Page 72 of 88 FirstFirst ... 2262676869707172737475767782 ... LastLast
Results 1,421 to 1,440 of 1753
Like Tree3Likes
    Global Posts
    578 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanjay View Post
    How does one get this app on the Pre 2?
    As soon as webOs 2.x is available to everybody and Palm accepts apps that using the webOs20 media api in the app catalog.

HaPe
  2.    #1422  
    Quote Originally Posted by tobias funke View Post
    I just hope they fix the launcher in WebOS2 to allow for more icons, because I refuse to update until they do so. It will really suck to miss out on the best music app I have ever seen on any platform.
    In webOS 2.0 you can define custom, named launcher pages. This should alleviate some of the transition pains. I doubt you're going to see a different icon density in webOS 2.0, so I'd go ahead and upgrade. In addition to my app, you're going to be missing out on a bunch of other ones that people are making. Plus webOS 2.0 has a nicer user experience than 1.x.

My only issues with the app so far (I'm sure some of these are fixed already):
    - Scrubber doesn't update in certain situations, until the app is maximized. Usually after phone is sleeping.
    - Auto-resume isn't always consistent. Sometimes I know it's because I rebooted with the app running or something, but every once in a while it resumes to an older bookmark even though I'm almost positive I closed the app by swiping it away.
    The scrubber bar won't update while the app is displayed in card mode. This is by design to save battery life and CPU processing time. Also the scrubber bar won't update when the mini-player is displayed on the lock screen. However it does update when you have the device on the Touchstone in webOS 2.0 (which actually looks very nice on top of Exhibition).

I haven't experienced auto-resume not working in my private beta. Hopefully I fixed whatever issue you're having. But if anyone has an issue after I release it in the catalog, let me know. You can send me your /var/log/messages log file and I should be able to troubleshoot it. You can do this using the Lumberjack app in Preware if you don't know how to access the Linux prompt.

Those are pretty minor, though.

Dream features:
    - Ability to connect to an Ampache account. I know there are two apps that do this, and it's probably wrong to want to make their great work obselete, but it would be mind-bogglingly cool to have your on-device tracks and home library (through ampache) show up in the same music app and respond to the same searches. I'm not requesting this, just stating a dream.
    I would like to investigate some type of home streaming option. So it may happen in the future.

-Graphic equalizer. I don't even care if it's a 10-band type thing, even just a few presets so it's easier to make audiobooks/podcasts stand out above background noise.
    A graphic equalizer isn't possible using HTML5 audio. I'd have to switch to PDK audio and there are several reasons why I don't want to do that. They include:

- PDK audio officially supports MP3 and OGG. All the other supported audio formats (AAC, etc.) would no longer be supported which some users may not like.

- I'd have to re-write the media indexer since the built-in one would only look for supported audio formats.

- I wouldn't be able to take advantage of built-in capabilities such as bluetooth audio support, pausing when a phone call comes in, and pausing when the headphone jack is pulled out. I think these features are ones that people would miss.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Twitter: @Hedami
  3.    #1423  
    Quote Originally Posted by Zen00 View Post
    This annoying bug is still present. If I click on an album and randomize it, then shut down the player and restart, the playlist will only think that the song that had been currently playing and the next one exist in the playlist anymore when I hit resume play on restarting.
    I wasn't able to re-create this bug using the public beta. Can you list out the specific steps to re-create this bug?
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

4.    #1424  
    Quote Originally Posted by HaPe View Post
    As soon as webOs 2.x is available to everybody and Palm accepts apps that using the webOs20 media api in the app catalog.

HaPe
    That is basically true. However technically I could release my app into the catalog if Palm whitelisted my app, but there are a few issues with this:

- Right now there's no way to specify webOS 2.0 as a minimum OS version. So my app would show up on everybody's device, even people running webOS 1.4.x. I have to put up warnings in the app description telling people not to download the app if they're not running webOS 2.0. The problem is some people wouldn't know what that means. I'd hate for someone to download the app and have it not work.

- Also if someone sees the warning, they may be cautious in downloading it in the future even after their device is updated to webOS 2.0. Imagine you open up an app with huge warnings saying "DON'T DOWNLOAD UNLESS YOU'RE RUNNING WEBOS 2.0" and you have no idea what webOS 2.0 is. Then after the update, they come across my app in the app list, they would probably skip over it and not bother to open it.

- There are a few webOS 2.0 bugs on the Pre 2 that affect certain functions in my app. I can workaround them, but right now I'm waiting for the OTA release which supposedly fixes these bugs. I'd rather not have to workaround a bug that is already fixed.

But I may change my mind depending upon the results of February 9th. So we'll see...

How does one get this app on the Pre 2?
    you cant :/ at least not yet.

It sucks using the default music app.
    An iTunes remote control built in would be phenomenal, but that's kind of outside the functionality of a music player I guess.
  7.    #1427  
    Quote Originally Posted by innocentbystander View Post
    An iTunes remote control built in would be phenomenal, but that's kind of outside the functionality of a music player I guess.
    Yeah I don't think I'll be adding that type of functionality. It's a bit out of scope for the app.
    Last edited by DanPLC; 02/06/2011 at 08:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    Plus webOS 2.0 has a nicer user experience than 1.x.
    I'm sorry but I and there are quite a few on this forum itself, who would beg to differ with that. So far the experience with webOS 2 has been anything but "nice". webOS 2 is a major step bakc in so many ways, that it is almost unbelievable that Palm, or for that matter any company, could screw things up so much after the great platform provided by webOS 1.x to build on.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
    Quote Originally Posted by HaPe View Post

HaPe
    It is nothing short of stupid on Palm's part, to be selling the Pre 2 with webOS 2, for almost four months now and to still not allow webOS 2 specific apps.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
  10.    #1430  
    I'm sorry but I and there are quite a few on this forum itself, who would beg to differ with that. So far the experience with webOS 2 has been anything but "nice". webOS 2 is a major step bakc in so many ways, that it is almost unbelievable that Palm, or for that matter any company, could screw things up so much after the great platform provided by webOS 1.x to build on.
    I haven't used it on my main device (only my dev devices), so I can't really say for sure whether it will be better than 1.4.x on a day-to-day basis, but from my experience I think it's an improvement. Of course this is a whole other discussion that probably isn't relevant in this thread.

11.    #1431  
    It is nothing short of stupid on Palm's part, to be selling the Pre 2 with webOS 2, for almost four months now and to still not allow webOS 2 specific apps.
    You obviously didn't read my response to HaPe's post. They are allowing 2.0-specific apps on a case-by-case basis (via whitelisting). Voice Memos, currently in the catalog, is an example of this.

But you are correct that widespread acceptance of 2.0-specific apps has not begun. I imagine the reason is because the 2.0 SDK is not yet public.

some songs wont post to facebook, neither artist, song title or album name has any special characters
    Hey,

I've been trying to get your app working on my Pre Plus for a while now, but it always gets stuck on the loading screen. Like you suggested, i tried to add some new mp3-files and even rebooted and reinstalled, but nothing changed. Do you know any fix for the issue? I'd really like to check out the player, it seems to be just perfect!

Thanks in advance

PS: Don't know if this is important, but I'm running webOS 1.4.5
    Mort - What happens when you loadthe stock player? It loads fine?
    You mean the player that comes preinstalled? Yes, it works perfectly.
    Yes, that's what I meant. Hm. Usually when remix hangs like that it's a problem with the media indexer,but the fact that the stock one loads indicates (to ignorant ol' me anyway,) that it's something else. I'm sure Dan'll be around to help you shortly.
  17.    #1437  
    Quote Originally Posted by retroblu View Post
    some songs wont post to facebook, neither artist, song title or album name has any special characters
    I need a little bit more information:

- What is the exact error you receive?

- What is the exact song and artist name of a song that is not posting (case-sensitive)?

- Have you waited for a little while and tried again?

- Are most songs posting and only certain ones not posting?

18.    #1438  
    Quote Originally Posted by mort View Post
    Hey,

I've been trying to get your app working on my Pre Plus for a while now, but it always gets stuck on the loading screen. Like you suggested, i tried to add some new mp3-files and even rebooted and reinstalled, but nothing changed. Do you know any fix for the issue? I'd really like to check out the player, it seems to be just perfect!

Thanks in advance

PS: Don't know if this is important, but I'm running webOS 1.4.5
    As Psychonaut pointed out, hanging at the load screen is usually a webOS media indexer issue. Incidentally, these types of hangs are a thing of the past in webOS 2.0. The way apps access media data is completely different.

But in answer to your question, if you have rebooted and re-installed, I can't imagine why it's not loading. You are using the latest version (1.99.35), right?

I've never seen it hang indefinitely after rebooting and/or adding new files to your device. If you can send me your /var/log/messages file, I can see if there are any errors that can give a clue as to why this is happening. If you don't know how to access this file (via the Linux prompt), you can download Lumberjack from Preware and access the messages log file there.

Thanks for your quick replies. I will try the complete process again tomorrow and keep you posted. And yes, I am using the latest version.
    Unable to post to Facebook, status code = 400

Track info:

song title: Take Me Away
    artist: DJ NYSUS
    album: The ****

and yes ive tried waiting and try reposting, this is one of my favorite tracks, and have yet to be able to post it to facebook, though it posts to twitter just fine.

a thought i had would be that, i believe you search youtube for videos that are then posted to the facebook wall, what happens if no videos are found?

another thing i just tested was i have the same song as:

title: Track 9
    artist: DJ Nysus
    album: The ****

this is what posted on facebook:
    NowPlaying 'Track 9' by DJ Nysus on Music Player (Remix) ♫
    Naughty & Nice 2 **Warm Up Video** Official

so it found "something" and posted it, though its not the right artist and or song title