Page 64 of 88 FirstFirst ... 1454596061626364656667686974 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,280 of 1753
Like Tree3Likes
    I like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
  2.    #1262  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakeeeee View Post
    I like this.
    What is the "this" you like?
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Twitter: @Hedami
    Global Posts
    465 Global Posts
    Song name: Ny Batteri
    Artist: Unknown Artist (It's Sigur Rós though)
    Album: Agaetis Byrjun

I just noticed that it does this with about 8 of the songs on the album, but the other 2-3 come up normal...
  4.    #1264  
    Quote Originally Posted by m0ngr31 View Post

I just noticed that it does this with about 8 of the songs on the album, but the other 2-3 come up normal...
    Does is show up with "Unknown Artist" for all the songs that fail to scrobble? Is the artist name correct for the songs that scrobble successfully?

Also, are there any special characters (such as "ó") in the song or artist names?
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Global Posts
    323 Global Posts

Get a program like MediaMonkey, and edit the metadata for the artist info for the songs that appear as "Unknown Artist."
    Peace, Freedom, Prosperity.

If you have a complaint/request relating to webOS please use the Feedback & Feature Requests Form at the official site.
    Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    What is the "this" you like?
    The new album art thing. But thinking about this, would it be possible to edit meta data for songs from the app?

<3 Sigur Ros. Have you tried making sure it's filled out in the Artist area on the .mp3?
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
    Global Posts
    465 Global Posts
    Yeah, there are special characters, but like I said it scrobbles fine from Zune and Ipod touch.

This is what it shows up as on last.fm under my profile: Sigur Rós – Ny Batteri

MPR just won't scrobble it at all. Just for fun I found the album on torrent and tried playing it in MPR, and it came up and had the right meta info, but it still wouldn't scrobble. Must be special characters?

edit--
    Just scrobbled.
    Here's what it shows: Sigur Rós – NГЅ BatterГ*
  8.    #1268  
    Yeah, there are special characters, but like I said it scrobbles fine from Zune and Ipod touch.

This is what it shows up as on last.fm under my profile: Sigur Rós – Ny Batteri

MPR just won't scrobble it at all. Just for fun I found the album on torrent and tried playing it in MPR, and it came up and had the right meta info, but it still wouldn't scrobble. Must be special characters?

edit--
    Just scrobbled.
    Here's what it shows: Sigur Rós – NГЅ BatterГ*
    In your original answer to my question you didn't list any special characters in the song or artist name for the song that doesn't scrobble. So again to clarify, please tell me the exact spelling (including special characters and case-sensitivity) for the song and artist name as they appear within the app. I'm not concerned about how they appear in Last.FM. I need to know the exact spelling as they appear in the app.

You had originally indicated that the artist name in the app was "Unknown Artist". So what I need to know is if all the songs that won't scrobble appear with an artist name of "Unknown Artist".

9.    #1269  
    The new album art thing. But thinking about this, would it be possible to edit meta data for songs from the app?
    I figured that's what you were referring to, but just wanted to make sure.

It may be possible but it's something I'll need to investigate. If it is possible, it's not going to be straightforward to implement.

10.    #1270  
    I've been playing around with a slightly modified layout for the Now Playing screen. I'm having a hard time deciding which layout I like better, so I need your help!

I've created a poll thread for discussion on the new layout: http://forums.precentral.net/hedami/...ng-screen.html

Please vote and let me know in that thread what you think about the new layout vs. the current one.

This app is better than the original music player.

1. Allowing us to make our own custom playlist without syncing would be nice. That or I just haven't looked deep enough.

2. For new users there should be interactive tutorials or something similar to it if possible.

So Far this app does exactly what it does.
  12.    #1272  
    Quote Originally Posted by GTAFan9999 View Post
    This app is better than the original music player.
    I sure hope so!

1. Allowing us to make our own custom playlist without syncing would be nice. That or I just haven't looked deep enough.
    Tap on "Flylists" on the home screen.

2. For new users there should be interactive tutorials or something similar to it if possible.
    Tap on the "?" icon on any of the screens to get to the app's help screen. There you'll find various resources to help you including a Video Tutorial section. You can also view my videos via the link in my signature.

Global Posts
    465 Global Posts
    In your original answer to my question you didn't list any special characters in the song or artist name for the song that doesn't scrobble. So again to clarify, please tell me the exact spelling (including special characters and case-sensitivity) for the song and artist name as they appear within the app. I'm not concerned about how they appear in Last.FM. I need to know the exact spelling as they appear in the app.

You had originally indicated that the artist name in the app was "Unknown Artist". So what I need to know is if all the songs that won't scrobble appear with an artist name of "Unknown Artist".
    The first reply I gave you had the exact specifics you asked for. Yes all the songs that say "unknown artist" won't scrobble, but they work fine on Zune and Ipod Touch.

The new file that I tried that did scrobble (but had crazy characters on Last.fm) has this info:

Artist: Sigur Rós
    Album: Ágćtis Byrjun
    Song: Ný batterí
  14.    #1274  
    The first reply I gave you had the exact specifics you asked for. Yes all the songs that say "unknown artist" won't scrobble, but they work fine on Zune and Ipod Touch.

The new file that I tried that did scrobble (but had crazy characters on Last.fm) has this info:

Artist: Sigur Rós
    Album: Ágćtis Byrjun
    Song: Ný batterí
    Thanks for the info. I think having an artist name is required for scrobbling. So that's probably the reason why they're not scrobbling. You mentioned the same files scrobble from your iPod or Zune. Do you have the artist name defined in those same files that are present on your iPod and Zune? I'm curious what artist name shows up on Last.FM if there is no artist name defined in the MP3 tag of the audio files.

You know what's SUPER weird? I listen to the last.fm tag station 'ambient' all the time, and this is the FIRST song that came on. <3 it. Sorry offtopic but awesome. last.fm SUPPORT in this app, I would literally go to DanPLC's house and give him a hug.
  16.    #1276  
    You know what's SUPER weird? I listen to the last.fm tag station 'ambient' all the time, and this is the FIRST song that came on. <3 it. Sorry offtopic but awesome. last.fm SUPPORT in this app, I would literally go to DanPLC's house and give him a hug.
    That is a strange coincidence!

Global Posts
    465 Global Posts
    Thanks for the info. I think having an artist name is required for scrobbling. So that's probably the reason why they're not scrobbling. You mentioned the same files scrobble from your iPod or Zune. Do you have the artist name defined in those same files that are present on your iPod and Zune? I'm curious what artist name shows up on Last.FM if there is no artist name defined in the MP3 tag of the audio files.
    I figured that it would need the artist name, but the ipod touch scrobbles it fine, and itunes sees the correct artist same with zune. I'm not that worried about it though. Keep up the great work.
    Global Posts
    465 Global Posts
    Well, it is an amazing song
  19.    #1279  
    I figured that it would need the artist name, but the ipod touch scrobbles it fine, and itunes sees the correct artist same with zune. I'm not that worried about it though. Keep up the great work.
    Can you confirm that the audio file you have stored on your iPod and Zune doesn't have the artist name stored in its MP3 tag?

Global Posts
    465 Global Posts
    Ipod touch has the correct info. When I play it on my zune it has it under Sigor Ros, but it does say Unknown Artist. I got it off of the Zune marketplace too