Page 69 of 88 FirstFirst ... 1959646566676869707172737479 ... LastLast
Results 1,361 to 1,380 of 1753
Like Tree3Likes
  1.    #1361  
    Quote Originally Posted by barty9 View Post
    hi! First of all thank you for the great work you have done I love it!
    But I noticed a bug that is quite annoying, for me at least. I really like the idea of flylists bwcause palm didn't enable that for whatever reason. So I have alot of them and in every single one I noticed this bug. You can't change order of the songs once the flylist is created. Whenever I try the song jumps back to it's position or to a erandom one beneath. The same for favorites! I don't know what could be the reason for it but it happens for a while and I thought probably someone else did report this but since nothing changed I thought I post it here.

besides that great work and everything works for me!
    Thanks for the report. I'll take a look at item re-ordering in flylists (and faves) and see if I can find a way for it to break.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Twitter: @Hedami
    thanks for the fast response! amazing costumer support even if noone bought anything (yet) I'll definitly will buy it tho as soon as it hits the market! Because the default player is not comparable in any way!
    Global Posts
    894 Global Posts
    Hi, love your interface - it's simple but powerful. I was looking at my daughter's iPod and realized that all MP3 players have similar clean, modern GUI's. (Cover Flow loses it's novelty fast) The I got hit with a wave of nostalgia reading an article in Engadget today with an image of a cassette tape.

What would the chances be of overlaying a skin that's a bit more fanciful and less functional? Instead of wallpaper and a few polygon button, could you make a fullscren animation of a cassette tape rolling away? Sort of make the Pre look like it's an old school Walkman. Instead of a scrubbing slider, you could have the indicator of how much tape is left (that little window between the reels) reflect the song (or album) progress accurately.

Tapping and holding a reel would make the animation speed up (like old school fast forward and rewind) with accelerated music.

You could even get more stylized and have the song title appear on a cruddy looking homemade label in some ballpoint-like handwriting font.

Heck, for the full simulated experience, you could add in ugly looking onscreen buttons, and some animation of the read head engaging the tape when "play" is pushed ("ka-chunk"), with some nice hissing sounds while the tape starts.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Pixi Plus - Pre Plus - Pre 2 - Pre 3 - Touchpad 1 ;-)
  4.    #1364  
    Quote Originally Posted by Goyena View Post
    Hi, love your interface - it's simple but powerful. I was looking at my daughter's iPod and realized that all MP3 players have similar clean, modern GUI's. (Cover Flow loses it's novelty fast) The I got hit with a wave of nostalgia reading an article in Engadget today with an image of a cassette tape.

What would the chances be of overlaying a skin that's a bit more fanciful and less functional? Instead of wallpaper and a few polygon button, could you make a fullscren animation of a cassette tape rolling away? Sort of make the Pre look like it's an old school Walkman. Instead of a scrubbing slider, you could have the indicator of how much tape is left (that little window between the reels) reflect the song (or album) progress accurately.

Tapping and holding a reel would make the animation speed up (like old school fast forward and rewind) with accelerated music.

You could even get more stylized and have the song title appear on a cruddy looking homemade label in some ballpoint-like handwriting font.

Heck, for the full simulated experience, you could add in ugly looking onscreen buttons, and some animation of the read head engaging the tape when "play" is pushed ("ka-chunk"), with some nice hissing sounds while the tape starts.

That has to be the most creative request I've ever received. I have to admit that sounds like a fun idea, but I don't think I'll have time to work on something as elaborate as this. I can see myself doing skins in the future, but I'm not sure it would be quite as dynamic and realistic as what you're describing.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Global Posts
    894 Global Posts
    Darn. I gotta make do with this then:

6.    #1366  
    Darn. I gotta make do with this then:

You could just load those videos up in the YouTube app while you listen to music.

Just posting to say the new 'big mode' combined with using the device wallpaper is some genius stuff. Anything you do to continue along the line of making the music player super-functional yet seamlessly 'transparent' makes me enjoy using it that much more.

I messed with some of the graphics and thought of a couple ideas:
    - In "use device wallpaper" and "big" modes, having the album art (especially the default one) be more transparent really enhances the effect.
    - I modified the dashboard icon to use musical 'notes', which look pretty cool when there are 2-3 icons (looks like a staff of music).

Anyways, keep up the good work!
  8.    #1368  
    Quote Originally Posted by tobias funke View Post
    Just posting to say the new 'big mode' combined with using the device wallpaper is some genius stuff. Anything you do to continue along the line of making the music player super-functional yet seamlessly 'transparent' makes me enjoy using it that much more.

I messed with some of the graphics and thought of a couple ideas:
    - In "use device wallpaper" and "big" modes, having the album art (especially the default one) be more transparent really enhances the effect.
    - I modified the dashboard icon to use musical 'notes', which look pretty cool when there are 2-3 icons (looks like a staff of music).

Anyways, keep up the good work!
    I'm contemplating removing the "transparent card" effect in the final app catalog version. You'd still be able to assign the device wallpaper as the app's wallpaper, but it wouldn't dynamically resize the wallpaper when minimizing the app. The reason is that when the app is in a stack (in webOS 2.0), it's not going to look right since the card is offset by a certain angle. So I'm afraid people may think the app is not behaving properly and there's really nothing I can do to make it work.

To keep it consistent with the app's main icon, I'm going to keep the notification icon the way it is. But as you're demonstrating, the beauty of webOS is that you can change it on your device to be anything you'd like.

I'm a bit confused - I use the app a lot lately and have really come to love it, but I can't figure out how to use that in-app album art download feature.
    I read the FAQ and even watched the video explaining it, but my player doesnt seem to have the new redesigned album page :???:
    Or is the beta ended and the final app is now only available in the payed app-catalog? (I can't access it)
  10.    #1370  
    Quote Originally Posted by Pulp View Post
    I'm a bit confused - I use the app a lot lately and have really come to love it, but I can't figure out how to use that in-app album art download feature.
    I read the FAQ and even watched the video explaining it, but my player doesnt seem to have the new redesigned album page :???:
    Or is the beta ended and the final app is now only available in the payed app-catalog? (I can't access it)
    In the video I mention that the album art downloading feature is not in the public beta due to the use of the new db8 storage system found only in webOS 2.0. I also mention this in the first post of this thread.

The app will be released in the app catalog once Palm releases webOS 2.0 to existing devices. This version of the app has all of the extra features currently found in the private beta including album art downloading, autolists, random wallpaper selector, etc.

IMO, since you have to purposely select "use device wallpaper", maybe it would be possible to include a little warning like "note: will not look right when Stacked" or something. I would hate to lose that feature in an update!
  12.    #1372  
    Quote Originally Posted by tobias funke View Post
    IMO, since you have to purposely select "use device wallpaper", maybe it would be possible to include a little warning like "note: will not look right when Stacked" or something. I would hate to lose that feature in an update!
    In the private beta I've added a lot of help popups that appear the first time you use a feature. For instance, when you tap on the icons at the top of the Home screen, a popup will appear describing the icon. I think I'll do the same thing for this feature. I'll display a popup that indicates that the transparency effect will only work properly when the card is not in a stack.

Ok you convinced me, I'll keep the feature!

Global Posts
    894 Global Posts
    You should not only keep the feature, but this should be part of the best practices for developing WebOS apps, not to mention of the OS itself.

Gestures are elegant, but the very nature means they are "hidden". The same goes for things like shake to shuffle or the forward swipe.

Pop-up tips are one of the best ways to have these features be more evident.

14.    #1374  
    You should not only keep the feature, but this should be part of the best practices for developing WebOS apps, not to mention of the OS itself.

Gestures are elegant, but the very nature means they are "hidden". The same goes for things like shake to shuffle or the forward swipe.

Pop-up tips are one of the best ways to have these features be more evident.

You're right, it's very important to reveal these types of hidden features. It may not be obvious that tapping on an icon of a Pre and having it illuminate makes the display stay on. But after you find out, it becomes obvious. The same goes for the back gesture in webOS. An Android user would be looking for the back key, but once they found out about the back gesture, it would seem natural.

Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    Ok you convinced me, I'll keep the feature!
    Hooray!

PSN: StuntmanMark
    Twitter: @StuntmanMark

The Name: http://is.gd/nxnbhK
    Is anybody else having problems logging into their Last.FM account from Music Remix? Every time I try, it gives me an error "HTTP error 404 - unable to reach server." This happens on both Wi-Fi and EVDO. I can log in to the Last.FM mobile website from my Pre just fine.

I don't think it's a problem with Remix per se - lostFM won't let me log in either. I figured it was either that the authentication server for API apps is down, or that the API changed, but I wanted to see if the problem was more widespread than just me to be sure.
  17.    #1377  
    Quote Originally Posted by Chakat Silverstreak View Post
    Is anybody else having problems logging into their Last.FM account from Music Remix? Every time I try, it gives me an error "HTTP error 404 - unable to reach server." This happens on both Wi-Fi and EVDO. I can log in to the Last.FM mobile website from my Pre just fine.

I don't think it's a problem with Remix per se - lostFM won't let me log in either. I figured it was either that the authentication server for API apps is down, or that the API changed, but I wanted to see if the problem was more widespread than just me to be sure.
    I just tried logging in and also received an error. I tried a second time and it worked. I then tried going to their web page and it's difficult to get on there. Sometimes it loads, and sometimes it doesn't.

So I have a feeling Last.FM is having an issue with their web site.

EDIT: I just check out a site that monitors API statuses, and it looks like Last.FM is definitely having issues: http://api-status.com/

Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    I just check out a site that monitors API statuses, and it looks like Last.FM is definitely having issues: Public APIs availability - uptime and down time - slow performance
    Good to know it's not me and it's not Remix. I've bookmarked that URL for future reference; good find!
    Global Posts
    752 Global Posts
    I think I found a bug. When I apply a photo I have taken with my phone as a wallpaper it zooms in way to much. Weird thing is that it just started happening. Sometimes the photo is right when I apply it but as soon as I touch one of the items on the right hand side of the main menu, it zooms in a lot.

20.    #1380  
    Quote Originally Posted by tp2386 View Post
    I think I found a bug. When I apply a photo I have taken with my phone as a wallpaper it zooms in way to much. Weird thing is that it just started happening. Sometimes the photo is right when I apply it but as soon as I touch one of the items on the right hand side of the main menu, it zooms in a lot.

What's the resolution of the image? Is it something other than 320x480?

The only known bug that would cause this behavior would be when you select the "Use Device Wallpaper" option and then switch back to "Choose a Wallpaper". In "Use Device Wallpaper" mode, the image will zoom in when you go to card view. This is to make the card appear semi-transparent. Sometimes when you switch back to "Choose a Wallpaper", it still does the auto-zooming. This is all fixed in the private beta.

Also incidentally, the public beta's semi-transparent card effect is not quite right because the image isn't 100% aligned. In the private beta, it's 100% aligned.
    Last edited by DanPLC; 01/22/2011 at 08:07 AM.