Page 71 of 88 FirstFirst ... 2161666768697071727374757681 ... LastLast
Results 1,401 to 1,420 of 1753
Like Tree3Likes
    Amazing features!!! Can't wait for 2.0!
    Global Posts
    866 Global Posts
    Uh, like you're app wasn't mind-blowing enough! Ok, couple of items I wanted to mention since I'm here:

1) This may have nothing to do with your app and all to do with A2DP, or Palm's implementation of it. I listen to all my stuff with a Jawbone Icon with A2DP enabled. A phone call will come in and interrupt me, and most of the time when I hang up, the audio comes right back on with what I'd been listening to. But sometimes it doesn't and when I hit play, either nothing happens (other than the play/pause icon flashing up on the full-screen view or notification), or it shows the time progressing again but there is no sound either coming out of the speaker or the headset. If I turn my headset on and off this fixes the latter issue, but not the first one.

2) There also seems to be an issue, as you would expect, if I sync my playlist on my PC and remove the track that the app had been playing and paused on. I'll have to test this out to see what exactly happens again, but from what I can recall it puts the app on a different track (probably whatever the index was for the old one which is now a new track), and when I click on the list icon to show where in the list I am, it seems to show me a list that is NOT the same as the playlist. The playlist is now a bit different, but it is the same name as before. I only have one playlist on my device...

Looking forward to seeing the new version and testing out all these new features, both on my Pre and Pre 2!
    Twitter: @dvdmon

3.    #1403  
    1) Yeah this sounds like an A2DP issue. I don't experience this with regular wired headphones.

2) Yeah if you leave the app open while syncing new music, that'll happen since the current playlist (on the Now Playing screen) is basically a list of file paths. If you re-sync, new songs may be located at the same file locations.
    Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    - There is a new "Use Device Wallpaper" option for the mini-player.
    Thanks

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    PSN: StuntmanMark
    Twitter: @StuntmanMark

The Name: http://is.gd/nxnbhK
  5.    #1405  
    Quote Originally Posted by StuntmanMark View Post
    Thanks
    Thanks for suggesting it! It was a good idea.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Twitter: @Hedami
    Hi DanPLC,

I have a feature suggestion: add play-speed settings.

I use this is Windows Media Player all the time (to quickly listen through books, sermons, etc at 2x speed or 1.8x speed). I think Windows Media Player has some smart way of speeding it up because it doesn't affect quality or pitch very much.

Thanks for the great app, in my opinion Music Player Remix 2.0 (beta) is a marvel of an app. The use of screen real-estate on the home screen is so efficient, with the scroll area and fave area. Add to that the gestures built into the app, notifications, screen-lock control etc...I think this app raises the bar as far as what mobile apps can be like.

Thanks,
    Brad
  7.    #1407  
    Quote Originally Posted by bradleyj View Post
    Hi DanPLC,

I have a feature suggestion: add play-speed settings.

I use this is Windows Media Player all the time (to quickly listen through books, sermons, etc at 2x speed or 1.8x speed). I think Windows Media Player has some smart way of speeding it up because it doesn't affect quality or pitch very much.
    The HTML5 audio spec (used in webOS) does have a playback speed setting; however I'm pretty sure I tried it out and it didn't work. Just like every other major browser, webOS doesn't support every single HTML5 feature. But I have it on my list to investigate in the future, so if webOS does support it at some point, I'll add this feature.

Quote Originally Posted by bradleyj View Post
    Thanks for the great app, in my opinion Music Player Remix 2.0 (beta) is a marvel of an app. The use of screen real-estate on the home screen is so efficient, with the scroll area and fave area. Add to that the gestures built into the app, notifications, screen-lock control etc...I think this app raises the bar as far as what mobile apps can be like.

Thanks,
    Brad
    Thanks, I'm glad you like it. I always felt the home screen of most music apps are underutilized with the main menu items (songs, albums, playlists, etc.) taking up the whole screen. "Faves" was one of the first ideas I had back when I was working on the original homebrew version of the app over a year ago. It's now one of my most used features.

But probably my most used feature recently has been Autolists. I couldn't live without them now. I love being able to pull up my most played tracks or songs I've played in the last day or last week, or even songs I haven't played in a week or two.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Has there been any progress on rewind/fast-forward for long MP3 files, like audio books?
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
  9.    #1409  
    Quote Originally Posted by swieder View Post
    Has there been any progress on rewind/fast-forward for long MP3 files, like audio books?
    No, I haven't had time to test that yet, but it's on my list of open issues. The reason I haven't spent too much time on this is because my gut is telling me it's a webOS issue, not an app issue. But eventually I'll run some tests and see if that's true or not.

10.    #1410  
    An announcement of a fun new feature in Music Player (Remix) is coming soon: Twitter Announcement

What a great dev. Great app and great support. A very rare gem here. Thanks for all your hard work.
  12.    #1412  
    I've been working on a new feature that I think people are going to really have fun with. It's called Karaoke mode and it allows you to record yourself while you sing along to your favorite songs. Karaoke Mode is accessed on the lyrics screen so you can read along while you sing. And there's a new Karaoke option on the home screen allowing you to listen or delete your recording sessions.

Here's a video of me demonstrating the new feature (yes I sing...very badly):

Hey DanPLC, Lifehacker wrote an article about this app!

http://m.lifehacker.com/5749356/musi...ment-for-webos

Sent from my HTC HD2 using Tapatalk
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
  14.    #1414  
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    Hey DanPLC, Lifehacker wrote an article about this app!

Lifehacker, tips and downloads for getting things done

Sent from my HTC HD2 using Tapatalk
    Yeah I just noticed! Very cool!

Global Posts
    117 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    It's called Karaoke mode and it allows you to record yourself while you sing along to your favorite songs. Karaoke Mode is accessed on the lyrics screen so you can read along while you sing. And there's a new Karaoke option on the home screen allowing you to listen or delete your recording sessions.
    You know how every user has a different list of killer features? At the risk of revealing what a dork I am, I'm going to admit that you've just implemented my personal killer feature. I know there will be other music apps for WebOS 2.0, but as of today, I'm no longer interested in trying them out. (My wife, on the other hand, will hate you soon for this.) Nice feature (which not incidentally demonstrates your continually increasing mastery of the platform). Thanks!
  16.    #1416  
    Quote Originally Posted by Zahid View Post
    You know how every user has a different list of killer features? At the risk of revealing what a dork I am, I'm going to admit that you've just implemented my personal killer feature. I know there will be other music apps for WebOS 2.0, but as of today, I'm no longer interested in trying them out. (My wife, on the other hand, will hate you soon for this.) Nice feature (which not incidentally demonstrates your continually increasing mastery of the platform). Thanks!
    Everyone has their own definition of a "killer feature". I know that every feature I implement won't appeal to everyone, but hopefully there will be a few (or ideally a bunch) that every person finds killer. I'm glad that you find Karaoke mode a killer feature...I think it is too. And I imagine there are other closet karaoke lovers out there. I think a lot of people are going to have fun with this feature.

Speaking of wives, my wife and mother-in-law took immense joy in watching my Karaoke YouTube video in front of me. They were cracking up...I have a feeling they were laughing at my expense though.

17.    #1417  
    Swiping gestures are a great way to access special functions. But wouldn't it be nice to be able customize those gestures? Well now you can! In my private beta, I've added the ability to customize the "swipe up" and "swipe down" gestures on the Now Playing screen's album art.

For each of these gestures, you can assign one of these functions:

- Faving a song
    - Adding a song to a flylist
    - Posting a song to Twitter
    - Posting a song to Facebook
    - Saving a bookmark
    - Viewing the lyrics
    - Performing a YouTube search for the current song
    - Performing a YouTube search for the current artist
    - Performing a Wikipedia search for the current artist
    - Minimizing the app to the mini-player (i.e. running without the main card)
    - No action (the default option for each gesture)

So if there's a particular function that you use a lot, it's now going to be as easy as swiping to access it. Maybe you post songs to Twitter or Facebook a lot...in that case, assign it to the "swipe up" gesture. Or maybe you read audiobooks and want to quickly be able to save a bookmark. You can use the "swipe down" gesture (which by the way is quite intuitive since bookmarks are depicted at the bottom of the screen near the scrubber bar).

And in case you didn't know, you can already customize the "swipe left or right" gesture on the Preferences screen to either enter Playlist Preview mode or instantaneously switch tracks.

If you can think of other custom actions you'd like to be able to assign to the "swipe up" or "swipe down" gestures, let me know.

Boy you come up with some good ideas.

I just hope they fix the launcher in WebOS2 to allow for more icons, because I refuse to update until they do so. It will really suck to miss out on the best music app I have ever seen on any platform.

I tried FFplayer out, and it seems to work very well, but I've been spoiled by MPr2.

As far as I'm concerned, if it doesn't have...:
    - Bookmarks (and auto-bookmarking)
    - Large Play/Pause,Next/Prev tap areas
    - Dashboard scrubber
    - "Transparency" mode (every ****ing app should do this, i consider this some genius coding)

...I wont be using it as an mp3 player in any capacity.

My only issues with the app so far (I'm sure some of these are fixed already):
    - Scrubber doesn't update in certain situations, until the app is maximized. Usually after phone is sleeping.
    - Auto-resume isn't always consistent. Sometimes I know it's because I rebooted with the app running or something, but every once in a while it resumes to an older bookmark even though I'm almost positive I closed the app by swiping it away.

Those are pretty minor, though.

Dream features:
    - Ability to connect to an Ampache account. I know there are two apps that do this, and it's probably wrong to want to make their great work obselete, but it would be mind-bogglingly cool to have your on-device tracks and home library (through ampache) show up in the same music app and respond to the same searches. I'm not requesting this, just stating a dream.
    -Graphic equalizer. I don't even care if it's a 10-band type thing, even just a few presets so it's easier to make audiobooks/podcasts stand out above background noise.
    This annoying bug is still present. If I click on an album and randomize it, then shut down the player and restart, the playlist will only think that the song that had been currently playing and the next one exist in the playlist anymore when I hit resume play on restarting.
    Down with the BourgeoisOS oppressors, webOS users unite!
    How does one get this app on the Pre 2?
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad