Page 70 of 88 FirstFirst ... 2060656667686970717273747580 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,400 of 1753
Like Tree3Likes
  1.    #1381  
    Quote Originally Posted by barty9 View Post
    hi! First of all thank you for the great work you have done I love it!
    But I noticed a bug that is quite annoying, for me at least. I really like the idea of flylists bwcause palm didn't enable that for whatever reason. So I have alot of them and in every single one I noticed this bug. You can't change order of the songs once the flylist is created. Whenever I try the song jumps back to it's position or to a erandom one beneath. The same for favorites! I don't know what could be the reason for it but it happens for a while and I thought probably someone else did report this but since nothing changed I thought I post it here.

besides that great work and everything works for me!
    I've found the reason why re-ordering items in a flylist (or faves list) sometimes doesn't work. It has to do with having the same item within multiple lists. This issue is now fixed in the private beta.
    Last edited by DanPLC; 01/22/2011 at 10:17 AM.
    I've said it before and I'll say it again, I love this app. I did have one question/suggestion. Would it be possible for the app to have a custom wallpaper and have the mini-player use the device background?

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    PSN: StuntmanMark
    Twitter: @StuntmanMark

The Name: http://is.gd/nxnbhK
  3.    #1383  
    Quote Originally Posted by StuntmanMark View Post
    I've said it before and I'll say it again, I love this app. I did have one question/suggestion. Would it be possible for the app to have a custom wallpaper and have the mini-player use the device background?

Yeah I'll add this option.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Twitter: @Hedami
    Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    Yeah I'll add this option.
    Thanks, you're awesome!

Call me old fashioned but I still like the original music player remix. I recently got another pre & when I logged in my profile, I did not get my music player remix back. Now I can't find it available in preware either. Does anyone have the ipk or know how I can get it? If not, how can I get the new remix 2. The OP link is to the homebrew section but once there you still can't download it. It just says available via repository.

In need of a music player remix...HELP!
    Quote Originally Posted by bodyshop View Post
    Call me old fashioned but I still like the original music player remix. I recently got another pre & when I logged in my profile, I did not get my music player remix back. Now I can't find it available in preware either. Does anyone have the ipk or know how I can get it? If not, how can I get the new remix 2. The OP link is to the homebrew section but once there you still can't download it. It just says available via repository.

In need of a music player remix...HELP!
    Why do you want the old one? The new one is way better.

Quote Originally Posted by StuntmanMark View Post
    Why do you want the old one? The new one is way better.
    it doesn't matter I just want one of them. I don't want the stock music player. I just want to know how to get one of them.
    Last edited by jbg7474; 01/22/2011 at 07:42 PM. Reason: Fixed quote
    Quote Originally Posted by bodyshop View Post
    it doesn't matter I just want one of them. I don't want the stock music player. I just want to know how to get one of them.

The old one doesn't exist in public anymore. You should be able to just open Preware and on the main screen just type "remix" and hit enter.

M.
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    Music player remix is such a big part of my pre. Now that I have the pre 2 and can't put it on my phone I'm really missing it. Does anyone know when it will be good to go for the Pre or how one would go about getting in on the private beta?

I appreciate it!
  10.    #1390  
    Quote Originally Posted by Thor e View Post
    Music player remix is such a big part of my pre. Now that I have the pre 2 and can't put it on my phone I'm really missing it. Does anyone know when it will be good to go for the Pre or how one would go about getting in on the private beta?

I appreciate it!
    The webOS 2.x compatible version will be released to the official app catalog once Palm releases webOS 2.x to existing devices, which I hope will be soon.

To keep up with Music Player (Remix) release news, either follow this thread or follow me on Twitter (@Hedami).
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    The webOS 2.x compatible version will be released to the official app catalog once Palm releases webOS 2.x to existing devices, which I hope will be soon.

To keep up with Music Player (Remix) release news, either follow this thread or follow me on Twitter (@Hedami).
    Great. I wil!! Thanks for the attention.
    Global Posts
    866 Global Posts
    Hey, so I just got an alarm clock that has an aux input primarily so that I could hook it to my Pre and use it (with Music Player Remix 2) as I'm falling asleep. I plugged it in and it was playing a podcast, then I went to the homescreen, hit the clock icon for the sleep timer and started changing the default 30 into a 20. When I did this, the podcast I was on skipped to the beginning (it was 3/4 of the way through). Specifically, when I entered the 2 it skipped to the beginning and played for a few seconds, then when I entered the 0 it again went back to the beginning and started playing from there again. Just wondering if anyone has experienced this or if it's repeatable. Oh, I should also mention that the podcast was playing within a playlist that I have, actually it's my only playlist currently and one that plays by default when Music Player Remix starts, if that has any significance...
    Twitter: @dvdmon

13.    #1393  
    Quote Originally Posted by dvdmon View Post
    Hey, so I just got an alarm clock that has an aux input primarily so that I could hook it to my Pre and use it (with Music Player Remix 2) as I'm falling asleep. I plugged it in and it was playing a podcast, then I went to the homescreen, hit the clock icon for the sleep timer and started changing the default 30 into a 20. When I did this, the podcast I was on skipped to the beginning (it was 3/4 of the way through). Specifically, when I entered the 2 it skipped to the beginning and played for a few seconds, then when I entered the 0 it again went back to the beginning and started playing from there again. Just wondering if anyone has experienced this or if it's repeatable. Oh, I should also mention that the podcast was playing within a playlist that I have, actually it's my only playlist currently and one that plays by default when Music Player Remix starts, if that has any significance...
    Nice catch! It was the "0" that made you skip to the beginning of the track. This is one of the keyboard controls. You can find a list of the other keyboard controls on the app's help screen (in the "Hidden Features" section).

I'll modify the code so that if the sleep timer panel is open, the keyboard controls are disabled.

Incidentally, there's a new feature in the private beta (that I discussed in my "Little Touches" video) that would have helped you in this situation. If you skip to the next track, or to the beginning of the current track, accidentally, an auto-bookmark is saved (depicted on the Now Playing screen by a yellow bookmark). To resume where you last left off, you can just tap the Next button. Of course this "accident" was caused by a bug, but you get the idea.

Global Posts
    866 Global Posts
    Nice catch! It was the "0" that made you skip to the beginning of the track. This is one of the keyboard controls. You can find a list of the other keyboard controls on the app's help screen (in the "Hidden Features" section).

I'll modify the code so that if the sleep timer panel is open, the keyboard controls are disabled.
    Cool, I found a bug!

Incidentally, there's a new feature in the private beta (that I discussed in my "Little Touches" video) that would have helped you in this situation. If you skip to the next track, or to the beginning of the current track, accidentally, an auto-bookmark is saved (depicted on the Now Playing screen by a yellow bookmark). To resume where you last left off, you can just tap the Next button. Of course this "accident" was caused by a bug, but you get the idea.
    Yes, that is why I've been salivating for when that becomes public. Why it's taken months for webOS 2.0 to come out on the carriers I cannot guess, only that they aren't being pushed hard enough by HP. Just hope that at some point we are able to bypass the carriers to get these updates. It hasn't just hurt webOS either - look at how fragmented Android is!

15.    #1395  
    Yes, that is why I've been salivating for when that becomes public. Why it's taken months for webOS 2.0 to come out on the carriers I cannot guess, only that they aren't being pushed hard enough by HP. Just hope that at some point we are able to bypass the carriers to get these updates. It hasn't just hurt webOS either - look at how fragmented Android is!
    I'm guessing we'll get webOS 2.0 on or before February 9th. Everyone is assuming the February 9th event will announce tablets (and possibly new phones) which will probably require the Enyo framework. So it would seem to make sense to get webOS 2.0 out before then so they can focus on the future (Enyo which will be in webOS 2.5/3.0/whatever).

Global Posts
    866 Global Posts
    So I'm sure this is just my sluggish Pre (even running UberKernal 1Ghz), but it does seem that when reactivating the full-screen view with the scrubber, that it can take anywhere from 2 to 5 or 6 seconds for the scrubber to refresh itself to the correct position and for the current and time left to start counting up/down again. This is while the audio is playing. Not sure if anything can be done about that or if it's already been taken care of, but just thought I'd note it...

17.    #1397  
    So I'm sure this is just my sluggish Pre (even running UberKernal 1Ghz), but it does seem that when reactivating the full-screen view with the scrubber, that it can take anywhere from 2 to 5 or 6 seconds for the scrubber to refresh itself to the correct position and for the current and time left to start counting up/down again. This is while the audio is playing. Not sure if anything can be done about that or if it's already been taken care of, but just thought I'd note it...
    If you're talking about switching from card view back to full-screen view, the reason it takes a few seconds is because the mini-player notification modules are being removed. On my test device (not OC'd) running the private beta it's much quicker.

Global Posts
    866 Global Posts
    If you're talking about switching from card view back to full-screen view, the reason it takes a few seconds is because the mini-player notification modules are being removed. On my test device (not OC'd) running the private beta it's much quicker.
    If by card view you mean the view where no card is actually active (ie you can see the card but also "desktop" background and potentially the edges of other cards off to the right or left, then yeah, maybe that is when the dealy occurs most. Great to hear that it's been improved, and yet again another reason why webOS 2.0 (and the lastest Music Player Remix 2.0) can't get here fast enough!

19.    #1399  
    If by card view you mean the view where no card is actually active (ie you can see the card but also "desktop" background and potentially the edges of other cards off to the right or left, then yeah, maybe that is when the dealy occurs most. Great to hear that it's been improved, and yet again another reason why webOS 2.0 (and the lastest Music Player Remix 2.0) can't get here fast enough!
    Yes we're talking about the same thing.
  20.    #1400  
    As I wait for webOS 2.0 to be released, I've been working hard to polish up the app and add even more features and enhancements. A little while back I posted about some of these here: http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...ml#post2820770. And I've posted a few videos on my YouTube channel talking about some of the other enhancements. But there have been a bunch of other updates since then.

Here's a little sample of some of these enhancments:

- All data (flylists, faves, bookmarks, song play info for autolists, and downloaded album art associations) is automatically backed up daily to your Palm profile so if you doctor or replace your phone, it'll all get restored. (NOTE: You'll still have to manually back up the downloaded album art image files).

- Audio playback when restoring manual and auto bookmarks is now super smooth. No longer does it momentarily start playing audio from the beginning of the file or stutter when it starts playing.

- There is a new "Use Device Wallpaper" option for the mini-player.

- Swiping down on the album art while in Playlist Preview mode will move the current song to the end of the playlist.

- Are you like me and you like switching between "standard" and "super-sized" album art mode? Well now you can pinch-to-zoom on the Now Playing screen's album art to switch between modes.

- New faves are added to the top of the faves list, not the bottom.

- Whenever you display a popup (ex. tapping on the "+" icon next to an item, adding a flylist, choosing autolist details, etc.), you can now remove the popup by swiping backwards in the gesture area. And as always, you can swipe down on the popup or tap the top of the popup to remove it.

- Song/Artist info on the Discovery screen is now word-wrapped (instead of truncated) so you can view all the info.

- One-time introductory popups are displayed when you use certain features or display certain screens for the first time.

- Everytime the app is upgraded, a changelog is automatically displayed to introduce the user to the new features and fixes.

- Several bugs related to re-ordering or deleting items from the current playlist have been fixed.

I also have a few other cool features in the works. I'm really excited about one of them in particular. I think people are going to really have fun with it. So keep an eye out for some more announcements soon. And as always, to get the most up-to-date news, follow me on Twitter (@Hedami)!