Page 86 of 88 FirstFirst ... 36768182838485868788 LastLast
Results 1,701 to 1,720 of 1753
Like Tree3Likes
  1.    #1701  
    Quote Originally Posted by daexpression View Post
    hey Dan,
    is there anyway for those not able to purchase from the catalog to buy this app? I'm using 2.1.0 and thus cannot use the 1.4.5 release, but would like to purchase it. please advice
    No, I can only sell the app in the official app catalog. If your country or region does not allow you to access paid apps, then unfortunately you won't be able to get the app.

    Stuntmanmark, webOS Internals has developed a way for people to access paid apps only if they haven't activated their phone yet. I don't think they've come up with a way to help people who have already activated.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

    Twitter: @Hedami
  2. #1702  
    @DanPLC

    First off great app. I upgraded to webOS 2.1 from 1.4.5 on a Sprint FrankenPre Plus. First thing I did was purchase your app. The disappointing part is that all the flylists I created were not automatically loaded to this new app. I have already deleted the old app because it said it would not function on 2.1. Is there a way to reload or copy over all those flylists? It would be very tedious to recreate all of those. Had I not deleted the old app is there a way that could benefit future migraters?

    Also, I listen to a lot of mixed cds. In the previous version about 2 seconds was added between songs instead of continuous play like it plays on a computer with Mediamonkey. Has this been corrected in this version? Any plans to correct this?
  3.    #1703  
    Quote Originally Posted by crucian4 View Post
    First off great app. I upgraded to webOS 2.1 from 1.4.5 on a Sprint FrankenPre Plus. First thing I did was purchase your app. The disappointing part is that all the flylists I created were not automatically loaded to this new app. I have already deleted the old app because it said it would not function on 2.1. Is there a way to reload or copy over all those flylists? It would be very tedious to recreate all of those. Had I not deleted the old app is there a way that could benefit future migraters?
    No unfortunately there's no way to load the data from the homebrew (public beta) version of the app. The way the data is stored and the way flylists are designed is much different in the final app catalog version. The homebrew version was the old public beta that ran on webOS 1.4.5. When I moved to webOS 2.0, I made lots of changes behind the scenes.

    Quote Originally Posted by crucian4 View Post
    Also, I listen to a lot of mixed cds. In the previous version about 2 seconds was added between songs instead of continuous play like it plays on a computer with Mediamonkey. Has this been corrected in this version? Any plans to correct this?
    It's the nature of HTML 5 audio that webOS uses to play audio. There is always going to be a gap between songs. The only way to remove it would be to switch to SDL audio (via the PDK) but there's several reasons why I'm not doing that. You can search this thread for "SDL audio" to find my previous discussions.

    BTW, I've created a separate thread for the app catalog version of the app which can be found here: http://forums.precentral.net/hedami/...mix-2-0-a.html

    This thread is dedicated to the homebrew version of the app which is being made available to webOS 1.4.5 users.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

    Twitter: @Hedami
  4. #1704  
    Thanks for the response.
  5.    #1705  
    I've submitted version 1.99.36 of the homebrew version of Music Player (Remix). It fixes an issue on the Discovery screen that was causing it to never load. If it's not available now, it should be available in Preware soon. Or you can pick it up directly on PreCentral.net.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

    Twitter: @Hedami
  6. #1706  
    Does MPR actually support iTunes m4b audiobooks with chapters? If not, is there any chance you might consider adding support for it?
  7.    #1707  
    Quote Originally Posted by hamandel View Post
    Does MPR actually support iTunes m4b audiobooks with chapters? If not, is there any chance you might consider adding support for it?
    Music Player (Remix) supports whatever audio files are natively supported in webOS. It doesn't look like M4B files are supported in webOS, so no it won't be supported in Music Player (Remix).

    And just to be clear, this thread is dedicated to the homebrew version of the app which will not receive any new features. As a rule of thumb, there will be no updates to this older, beta version of the app unless something becomes completely broken. That's why I updated it yesterday since the Discovery screen stopped updating.

    The app catalog version (compatible with webOS 2.0 and later) will be the one updated. You can discuss it here: http://forums.precentral.net/hedami/...mix-2-0-a.html
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

    Twitter: @Hedami
  8.    #1708  
    Another quick update (1.99.37) has been submitted. It fixes an issue that some people have when posting songs to Twitter. Sometimes people would get a 401 "Incorrect Signature" error.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

    Twitter: @Hedami
  9. sck18's Avatar
    Posts
    191 Posts
    Global Posts
    210 Global Posts
    #1709  
    Dan,

    I apologize if this has already been answered - I've scanned a number of forum pages, but there are 4 different threads, each with many pages :-)

    I just metadoctored my AT&T Pre+, which now shows 2.1.0 in device info, but 1.4.5 in my palm profile (as expected under the current metadoctor script for AT&T).

    This means t I can't purchase your app through the official App Catalog, nor through the Web Feed. The error in the web feed is "This application cannot run on your current operating system. Use the updates app to install the system update and try again". (There is no update in the updates app).

    Unfortunately, when I try using the homebrew version (1.99.37), it reports "Error! This beta version will not work on your version of WebOS." and doesn't find any of my media (which works normally under the stock music app). I installed Jason's IPK, but it doesn't seem to help.

    Is there any way for me to use your app, free or paid?

    Thanks,
    --Steve
  10. #1710  
    Dan, i'm still running 1.4.5 on my pre plus, am running the homebrew version of your app (1.99.35) having a problem deleting the ringtones that have shown up in my music. do you know why the ringtones are mixed in with my music and how do i delete them.
  11.    #1711  
    Quote Originally Posted by sck18 View Post
    Dan,

    I apologize if this has already been answered - I've scanned a number of forum pages, but there are 4 different threads, each with many pages :-)

    I just metadoctored my AT&T Pre+, which now shows 2.1.0 in device info, but 1.4.5 in my palm profile (as expected under the current metadoctor script for AT&T).

    This means t I can't purchase your app through the official App Catalog, nor through the Web Feed. The error in the web feed is "This application cannot run on your current operating system. Use the updates app to install the system update and try again". (There is no update in the updates app).

    Unfortunately, when I try using the homebrew version (1.99.37), it reports "Error! This beta version will not work on your version of WebOS." and doesn't find any of my media (which works normally under the stock music app). I installed Jason's IPK, but it doesn't seem to help.

    Is there any way for me to use your app, free or paid?

    Thanks,
    --Steve
    I've been told the latest meta-doctor scripts make it so your device shows up as "2.1" to the app catalog. You'll need to ask the frankenpre meta-doctor folks how to update to the latest meta-doctor scripts. Once you do, you'll be able to access the app in the official catalog. The homebrew version will not work on webOS 2.0 or later.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

    Twitter: @Hedami
  12.    #1712  
    Quote Originally Posted by abnimmers View Post
    Dan, i'm still running 1.4.5 on my pre plus, am running the homebrew version of your app (1.99.35) having a problem deleting the ringtones that have shown up in my music. do you know why the ringtones are mixed in with my music and how do i delete them.
    Any audio files not stored in a hidden folder (one starting with a period) will show up in the music apps. So make sure the files are stored in hidden folders to hide them from Music Player (Remix) or any other music app.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

    Twitter: @Hedami
  13. sck18's Avatar
    Posts
    191 Posts
    Global Posts
    210 Global Posts
    #1713  
    Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    I've been told the latest meta-doctor scripts make it so your device shows up as "2.1" to the app catalog. You'll need to ask the frankenpre meta-doctor folks how to update to the latest meta-doctor scripts. Once you do, you'll be able to access the app in the official catalog. The homebrew version will not work on webOS 2.0 or later.
    Dan - Thanks for the quick response, but I believe Frankenpre is Sprint only.

    Also, the WebOS Internals Wiki clearly lists the *AT&T* script as bringing the palm profile to 1.40.50, so I cannot purchase App Catalog entries with a minimum version of 2.x.

    I'm surprised there aren't more AT&T users having this issue - I guess it's a Sprint-heavy site :-)

    WebOS 2 Upgrade - WebOS Internals
  14.    #1714  
    Quote Originally Posted by sck18 View Post
    Dan - Thanks for the quick response, but I believe Frankenpre is Sprint only.

    Also, the WebOS Internals Wiki clearly lists the *AT&T* script as bringing the palm profile to 1.40.50, so I cannot purchase App Catalog entries with a minimum version of 2.x.

    I'm surprised there aren't more AT&T users having this issue - I guess it's a Sprint-heavy site :-)

    WebOS 2 Upgrade - WebOS Internals
    Based upon the info in that wiki, it doesn't look like you'll be able to access 2.0 apps (like Remix).
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

    Twitter: @Hedami
  15. #1715  
    I'm one of the people that's been left out in the cold after updating my at&t Pre+ to webOS 2.1.0. How hard would it be to add an option to donate to unlock the homebrew version of Remix? I'm dreading having to rely on the stock music player.
  16. #1716  
    Quote Originally Posted by rtrombone View Post
    I'm one of the people that's been left out in the cold after updating my at&t Pre+ to webOS 2.1.0. How hard would it be to add an option to donate to unlock the homebrew version of Remix? I'm dreading having to rely on the stock music player.
    If have already bought Music Player Remix, you would need to use Impostah to download it. Impostah --> App Catalog. Type in: "com.hedami.musicplayerremix". I think that's right.

    If you have NOT purchased it, then I haven't a single clue how to go about that with a broken App Catalog that HP doesn't care about.


    M.
  17. #1717  
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanadu73 View Post
    If have already bought Music Player Remix, you would need to use Impostah to download it. Impostah --> App Catalog. Type in: "com.hedami.musicplayerremix". I think that's right.

    If you have NOT purchased it, then I haven't a single clue how to go about that with a broken App Catalog that HP doesn't care about.


    M.
    I have no idea why I typed this in reply to the question. Not enough coffee, I guess...


    M.
  18.    #1718  
    Quote Originally Posted by rtrombone View Post
    I'm one of the people that's been left out in the cold after updating my at&t Pre+ to webOS 2.1.0. How hard would it be to add an option to donate to unlock the homebrew version of Remix? I'm dreading having to rely on the stock music player.
    The homebrew version is designed to work on webOS 1.4.5. It will not work on webOS 2.x since the webOS media indexer was completely redesigned in webOS 2.x.

    HP is supposedly working on fixing the bug that prevents meta-doctored devices from accessing the app catalog version. I suggest following me on Twitter (@Hedami) to keep up with the latest news on this bug. Also I'll probably post about any news related to this issue in the thread dedicated to the app catalog version of the app: http://forums.precentral.net/hedami/...mix-2-0-a.html
    Last edited by DanPLC; 06/18/2011 at 10:57 PM. Reason: fixed typo
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

    Twitter: @Hedami
  19. #1719  
    I see. Thanks for replying. Not being able to use Remix is by far the worst part about updating to 2.1.0.
  20.    #1720  
    Quote Originally Posted by rtrombone View Post
    I see. Thanks for replying. Not being able to use Remix is by far the worst part about updating to 2.1.0.
    It looks like people on 2.1 meta-doctored devices can see Remix in the catalog again.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

    Twitter: @Hedami

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions