Page 77 of 88 FirstFirst ... 2767727374757677787980818287 ... LastLast
Results 1,521 to 1,540 of 1753
Like Tree3Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanadu73 View Post
    A lot of people are loosing their early upgrade come April. I know I am (9 years and get the shaft!). That means I would have to pay full price... and my GF... and my Son...

Fooie on them all.

M.
    You'd only lose it if it's the annual upgrade, not the 2 year, and you could keep it if you went to the $169.99 family plan.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    PSN: StuntmanMark
    Twitter: @StuntmanMark

The Name: http://is.gd/nxnbhK
    Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    I hope that's true. That would be great.
    I don't think he'd bs me. I've been bugging him for a while now about any webOS hardware and he hasn't said enything 'til now. He didn't give me any false hope on the Pre 2.

3.    #1523  
    Quote Originally Posted by StuntmanMark View Post
    I don't think he'd bs me. I've been bugging him for a while now about any webOS hardware and he hasn't said enything 'til now. He didn't give me any false hope on the Pre 2.
    Until an official announcement is made, I'd still take it with a grain of salt.
    Until an official announcement is made, I'd still take it with a grain of salt.
    I don't blame you. There is a while before it launches and a lot can happen, but I think they'll pull through for us.

5.    #1525  
    Here's a sneak preview of the intro video that will be attached to the app catalog entry of Music Player (Remix):
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Twitter: @Hedami
    The video is a nice idea and it really showcases the app very nicely. But while watching the video I noticed that you have chosen a 'left to right swipe' gesture for going back within the app. Any particular reason for having it the way you do, specially considering that a 'right to left swipe' is a more logical and natural backward gesture, not to mention that a 'right to left swipe' is the standard gesture for going back within an app on webOS.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
  7.    #1527  
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanjay View Post
    The video is a nice idea and it really showcases the app very nicely. But while watching the video I noticed that you have chosen a 'left to right swipe' gesture for going back within the app. Any particular reason for having it the way you do, specially considering that a 'right to left swipe' is a more logical and natural backward gesture, not to mention that a 'right to left swipe' is the standard gesture for going back within an app on webOS.
    No, a right to left (back) gesture is used to go back a screen. The left to right gesture (right) is used to jump to the Now Playing screen. The back gesture was already taken, so I decided to use the forward gesture as a shortcut. You can also tap the "Now Playing" button at the top of the screen.
    Last edited by DanPLC; 02/15/2011 at 06:01 AM.
    Just noticed kotoplayer got released into the app catalog, so I assume musicplayer remix can be put out for 2.0 when its ready..hoping soonish?
    Yes, please release it for those with 2.0, DanPLC! I'm tempted to purchase Koto player right now but would rather purchase Music Player Remix from you! :P
  10.    #1530  
    Here's the situation (which by the way is quite frustrating):

The app has been "catalog ready" for awhile now. I've held back on releasing it because the minimum OS version you can specify is "1.4.5". The app requires webOS 2.0 or later, so I didn't want to release it knowing that webOS 1.x users could potentially download it, even if I put a stern warning.

That said, I realized that Palm probably wouldn't add "2.0" as a selectable minimum OS version until it released webOS 2.1. So on 2/4, I emailed Palm and asked them to whitelist my app. My plan was to wait for 2/9 and see if webOS 2.1 would be released. If not, I would release it and add a warning to the app description asking people not to download the app if they are not using webOS 2.0 or later.

2/9 came and went and we all know what happened there. So on 2/11 (a week after sending the original email and never receiving a response), I emailed again. On 2/13 (Sunday), Chuq responded back saying he was sorry and my app would be whitelisted "by Monday at the latest".

Today is Tuesday and my app is still not whitelisted. I sent a 3rd email today. In the meantime, Koto Player has been whitelisted and is now available in the catalog. Palm took away most of my entire user base and now they don't even have the decency to whitelist my app so webOS 2.0 users can download it. This is why I'm frustrated.

So if they ever whitelist my app, I have it packaged up and ready to release immediately.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Here's the situation (which by the way is quite frustrating):

The app has been "catalog ready" for awhile now. I've held back on releasing it because the minimum OS version you can specify is "1.4.5". The app requires webOS 2.0 or later, so I didn't want to release it knowing that webOS 1.x users could potentially download it, even if I put a stern warning.

That said, I realized that Palm probably wouldn't add "2.0" as a selectable minimum OS version until it released webOS 2.1. So on 2/4, I emailed Palm and asked them to whitelist my app. My plan was to wait for 2/9 and see if webOS 2.1 would be released. If not, I would release it and add a warning to the app description asking people not to download the app if they are not using webOS 2.0 or later.

2/9 came and went and we all know what happened there. So on 2/11 (a week after sending the original email and never receiving a response), I emailed again. On 2/13 (Sunday), Chuq responded back saying he was sorry and my app would be whitelisted "by Monday at the latest".

Today is Tuesday and my app is still not whitelisted. I sent a 3rd email today. In the meantime, Koto Player has been whitelisted and is now available in the catalog. Palm took away most of my entire user base and now they don't even have the decency to whitelist my app so webOS 2.0 users can download it. This is why I'm frustrated.

So if they ever whitelist my app, I have it packaged up and ready to release immediately.
    :/ want me to email chuq too? or just wait patiently?
  12.    #1532  
    Quote Originally Posted by kel101 View Post
    :/ want me to email chuq too? or just wait patiently?
    If they don't whitelist my app today, I may take you up on that offer. I'll post the latest news here and on Twitter.

If they don't whitelist my app today, I may take you up on that offer. I'll post the latest news here and on Twitter.
    I'm happy to do the same, just let me know..
    I've followed this app since it was first put out, and will not abandon it now its so close to being released, I am sure koto player is a fine app, but this is where it all started with your app.
    The only app I will be getting is this one, it's the best!!
    Thanks a lot. I remember the old days when you used to visit the old homebrew thread regularly. If it wasn't for all the discussions back then with you and everyone else, the app wouldn't be where it is today.
    it's a top notch app really limited only by the hardware and still my default player. And probably the only app i've ever told someone they should get. **** if Palm had added features with half the skill and speed you did with this app they'd probably have a phone that could teleport people by now. They really should be catering to the needs of you and several of the other ground floor homebrew developers many of which carried the app load for months early on.
  17.    #1537  
    Well yesterday evening Chuq emailed me and told me the app was whitelisted. I was able to go through the submission process, but then afterwards the app was auto-rejected for using some webOS 2.0 APIs because they were "private". So apparently something went wrong with the whitelisting. I sent another email to Palm and hopefully I'll hear back from them soon.

So apparently something went wrong with the whitelisting.
    Unbelievable.

I have full confidence it'll get sorted out for you... in the coming months...

M.
  19.    #1539  
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanadu73 View Post
    Unbelievable.

I have full confidence it'll get sorted out for you... in the coming months...

M.
    Yeah........

Apologies if this has been asked, but a search within thread didn't turn anything up for me.

Is there (or will there be) a way for the player to "remember" the shuffle settings from its last usage? I frequently listen to my playlists on shuffle, but anytime I start the app and simply hit "Now Playing" to resume, the playlist is no longer shuffled; that is, the last shuffle setting doesn't persist across app sessions. Not a huge deal--I just go in and toggle shuffle on again--but since I have the app set to auto-resume on start, having to get my phone out to do that is a little self-defeating for the way that I use the program. Just curious if I'd missed something when I checked the settings.

Thanks for such a great app, by the way.