Page 85 of 88 FirstFirst ... 3575808182838485868788 LastLast
Results 1,681 to 1,700 of 1753
Like Tree3Likes
  1.    #1681  
    Quote Originally Posted by echan228 View Post
    Great player!
    Thanks so much!
    Glad you're liking it.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Twitter: @Hedami
    I have deleted songs from my phone in USB mode, but they keep showing up in Music Player Remix. I'm on a release-day Pre- running 1.4.5. When the app tries to play one of these songs it locks up until I force it to move to the next available song. Is there a way to force the app to re-index my music?
  3.    #1683  
    Quote Originally Posted by funkimunk View Post
    I have deleted songs from my phone in USB mode, but they keep showing up in Music Player Remix. I'm on a release-day Pre- running 1.4.5. When the app tries to play one of these songs it locks up until I force it to move to the next available song. Is there a way to force the app to re-index my music?
    The app gets its song list from the webOS media indexer. So for some reason it thinks the song is still there. Are you positive the songs are not located anywhere on the device? If so, the only way I have succeeded in forcing a re-index is to copy new music to the device. As a last resort, you can also try to deleting all music from the device and re-copying everything.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Quote Originally Posted by funkimunk View Post

You can install the patch named "Advanced Options In Launcher".

Then pop up your launcher --> Top Left Corner --> Advanced Options --> Rescan File Indexer.

It'll re-index all the files it worries about. This *should* fix your issue.

M.
  5.    #1685  
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanadu73 View Post
    You can install the patch named "Advanced Options In Launcher".

Then pop up your launcher --> Top Left Corner --> Advanced Options --> Rescan File Indexer.

It'll re-index all the files it worries about. This *should* fix your issue.

M.
    I may be wrong, but I thought the file indexer was different than the media indexer. Perhaps the author of the patch can shed light on this.

Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    I may be wrong, but I thought the file indexer was different than the media indexer. Perhaps the author of the patch can shed light on this.
    (AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK...)

It stops the fileindexer service, deletes media.db3, and restarts the service. If this isn't where that info is stored then I agree with you, I'm wrong.

This is for the webOS 1.4.5 version. That option's not even there in the webOS 2.*, so I'm kinda going by memory as well.

M.
  7.    #1687  
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanadu73 View Post
    (AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK...)

It stops the fileindexer service, deletes media.db3, and restarts the service. If this isn't where that info is stored then I agree with you, I'm wrong.

This is for the webOS 1.4.5 version. That option's not even there in the webOS 2.*, so I'm kinda going by memory as well.

M.
    That sounds like it would probably work. It's worth a shot.

That sounds like it would probably work. It's worth a shot.

Honestly, that's the way I looked at it and decided to chime in. It's not going to *hurt* anything!

M.
    Hey Dan, I purchased Music Player (Remix) for 2.0 after meta doctoring my phone to 2.1. All went well but my phone crashed the other day forcing me to re-Doctor. After Doctoring again, Music Player (Remix) didnt reinstall. I went to the app catalog and it asks me to pay again. Apparently it didnt backup to my Palm Profile. This is actually the only app I have bought since being on 2.1 and Im not even sure if Palm will backup my 2.1 apps. But anyway, How can I get this app on my phone again? I have the palm receipt. Do I work it out with you or Palm? Thank You in advance.
  10.    #1690  
    Quote Originally Posted by jsgraphicart View Post
    Hey Dan, I purchased Music Player (Remix) for 2.0 after meta doctoring my phone to 2.1. All went well but my phone crashed the other day forcing me to re-Doctor. After Doctoring again, Music Player (Remix) didnt reinstall. I went to the app catalog and it asks me to pay again. Apparently it didnt backup to my Palm Profile. This is actually the only app I have bought since being on 2.1 and Im not even sure if Palm will backup my 2.1 apps. But anyway, How can I get this app on my phone again? I have the palm receipt. Do I work it out with you or Palm? Thank You in advance.
    Palm handles all app catalog purchase transactions. If you're having an issue with re-downloading a purchased app, you'll need to contact Palm.

EDIT: I just realized you may have purchased the "web feed" edition which would explain why it's asking you to purchase the app catalog version (which is under a separate app id). Go to this link: https://developer.palm.com/appredire....hedami.mprweb and see if it will let you download this version.

Palm handles all app catalog purchase transactions. If you're having an issue with re-downloading a purchased app, you'll need to contact Palm.
    Ok, thanks. One more quick question. Would you know if they will even help me if I am using a Pre Plus with the Meta Doctor update?
  12.    #1692  
    Ok, thanks. One more quick question. Would you know if they will even help me if I am using a Pre Plus with the Meta Doctor update?
    Look at the edit I just made to my post. Before contacting them, try out the web feed edition. If that's the one you purchased, you should be able to download it. If that doesn't work, then you'll need to contact Palm.

When calling them I wouldn't mention it unless they specifically ask. The app should be associated with your Palm Profile, so if you're using the same one, you should able to re-download all your purchased apps.

Look at the edit I just made to my post. Before contacting them, try out the web feed edition. If that's the one you purchased, you should be able to download it. If that doesn't work, then you'll need to contact Palm.

When calling them I wouldn't mention it unless they specifically ask. The app should be associated with your Palm Profile, so if you're using the same one, you should able to re-download all your purchased apps.
    You were right. I had the web feed edition. Downloading now. Thanks again.
  14.    #1694  
    You were right. I had the web feed edition. Downloading now. Thanks again.
    Very good!

upgraded my pre for a short time there to 2.1(sprint pre-), but has since downgraded for other reasons, but i did purchase the app while on 2.1, one thing though, probably just my miss understanding of how i felt the random button for the in app wallpaper was suppose to perform, was under the impression it would randomize each time the app load, but i guess its doing what it suppose to and just pulling one random image and keeping that as the wallpaper.

with that said, would it be possible to have a random image load for the wallpaper, and you could include similiar settings as in preware, for each load, daily, or manual.

oh and loving the app still, didnt get a chance to write a review yet though, ...will do if i get 2.1 running as comfortably as i had 1.4.5
  16.    #1696  
    Quote Originally Posted by retroblu View Post
    upgraded my pre for a short time there to 2.1(sprint pre-), but has since downgraded for other reasons, but i did purchase the app while on 2.1, one thing though, probably just my miss understanding of how i felt the random button for the in app wallpaper was suppose to perform, was under the impression it would randomize each time the app load, but i guess its doing what it suppose to and just pulling one random image and keeping that as the wallpaper.

with that said, would it be possible to have a random image load for the wallpaper, and you could include similiar settings as in preware, for each load, daily, or manual.

oh and loving the app still, didnt get a chance to write a review yet though, ...will do if i get 2.1 running as comfortably as i had 1.4.5
    That's a really good idea. I'll add that to the list. However as you probably know, this will only be added in the app catalog version. The homebrew version (which this thread discusses) will no longer be actively developed.

That's a really good idea. I'll add that to the list. However as you probably know, this will only be added in the app catalog version. The homebrew version (which this thread discusses) will no longer be actively developed.
    yea i know, didnt realize i was in the Homebrew thread
  18.    #1698  
    Quote Originally Posted by retroblu View Post
    yea i know, didnt realize i was in the Homebrew thread
    No problem. The app catalog thread can be found in the Hedami developer forum (linked in my signature). I've kept this thread open since the homebrew version is still being offered, so if anyone has any questions about it, they can ask them here.

hey Dan,
    is there anyway for those not able to purchase from the catalog to buy this app? I'm using 2.1.0 and thus cannot use the 1.4.5 release, but would like to purchase it. please advice
    Quote Originally Posted by daexpression View Post
    hey Dan,
    is there anyway for those not able to purchase from the catalog to buy this app? I'm using 2.1.0 and thus cannot use the 1.4.5 release, but would like to purchase it. please advice
    I think Webos Internals has been working on something that would allow anyone (regardless of country), to purchase apps. I'm not sure how far along they are on this, though.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    PSN: StuntmanMark
    Twitter: @StuntmanMark

The Name: http://is.gd/nxnbhK