Page 68 of 88 FirstFirst ... 1858636465666768697071727378 ... LastLast
Results 1,341 to 1,360 of 1753
Like Tree3Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    It's not the text size that I'm worried about, it's the size of the tap area.
    Even taking into account that our ideas of what is aesthetically pleasing to the eye differ ( laugh, it's funny! ), I still have to point out that there seems to be plenty of room to make the minor adjustment:

M.

################
    # EDIT:

took out pic because it was distracting
    attention from author's announcement
    ################
    Last edited by Xanadu73; 01/09/2011 at 10:27 PM.
  2.    #1342  
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanadu73 View Post
    Even taking into account that our ideas of what is aesthetically pleasing to the eye differ ( laugh, it's funny! ), I still have to point out that there seems to be plenty of room to make the minor adjustment:

M.
    Again, I thought of the same thing. Trust me, I put a lot of thought into every design decision I make, even though you don't agree with any of them.

I want the song/album/artist info area to be easier to tap than the top area. The only function I consider to be crucial at the top is the toggle between Album Art and Song List views. But I have another solution in mind to make that toggle much easier to do. But I can't talk about that yet for a particular reason.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Twitter: @Hedami
  3.    #1343  
    I've already mentioned a few features that are exclusive to the private beta. These include Autolists, Just Type / Quick Actions, album art downloading, and randomizing wallpapers. But one thing I haven't really mentioned is some of the other enhancements I've been making behind the scenes in preparation for the app catalog release.

So just to give everyone a taste, here's a list of some of enhancements that have been implemented:

- When you select music to play, loading of the list is quicker

- Loading of lists (songs, albums, artists) is quicker

- List scrolling (songs, albums, artists) is more smooth

- Jumping to an alphabet letter on one of the list screens is instantaneous

- Universal search (within the app) is quicker. I also added a small delay after the last keystroke before the search is initiated. This prevents the app from returning results for every keystroke. For instance, if I typed "happy", it will no longer search for "ha", "hap", "happ", and "happy". It will only search for "happy".

- In the public beta, if you load music into a flylist or the faves list, or if you save a bookmark in a song, and the location of the songs change on your device, the flylist, faves list, or bookmark will not load properly. This has been fixed so now you can move your music around and your lists will continue to function correctly.

- At the top of the album song list screen, artist album list screen, playlist screen, and flylist item list screen, the name of the album/artist/playlist/flylist will scroll instead of being truncated (similar to how it scrolls on the Now Playing screen).

- The album song list screen displays album art, release date, record label, and a link to the artist's web page.

- And a bunch of other various small bug fixes and code cleanup...
    Re-posting this since it got moved to the previous page of the thread.

And in case you missed it on the previous page, I recently added a randomizing wallpaper feature to the private beta: http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...ml#post2820626
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

4.    #1344  
    Several people have asked me about how the Faves list is supposed to behave. They expected to tap on an item in the Faves list and have only that item play. The way the Faves list currently works is by treating it as a giant flylist so tapping an item will play the item but will also load the other Faves in sequential order.

In my private beta, I've now added an option on the Preferences screen to allow you to change the behavior of the Faves list. You can choose to keep the default behavior (described above) or treat each item in the Faves list as separate entities. In this mode, tapping on an item will result in only that item playing. So if you have an album, artist, genre, playlist, or flylist saved in the Faves list, you can select it and then either play it sequentially or shuffle it (via the toggle switch on the Now Playing screen).

I've been pretty busy lately and have implemented a lot of enhancements into the private beta. I'm going to shoot a new video soon demonstrating some of the "little touches" that have been implemented into the app, including some of the more recent changes.

5.    #1345  
    I just posted a poll asking for feedback/opinions on a fair price to charge for Music Player (Remix) in the app catalog. Here's the link to the poll: http://forums.precentral.net/hedami/...-new-post.html

If you're using the app, please vote in the poll and post comments in the thread.

6.    #1346  
    Sometimes it's the little things in life that matter. I've created a video demonstrating some of the "little touches" I've added to the app:

I got a my phone replaced. Where's the download of the this? Can't d/l from homebrew, Preware or Quick Install.
    Quote Originally Posted by thane777 View Post
    I got a my phone replaced. Where's the download of the this? Can't d/l from homebrew, Preware or Quick Install.

I don't know what to tell you. I always get it through Preware. Just type "remix" when you are on the main scene and hit enter.

M.
    I am not able to update from 1.99.35 to the beta version. I got to the Peware app and i get prompted that i have an update avalible for the Music Player. I click to update the app to the beta, it downloads and says it was updated, but it still says 1.99.35 >.< Whats wrongg?
  10.    #1350  
    Quote Originally Posted by bioshock.rocks View Post
    I am not able to update from 1.99.35 to the beta version. I got to the Peware app and i get prompted that i have an update avalible for the Music Player. I click to update the app to the beta, it downloads and says it was updated, but it still says 1.99.35 >.< Whats wrongg?
    1.99.35 is the latest public beta version. Go to the app's About or Help screens and verify you're running 1.99.35. If you are, then you're good to go.

I just checked Preware and it's not showing an update for Music Player (Remix) on my device, so I'm not sure why you're getting that prompt. You'll need to ask the Preware guys why that's happening. They have a Preware thread in their developer forum ("webOS Internals").

Also for future reference, the changelog for this public beta is listed in the first post of this thread. This is the best way to determine what the latest version is.

11.    #1351  
    I'm posting this here just in case people don't notice it in my developer forum. GeoStrings is on sale for $0.99 for one week only!!! Spread the word!

http://forums.precentral.net/hedami/...week-only.html

okayy thank you

I have another feature that i havent seen on this app >.< Can you add a crossfade songs option. I have the In Search For Sunrise 7 ablum and it's split in 14 songs (The songs beats transition to the next song), and it's kindaa 'ughhh' when i have to wait 3-4 seconds in order for the next song to play.

It'd be a good addon
  13.    #1353  
    Quote Originally Posted by bioshock.rocks View Post
    okayy thank you

I have another feature that i havent seen on this app >.< Can you add a crossfade songs option. I have the In Search For Sunrise 7 ablum and it's split in 14 songs (The songs beats transition to the next song), and it's kindaa 'ughhh' when i have to wait 3-4 seconds in order for the next song to play.

It'd be a good addon
    I think 3-4 seconds is a bit of an exaggeration. But to answer your question, cross-fading is not possible with HTML5 audio. I could probably do it with PDK (SDL) audio, but I'm reluctant to move to PDK audio for several reasons. You can search this thread for "PDK" to find previous discussions on this topic.

Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    After playing with the super-sized album art for a few days, I noticed that there seem to be some "dead zones" for the next and previous buttons on the extreme left and right edges of the screen. Specifically, the hit boxes seem to end with the album art itself. If this is by design, might I suggest extending the boxes to the edge of the screen? I often skip tracks based on touch while driving, and this has been somewhat frustrating.

Also, I personally wouldn't mind sacrificing some of the album art's size to make it the correct height/width ratio.

Thanks for all the awesome work you do! I look forward to the day I can reward your efforts with some cash money, whenever Palm and Sprint see fit to give me webOS 2.0.
  15.    #1355  
    Quote Originally Posted by Fidco View Post
    After playing with the super-sized album art for a few days, I noticed that there seem to be some "dead zones" for the next and previous buttons on the extreme left and right edges of the screen. Specifically, the hit boxes seem to end with the album art itself. If this is by design, might I suggest extending the boxes to the edge of the screen? I often skip tracks based on touch while driving, and this has been somewhat frustrating.
    Yes, if you tap the small space gap between the album art and the semi-transparent overlay, it won't register the tap. This is a 5px space by the way. Also if you tap the very edge of the screen, it won't register, but this is really an issue with webOS. It just doesn't register taps at the very edge of the display.

Incidentally, the width of the previous/next tap areas while in "super-sized" mode are slightly wider than the ones in "standard" mode. So assuming you don't focus your tapping efforts on the very edge of the screen, it should be a little easier to hit these buttons.

I'm going to see if I can get the 5px gap to register taps, but the very edge of the screen definitely won't work (perhaps a hardware issue?)

Also, I personally wouldn't mind sacrificing some of the album art's size to make it the correct height/width ratio.
    I'll play around with decreasing the width of the album art a little, but it's not going to be perfectly square.

Thanks for all the awesome work you do! I look forward to the day I can reward your efforts with some cash money, whenever Palm and Sprint see fit to give me webOS 2.0.
    Hopefully it'll be soon. Considering their big press event is February 9th, I can't imagine it would be much longer than that.

Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    I'm going to see if I can get the 5px gap to register taps, but the very edge of the screen definitely won't work (perhaps a hardware issue?)
    Fantastic, thanks! I've never measured my fingertips in pixels before, now I guess I know!
    Global Posts
    465 Global Posts
    I have a feeling your "Album Artist" field is set properly in the MP3 tag, but the "Artist" field is blank. To fix your issue, make sure both the "Artist" and "Album Artist" fields are set in your files. You can check them in an application like Media Monkey or MP3Tag.
    You were exactly right! Thanks so much!
  18.    #1358  
    Quote Originally Posted by m0ngr31 View Post
    You were exactly right! Thanks so much!
    I'm glad it worked.

19.    #1359  
    Someone either on here, email, or Twitter asked me about adding new Faves items to the top of the list instead of the bottom. I just wanted to let everyone know I've made that change in my private beta build. And I think it makes the Faves even more useful because you always have access to your most recently faved items at the top of the screen.

hi! First of all thank you for the great work you have done I love it!
    But I noticed a bug that is quite annoying, for me at least. I really like the idea of flylists bwcause palm didn't enable that for whatever reason. So I have alot of them and in every single one I noticed this bug. You can't change order of the songs once the flylist is created. Whenever I try the song jumps back to it's position or to a erandom one beneath. The same for favorites! I don't know what could be the reason for it but it happens for a while and I thought probably someone else did report this but since nothing changed I thought I post it here.

besides that great work and everything works for me!