Page 76 of 88 FirstFirst ... 2666717273747576777879808186 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,520 of 1753
Like Tree3Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    Yes, I've been a member of the early access program since almost the beginning. That's how I've been able to work on a 2.0 app using the Beta SDK.

Well I assumed that! It's just talking about Enyo now, so I didn't know if it was something different or not. O-Well.

M.
  2.    #1502  
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanadu73 View Post
    Well I assumed that! It's just talking about Enyo now, so I didn't know if it was something different or not. O-Well.

M.
    Enyo's going to be released to the developers in the early access program. That post is to inform developers that they can join the EAP to get access to new development tools such as Enyo.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Twitter: @Hedami
    ...Yesterday I was confident in the future, but now I don't know what the future will hold for me as a webOS user or developer. The new devices look great and webOS is still the best mobile OS out there, but whether I stick it out with webOS as a developer (and subsequently as a user) will depend on the information HP/Palm gives us in the near future. But I hope that I'll be able to stick with webOS and release the app to everyone here who will hopefully own amazing new webOS devices.
    Dan, thank you for all that you did.

We stood by Palm as users. You and the other developers stood by Palm giving up opportunities to earn real money elsewhere.

We bet on Palm for fun. You bet your paycheck.

I am so sorry.

- Craig
  4.    #1504  
    Quote Originally Posted by milominderbinder View Post
    Dan, thank you for all that you did.

We stood by Palm as users. You and the other developers stood by Palm giving up opportunities to earn real money elsewhere.

We bet on Palm for fun. You bet your paycheck.

I am so sorry.

- Craig
    Thanks a lot. I didn't quite bet my paycheck. I still have a full-time job. But I did bet a lot of my spare time.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Stick with Palm & webOS please! I have a Pre 2 coming next week, yours will be my first app bought! (assuming Palm gives you the go ahead)
    My gadget list-TouchPad, Pre 3, Pre 2, Pre+, Pixi+, Treo 700p, Treo 650, Centro, Handspring, Kyocera 6035, 7135-all with Verizon.
  6.    #1506  
    Quote Originally Posted by broncot View Post
    Stick with Palm & webOS please! I have a Pre 2 coming next week, yours will be my first app bought! (assuming Palm gives you the go ahead)
    I'm definitely releasing the app on webOS 2.0 devices, which for now is the Pre 2's. I've been told it can happen "soon".
    Koto Player is out, I see it in Preware, marked as 2.0 only. Looks like it's not in the full App Catalog though.
    My gadget list-TouchPad, Pre 3, Pre 2, Pre+, Pixi+, Treo 700p, Treo 650, Centro, Handspring, Kyocera 6035, 7135-all with Verizon.
  8.    #1508  
    Quote Originally Posted by broncot View Post
    Koto Player is out, I see it in Preware, marked as 2.0 only. Looks like it's not in the full App Catalog though.
    That's always an option. I've been hesitant to do that because I'm afraid 1.4.x users will download it anyway, and obviously it won't work for them. The Palm folks told me that devs will be able to set "2.0" as the minimum version "soon". Of course "soon" in Palm time doesn't usually mean "soon" in normal time. We've been told "soon" for several things over the past few months and it took months for certain things to happen.

So I'll probably release it before then. Maybe I'll do it this weekend.

Can't you get a replacement phone? I couldn't imagine living without a working USB port.
    yea working on it...been scouring craiglist

-zeek
  10.    #1510  
    Quote Originally Posted by retroblu View Post
    yea working on it...been scouring craiglist

-zeek
    I guess you're not on Sprint because they always replace my defective ones (I'm on my 4th one now!).

11. Lkr
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    Dan, I don't follow this thread, but I use Music Player Remix 2.0 daily. I'd like to thank you for all of the work you put into this app, and if it is the end, you did a much better job with this program than Palm/HP did with their app, and the WebOS community is grateful for that. This is probably my most used app on my 1.4.5 Pixi, and it makes the Preware installation worth it alone.
    krazgjcc likes this.
  12.    #1512  
    Quote Originally Posted by Lkr View Post
    Dan, I don't follow this thread, but I use Music Player Remix 2.0 daily. I'd like to thank you for all of the work you put into this app, and if it is the end, you did a much better job with this program than Palm/HP did with their app, and the WebOS community is grateful for that. This is probably my most used app on my 1.4.5 Pixi, and it makes the Preware installation worth it alone.
    Well it's not the absolute end...but apparently it is the end for the app being made available in the catalog for older devices.

But thanks for the words of encouragement. It means a lot when I hear that people are using my app regularly. I'm just disappointed that most people who have used the app won't be able to use the app catalog version. The public beta is fine but it's not the way I wanted the app represented indefinitely. It's not complete. But at least some people will be able to get the app catalog version (webOS 2.0 users).

Unfortunately, right now my hands are tied in regards to the release of the app. A week ago I emailed the Palm Dev Relations folks asking them about whitelisting the app. I never received a response from them. Then today I emailed them again and still haven't received a response. And I imagine I probably won't considering all of the emails they're receiving from people who want to enter the early access program (for Enyo).

So as I've been doing for the past few months, I sit here and wait.

Hey Dan. Curious what you think: http://forums.precentral.net/general...eal-quick.html

No Pressure.
    Hey Dan. Curious what you think: http://forums.precentral.net/general...eal-quick.html

No Pressure.
  15.    #1515  
    Quote Originally Posted by Psychonaut View Post

No Pressure.
    It would be cool and all but I doubt HP is going to release webOS 1.5.

In regards to the media indexing API, it wouldn't be a matter of just making the API public. The API in 2.0 is very different from the one in 1.x. And without getting into any technical details, it relies on behind-the-scenes changes in webOS 2.0. So I think there would be a lot more involved in getting that ported over to 1.x.

Also in addition to the media indexer, I've made use of many other 2.0 APIs and features, so even if they magically made the media indexer available in 1.5, I'd have to rip out and edit a lot of stuff to get it ready.

But anyway like I said, I don't think 1.5 will happen. HP is obviously looking to the future and is not worried about 1.x users.

Guess I meant release what is now the public beta to 1.xers...
  17.    #1517  
    Quote Originally Posted by Psychonaut View Post
    Guess I meant release what is now the public beta to 1.xers...
    That would involve making the 1.x media indexer public. They're not going to want to do that since they've already redesigned it in 2.x.

Also I'm not sure I would want to release a beta to the catalog. All of the fixes, enhancements, and new features I've been adding to the app over the past few months have gone into my webOS 2.0 compatible version. I'd be hesitant to release what I know to be an inferior version of the app to the catalog even though it is perfectly functional and still a great choice for music listeners.

I'm on Sprint with a Palm Pre. However I run my app on my developer phones (Pre+ and Pre 2).
    I talked to my Sprint rep and he told me that the Pre 3 and the Touchpad will both be coming out on Sprint.
    Quote Originally Posted by StuntmanMark View Post
    I talked to my Sprint rep and he told me that the Pre 3 and the Touchpad will both be coming out on Sprint.
    A lot of people are loosing their early upgrade come April. I know I am (9 years and get the shaft!). That means I would have to pay full price... and my GF... and my Son...

Fooie on them all.

M.
  20.    #1520  
    Quote Originally Posted by StuntmanMark View Post
    I hope that's true. That would be great.