Page 66 of 88 FirstFirst ... 1656616263646566676869707176 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,320 of 1753
Like Tree3Likes
  1.    #1301  
    Quote Originally Posted by volcom45 View Post
    The only thing I like better about NaNplayer than this app is the ability to download album art and apply it to an album. I don't seem to have any album art in this player and it sounds like alot of work to get album art manually or am I missing something simple? Anyway, love the app other than this, your use of the 3 levels of notifications is genius!
    I guess you missed my "in-app album art downloading" announcement from a few days ago. Here's the demo video:

It won't be available in the public beta because I use the new webOS 2.0 data storage system called db8 to store the data. But it will be in the app catalog version.

By the way for those of you who'd like to keep up with the app's progress, you can follow me on Twitter (@Hedami). It's an easy way to keep up with all of the new things I'm adding to the app. You can also subscribe to my YouTube channel (HedamiSoft).
    Last edited by DanPLC; 01/05/2011 at 08:12 PM.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Twitter: @Hedami
    Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    I guess you missed my "in-app album art downloading" announcement from a few days ago. Here's the demo video:

It won't be available in the public beta because I use the new webOS 2.0 data storage system called db8 to store the data. But it will be in the app catalog version.

By the way for those of you wishing to follow the app's status, you can follow me on Twitter (@Hedami). It's an easy way to keep up with all of the new things I'm adding to the app. You can also subscribe to my YouTube channel (HedamiSoft).
    Awesome, sorry I did miss that announcement! That's great news! That'll seal the deal for me! Thanks!
    Gosh, so when our original Pre devices finally get 2.0, you 1.99 version won't work. Not good.
  4.    #1304  
    Quote Originally Posted by lsuinhouston View Post
    Gosh, so when our original Pre devices finally get 2.0, you 1.99 version won't work. Not good.
    The first post of this thread has always indicated that the purpose of this homebrew app is for beta testing, hence the title "Music Player (Remix) 2.0 Beta". As mentioned in the first post of the thread, the purpose of testing the app was to get feedback (bugs, feature suggestions, etc.) in preparation for release in the official app catalog. And it has been a great success. A lot of new features have been added because of the feedback in the 60+ pages of this thread, as well as suggestions sent to me via email.

Once webOS 2.0 is released, if you enjoy using the app, you can download the release version in the official app catalog. Even though I've been releasing new public beta versions pretty regularly, there have been a lot more changes in the private beta. There are additional features (Autolists, Just Type, Quick Actions, etc.) as well as numerous bug fixes and other enhancements not present in the public beta. So the version in the catalog will be the true "2.0" release. And it won't stop there! I still have a pretty long list of features I haven't even started implementing. So you can expect many more releases after the initial "2.0" release.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

That sounds great! Will there be a possibility to buy the app outside of the app catalog, since I can't buy apps in the app catalog here in Switzerland?

Cheerio
  6.    #1306  
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamcatcher View Post
    That sounds great! Will there be a possibility to buy the app outside of the app catalog, since I can't buy apps in the app catalog here in Switzerland?

Cheerio
    Unfortunately I don't think that will be possible. But I'm hopeful with HP at the helm and their supposed big push of webOS this year that we'll see many other countries get paid apps.

7.    #1307  
    I was finally able to upload the latest version of the public beta (1.99.35) to PreCentral. So it should appear in Preware soon.

Here's the changelog again in case you missed it from before:

- Add an optional "super-sized" album art mode for the Now Playing screen which is configurable on the Now Playing screen. When in "super-sized" mode, tapping on the left side of the album art will go to the previous track. Tapping on the right side will go to the next track. And tapping anywhere else on the album art will pause/play the music. (NOTE: This new display mode is not available on Pixis due to their limited screen height).

- Bug Fix: Swiping on the Lyrics screen would not work if no lyrics were found for the current song.

- If an internet connnection is not present, display this information on the Lyrics screen.

- Update FAQ to indicate Facebook posts will appear on the Discovery screen.

so um
    begin
    Nothing Interesting.
    failed
    -1: Unable to run command: /usr/bin/curl --create-dirs --insecure --location --fail --show-error --output /media/internal/.developer/com.palm_.app_.mprbeta_1.99.34_all.ipk http://media.precentral.net/resource....99.34_all.ipk 2>&1
    % Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
    0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 0
    0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 0
    curl: (22) The requested URL returned error: 403
    ?

~* I can't believe it's not butter! *~
  9.    #1309  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylor View Post
    so um

?
    The current version of the app is 1.99.35. So the PreCentral feed in whichever installation program you're using is not updated (since it's trying to download 1.99.34). Try updating your feeds and see if the app version shows up as 1.99.35. If not, PreCentral may be having issues with their feed. You can always install the app by downloading the IPK from the PreCentral homebrew app page. Preware or Internalz will install downloaded IPKs directly on your phone.

Global Posts
    866 Global Posts
    I've been using version 1 of this app for many months and had heard stuff about the new version but didn't bother looking for it till last night. All I can say is I'm blown away. So many features and the UI is beautiful! I'm often one who can think up a half dozen new things that an app could add to make it more functional, but I'm having a hard time thinking of anything!

I've used my Pre on and off as an MP3 player (really podcast player since that's most of what I listen to), switching between that an my iPod Classic. The Sprint Pre's measily 8GB (much of which is already full of apps and other data), not to mention the horrible battery life, made me go with the iPod most of the time. But the UI on this is so amazing, that I think I'm relegating the iPod to be a backup for use only in case of battery failure from now on!

Can't wait for a new version to come out that's 2.0 compatible that I can use on my Pre 2 (and future devices once they are available)! Once this does go to the main app catalog, I'd happily pay $10, maybe even more, and this is coming from someone who's never spend more than $5 for any webOS app (well a lot more if you consider donations to homebrew devs).

Anyway, just wanted to heap more praise on you for making this amazing app, one of a select group of webOS apps that has totally impressed me!
    Twitter: @dvdmon

Global Posts
    866 Global Posts
    Oh, I guess the only thing I wanted to add is that while I love the in-app help and the videos, it would be great to have more of a "manual" with screenshots and descriptions of what each piece of the UI does. It's just that there is so much stuff that this app can do, so many options and buttons, etc., it's almost overwhelming, albeit still mostly intuitive...

12.    #1312  
    Quote Originally Posted by dvdmon View Post
    Oh, I guess the only thing I wanted to add is that while I love the in-app help and the videos, it would be great to have more of a "manual" with screenshots and descriptions of what each piece of the UI does. It's just that there is so much stuff that this app can do, so many options and buttons, etc., it's almost overwhelming, albeit still mostly intuitive...
    The current videos are just my beta teaser videos. I'll be creating a comprehensive series of tutorial videos for the app catalog release, similar to what I did for GeoStrings (GeoStrings Guide Video Series). So there will be a bunch of short videos on all the different features such as flylists, autolists, bookmarking, wallpaper customization, etc.

I'll also probably create some type of online tutorial on my website that I would link on the app's help screen. So yeah in addition to the current help resources (such as the FAQ and Hidden Features help sections), more help resources will be coming in the future.

Global Posts
    866 Global Posts
    The current videos are just my beta teaser videos. I'll be creating a comprehensive series of tutorial videos for the app catalog release, similar to what I did for GeoStrings (GeoStrings Guide Video Series). So there will be a bunch of short videos on all the different features such as flylists, autolists, bookmarking, wallpaper customization, etc.

I'll also probably create some type of online tutorial on my website that I would link on the app's help screen. So yeah in addition to the current help resources (such as the FAQ and Hidden Features help sections), more help resources will be coming in the future.
    Great, and thanks for the quick response!

14.    #1314  
    I've been using version 1 of this app for many months and had heard stuff about the new version but didn't bother looking for it till last night. All I can say is I'm blown away. So many features and the UI is beautiful! I'm often one who can think up a half dozen new things that an app could add to make it more functional, but I'm having a hard time thinking of anything!

I've used my Pre on and off as an MP3 player (really podcast player since that's most of what I listen to), switching between that an my iPod Classic. The Sprint Pre's measily 8GB (much of which is already full of apps and other data), not to mention the horrible battery life, made me go with the iPod most of the time. But the UI on this is so amazing, that I think I'm relegating the iPod to be a backup for use only in case of battery failure from now on!

Can't wait for a new version to come out that's 2.0 compatible that I can use on my Pre 2 (and future devices once they are available)! Once this does go to the main app catalog, I'd happily pay $10, maybe even more, and this is coming from someone who's never spend more than $5 for any webOS app (well a lot more if you consider donations to homebrew devs).

Anyway, just wanted to heap more praise on you for making this amazing app, one of a select group of webOS apps that has totally impressed me!
    Thanks a lot! And thanks for the shoutout on Twitter! I always like to hear people say that they're retiring their standalone MP3 players because of the app. That's the best compliment the app can receive.

In regards to price, I think the app I've created is worth $10 based upon the number of included features and the overall experience it provides. But I won't charge that much for it. I want the app to reach as many people as possible and having it priced that high would automatically turn many people off without even giving it a chance.

Global Posts
    866 Global Posts
    In regards to price, I think the app I've created is worth $10 based upon the number of included features and the overall experience it provides. But I won't charge that much for it. I want the app to reach as many people as possible and having it priced that high would automatically turn many people off without even giving it a chance.
    Sure. I'd just urge you not to make it too low either. There's something about a very cheap price which I think makes people assume the quality of the app isn't that good. Maybe $3.99 is a happy medium, but I'm sure you've thought about this a lot and have a figure that's based on much more research. Also, I'd suggest adding a donation button - at least here in the forums - so that those of us who think we're stealing from you to only pay a few $$ can lessen that guilt ;-)

16.    #1316  
    Sure. I'd just urge you not to make it too low either. There's something about a very cheap price which I think makes people assume the quality of the app isn't that good. Maybe $3.99 is a happy medium, but I'm sure you've thought about this a lot and have a figure that's based on much more research. Also, I'd suggest adding a donation button - at least here in the forums - so that those of us who think we're stealing from you to only pay a few $$ can lessen that guilt ;-)
    Yeah I've thought about it and came to the same conclusion that making the price too cheap can give an impression of lower quality. So yeah, it's a fine line.

I'm not providing a donation link since people here are helping me beta test my app which will be provided as a paid app in the app catalog. So if people here enjoy using the app, they can purchase it once webOS 2.0 is released.

Global Posts
    866 Global Posts
    I'm not providing a donation link since people here are helping me beta test my app which will be provided as a paid app in the app catalog. So if people here enjoy using the app, they can purchase it once webOS 2.0 is released.
    Ok, well, at least I'm lucky enough to have a Pre and Pre 2, and so can purchase it for both devices

18.    #1318  
    Ok, well, at least I'm lucky enough to have a Pre and Pre 2, and so can purchase it for both devices
    I wish the app catalog had more flexibility to allow developers to provide bundle discounts for people like you who have multiple phones in their family. For instance, an app could cost $10, but if you purchase 2 it would cost $15. And there are a bunch of improvements HP/Palm could make in their app catalog in respect to purchasing apps (promo codes, trial periods, more payment options, etc.), but that's a whole other discussion.

Global Posts
    866 Global Posts
    I wish the app catalog had more flexibility to allow developers to provide bundle discounts for people like you who have multiple phones in their family. For instance, an app could cost $10, but if you purchase 2 it would cost $15. And there are a bunch of improvements HP/Palm could make in their app catalog in respect to purchasing apps (promo codes, trial periods, more payment options, etc.), but that's a whole other discussion.
    Weird, when I tried to quote your message, Precentral embedded text from a previous message.

Anyway, yeah, all that stuff would be nice. As far as promo codes, I believe that Joe Hayashi said at Dev Day (where I got my Pre 2) that was planned. You might want to hit him (or someone else at Palm) up about the bulk discount. I think right now it's probably something for which there's not a ton of demand (well, there's not a ton of demand for apps in general given webOS's current footprint!), but once they come out with a tablet, I would think they should be expecting at least a fair number of people to have a tablet AND a phone. At that point it then gets into the realm of what's happened with the iTunes store, where there are different apps for different devices (iPhone/iTouch vs. iPad) and people are charged completely seperately. Hopefully HP will stray a bit from that model and at least give the devs a choice whether they want a completely seperate fee, a discounted fee, or no fee for a second device. Oh, and then there's the whole idea of sharing a single profile with multiple devices, which complicates things even further, hah!

20.    #1320  
    Yeah I think we'll start seeing a lot of improvements in the app catalog this year. It should be interesting.