Page 80 of 88 FirstFirst ... 30707576777879808182838485 ... LastLast
Results 1,581 to 1,600 of 1753
Like Tree3Likes
    Global Posts
    866 Global Posts
    So, I'm having an issue that didn't happen with my Pre using the 1.4.5 beta, but it's happening with the new Pre 2 trial version. Basically, it's not seeming to translate the order of a playlist properly. I've looked at the playlist file and it's in the correct order, but in Remix it is putting it in alphabetical order whether I choose original order or alphabetic. Is this just a quirk on my system? Any suggestions on how to get it to recognize it properly? I've tried closing out of the app and restarting, removing the playlist and readding it, etc. Only thing I haven't tried is uninstalling the app and reinstalling, but I figured that's a long shot anway...
    Twitter: @dvdmon

2.    #1582  
    Quote Originally Posted by dvdmon View Post
    So, I'm having an issue that didn't happen with my Pre using the 1.4.5 beta, but it's happening with the new Pre 2 trial version. Basically, it's not seeming to translate the order of a playlist properly. I've looked at the playlist file and it's in the correct order, but in Remix it is putting it in alphabetical order whether I choose original order or alphabetic. Is this just a quirk on my system? Any suggestions on how to get it to recognize it properly? I've tried closing out of the app and restarting, removing the playlist and readding it, etc. Only thing I haven't tried is uninstalling the app and reinstalling, but I figured that's a long shot anway...
    Try loading up the same playlist in the built-in music app and I think you'll find it's displayed in the same incorrect order. This is a known issue with the version of webOS 2.0 on the Pre 2. Being under an NDA, I can't comment on whether it is fixed in a later version of webOS 2.x.

By the way, thanks a lot for the review in the catalog!
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Twitter: @Hedami
    Global Posts
    866 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    Try loading up the same playlist in the built-in music app and I think you'll find it's displayed in the same incorrect order. This is a known issue with the version of webOS 2.0 on the Pre 2. Being under an NDA, I can't comment on whether it is fixed in a later version of webOS 2.x.

By the way, thanks a lot for the review in the catalog!
    Sure, well deserved! And dang, that blows about the bug. Guess I'm back to my slow Pre until that gets resolved.

4.    #1584  
    Sure, well deserved! And dang, that blows about the bug. Guess I'm back to my slow Pre until that gets resolved.
    Because of the order of your playlists? What do you listen to where the order is that crucial?
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Global Posts
    866 Global Posts
    Because of the order of your playlists? What do you listen to where the order is that crucial?
    Podcasts. Odd, I know. Not that anyone cares, but basically I have 1600 archived podcasts from the last year I'm trying to get through. I thought it would be best to listen to them in order of length, but now that I'm up to the ones around 31 minutes long, I think I'm going to switch over to go through each podcast by how recent it is. In other words its my own way of imposing some supposed order on a ridiculous collection of varied material....

Podcasts. Odd, I know. Not that anyone cares, but basically I have 1600 archived podcasts from the last year I'm trying to get through. I thought it would be best to listen to them in order of length, but now that I'm up to the ones around 31 minutes long, I think I'm going to switch over to go through each podcast by how recent it is. In other words its my own way of imposing some supposed order on a ridiculous collection of varied material....
    well I am one of those , the playlist order is very importan to me!
  7.    #1587  
    So you have all 1600 in a single playlist? If the number was a lot smaller I'd say you could create a flylist and order them any way you'd like.

Well hopefully webOS 2.1 will be released soon and hopefully it'll fix the playlist order issue. Also there are other bugs on webOS 2.0 I've had to workaround, so I hope they're fixed as well.
    Global Posts
    866 Global Posts
    So you have all 1600 in a single playlist? If the number was a lot smaller I'd say you could create a flylist and order them any way you'd like.

Well hopefully webOS 2.1 will be released soon and hopefully it'll fix the playlist order issue. Also there are other bugs on webOS 2.0 I've had to workaround, so I hope they're fixed as well.
    hahah, no, the 1600 wouldn't even fit on my 16GB (or actually less) of space on the Pre 2, let alone my Pre. No, I keep a "Palm Pre" playlist which basically is a subset of that and ranges between 50 and 200 tracks. It has a 2GB upper limit and I've been continually upping the maximum time length until it is now 31 or so minutes. Up till this point, that has effectively meant just 2 different podcasts (these are daily npr shows) with occasionally a third coming in once or twice a week (new yorker podcasts). However, I seem to have gotten to some magic length now of 31 minutes and twenty seconds or so where I start getting a lot more different shows. I could continue my current playlist approach, but I figured I might change things up and now try doing full sweeps of each show for a while. I've been thinking of doing this for a while but put have kept putting it off, but I figure now is as good a time as any to make that change. And going through each show, it makes sense to me to do it in chronological order, at least for some of the podcasts, although now that I think of it, I'm not sure if it makes more sense to do it in chronological or reverse chronological, although skipping around randomly seems the worst option of the three. For some shows it won't matter, but for others it will be more jarring...

9.    #1589  
    Well as you may have noticed on the PreCentral home page, webOS 2.1 has landed on the O2 Pre Plus. I'm sure the 2.1 doctor (and OTA update) for Pre 2's are not too far behind. So hopefully your playlist issue will be fixed.

Also I hope more doctors are released including in the U.S. I hope the floodgates are now opening for 2.1. That would be amazing considering the previous "no 2.0 for legacy devices" news.

Global Posts
    866 Global Posts
    Well as you may have noticed on the PreCentral home page, webOS 2.1 has landed on the O2 Pre Plus. I'm sure the 2.1 doctor (and OTA update) for Pre 2's are not too far behind. So hopefully your playlist issue will be fixed.

Also I hope more doctors are released including in the U.S. I hope the floodgates are now opening for 2.1. That would be amazing considering the previous "no 2.0 for legacy devices" news.
    Yep. I didn't know it had been released on O2. I would have thought that if it was released on ANY carrier than it would also be released for the non-carrier unlocked dev Pre2's which Palm has been giving out, which is the kind I have. I could pay moe attention to the dev forums and download a doctor if one is available, but have been a bit busy lately.

Also, I'm considering seriously getting my Pre-2's comm board swapped out and replaced with my Sprint Pre's, since that process seems to be getting close to fully operational. My only question, which I forgot to ask Rod about last night, was what happens with future OTA (or otherwise) updates for such a phone. IE, if I get it done and it's set to 2.0.1 (mascarading as 1.4.5), will I later be able to get that pushed to 2.1 when it does come out in a Doctor. Hmmm, this stuff shouldn't be this hard, should it?? Perhaps this is just a small hint at what HP was facing having to deal with getting legacy devices (or at least the Pre Minus) up to 2.X...

11. SashoDikov
    Dan, much thanks for you app, it is awesome.

I am using it with conjunction with Ear Worm which extracts aac's from youtube and your app plays just fine and skips to next track, however if i set it to "repeat one" mode it plays once and renders the whole app frozen (as in not able to play anything, you can still move in and out of menus)

any ideas if this is fixed in the 2.X version ?
  12.    #1592  
    Quote Originally Posted by SashoDikov View Post
    Dan, much thanks for you app, it is awesome.

I am using it with conjunction with Ear Worm which extracts aac's from youtube and your app plays just fine and skips to next track, however if i set it to "repeat one" mode it plays once and renders the whole app frozen (as in not able to play anything, you can still move in and out of menus)

any ideas if this is fixed in the 2.X version ?
    Does the "repeat once" function result in the same issue on regular MP3 files? Or is it just the AAC files you extract from YouTube with Ear Worm?

Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    best app there is by far
  14.    #1594  
    Yep. I didn't know it had been released on O2. I would have thought that if it was released on ANY carrier than it would also be released for the non-carrier unlocked dev Pre2's which Palm has been giving out, which is the kind I have. I could pay moe attention to the dev forums and download a doctor if one is available, but have been a bit busy lately.

Also, I'm considering seriously getting my Pre-2's comm board swapped out and replaced with my Sprint Pre's, since that process seems to be getting close to fully operational. My only question, which I forgot to ask Rod about last night, was what happens with future OTA (or otherwise) updates for such a phone. IE, if I get it done and it's set to 2.0.1 (mascarading as 1.4.5), will I later be able to get that pushed to 2.1 when it does come out in a Doctor. Hmmm, this stuff shouldn't be this hard, should it?? Perhaps this is just a small hint at what HP was facing having to deal with getting legacy devices (or at least the Pre Minus) up to 2.X...
    Well if you do the Franken-Pre2 surgery and convert your Pre 2 to Sprint, you don't have to worry about OTA updates since Sprint won't send webOS 2.x updates OTA.

I imagine that once the Pre 2 webOS 2.1 doctor is released, there will be some way to get it onto a Franken-Pre2.

Have a try finally on my Pre 2, just terrific.
    Hope the final version coming soon.
  16.    #1596  
    Quote Originally Posted by KromaXamorK View Post
    Have a try finally on my Pre 2, just terrific.
    Hope the final version coming soon.
    I have a funny feeling I'll be making an announcement very soon.

Cool. ^^
    Global Posts
    566 Global Posts
    So I just purchased Remix 2.0.5 on my Sprint Pre (1.4.5). I left a five star review and then deleted it again as it sadly doesn't run this OS version. Still you really deserve this compensation for the support of the Homebrew version over such a long period.

Congratulations to the official release!
  19.    #1599  
    Quote Originally Posted by STBXXL View Post
    So I just purchased Remix 2.0.5 on my Sprint Pre (1.4.5). I left a five star review and then deleted it again as it sadly doesn't run this OS version. Still you really deserve this compensation for the support of the Homebrew version over such a long period.

Congratulations to the official release!
    Thanks a lot! So yes, today is the day!

On August 22, 2009, Music Player (Remix) was released to homebrew. Today exactly 1 yrs later it has hit the Palm app catalog:

And in other good news, devs can now specify 2.0 as the min OS version when submitting apps. So I've already submitted an app update. So the app will soon disappear from the 1.4.x catalog. So if you're running 1.4.x, go check it out before it disappears!
    Thanks a lot! So yes, today is the day!

On August 22, 2009, Music Player (Remix) was released to homebrew. Today exactly 1 yrs later it has hit the Palm app catalog:

And in other good news, devs can now specify 2.0 as the min OS version when submitting apps. So I've already submitted an app update. So the app will soon disappear from the 1.4.x catalog. So if you're running 1.4.x, go check it out before it disappears!
    Crap! I need to purchase it before it disappears from 1.4.5.. Sure hope they don't approve that update until after lunch when I get home.. Congrats on the release!