Page 73 of 88 FirstFirst ... 2363686970717273747576777883 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,460 of 1753
Like Tree3Likes
  1.    #1441  
    Quote Originally Posted by retroblu View Post
    Unable to post to Facebook, status code = 400

    Track info:

    song title: Take Me Away
    artist: DJ NYSUS
    album: The ****

    and yes ive tried waiting and try reposting, this is one of my favorite tracks, and have yet to be able to post it to facebook, though it posts to twitter just fine.

    a thought i had would be that, i believe you search youtube for videos that are then posted to the facebook wall, what happens if no videos are found?
    Thanks for the info, I tried out the same song/artist and I was able to re-create the same error. I have a feeling you're correct that it has something to do with no video being found. The way I post to Facebook is by adding a new link to the wall, so if no link is present, it's probably failing.

    I'll get this fixed prior to the app catalog release.

    Quote Originally Posted by retroblu View Post
    another thing i just tested was i have the same song as:

    title: Track 9
    artist: DJ Nysus
    album: The ****

    this is what posted on facebook:
    NowPlaying 'Track 9' by DJ Nysus on Music Player (Remix) ♫
    Naughty & Nice 2 **Warm Up Video** Official

    so it found "something" and posted it, though its not the right artist and or song title
    If you search YouTube for "DJ Nysus Track 9", you'll see it comes up with 1 result (the "Naughty & Nice" video). My app will link to the best result it can find on YouTube. And as you noticed with this song, sometimes it doesn't find any relevant videos.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

    Twitter: @Hedami
  2.    #1442  
    Ok I fixed the problem. Now if no videos are found, it posts the song as a regular message on your wall. My first solution was to search Google Images for the artist. I tried it out with DJ NYSUS and it came up with a non-relevant image. I realized that if no videos are found for a song, image searches may not be reliable as well. So I scrapped that idea and am now just posting it as a plain, ordinary message. It's not fancy, but it works.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

    Twitter: @Hedami
  3. #1443  
    I just figured out that the problem described yesterday was a general problem with certain apps (which I barely used and therefore didn't notice). A backup and resetting the Pre did the trick. So if anyone else reports this problem, he should check this as well.
    Thanks again for your help!
  4.    #1444  
    Quote Originally Posted by mort View Post
    I just figured out that the problem described yesterday was a general problem with certain apps (which I barely used and therefore didn't notice). A backup and resetting the Pre did the trick. So if anyone else reports this problem, he should check this as well.
    Thanks again for your help!
    Thanks for the update. I'm glad it's working for you now.
  5. #1445  
    Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    Ok I fixed the problem. Now if no videos are found, it posts the song as a regular message on your wall. My first solution was to search Google Images for the artist. I tried it out with DJ NYSUS and it came up with a non-relevant image. I realized that if no videos are found for a song, image searches may not be reliable as well. So I scrapped that idea and am now just posting it as a plain, ordinary message. It's not fancy, but it works.


    thanx Dan

    -zeek
  6.    #1446  
    Quote Originally Posted by retroblu View Post


    thanx Dan

    -zeek
    No, thank you for the detailed report. This was a good bug to find before the release of the app (which hopefully will be soon courtesy of #thinkbeyond!).
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

    Twitter: @Hedami
  7. #1447  
    Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    No, thank you for the detailed report. This was a good bug to find before the release of the app (which hopefully will be soon courtesy of #thinkbeyond!).
    sure thing...was finally able to nail a song down to report it on...
  8.    #1448  
    I wanted to post an update for all Music Player (Remix) users. This may get a bit lengthy, so bear with me!

    As you may have read on PreCentral, users of existing devices (Pre, Pixi, Pre+, Pixi+) are not receiving webOS 2.x via OTA update as was previously promised. However now Engadget is reporting (Original Pre, Pre Plus, Pixi and Pixi Plus won't get updated to webOS 2.0 -- Engadget) that they sat down with Jon Rubinstein and he's saying that existing devices won't receive 2.x at all.

    Obviously we still have to wait for an official announcement from HP, but right now it's not looking good. So as many of you know, Music Player (Remix) began as a homebrew app back in August of 2009. Back then I never expected to submit the app to the official catalog since the media indexing APIs were private. But then in June of 2010, Palm announced that an upcoming version of webOS (which landed up being webOS 2.0) would open up the media indexing API.

    Because of this announcement, I put in all my time into creating Music Player (Remix) 2.0 with the goal of creating the best portable music listening experience. Since then I've worked non-stop (7 straight months) and have created an app that I feel meets my goal and is completely ready for submission to the app catalog.

    But now all of it is in jeopardy. I've managed to build a pretty loyal userbase who have enjoyed using the app and now it appears that userbase has been wiped out in a single day. What was supposed to be a very exciting day has become the worst day of my webOS development experience.

    Assuming the Engadget article is accurate, I guess I'll be releasing the app shortly to the catalog for existing Pre 2 users. I'm very sorry that many of you may not be able to experience the full version of the app that I've worked on tirelessly for months. The public beta is quite good, but the app catalog version is what I wanted everybody to experience.

    Yesterday I was confident in the future, but now I don't know what the future will hold for me as a webOS user or developer. The new devices look great and webOS is still the best mobile OS out there, but whether I stick it out with webOS as a developer (and subsequently as a user) will depend on the information HP/Palm gives us in the near future. But I hope that I'll be able to stick with webOS and release the app to everyone here who will hopefully own amazing new webOS devices.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

    Twitter: @Hedami
  9. #1449  
    Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    I wanted to post an update for all Music Player (Remix) users. This may get a bit lengthy, so bear with me!

    You are the first person I thought of, Dan. I was going to type (I even started twice), but considering it was me it might come off as "snarky" or something which I didn't want it to...

    I wouldn't hold your breath. The future looks VERY bleak for us (and I'm a Sprint user on top of all this horrid news!).

    *BUT*

    "Adora" (Lisa Brewster - "Palm" Developer Relations) tweeted a couple hours ago that just because the OTA has been scrapped, doesn't "necessarily" mean there's no 2.0 in sight for old devices.

    *BUT*

    Then she said an hour later: "We've broken a promise to our most faithful users, and that has my heart heavy tonight."

    *THEN*

    Ruby's (apparently) said "NO TWO FOR YOU!"


    So I don't know what to make of it all. It doesn't look good. *BUT* just because there's no OTA update, doesn't mean there absolutely will not be a Doctor version for us.

    But I'm not holding my breath. Crap. I guess I do have to look at Sprint Droids after all. That really blows very large chunks.


    M.
  10.    #1450  
    Ruby's comment about the older devices lacking horsepower seems to suggest that they won't provide 2.x to existing (legacy) devices. We'll have to wait for an official announcement, but right now it's not looking good.

    For developers of 2.0 apps, this news is very disappointing.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

    Twitter: @Hedami
  11. #1451  
    Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    Ruby's comment about the older devices lacking horsepower seems to suggest that they won't provide 2.x to existing (legacy) devices. We'll have to wait for an official announcement, but right now it's not looking good.

    For developers of 2.0 apps, this news is very disappointing.
    Although trying to make a positive spin on all this is near pointless, it should be pointed out that Ruby isn't the sharpest cheddar in the drawer. I mean, Palm wouldn't have gone near belly up and got bought out if he was...

    (I know, I know. It's pointless... )


    M.
  12.    #1452  
    Well regardless of his intelligence level, I think he would know whether webOS 2.1 is being released to existing devices.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

    Twitter: @Hedami
  13. #1453  
    Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    Well regardless of his intelligence level, I think he would know whether webOS 2.1 is being released to existing devices.

    Point made.


    M.

    (sorry for the little space wasting rant in your thread.)
  14. #1454  
    When I heard we weren't getting 2.0 first thing I thought was never getting to experience the full Music Remix product. You had me excited for that new Karaoke mode for whatever reason, and Im a grown man! Not to mention dumping 7 months of your life on this one app, for this one moment, and now it all seems to only land in the hands of a few. Sorry to hear that my man. As much as this sucks for us the users, I know it sucks all the more for you guys. Hopefully this works out, but good luck on your future endeavors. Music Remix was hands down my favorite app!
  15. #1455  
    Dan,

    Sorry for your loss.

    I hope HP realizes the big error it made here today to hardworking developer base and loyal customer base.
  16.    #1456  
    Quote Originally Posted by icstars989 View Post
    When I heard we weren't getting 2.0 first thing I thought was never getting to experience the full Music Remix product. You had me excited for that new Karaoke mode for whatever reason, and Im a grown man! Not to mention dumping 7 months of your life on this one app, for this one moment, and now it all seems to only land in the hands of a few. Sorry to hear that my man. As much as this sucks for us the users, I know it sucks all the more for you guys. Hopefully this works out, but good luck on your future endeavors. Music Remix was hands down my favorite app!
    Actually it's close to 12 months since I worked on it in 2009 for a few months before starting my work on GeoStrings.

    Hopefully HP will reconsider this decision and release webOS 2.1 in some way to existing users who have been loyal to them for so long.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

    Twitter: @Hedami
  17. #1457  
    I'm sure HP is trying. To get the update out to old phones, that requires carrier buy-in.

    Don't give up yet. HP may be able to do something for the owners of the old hardware, and hopefully enough new people with new hardware will reward your hard work.
    KA1
    Visor Deluxe->Visor Prism/Digital Link->Treo 650->Treo 700p->Pre->GSM Unlocked Pre 2 (wifi only)->FrankenPre + Touchpad 32 ->+ Touchpad 4G ATT + ATT Pre3 + 64 White Touchpad... bliss.
  18. dvdmon's Avatar
    Posts
    599 Posts
    Global Posts
    866 Global Posts
    #1458  
    It's so strange because up until now Palm has been so great to its developers. From what I heard it might have to do with the palm profile between 1.X and 2.X being too different to reliably upgrade a device without wiping your profile data. Seems strange to me they couldn't figure this one out though. I'll gladly pay for your Pre 2 app, but this whole incident has left a bad taste in my mouth, especially for you. My only hope is that somehow Palm/HP redeems itself by providing users the ability to download their own update over usb without carrier intrusion and/or that they offer free or nearly free Pre3's, but that doesn't solve the immediate problem since the Pre3 presumably won't be here for 4-7 months!
    Twitter: @dvdmon

  19. #1459  
    Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    existing users who have been loyal to them for so long.
    *THAT* is the part that is making me crazy the most. This whole webOS project would be (almost) no where if it wasn't us. Specially us Beta Testers... Er... I mean Sprint users... And they are leaving us dead in the water.


    M.
    Last edited by Xanadu73; 02/10/2011 at 11:11 PM. Reason: typos
  20.    #1460  
    Quote Originally Posted by bluenote View Post
    Dan,

    Sorry for your loss.

    I hope HP realizes the big error it made here today to hardworking developer base and loyal customer base.
    I hope so too. "Sometime this summer" is a long way from now and HP's going to have plenty of competition (iPad 2, Android tablets, iPhone 4 and maybe 5, and a gazillion souped up Android phones), so they need to realize how important it is to keep their current users and developers. Without them, webOS will wither away before "sometime this summer" arrives.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

    Twitter: @Hedami

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions