Page 67 of 88 FirstFirst ... 1757626364656667686970717277 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,340 of 1753
Like Tree3Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    (...)they can purchase it once webOS 2.0 is released.

I hope you're not relying on trying to survive on the the procedes from MPR!

M.
  2.    #1322  
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanadu73 View Post
    I hope you're not relying on trying to survive on the the procedes from MPR!

M.
    Well "in the coming months" I'll be all set!
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Twitter: @Hedami
    I just noticed a bug in the current version. When I try to turn off last.fm scrobbling, it logs me out.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    PSN: StuntmanMark
    Twitter: @StuntmanMark

The Name: http://is.gd/nxnbhK
  4.    #1324  
    Quote Originally Posted by StuntmanMark View Post
    I just noticed a bug in the current version. When I try to turn off last.fm scrobbling, it logs me out.
    I just tried disabling Last.FM scrobbling (via the "Enable/Disable" option on the Accounts screen) and it kept me logged in. I think you must have tapped the "Logout" button by accident because that's the only thing on the screen that will log you out of the account.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

It's weird. It did ut a bunch of times, but when I just checked again, it's not doing it. Maybe the player just needed to be restarted.

PSN: StuntmanMark
    Twitter: @StuntmanMark

The Name: http://is.gd/nxnbhK
  6.    #1326  
    Quote Originally Posted by StuntmanMark View Post
    It's weird. It did ut a bunch of times, but when I just checked again, it's not doing it. Maybe the player just needed to be restarted.

I looked at the code behind the Enable/Disable switch and all it does is set a cookie (to store the preference of whether Last.FM scrobbling should be enabled). There's no way storing a cookie would cause you to log out of your Last.FM account.

When you say "it logged out", what exactly happened as soon as you tapped the Enable/Disable switch? Did it go back to the login screen? If so, it sounds like maybe you might have an issue with your touchscreen. Perhaps touching the specific section of the screen where the Enable/Disable button is located is also triggering a tap event on the Logout button. Maybe that's why a restart helped.

Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    @DanPLC, I saw your response to my comment on the app page, but when I refreshed the page in my browser, the thread reverted to having my post as the last one. Did you see my reply to you?
  8.    #1328  
    Quote Originally Posted by FBueller View Post
    @DanPLC, I saw your response to my comment on the app page, but when I refreshed the page in my browser, the thread reverted to having my post as the last one. Did you see my reply to you?
    I just tried re-uploading the IPK to PreCentral. We'll have to see if that fixes the issue. But it may take a little while for the feeds up to update. In the meantime, you should be able to download the IPK directly from the homebrew app page then install it with either Preware, Internalz, or webOS Quick Install.

In the meantime, you should be able to download the IPK directly from the homebrew app page then install it with either Preware, Internalz, or webOS Quick Install.

I tried that yesterday evening. Preware bailed with (something like) "bad info received". I'm sorry I don't have the exact error handy in my brain, but I'll try it again after I get out of this damn Wally World check-out line. It might be another millenia delay, though...

M.
    I tried that yesterday evening. Preware bailed with (something like) "bad info received". I'm sorry I don't have the exact error handy in my brain, but I'll try it again after I get out of this damn Wally World check-out line. It might be another millenia delay, though...

M.

I remember the problem now. You can't do it that way anymore (or "right now" - whichever is most accurate) with the (I assume) CMS upgrade. In the mobile version of the page, that text box doesn't display and if you try and take out the "m." in the URL to force the "real" page to load, the server detects you're on a mobile platform and refreshes the pae to the mobile version!

M.
  11.    #1331  
    If it doesn't update in the feed in a few hours, I'll have to investigate some more.

Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    I was just able to install the v1.99.35 ipk file with WebOS Quick Install. No problems at all! But I still only see v1.99.34 in Preware.
    Quote Originally Posted by FBueller View Post
    I was just able to install the v1.99.35 ipk file with WebOS Quick Install. No problems at all! But I still only see v1.99.34 in Preware.

Where did you get the .IPK? From the webos-internals feed server, or did you just check the box in WOSQI and it just went ahead and did its thing?

M.
  14.    #1334  
    It looks like Preware has finally updated. So everybody should be able to upgrade to 1.99.35 through Preware.

15.    #1335  
    I've implemented a fun new feature in Music Player (Remix)...random wallpapers! Now when you want to change the look of the app but can't decide on the wallpaper to use, let the app make the choice for you!

Here's a demo of the new feature:

From any screen, you can randomize the wallpaper by tapping the Enter key on the keyboard or by selecting the "Randomize Wallpaper" option in the app menu or on the Preferences screen.

(NOTE: This feature will not be released in the public beta because it uses a webOS 2.0 feature. But it will be available in the app catalog release).

It looks like Preware has finally updated. So everybody should be able to upgrade to 1.99.35 through Preware.

Indeed. I got it updated this morning, I'm just getting to typing now. The SuperSize thing is a neat idea, but it seems a bit skewed. I think it's not square anymore. It seems to be slightly squashed.

{SNIP}

That "album art" is indeed supposed to be a perfect circle. This is the exact file that I embed in those files:

{SNIP}

I just thought I'd mention it. Neat idea, though!

M.

################
    # EDIT:

Snipped out the pictures so as not to distract
    users' eyes from webOS 2.* version info below.
    ################
    Last edited by Xanadu73; 01/09/2011 at 10:17 PM.
  17.    #1337  
    That "album art" is indeed supposed to be a perfect circle.
    I think if you turn your device upside down (with orientation-locking disabled) you'll find your image is a perfect circle. So yes, right-side up is not perfectly square, but it's very close. In order to keep the same functionality, I can't afford to remove any more vertical space from other sections of the screen.

In order to keep the same functionality, I can't afford to remove any more vertical space from other sections of the screen.

If the focus of this view is the art work, then the song/artist/etc. text doesn't need to be as big as it is. Just a tick or two down on both ought to give plenty of room for the proper aspect of the art to remain in tact. I dunno. Just a thought.

M.
  19.    #1339  
    If the focus of this view is the art work, then the song/artist/etc. text doesn't need to be as big as it is. Just a tick or two down on both ought to give plenty of room for the proper aspect of the art to remain in tact. I dunno. Just a thought.
    I've already thought of this. It's not the text size that I'm worried about, it's the size of the tap area. Tapping on the song/artist/album information brings you to the album song list screen where the user can download album art, view information about the album (release date, record label, etc.), select songs from the album to add to the current playlist, or start a new playlist with that album. If I reduce the vertical size of this tap area any further, it won't be as finger-friendly.

20.    #1340  
    I've implemented a fun new feature in Music Player (Remix)...random wallpapers! Now when you want to change the look of the app but can't decide on the wallpaper to use, let the app make the choice for you!

Here's a demo of the new feature:

From any screen, you can randomize the wallpaper by tapping the Enter key on the keyboard or by selecting the "Randomize Wallpaper" option in the app menu or on the Preferences screen.

(NOTE: This feature will not be released in the public beta because it uses a webOS 2.0 feature. But it will be available in the app catalog release).
    I've already mentioned a few features that are exclusive to the private beta. These include Autolists, Just Type / Quick Actions, album art downloading, and randomizing wallpapers. But one thing I haven't really mentioned is some of the other enhancements I've been making behind the scenes in preparation for the app catalog release.

So just to give everyone a taste, here's a list of some of enhancements that have been implemented:

- When you select music to play, loading of the list is quicker

- Loading of lists (songs, albums, artists) is quicker

- List scrolling (songs, albums, artists) is more smooth

- Jumping to an alphabet letter on one of the list screens is instantaneous

- Universal search (within the app) is quicker. I also added a small delay after the last keystroke before the search is initiated. This prevents the app from returning results for every keystroke. For instance, if I typed "happy", it will no longer search for "ha", "hap", "happ", and "happy". It will only search for "happy".

- In the public beta, if you load music into a flylist or the faves list, or if you save a bookmark in a song, and the location of the songs change on your device, the flylist, faves list, or bookmark will not load properly. This has been fixed so now you can move your music around and your lists will continue to function correctly.

- At the top of the album song list screen, artist album list screen, playlist screen, and flylist item list screen, the name of the album/artist/playlist/flylist will scroll instead of being truncated (similar to how it scrolls on the Now Playing screen).

- The album song list screen displays album art, release date, record label, and a link to the artist's web page.

- And a bunch of other various small bug fixes and code cleanup...