Page 83 of 88 FirstFirst ... 33737879808182838485868788 LastLast
Results 1,641 to 1,660 of 1753
Like Tree3Likes
  1.    #1641  
    Quote Originally Posted by mandaman2k View Post
    Hi,

one quick question, I'm on a country which I can't buy throug the App Catalog and I have webos 2.1 installed on my pre-, I do really want to ger this app I've been using it since it came out I love it.

For the mean time can I still use this version, even do it doesn't have all the new features , on my pre with 2.1?
    The homebrew version won't work on webOS 2.0 or later. The webOS media indexer (used to access the music library) is very different in webOS 2.x vs. webOS 1.x.

Do you mean you can't buy any paid apps?
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Twitter: @Hedami
    Can someone provide this app's "App ID" for me?

I can't find it in Internalz, after looking through the list a few times, I'm starting to get a headache.
  3.    #1643  
    Quote Originally Posted by UnExplanatory View Post
    Can someone provide this app's "App ID" for me?

I can't find it in Internalz, after looking through the list a few times, I'm starting to get a headache.
    What are you trying to do exactly?
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    What are you trying to do exactly?
    I was going to delete the startup splash screen and possibly do more stuff.
  5.    #1645  
    I was going to delete the startup splash screen and possibly do more stuff.
    The app id of the homebrew version is com.palm.app.mprbeta. You can make any changes you want on your device, but please don't distribute those changes publicly.

The app id of the homebrew version is com.palm.app.mprbeta. You can make any changes you want on your device, but please don't distribute those changes publicly.
    Thank you. Great work btw. The reason I am removing the splash screen is because I like my device to be as generic as possible.
  7.    #1647  
    Thank you. Great work btw. The reason I am removing the splash screen is because I like my device to be as generic as possible.
    That's fine. I actually intended to dynamically change the splash background based upon the app's wallpaper, but there's a bug in webOS 2.0 that prevents me from doing it. Once webOS 2.1 is propogated to all existing 2.0 devices, I'll see if the bug is fixed and try to implement that feature (in the app catalog version of course).
    The homebrew version won't work on webOS 2.0 or later. The webOS media indexer (used to access the music library) is very different in webOS 2.x vs. webOS 1.x.

Do you mean you can't buy any paid apps?
    Thats right, I can only download free apps from the app catalog which I hate because there are so many apps I want and can't get.

Or my only route is to wait for paypal support.
    I have the samle problem here in Switzerland and it drives me nuts, since I really would like to buy Remix...:-(

On another note: I really like the new Auto-Playlists, but one thing that bugs me is, that a lot of sounds from my installed games get also included in those playlists. Is there any way to exclude those sounds and only have the songs?
  10.    #1650  
    Quote Originally Posted by mandaman2k View Post
    Thats right, I can only download free apps from the app catalog which I hate because there are so many apps I want and can't get.

Or my only route is to wait for paypal support.
    Hopefully HP starts offering paid apps to more countries/regions in the world.

11.    #1651  
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamcatcher View Post
    I have the samle problem here in Switzerland and it drives me nuts, since I really would like to buy Remix...:-(

On another note: I really like the new Auto-Playlists, but one thing that bugs me is, that a lot of sounds from my installed games get also included in those playlists. Is there any way to exclude those sounds and only have the songs?
    I haven't come across any games that have sounds visible to the webOS media library. It's up to the game developers to make sure they don't store their sounds on the /media/internal partition in a visible folder. I'm not sure why they would ever do that. Which game is doing this?

No, there's not going to be a way for me exclude these types of sounds if certain game developers are doing this. My app gets a list of all audio found by the webOS media indexer. It doesn't know the difference between a song and a game sound. The only audio files on /media/internal that are ignored are ones marked as ringtones and ones stored in hidden folders (beginning with a period).

Global Posts
    117 Global Posts
    I haven't come across any games that have sounds visible to the webOS media library ... I'm not sure why they would ever do that.
    It's possible they want to make it easy for users to change the sounds used in the game, or to theme them somehow.

No, there's not going to be a way for me exclude these types of sounds if certain game developers are doing this. My app gets a list of all audio found by the webOS media indexer. It doesn't know the difference between a song and a game sound. The only audio files on /media/internal that are ignored are ones marked as ringtones and ones stored in hidden folders (beginning with a period).
    Maybe you could have an option to have the auto-playlist and shuffle features ignore files with a duration of less than 10 seconds or 30 seconds or something? I've seen that option in PC-based media players.
  13.    #1653  
    Quote Originally Posted by Zahid View Post
    It's possible they want to make it easy for users to change the sounds used in the game, or to theme them somehow.

Maybe you could have an option to have the auto-playlist and shuffle features ignore files with a duration of less than 10 seconds or 30 seconds or something? I've seen that option in PC-based media players.
    If a game developer wants to store audio files on /media/internal for whatever reason, they should be storing them in a hidden folder (starting with a period). That way all music apps (not just mine) will ignore those files. Not doing that is irresponsible. I'd love to see an example of one of these games so I can ask the developer what they were thinking!

Even if I took the time to implement some type of duration filtering like you're suggesting, that doesn't help other webOS users who don't use my app. The fact is most webOS users probably use the built-in music app and thus would still have this issue.

Therefore it's not my app that should be "fixed", it's the games/apps storing audio files on /media/internal in visible folders that need to be fixed. I also store audio files on /media/internal for my karaoke feature but I do so in a hidden folder so the karaoke sessions do not show up in the music library.

I haven't come across any games that have sounds visible to the webOS media library. It's up to the game developers to make sure they don't store their sounds on the /media/internal partition in a visible folder. I'm not sure why they would ever do that. Which game is doing this?

Judged by the filenames (which also show in the song listing) it must be a car racing game. Since I had several installed, I'm not really sure if which one, but my guess is Need for Speed Undercover. Most of the filenames start with something like "sfx_game_collision_front...". Guess I'll have to hunt those files down and delete them one by one...:-(
  15.    #1655  
    Judged by the filenames (which also show in the song listing) it must be a car racing game. Since I had several installed, I'm not really sure if which one, but my guess is Need for Speed Undercover. Most of the filenames start with something like "sfx_game_collision_front...". Guess I'll have to hunt those files down and delete them one by one...:-(
    They're probably all stored within the same folder. I'd browse the folders found on /media/internal and find the one storing the files and delete the whole thing (assuming you don't use the game anymore of course).

I doubt it's Need for Speed Undercover because I used to have that game and I don't remember ever having this issue. Unless they started storing the audio files on /media/internal in a later update (after I deleted the app).

Forgive me if this has already been asked... For those of us with a hacked 2.1.0 on a Pre (masked as 1.4.5) can you create a 2.x lite version that claims to be for 1.4.5? Otherwise, we don't see it in the store. Thanks in advance.

EDIT: Ah! Looking forward to it!
    Last edited by emair; 03/01/2011 at 12:42 PM.
    --
    Palm Pilot - Palm III - Palm V - Sprint Treo 600 - Treo 650 - Treo 755p - Pre - 2.1.0 Pre w/ Uberkernel
    Sinclair 1000 - Apple ][+ - C64 - Apple //e - PowerBook 100 - Mac SE - Dell PC - Acer AspireOne - 11" MacBook Air
  17.    #1657  
    Quote Originally Posted by emair View Post
    Forgive me if this has already been asked... For those of us with a hacked 2.1.0 on a Pre (masked as 1.4.5) can you create a 2.x lite version that claims to be for 1.4.5? Otherwise, we don't see it in the store. Thanks in advance.

EDIT: Ah! Looking forward to it!
    Yes, I'm trying to get the "FrankenPre" edition published to the web feed. I'll post on PreCentral and on Twitter (@Hedami) when it's available.

18.    #1658  
    It's finally here!!! The "FrankenPre" edition of Music Player (Remix) has been published to the web feed. So anyone who installed webOS 2.1 on their Pre- or Pre+, you can pick up the app here: Music Player (Remix) web feed edition

They're probably all stored within the same folder. I'd browse the folders found on /media/internal and find the one storing the files and delete the whole thing (assuming you don't use the game anymore of course).

I doubt it's Need for Speed Undercover because I used to have that game and I don't remember ever having this issue. Unless they started storing the audio files on /media/internal in a later update (after I deleted the app).
    Thanks for the tip. Is there an app that lets me do this directly from my phone (like internalz on 1.4.5) or do I have to connetct to the computer to delete the folder?
  20.    #1660  
    Thanks for the tip. Is there an app that lets me do this directly from my phone (like internalz on 1.4.5) or do I have to connetct to the computer to delete the folder?
    Internalz will allow you to delete files on your device; however previously there were reports that audio files deleted with Internalz would still show up in the music apps because the webOS media indexer never knew about the deletions. I'm not sure if that's still an issue, but if your goal is to remove the audio files from being listed in my app, it's probably safer to delete the files/folder on your computer.