaN Player club.
    • queueing
    • better mini player
    • resume play doesnt turn on shuffle!!
    • universal search
    I'm glad you're enjoying it.

    Quote Originally Posted by wxl View Post
    unfortunately in my excitement I deleted the non-beta before taking note of what was in my one flylist. Any hope the file containing this info might still be around?
    No unfortunately once you delete an app, all of its data gets deleted.

    But if it makes you feel better, I lose my flylists all the time since I delete and re-install the app fairly regularly during my testing. It would be nice if in the future I had some type of backup mechanism (either built-into the app or via webOS Internals Save/Restore). I plan on thinking about the best solution...but haven't put any thought into it yet.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

    Twitter: @Hedami
  7. #167  
    I love the new layout and the design choices. The simplified look works a lot better.

    Probably the biggest change for me (however such a small update) is the locking of screen orientation. I hated having to wait for the screen to update the orientation.

    I do miss the "coverflow" view a little. It was mostly for aesthetics, but it also served as a quick visual clue as to see what song might be next. Maybe it can be reimplemented in the Preview mode, along with that coverflow swiping animation? I think it would help a little in distinguishing songs in preview mode, that don't have different cover art (or no cover art) the scrolling motion acting as another visual clue that you did, in fact, swipe.

    I also miss the album art in menus. But if I have to sacrifice this for snappier response, I'm content with that.

    I believe the scrolling text should start about about 20% shown on screen, instead of completely off screen then start to scroll. OR if possible, start justified to the left, then start to scroll after a couple of seconds to show the rest of the text that is cut off. That way, the user can read most of the text right away.

    The new home screen is great. I think there should be icons on the fave list to clarify what the items are. For example, items can be named the same thing because an album can be the same name as a song. The only visual clue is the extra bit of text the song has (album name).



    I almost feel as if, the fave list should be it's own optional entity. Such as, having the ability to choose not to display it on the home screen (akin to the classic Music Player Remix home screen).

    I'd like to hear your ideas about these suggestions...
    Great work. I'm only criticizing because I love the app and want it to be the best it can.

    Thanks.
  8. #168  
    Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    If you notice, the text scrolls in a choppy manner in the mini-player. I think in general dashboard items don't animate very smoothly while on the lock screen.
    You are right. Maybe this will change with new hardware or webOS 2.0. But for now this was so annoying to me I deactivated the preview-part of the controls. It's such a great idea, but my pre jerk something while sitting on the touchstone, I couldn't bring myself to watch this s
    Maybe deactivate this preview for now on the lockscreen?

    By the way, with the new iTunes10 installed (and still being amazed by MR2B), I realize what a crappy player that is. Can you make a desktop version of Music Remix?
    Best webOS-mod ever: have a look
  9.    #169  
    Quote Originally Posted by ltjSpin View Post
    You are right. Maybe this will change with new hardware or webOS 2.0. But for now this was so annoying to me I deactivated the preview-part of the controls. It's such a great idea, but my pre jerk something while sitting on the touchstone, I couldn't bring myself to watch this s
    Maybe deactivate this preview for now on the lockscreen?
    Let's just see what happens under webOS 2.0 first.

    Quote Originally Posted by ltjSpin View Post
    By the way, with the new iTunes10 installed (and still being amazed by MR2B), I realize what a crappy player that is. Can you make a desktop version of Music Remix?
    Right now I'm more interested in sticking in the mobile space.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

    Twitter: @Hedami
  10.    #170  
    Quote Originally Posted by cruzader View Post
    I love the new layout and the design choices. The simplified look works a lot better.

    Probably the biggest change for me (however such a small update) is the locking of screen orientation. I hated having to wait for the screen to update the orientation.
    Having the ability to lock screen orientation was a big request I used to get. But instead of embedding this option in the app's Preferences menu, I decided to include it on the home screen as a quick toggle option, along with the "keep screen on" option. I envision these 2 options being set multiple times by the users under different conditions. For instance, when I'm working on the lawn, I turn the "keep screen on" option off so the music doesn't change or pause while the phone's in my pocket.

    Quote Originally Posted by cruzader View Post
    I do miss the "coverflow" view a little. It was mostly for aesthetics, but it also served as a quick visual clue as to see what song might be next. Maybe it can be reimplemented in the Preview mode, along with that coverflow swiping animation? I think it would help a little in distinguishing songs in preview mode, that don't have different cover art (or no cover art)— the scrolling motion acting as another visual clue that you did, in fact, swipe.
    While it was a clever idea in the built-in music app, it slowed things down too much, and also made the "Now Playing" code very convoluted. It was the source of many of the little bugs that were found on this screen. Once webOS 2.0 drops, we'll see if we can get a little more fancy while in Preview Mode without sacrificing speed and stability.

    Quote Originally Posted by cruzader View Post
    I also miss the album art in menus. But if I have to sacrifice this for snappier response, I'm content with that.
    Removing the album art sped up the loading of the lists, as well as the speed of the scrolling. So again, it's not worth the extra little eye candy to add it back in. Also, I think the new look of the app works well with just simple lists.

    Quote Originally Posted by cruzader View Post
    I believe the scrolling text should start about about 20% shown on screen, instead of completely off screen then start to scroll. OR if possible, start justified to the left, then start to scroll after a couple of seconds to show the rest of the text that is cut off. That way, the user can read most of the text right away.
    I agree with you 100%! However I haven't found a way to do it yet. I'm working on it though.

    Quote Originally Posted by cruzader View Post
    The new home screen is great. I think there should be icons on the fave list to clarify what the items are. For example, items can be named the same thing because an album can be the same name as a song. The only visual clue is the extra bit of text the song has (album name).
    I did consider this while designing Faves; however in portrait orientation, there's not a lot of room to add an icon. I felt it was important to keep as much horizontal space available for the item description. Even in the case you depicted, people can determine what each item is. Also, the idea behind Faves is to create a relatively small list that can be accessed quickly when you open the app. So the user should remember what type of item they added to their Faves list.

    Quote Originally Posted by cruzader View Post
    I almost feel as if, the fave list should be it's own optional entity. Such as, having the ability to choose not to display it on the home screen (akin to the classic Music Player Remix home screen).
    I always felt in music apps that the home screen real estate was being wasted by a huge music library menu that took up the whole screen unnecessarily. So no, Faves are here to stay. It is a very different approach that is not seen in many music apps, but I think most people once they start experimenting with the feature, will find it to be indispensable.

    Quote Originally Posted by cruzader View Post
    I'd like to hear your ideas about these suggestions...
    Great work. I'm only criticizing because I love the app and want it to be the best it can.
    Thanks a lot for all the ideas/suggestions.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

    Twitter: @Hedami
  11. #171  
    Well I've tried to download the beta but it kept sending me to the homepage lol. Either that or the "bit" link wouldn't download correctly... Please help...I like the remix but this one looks even more dope.
  12.    #172  
    Quote Originally Posted by sneekzlojik View Post
    Well I've tried to download the beta but it kept sending me to the homepage lol. Either that or the "bit" link wouldn't download correctly... Please help...I like the remix but this one looks even more dope.
    The link to the IPK is at the bottom of the first post of the thread. You should be able to use either Preware or Internalz to install the IPK directly from the link on your phone. Or you can download the IPK to your computer and install it with webOS Quick Install.

    But hopefully PreCentral will approve the app soon and it will appear in the homebrew feed in Preware.
  13. rlopin's Avatar
    Posts
    441 Posts
    Global Posts
    443 Global Posts
    #173  
    OH-EM-GEE -- This player rocks. I watched all the YouTube video tutorials and they were extremely helpful.

    The only thing I noticed is that the scrolling words in the dashboard preview pane were going by way too fast. Could it be the 1Ghz Uberkernal I have installed?
    Phones>Ericsson->iPaq->Treo700w>>PalmPre & TouchPad<<PC<-Amiga<-C64<-Vic20<-PET<Computers
  14. rlopin's Avatar
    Posts
    441 Posts
    Global Posts
    443 Global Posts
    #174  
    What are the common use cases for Last.FM scrobbling?

    From what I have seen it is used to Log the list of songs you have played and keeps tally of how many times you have played each one.

    Is there a way to turn the top 20 most played songs into a playlist that can be downloaded back to Music Player Remix?
    Phones>Ericsson->iPaq->Treo700w>>PalmPre & TouchPad<<PC<-Amiga<-C64<-Vic20<-PET<Computers
  15.    #175  
    Quote Originally Posted by rlopin View Post
    OH-EM-GEE -- This player rocks. I watched all the YouTube video tutorials and they were extremely helpful.

    The only thing I noticed is that the scrolling words in the dashboard preview pane were going by way too fast. Could it be the 1Ghz Uberkernal I have installed?
    It's likely that it would scroll faster on your device. I do have it set to scroll fairly fast though because the scrolling text starts at the right-side of the screen and I want the user to be able to see the text fairly quickly. However on my device (stock 500 MHz), it's perfectly readable.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

    Twitter: @Hedami
  16.    #176  
    Quote Originally Posted by rlopin View Post
    What are the common use cases for Last.FM scrobbling?

    From what I have seen it is used to Log the list of songs you have played and keeps tally of how many times you have played each one.

    Is there a way to turn the top 20 most played songs into a playlist that can be downloaded back to Music Player Remix?
    I haven't started using Last.FM until recently when I started testing scrobbling, so I'm probably not the best person to answer this. Perhaps another Last.FM user can chime in.

    But basically yes it keeps track of all the songs you play (at least the ones you played for half the length of the song or 240 seconds...whichever comes first).

    There would be a way to get a list of the top 20 played songs; however I'm pretty sure I'd have to re-submit the commercial license agreement and it's very likely I'd have to pay Last.FM a fee (or percentage of the profits) to use this service. I'm pretty sure only their scrobbling service is free. So we'll have to see how the app does...then I can re-evaluate whether I'll consider using more Last.FM services within the app.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

    Twitter: @Hedami
  17. rlopin's Avatar
    Posts
    441 Posts
    Global Posts
    443 Global Posts
    #177  
    Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    I haven't started using Last.FM until recently when I started testing scrobbling, so I'm probably not the best person to answer this. Perhaps another Last.FM user can chime in.

    But basically yes it keeps track of all the songs you play (at least the ones you played for half the length of the song or 240 seconds...whichever comes first).

    There would be a way to get a list of the top 20 played songs; however I'm pretty sure I'd have to re-submit the commercial license agreement and it's very likely I'd have to pay Last.FM a fee (or percentage of the profits) to use this service. I'm pretty sure only their scrobbling service is free. So we'll have to see how the app does...then I can re-evaluate whether I'll consider using more Last.FM services within the app.
    Or, you could add a little local logging to the app's own database and expose a 'most played' button on the right hand side of the home screen. :-)
    .
    .
    Phones>Ericsson->iPaq->Treo700w>>PalmPre & TouchPad<<PC<-Amiga<-C64<-Vic20<-PET<Computers
  18.    #178  
    Quote Originally Posted by rlopin View Post
    Or, you could add a little local logging to the app's own database and expose a 'most played' button on the right hand side of the home screen. :-)
    .
    .
    That type of thing is definitely on my radar.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

    Twitter: @Hedami
  19. #179  
    Hi,
    sorry that I did not read the whole thread, but is it possible to include a configuration option that always lets the "Mini-Player" open? Currently, switching to and from Musicplayer closes and reopens the mini player, which takes quite long and looks ugly.

    And I can confirm that the text seems to be faster/too fast on an overlocked Pre, as I'm also using 720Mhz.

    -rob
  20. #180  
    Not sure if this is included and I'm not seeing it, but is there a way to get to the artist's page (the menu that shows the artist's list of albums)
    from the now playing menu?

    I know you can get to the song's album from the now playing menu.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions