webOS Nation Forums >  Homebrew >  webOS Homebrew Apps > Music Player (Remix) 2.0 - Homebrew Edition
Music Player (Remix) 2.0 - Homebrew Edition
Like Tree3Likes

Old 12/23/2011, 08:43 PM   #1741 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
Yes I know! At the end of the ""Can I create Launcher shortcuts?" FAQ, it specifies how to remove a shortcut.
thanks alot resolved my issue
devil.insulted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/12/2012, 11:35 AM   #1742 (permalink)

I am having trouble downloading homebrew version with quick install.
vudude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/12/2012, 12:29 PM   #1743 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vudude View Post
I am having trouble downloading homebrew version with quick install.
You can download the IPK directly by going here (just verified it worked): http://www.webosnation.com/app/downl...remix-2-0-beta

Just make sure you're logged into webOSNation.com before attempting the download. Keep in mind they have a separate login system than their forums.

Once you download the IPK, you can then install it to your device using webOS Quick Install.

Twitter: @Hedami
DanPLC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04/10/2012, 11:26 PM   #1744 (permalink)

thanks a lot for your work.
junwae is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked By: DanPLC
Old 04/10/2012, 11:27 PM   #1745 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by junwae View Post
thanks a lot for your work.
You're welcome!

Liked by aveemashfaq likes this.
Thanked By: aveemashfaq
Old 05/14/2012, 09:17 AM   #1746 (permalink)

my device palm pixi+ installed it and i created a shortcut of auto resume. but later i wantd to remove it but it didn't go off. in this process, i selected create auto resume to deactivate it as if it could be removed like crossing off a tick but i got another shortcut. i used WOQI to remove the program but the shortcuts remain. i am irritated. help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
aveemashfaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/14/2012, 09:26 AM   #1747 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aveemashfaq View Post
my device palm pixi+ installed it and i created a shortcut of auto resume. but later i wantd to remove it but it didn't go off. in this process, i selected create auto resume to deactivate it as if it could be removed like crossing off a tick but i got another shortcut. i used WOQI to remove the program but the shortcuts remain. i am irritated. help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
To delete a launcher icon or app, open up the Launcher then hold the Orange/Grey option button on your keyboard while tapping the icon. A popup will appear asking if you want to remove it.

Incidentally this information can be found in the app's FAQ located on the Help screen (tap the "?" button on any of the screens). The specific FAQ is "Can I create Launcher shortcuts?".

Old 05/14/2012, 10:46 AM   #1748 (permalink)

Or software manager, if you want a list view
laingman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/03/2012, 05:00 AM   #1749 (permalink)

@DanPLC first off GREAT app . I love it ! I installed it on my Pixi Plus & I like it much more than the standard webOS music app . There's one small thing that I think you should know : This app seems to slow down my phone much more than the standard music app , & other music players in Preware ( ex. Amigo ) , is there a way you can make the app a bit lighter ? Thank you in advance . I love this app
-- Sent from my Pixi Plus
PrePixiLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/03/2012, 07:16 AM   #1750 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrePixiLove View Post
@DanPLC first off GREAT app . I love it ! I installed it on my Pixi Plus & I like it much more than the standard webOS music app . There's one small thing that I think you should know : This app seems to slow down my phone much more than the standard music app , & other music players in Preware ( ex. Amigo ) , is there a way you can make the app a bit lighter ? Thank you in advance . I love this app
-- Sent from my Pixi Plus
Thanks for the feedback. I'm glad you like the app. As the first post in this thread mentions, the homebrew edition you're using is an older beta that I've released to webOS 1.x devices. As a result, there will be no more development on this version. In addition to a lot more features, the app catalog version (only compatible with webOS 2.x and later) has many more bugs and issues fixed.

Back in 2010, I released this public beta for webOS 1.x devices; however when HP released the webOS 2.x SDK, they completely changed the way music apps retrieved music from the music library, so I had to redesign everything (behind the scenes). That's why development continued on the webOS 2.x compatible version (which became the version in the app catalog) and why development ceased on this version. So unfortunately you're experiencing an early beta, not the full, finished product. But like I say in this forum's first post, it's still a good app.

Incidentally for those interested, the app catalog version's discussion thread can be found here: Music Player (Remix)

Thanked By: PrePixiLove
Old 09/04/2012, 10:20 AM   #1751 (permalink)

Quote:
I think 3-4 seconds is a bit of an exaggeration. But to answer your question, cross-fading is not possible with HTML5 audio. I could probably do it with PDK (SDL) audio, but I'm reluctant to move to PDK audio for several reasons. You can search this thread for "PDK" to find previous discussions on this topic.
Add my vote for crossfading and gapless playback.

Nice work!

Some easier-to-implement humble requests:
- when adding an album to a flylist, do it as individual songs so they can be re-ordered, removed, etc
- add an option to add a song/album/artist to the current playlist and a flylist at the same time
- in addition to the already existing 'play next' and 'add to bottom of playlist', an 'insert shuffled' would be cool. Integrate that with the adding to current list and a flylist, if you can do that, of course.
- ability to save current playlist to a flylist.

Thanks for all of your effort in making this nice app for WebOS.

-- Greg
Old 09/04/2012, 11:02 AM   #1752 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by knobbysideup View Post
Add my vote for crossfading and gapless playback.

Nice work!

Some easier-to-implement humble requests:
- when adding an album to a flylist, do it as individual songs so they can be re-ordered, removed, etc
- add an option to add a song/album/artist to the current playlist and a flylist at the same time
- in addition to the already existing 'play next' and 'add to bottom of playlist', an 'insert shuffled' would be cool. Integrate that with the adding to current list and a flylist, if you can do that, of course.
- ability to save current playlist to a flylist.

Thanks for all of your effort in making this nice app for WebOS.

-- Greg
I assume you're referring to the homebrew version of the app since you're posting in this thread. This version of the app, which is an old beta version compatible with webOS 1.x devices, has been frozen for quite some time. The app catalog, webOS 2.x/3.x compatible version (discussed here: Music Player (Remix)) has been the one I've updated and maintained.

But as I've mentioned in that thread, I'm currently working on developing the app on Android. I don't anticipate adding new features to the webOS version. App development takes a lot of time (all of which is in my personal time), so due to the severely decreased webOS userbase I have chosen to move forward with the Android port. This is mostly due to 2 factors:

1) I now use an Android phone and tablet. I haven't found an Android music app that suits my needs like Music Player (Remix) did.

2) I've received a ton of emails from webOS folks using Android devices asking me to port it.

The Android version is coming along nicely. I actually use it now as my main music player even though it's still in development.

But to answer your specific questions (even though I won't actually update the webOS version!):

Quote:
I have it set up this way so that if you add new songs to an album (or remove songs), the flylist automatically updates. On the Android version, there probably won't be flylists since you have the ability to update playlists in the Android SDK. So for that version, I probably will implement it the way you're requesting.

Quote:
I can see that being useful in some cases. But most of the time, people aren't performing these 2 functions at the same time. However in the Android version I'm working on, adding items to a playlist is going to be a bit easier than in the webOS version. So it should make having this type of feature not as crucial.

Quote:
That's an interesting idea, but I think when most people use the "play next" feature to add a song or artist, they're probably just wanting to hear certain songs from the album or artist. So a shuffle feature may not make too much sense.

Quote:
- - ability to save current playlist to a flylist.
This is probably going to be included in the Android version. It was something I always wanted to do but was not easy due to limitations of webOS. In Android it should be easy.

Thanks for continuing to use the app. I'm sorry I won't be able to continue to develop the webOS version, but considering I use Android devices now and a lot of my userbase has switched to Android, it makes sense for me to work on an Android version. Plus it's going to allow me to develop some features that were not possible on webOS (due to Android's more powerful SDK).

For those interested in following the progress of the Android development, you can follow me on Twitter @MusicRemixApp. I'll also be posting occasional updates in the main Music Player (Remix) thread (linked above). I actually posted an update last night with a link to the first demo video (posted on my HedamiSoft youtube account).

Liked by toaste likes this.
Old 09/04/2012, 11:32 AM   #1753 (permalink)

Quote:
I assume you're referring to the homebrew version of the app since you're posting in this thread. .
Nah, this is the thread I found. Sorry about that. I am, indeed, using the app catalog version on a Pre3.

Sorry to see you going off to the dark side :-)

Check out Rockbox. I use that on my Sansa, and the way it manages playlists is pretty ideal. It also does custom mixers, crossfading, gapless playback, background indexing (that works, vs. the crappy webos fileupdate service) etc. You can also have multiple profiles. For example, I have one for headphones, one for when I only have one headphone in (mono), one for the car, one for the stereo, etc. This loads specific settings like volumes, mixer settings, stereo/mono, anything that can be set can be stored as a custom profile. Of course it allows your own skinning, and a plugin architecture.

Good luck with your android endeavors.

--g

Tags
music player remix

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0