Page 82 of 88 FirstFirst ... 32727778798081828384858687 ... LastLast
Results 1,621 to 1,640 of 1753
Like Tree3Likes
  1.    #1621  
    Quote Originally Posted by retroblu View Post
    damn too late...
    Yep, the app has been removed from the 1.4.x catalog. It's only present in the 2.x catalog now. I'm happy that it was only exposed to 1.4.5 users for a short amount of time. The only problem is that I can't view its app catalog page now!
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Twitter: @Hedami
    Global Posts
    775 Global Posts
    I am a 1.4.5 user, in support of MPR 2.0 I was able to purchase last night, and hope some day I will be able to use MPR 2.0.
    Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.

Palm III -> Palm V -> Viewsonic Pocket PC V36 -> Treo 650 -> Samsung i760 ->
    Palm Pre Plus -> Palm Pre 2 > Samsung Galaxy Nexus & HP TouchPad

Android 4.1 - Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    CM9 Alpha 2 Official Nightly w/WebCM9 0.4 - HP TouchPad

Twitter: @noseph47
  3.    #1623  
    Quote Originally Posted by noseph View Post
    I am a 1.4.5 user, in support of MPR 2.0 I was able to purchase last night, and hope some day I will be able to use MPR 2.0.
    Thanks a lot! I hope you will too. But until then you can keep using the homebrew (public beta) version. It's not the complete version, but it's still good.

And remember if you haven't already, drop a review in the app catalog. This is the biggest way people can help support the app.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Hey Dan, I noticed that if you delete the karaoke wav files from the folder on the USB drive rather than through the app, that they still show up in the App even though the files no longer exist.. Is this a bug? Or should we only delete through the app?
  5.    #1625  
    Quote Originally Posted by volcom45 View Post
    Hey Dan, I noticed that if you delete the karaoke wav files from the folder on the USB drive rather than through the app, that they still show up in the App even though the files no longer exist.. Is this a bug? Or should we only delete through the app?
    No I wouldn't consider it a bug. The app keeps track of the karaoke sessions through a database. It does this so it can keep track of information about the session (such as the length of the recording). Each database entry is associated with a WAV file stored in the /media/internal/.musicplayerremix/karaoke folder. So if you delete the WAV file on the USB drive, it'll still show up in the app since the database entry is still present. But if you do that, to remove it from the Karaoke screen, just swipe the row off the screen.

So yes, I would delete karaoke sessions from within the app since doing so will delete both the database entry and the actual WAV file.

two things I noticed that were not present in the 1.4.5 beta (waay back when I didnt have a pre 2

One is when changing songs with a headset the screen turns on and notifies the song change..this leads to A. Battery being wasted (screen constantly going on in my pocket) and B. songs accidentally changing due to movement in my pocket.

Also when on the lock screen and tapping next song the notification again comes up with the song playing and removes the notification bar with the song controls so you have to wait 5 or so seconds before you can change the song again.
  7.    #1627  
    Quote Originally Posted by kel101 View Post
    One is when changing songs with a headset the screen turns on and notifies the song change..this leads to A. Battery being wasted (screen constantly going on in my pocket) and B. songs accidentally changing due to movement in my pocket.
    Good catch! I'll fix this in the next release.

Quote Originally Posted by kel101 View Post
    Also when on the lock screen and tapping next song the notification again comes up with the song playing and removes the notification bar with the song controls so you have to wait 5 or so seconds before you can change the song again.
    It's probably related to the other issue you mentioned.

App confirmed to work just fine in webOS 2.1.
  9.    #1629  
    Quote Originally Posted by volcom45 View Post
    App confirmed to work just fine in webOS 2.1.
    But you still can't see the app in the catalog on your 2.1 frankenpre, correct?

Global Posts
    544 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    Nope. How do I install this? I can install Koto player fine.
  11.    #1631  
    Quote Originally Posted by wmurch3 View Post
    Nope. How do I install this? I can install Koto player fine.
    My app is listed with a minimum OS version of "2.0". I think the FrankenPres are displaying themselves as "1.4.5" to the app catalog. So that's why you can't find my app, or any other app listed as "2.0 only".

Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    Correct.
    I've bought Remix for my Pre 2 on VZW and love it, especially the features that weren't in the beta. I like the Just Type integration, except each time my phone resets, I have to re-add it to the launch & search list.
  14.    #1634  
    Quote Originally Posted by broncot View Post
    I've bought Remix for my Pre 2 on VZW and love it, especially the features that weren't in the beta. I like the Just Type integration, except each time my phone resets, I have to re-add it to the launch & search list.
    Unfortunately Just Type configuration issues are out of the control of developers. My biggest issue with Just Type & Quick Action configuration is that it's a manual process. It should be done automatically when the user installs the app. Most users may not even realize that apps have this type of functionality. As a result, I added a FAQ on the help screen talking about Just Type & Quick Actions and give instructions on how to configure it, but some people may not see it.

I'm hoping Palm has fixed the "phone reset" issue you mentioned in webOS 2.1. Maybe you can ask someone in the forum that has 2.1 installed.

But anyway, I'm glad you're enjoying the app. If you haven't done so already, please take a minute and leave a review in the catalog so you can share with other people your experiences with the app. And again, keep in mind the Just Type issue is out of my control when leaving the review, so please don't ding me on it!

15.    #1635  
    I've created a dual-purpose poll. The main reason for the poll is to determine how many webOS 2.1 frankenpre users may be interested in purchasing Music Player (Remix) if it was available to them. Right now frankenpre users cannot find the app in the catalog because it has its min OS version set to "2.0". So I'm contemplating creating a separate app package that would be submitted to the Palm web feed so that frankenpre users could purchase the app. It would have the min OS version set to 1.4.5.

The secondary reason for the poll is to ask people who have purchased the app whether they left an app review and if not whether they plan on doing so.

So please take the time to vote in the poll: http://forums.precentral.net/hedami/...bos-2-1-a.html

With WebOS 2.1 finally on my Pre Plus, I have just bought your player and wanted to say thanks for this great app. I have never bought an app, but this is really worth the money!

One quick note though: There seems to be a problem when trying to download album art for albums with a colon in the title. Not a big deal, but I thought you might want to know
  17.    #1637  
    Quote Originally Posted by mort View Post
    With WebOS 2.1 finally on my Pre Plus, I have just bought your player and wanted to say thanks for this great app. I have never bought an app, but this is really worth the money!
    Thanks for the purchase! So I assume you used the standard doctor image (i.e. without having to use meta-doctor) since you were able to purchase the app...is that correct?

Remember to take a minute and leave a review in the app catalog. You can jump right to the app's catalog page by going to the Help screen (tap on the "?" icon at the top-right corner of the screen) and select "Review Music Player (Remix)".

Quote Originally Posted by mort View Post
    One quick note though: There seems to be a problem when trying to download album art for albums with a colon in the title. Not a big deal, but I thought you might want to know
    Thanks for the bug report. I'll check this out and fix it if that's the case.

Yes, I upgraded yesterday with the normal doctor. And don't worry, I will write a review once I've had a closer look at all the features
  19.    #1639  
    I've created a new thread for the official app catalog version of Music Player (Remix): http://forums.precentral.net/hedami/...mix-2-0-a.html

Please direct any questions, feedback, bug reports, etc. for the official version of Music Player (Remix) in this new thread.

This homebrew thread will stay open and will be dedicated to the discussion of the homebrew edition (webOS 1.x compatible) version of the app. Keep in mind this version of the app will most likely no longer receive updates since I'm now supporting the app catalog version. However people stuck with webOS 1.4.x are free to continue to use the homebrew edition and can discuss it here.

Hi,

one quick question, I'm on a country which I can't buy throug the App Catalog and I have webos 2.1 installed on my pre-, I do really want to ger this app I've been using it since it came out I love it.

For the mean time can I still use this version, even do it doesn't have all the new features , on my pre with 2.1?