Page 63 of 88 FirstFirst ... 1353585960616263646566676873 ... LastLast
Results 1,241 to 1,260 of 1753
Like Tree3Likes
  1.    #1241  
    Quote Originally Posted by blue duck butter View Post
    it would be cool if, instead of only being able to choose your wallpaper for the player, you could also choose a tinted transluscent scrim so you could see your background. I know you can select the phone's wallpaper but the transluscent scrim would look much more slick
    If you mean being able to adjust the opacity of the background overlays, I'm thinking of adding this feature in a future release. If this is not what you're talking about, let me know.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Twitter: @Hedami
    has this app been removed from its feed? it's not showing up in any of the feeds and it was there just a few days ago... thanx

-Medina
  3.    #1243  
    Quote Originally Posted by DJMedina3000 View Post
    has this app been removed from its feed? it's not showing up in any of the feeds and it was there just a few days ago... thanx

-Medina
    The PreCentral homebrew feed has had some type of issue for the past 2 days. I've emailed PreCentral to find out a status; however considering it's the holidays, I wouldn't be surprised if it took a few days for it to be fixed.

But someone on the previous page of this thread said they downloaded the file directly from the PreCentral homebrew web page and renamed it with an IPK extension and supposedly it worked. So you could visit PreCentral's homebrew page in the web browser, download the file. Then use Internalz to rename it with an IPK extension. Then use Internalz to install the IPK. I haven't tried this myself, but it's worth a shot.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

The feed name has changed I can download from PreCentral app page and it already is in ipk format. Looking at the feed name it puts a lot of random letters and numbers at the end. It starts with a media.... now.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
  5.    #1245  
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    The feed name has changed I can download from PreCentral app page and it already is in ipk format. Looking at the feed name it puts a lot of random letters and numbers at the end. It starts with a media.... now.
    What is the name of the feed that needs to be added to Preware?

I found this page on PreCentral: http://www.precentral.net/music-player-remix-2-0-beta, but on there the download link doesn't point to an IPK file. Are you viewing a different web page?

6.    #1246  
    The IPK file is now correct on the PreCentral homebrew page.

Thanx for the replies but I just doctor'd my phone so I don't have internalz installed and internalz is also missing from the feeds... Any ideas?
    Medina
  8.    #1248  
    Thanx for the replies but I just doctor'd my phone so I don't have internalz installed and internalz is also missing from the feeds... Any ideas?
    Medina
    See my previous post in this thread. The IPK for my app should be ok now, so I assume the app should show up in Preware if you search for "remix". If it doesn't for some reason, you can always visit the PreCentral homebrew page and open up the IPK link which should prompt Preware to install the app.

When I go to the apps precentral hombrew page from my phones browser there are no links under download options. Don't wanna b a pain in the *** so I guess I'll just wait for precentral to fix the feed
    -medina
  10.    #1250  
    When I go to the apps precentral hombrew page from my phones browser there are no links under download options. Don't wanna b a pain in the *** so I guess I'll just wait for precentral to fix the feed
    -medina
    I searched for "remix" in Preware and found the app. Are you not seeing it?

But if for some reason you can't find it, you can install the IPK by going to this page: http://www.precentral.net/music-player-remix-2-0-beta

The download link will be available after you log into PreCentral from this page. You should then be able to install the IPK using Preware.

Is MPR not available for Pixi? Didn't appear in Preware feed.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
  12.    #1252  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakeeeee View Post
    Is MPR not available for Pixi? Didn't appear in Preware feed.
    Check my last post as well as some of the other ones in the previous page of this thread. There have been issues with the PreCentral homebrew feed.

Can you try searching Preware for "remix", because I found it yesterday.

still not appearing even if I search for "remix" however I was able to instal it with the link in your previous post. Thanx 4 ur help! Hope they fix this soon cuz there alot of homebrew apps missing from the feed. Thanx again!
    -medina
  14.    #1254  
    still not appearing even if I search for "remix" however I was able to instal it with the link in your previous post. Thanx 4 ur help! Hope they fix this soon cuz there alot of homebrew apps missing from the feed. Thanx again!
    -medina
    Are you running the latest version of Preware? Because when I search for "remix" I find a listing for "Music (Remix)" that appears to be the latest version of my app. Instead of being shown with my regular headphones icon, it shows a generic box icon. It used to be listed under the name "Music Player (Remix) 2.0 Beta".

I don't know if the installation button in Preware works because I already have it installed on my phone.

Hey Dan (& others having issues with the PreCentral HB feeds in Preware or WebOS Quick Install.)

It seems PreCentral is still having issues with their XML feed to Preware and WOSQI -- some apps are there, but many (including MPR2 beta, Internalz, Agenda, Dr Podder HB, etc..) are missing

If the apps are already on your phone, they will appear in Preware as that generic box, but that means Preware doesn't really know what the app is since the ipk doesn't appear in any live feeds.

The way I got around this when restoring my recently 'plussed' sprint pre was to download the ipk from P|C's website, get it to my phone (one of many ways, but I dropbox'd the ipks and then downloaded them to my Pre), then use Preware to install the local IPK. You can also Neato the ipk, but I had a problem doing that and Preware wasn't automatically opening the ipks to install.

Hope this helps.

EDIT: Neato-ing the file works if you select the text in the download options section of the HB app page --- but ONLY JUST the text up through ending in "*****.ipk" Don't select the text after the .ipk (usually starts with a ? followed by a bunch of other stuff). If you select the entire text box, my Neato didn't open Preware and reviewing history told me it was an "Unauthorized call to open ipk" Error. Precentral must be in the middle of a major back-end overhaul!!!
    Last edited by greenawayj; 12/26/2010 at 11:17 AM.
  16.    #1256  
    Quote Originally Posted by greenawayj View Post
    Hey Dan (& others having issues with the PreCentral HB feeds in Preware or WebOS Quick Install.)

It seems PreCentral is still having issues with their XML feed to Preware and WOSQI -- some apps are there, but many (including MPR2 beta, Internalz, Agenda, Dr Podder HB, etc..) are missing

If the apps are already on your phone, they will appear in Preware as that generic box, but that means Preware doesn't really know what the app is since the ipk doesn't appear in any live feeds.

The way I got around this when restoring my recently 'plussed' sprint pre was to download the ipk from P|C's website, get it to my phone (one of many ways, but I dropbox'd the ipks and then downloaded them to my Pre), then use Preware to install the local IPK. You can also Neato the ipk, but I had a problem doing that and Preware wasn't automatically opening the ipks to install.

Hope this helps.

EDIT: Neato-ing the file works if you select the text in the download options section of the HB app page --- but ONLY JUST the text up through ending in "*****.ipk" Don't select the text after the .ipk (usually starts with a ? followed by a bunch of other stuff). If you select the entire text box, my Neato didn't open Preware and reviewing history told me it was an "Unauthorized call to open ipk" Error. Precentral must be in the middle of a major back-end overhaul!!!
    Thanks for the explanation. That makes perfect sense now. Hopefully PreCentral gets it fixed after the holidays. Until then, people can follow your instructions on how to install the app.

17.    #1257  
    It looks like Music Player (Remix) is showing up in Preware again.

18.    #1258  
    I've been receiving a lot of requests for album art downloading both in this thread and via email. So I finally broke down and implemented it! You can check out a demonstration video here:

The app will let you browse a selection of possible album art candidates and you tap on the one you wish to use. Then afterwards, any songs from that album will display the album art.

In addition to album art downloading, the album song list screen has been re-designed and allows you to view information about the album such as release date, record label, and the artist's website.

The public beta will not be receiving the album art downloading feature because I used the new db8 storage system found in webOS 2.0. I decided to use db8 for several reasons:

- Accessing db8 data is much quicker than accessing sqlite data.

- Db8 data is backed up to your Palm Profile. So if you download a bunch of album art and need to replace your device, you can copy the album art (found in /media/internal/.musicplayerremix/albumart) to your computer, then copy it back to the new device and you're ready to go.

Global Posts
    465 Global Posts
    The only problem I've had so far with MPR is the scrobbling, and it's not necessary a scrobbling problem...

I have a song that plays fine and scrobbles correctly on my ipod touch, it does the same on the zune (I have to use Zenses to scrobble though), but it will not scrobble from the Pre. None of my other songs have the problem.

I think the problem is that it thinks that it's an Unknown Artist, but the zune and ipod find the artist name fine. Itunes sees it correctly as well. Is it something I'm doing wrong?
  20.    #1260  
    Quote Originally Posted by m0ngr31 View Post
    The only problem I've had so far with MPR is the scrobbling, and it's not necessary a scrobbling problem...

I have a song that plays fine and scrobbles correctly on my ipod touch, it does the same on the zune (I have to use Zenses to scrobble though), but it will not scrobble from the Pre. None of my other songs have the problem.

I think the problem is that it thinks that it's an Unknown Artist, but the zune and ipod find the artist name fine. Itunes sees it correctly as well. Is it something I'm doing wrong?
    Can you tell me the exact spelling (case-sensitive) of the song name and artist name as it appears underneath the album art in Music Player (Remix)?