Page 87 of 88 FirstFirst ... 377782838485868788 LastLast
Results 1,721 to 1,740 of 1753
Like Tree3Likes
    What file formats does this player support?
  2.    #1722  
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanguero View Post
    What file formats does this player support?
    The same standard ones supported in webOS. Go to palm.com and view the tech specs of one of the devices for a list.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Twitter: @Hedami
    at&t must be lagging, because I still don't see it. Soon, hopefully.
    I've searched this forum and haven't found quite the answer to a scrubbing problem:

I'm using the latest homebrew version on 1.4.5.1, which includes the 60-, 30- and 5-second quick-scrub buttons. Having an issue with the time codes getting mixed up; that is, I'll hit the 60-second rewind several times in a row and the file backs up to the same point each time. Odd thing is, the time codes stay the same, so often I'll get to the end of an audiobook and have to start and stop the app several times to get the last few minutes to play properly.

Any ideas?
  5.    #1725  
    Quote Originally Posted by goldyman View Post
    I've searched this forum and haven't found quite the answer to a scrubbing problem:

I'm using the latest homebrew version on 1.4.5.1, which includes the 60-, 30- and 5-second quick-scrub buttons. Having an issue with the time codes getting mixed up; that is, I'll hit the 60-second rewind several times in a row and the file backs up to the same point each time. Odd thing is, the time codes stay the same, so often I'll get to the end of an audiobook and have to start and stop the app several times to get the last few minutes to play properly.

Any ideas?
    If this is in a long audio file (like an audio book), then it's probably because of the webOS bug related to timekeeping in long audio files.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    If this is in a long audio file (like an audio book), then it's probably because of the webOS bug related to timekeeping in long audio files.
    OK, does anybody know the sweet spot that triggers the long-file bug? I've split a 14-hour file into four 3.5-hour segments, about 130mb each, and still have trouble with timekeeping.
    BREAKING: HP shutting down webOS device operations, will "continue to explore options"

Dan has not kept it a secret by any means but he started posting at www.androidcentral.com as he got his EVO 3D.

It was a matter of a couple weeks after that that he got his first app ported to Android: Quick Post (Twitter & Facebook posting)

Dan, I want to say thank you. The best app I have ever had on my Pre was Music Player (Remix).

Thank you!
    Last edited by milominderbinder; 08/18/2011 at 05:05 PM.
  8.    #1728  
    Quote Originally Posted by goldyman View Post
    OK, does anybody know the sweet spot that triggers the long-file bug? I've split a 14-hour file into four 3.5-hour segments, about 130mb each, and still have trouble with timekeeping.
    Honestly I'm not sure what the cutoff point is. But files that are several hours long could experience this issue.

9.    #1729  
    Quote Originally Posted by milominderbinder View Post
    BREAKING: HP shutting down webOS device operations, will "continue to explore options"

Dan has not kept it a secret by any means but he started posting at www.androidcentral.com as he got his EVO 3D.

It was a matter of a couple weeks after that that he got his first app ported to Android: Quick Post (Twitter & Facebook posting)

Dan, I want to say thank you. The best app I have ever had on my Pre was Music Player (Remix).

Thank you!
    Thanks for your support, especially in the early homebrew days. Today's news is particularly sad because I had been holding off on working on the TouchPad version of Remix due to all the issues I've had with HP over the past few months. But recently I decided to start working on it and it was really looking good. But now it's all over. Very sad.

...But now it's all over. Very sad.
    Dan,

I woke up this morning feeling like my dog had died. webOS has always had so few apps but we had this one app that was a world beyond anything Apple or Android could do.

It was exciting as you brought each new innovation. You sustained us. You redefined how a music player should work.

Thank you.

You have already ported one app over to Android. I hope that there are more to come. Your gift is not just in your abillity to write code but your vision.

There are a lot of us who want to follow you in your next big adventure. Just let us know!
  11.    #1731  
    Quote Originally Posted by milominderbinder View Post
    Dan,

I woke up this morning feeling like my dog had died. webOS has always had so few apps but we had this one app that was a world beyond anything Apple or Android could do.

It was exciting as you brought each new innovation. You sustained us. You redefined how a music player should work.

Thank you.

You have already ported one app over to Android. I hope that there are more to come. Your gift is not just in your abillity to write code but your vision.

There are a lot of us who want to follow you in your next big adventure. Just let us know!
    Thanks...I'm sure I'll still be writing apps.

nvm
  13.    #1733  
    Quote Originally Posted by GLAzedFAith View Post
    nvm
    nvm?

14.    #1734  
    I've updated the homebrew version to version 1.99.38. It should be available in Preware shortly and is already available in webosnation.com's homebrew section. It fixes a bug that causes the Lyrics to come back with an error 105. I recently fixed the same bug in the app catalog version.

Normally I wouldn't update this homebrew version since it's an old beta version with known bugs/issues, but since I just updated the app catalog version with this lyrics bug fix and it's easy to transfer over, I figured I'd update it. But please do not expect this to be a normal occurrence.

Global Posts
    54 Global Posts
    Is there any way to continue playing to the next album? I gave my mom my old pixi to use as a mp3 player for ripped audio books. I set it up so that each disc in the book is a separate album. But when the last track in the album is finished it will either stop or repeat based on the options I found in the settings menu. Couldn't find anything to continue play to the next album.

It is the latest homebrew version from preware. I apologize if this has been addressed but I could not find anything while searching the thread.
  16.    #1736  
    The best way to do this would be to save the albums in a flylist or the faves list. Then it'll play each album in sequence and go the next album when one is completed.

Hi Dan,

I am new to all this webos thing.
    Please help me with 2 things.

1. How do I create a Playlist in Music Player Remix
    2. Accidentally I created an Auto Resume Icon how do I delete it?

Regards,
    Devil
  18.    #1738  
    Quote Originally Posted by devil.insulted View Post
    Hi Dan,

I am new to all this webos thing.
    Please help me with 2 things.

1. How do I create a Playlist in Music Player Remix
    2. Accidentally I created an Auto Resume Icon how do I delete it?

Regards,
    Devil
    Open up the app's Help screen and go to the "FAQ". One of the questions is "Where are my synced playlists?". This will explain how to get M3U playlists from your computer to show up on your webOS device (and in Remix).

You can also create playlists directly in Remix called "flylists". Just go to the "Flylists" screen, tap the "+" icon to add a flylist, then go to any other screen, tap the "+" icon next to an item and select "Add to flylist". You can also add items to a flylists directly from the in-app universal search. Just start typing on any screen, then tap the "+" icon next to a search result.

One of the other FAQ questions is "Can I create Launcher shortcuts?". You'll find the answer to your second question there.

There are other help resources on the Help screen including video guides/tutorials. Keep in mind that some of the features may not be available in the homebrew edition of the app. The app catalog version has many more features such as autolists and album art downloading.

One of the other FAQ questions is "Can I create Launcher shortcuts?". You'll find the answer to your second question there.

There are other help resources on the Help screen including video guides/tutorials. Keep in mind that some of the features may not be available in the homebrew edition of the app. The app catalog version has many more features such as autolists and album art downloading.
    Hi Dan,

Thanks for clarification of the flylist I was not sure if it were playlist.

My question is that How Do I Delete a Shortcut, as I was not able to find that option.
    I already created the shortcut but I dont want the shortcut.
  20.    #1740  
    Quote Originally Posted by devil.insulted View Post
    Hi Dan,

Thanks for clarification of the flylist I was not sure if it were playlist.

My question is that How Do I Delete a Shortcut, as I was not able to find that option.
    I already created the shortcut but I dont want the shortcut.
    Yes I know! At the end of the ""Can I create Launcher shortcuts?" FAQ, it specifies how to remove a shortcut.