Page 84 of 88 FirstFirst ... 347479808182838485868788 LastLast
Results 1,661 to 1,680 of 1753
Like Tree3Likes
    I thought that Internalz is not (yet) working on 2.1. Is this not true?
  2.    #1662  
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamcatcher View Post
    I thought that Internalz is not (yet) working on 2.1. Is this not true?
    You're correct. I thought you were running 1.4.5 since you were posting in the homebrew thread. I created a separate thread for the app catalog version. It's located in the Hedami developer forum (as a sticky thread).
    Global Posts
    866 Global Posts
    Hey Dan, this question is for the 1.4.5 beta app, but I assume it's the same for the 2.0 app as well. So, Up until now I've only had one playlist. I use it to filter which podcasts I want to listen to and order them in the way I want. I have this in iTunes and sync it via Salling Media Sync. It's worked great so far.

Today I finally reached a point where it's going to be more useful to have multiple playlists, one per show. So I set it to sync 4 different playlists. They sync fine. The problem comes when I fave the different playlists so that I can access them quickly.

It seems that when you fave something, it essentially becomes part of a master playlists of sorts. This makes sense for songs perhaps, but not for podcasts, at least not for me. For example, I have several different podcasts that I've made into playlists, and I might want to only listen to a bunch of one specific podcast one after the other. However, when I add the podcast in question as a fave, it simply adds it to all the other playlists there. IE I can't drill down to ONLY the tracks in that playlist so that I'm just seeing those and just playing through those tracks. Seems if I want to do it that way I need to go into the playlists section and THEN pick the one I want, so it adds an additional step. Am I missing something or is this just the functionality that only a very small percentage of people like myself would want?

Secondly, I can't figure out how to remove items from my faves, watched a few videos to see if it was shown but didn't see it.

Thanks!
    Twitter: @dvdmon

4.    #1664  
    Quote Originally Posted by dvdmon View Post
    It seems that when you fave something, it essentially becomes part of a master playlists of sorts.
    In the app catalog version, there's an option on the Preferences screen to treat each item in the Faves list as individual entities. If you set this option, tapping on an entry (like a playlist) will only load that entry.

Secondly, I can't figure out how to remove items from my faves, watched a few videos to see if it was shown but didn't see it.
    Just like in the Email app, you swipe the row from left to right to remove it. Also you can remove all entries in the Fave list by selecting the "Clear Faves List" option in the app menu. I don't remember if that option is available in the homebrew version, but it's definitely in the app catalog version.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Twitter: @Hedami
    Global Posts
    866 Global Posts
    Ah, ok, thanks, that makes a lot of sense, now just to wait for 2.1 to come to my Pre 2! (don't have the time right now to fuss with putting 2.1 on my Sprint Pre - let alone doing the Frankenpre thing!)

Too everyone who is running a Sprint Pre; the newest 2.1.0 Sprint meta-doctor script by Webos-Internals works flawlessly. (Currently it's still listed as a test script, but I'm sure that will change soon.) I've done it twice with 2 different profiles and it worked perfectly both times. The device reports that it's running 2.1.0 in the device info and on the Palm profile. This also gives you access to 2.0 specific apps, like Music Player Remix (in both the official feed and the web feed). The one small problem is that there is no support for the Amazon Mp3 App or the Sprint Nav app.
  7.    #1667  
    Quote Originally Posted by StuntmanMark View Post
    Too everyone who is running a Sprint Pre; the newest 2.1.0 Sprint meta-doctor script by Webos-Internals works flawlessly. (Currently it's still listed as a test script, but I'm sure that will change soon.) I've done it twice with 2 different profiles and it worked perfectly both times. The device reports that it's running 2.1.0 in the device info and on the Palm profile. This also gives you access to 2.0 specific apps, like Music Player Remix (in both the official feed and the web feed). The one small problem is that there is no support for the Amazon Mp3 App or the Sprint Nav app.
    Thanks for passing this info on. For those of you who use the new script and will be purchasing Music Player (Remix), I'd recommend doing it in the main app catalog (vs. the web feed). That way if you replace your phone or doctor, the app will automatically re-download when you restore your profile. With the web feed version, I'm pretty sure you'll have to manually download it again (although you wouldn't have to pay again).

But if you don't care about that, either version will function in the same way. Other than their app ids, they're 100% identical.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Is there anyway to just play music from a directory like /media/internals/music/jazz?

if not, is there anyway to create a playlist file with a text editor?
    Quote Originally Posted by stan.forums View Post
    Is there anyway to just play music from a directory like /media/internals/music/jazz?

If the file(s) have properly written Genre Tag, then you can just select and play (however you want) that said genre. *This* is exactly what I use these music players for: repeating all tracks in a genre.

M.
    That sounds like a good solution. How do i tag a directory full of songs like /media/internal/music/jazz and say give every file in that directory a "jazz" genre tag?
    That sounds like a good solution. How do i tag a directory full of songs like /media/internal/music/jazz and say give every file in that directory a "jazz" genre tag?

I'll have to assume that you're using Windows, so, I don't really know. In Linux, it's a snap:

Quote Originally Posted by bash
    for FILE in *.mp3 ; do id3tag -g8 "$FILE" ; done
    (genre "8" is "Jazz").

A command line version can be easily done in Windows as well, but being that I don't *use* Windows (I only support it for money), I don't know any command line mp3 tagging apps. I'm sure stuff exists, and graphical ones too. This isn't exactly re-inventing the wheel.

M.
  12.    #1672  

You can use an application like Media Monkey or MP3Tag to tag all the files in a particular folder.

If you want to go down the playlist route, you can create M3U files in Windows Media Player, but you'll need to edit them in a text editor so the audio files are referenced by relative path instead of absolute path. So for instance, if you have an audio file called "song.mp3" in "/media/internals/music/jazz" and your M3U file resides in "/media/internal/music", it would be referenced in the M3U file as "./jazz/song.mp3".

Personally though I'd use an application like Media Monkey or MP3Tag to properly tag all of your music (song, artist, album, genre, etc.) since most music apps rely on tag information to browse the music library.

very good transition from 1.45 to 2.1, though I have a few questions. First is when the screen is locked, with the 3 bar play notifications it dosent seem to respond to taps while locked like it did on the 1.4.5 version? Also when I make a flylist some music files are doubled so when playing I sometimes have the same song playing twice, and I look in the flylist I made and it shows a few tracks I added on there twice back to back?
    Thanks,
    I think that i will go with the tagging route. I have all of my media on a linux (RHEL) box and would like to manage with a linux tool. any suggestions?
    Global Posts
    866 Global Posts
    So here's a dumb question. I'm looking for a way to access some of the mp3 tags/fields from within remix. Specifically I'd love to see the release date flag, since this is something that's sometimes relevant for me when listening to podcasts so I know if the one I'm listening to is "old news" or new enough to be of value. Any way I can do this?

Thanks,
    I think that i will go with the tagging route. I have all of my media on a linux (RHEL) box and would like to manage with a linux tool. any suggestions?
    On Linux, I use kid3 (not "kid-3", "k-id3" ya know a KDE app), if I go a graphical route. (Does RH even have KDE available?) Most of my "work" in this area is scripted, so I don't use the GUI stuff too often, but, kid3 is a good one. You can do look ups with Amazon, Musicbrains, etc., as well.

M.
  17.    #1677  
    Quote Originally Posted by wellwellwell11 View Post
    very good transition from 1.45 to 2.1, though I have a few questions. First is when the screen is locked, with the 3 bar play notifications it dosent seem to respond to taps while locked like it did on the 1.4.5 version?
    Please try again, because I just tried this and it works. This is using the app catalog version of the app which I assume you're using since you're on webOS 2.1.

Quote Originally Posted by wellwellwell11 View Post
    Also when I make a flylist some music files are doubled so when playing I sometimes have the same song playing twice, and I look in the flylist I made and it shows a few tracks I added on there twice back to back?
    Do you have duplicate versions of the same song on your device? Because if you do, it will load all those songs when you start playing the flylist. This is due to the dynamic nature of flylists. Anything within a flylist is dynamic. So for instance, if you added an artist to the flylist with 10 songs on your device and later add 5 more songs from this artist, the flylist will automatically update. The same goes for duplicate songs.

18.    #1678  
    So here's a dumb question. I'm looking for a way to access some of the mp3 tags/fields from within remix. Specifically I'd love to see the release date flag, since this is something that's sometimes relevant for me when listening to podcasts so I know if the one I'm listening to is "old news" or new enough to be of value. Any way I can do this?
    Technically I can't give details as to what's available via the media indexer since the 2.0 SDK is still under NDA. But I will say in a vague way that I would take advantage of as many tag attributes as was available.

Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    Please try again, because I just tried this and it works. This is using the app catalog version of the app which I assume you're using since you're on webOS 2.1.

Do you have duplicate versions of the same song on your device? Because if you do, it will load all those songs when you start playing the flylist. This is due to the dynamic nature of flylists. Anything within a flylist is dynamic. So for instance, if you added an artist to the flylist with 10 songs on your device and later add 5 more songs from this artist, the flylist will automatically update. The same goes for duplicate songs.
    oh ok thanks I will check to see about the duplicates..and your right it does work thanks again.
    Great player!
    Thanks so much!