webOS Nation Forums >  Homebrew >  webOS Homebrew Apps > Music Player (Remix) 2.0 - Homebrew Edition
Music Player (Remix) 2.0 - Homebrew Edition
Like Tree3Likes

Old 12/22/2010, 03:00 PM   #1221 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpressive View Post
Dan,

I encountered the error below when I recently attempted to update your app today. I've been a long time user and haven't seen this before. Any idea what's going on?

begin
Nothing Interesting.
failed
: Unable to run command: /usr/bin/curl --create-dirs --insecure --location --fail --show-error --output /media/internal/.developer/com.palm_.app_.mprbeta_1.99.34_all.ipk http://ipkg.preware.org/feeds/precen....99.34_all.ipk 2>&1
% Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
102 409 102 409 0 0 89 0 0:00:04 0:00:04 --:--:-- 89
102 409 102 409 0 0 87 0 0:00:04 0:00:04 --:--:-- 87
curl: (47) Maximum (50) redirects followed
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
Installation issues have nothing to do with the app itself. From the log above, it seems like you're using Preware to install the app. So I'd ask about this error in the Preware thread.
Received same error today trying to update via Preware. Uninstalled/Reinstalled with same result. Ran EPU and did device reset with same result. Have posted message to Preware thread, hopefully its easy fix

Visor-->Treo 600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700P-->Treo 800W-->Palm Pre-->HP Touchpad

My DVD Collection
My Media Room
GovTwit Directory
Twitter: @dslunceford
dslunceford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/22/2010, 03:41 PM   #1222 (permalink)

Rod mentions this sounds like issue with PreCentral feed of the app...

Sure enough, WOSQI download chokes with message of "server redirected too many times"

Visor-->Treo 600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700P-->Treo 800W-->Palm Pre-->HP Touchpad

My DVD Collection
My Media Room
GovTwit Directory
Twitter: @dslunceford
dslunceford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/22/2010, 04:05 PM   #1223 (permalink)

I'm not sure if this is a Music Player question or a general pre question. I downloaded songs from a CD. Does Music Player only play mp3? Or, is there a way to get it to play wma also?
Davey123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/22/2010, 04:39 PM   #1224 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan I Ezor View Post
Quick suggestion: the field into which the Twitter-generated PIN is entered should automatically be set for numerical entry (i.e. no need to hit the orange/grey key before entering numbers). {Jonathan}
Actually the best way to enter the PIN is to copy/paste it. Just tap and hold the Shift key then tap on the PIN. It'll highlight in yellow. Then tap and hold the gesture area and tap the C key to copy the PIN. Then in the PIN field, tap and hold the gesture area and tap the V key to paste the PIN.

But I see your point if people decide to type it in. And if the PIN was in my control, I would definitely make this change. However I don't know if Twitter will ever switch to an alphanumeric PIN. I'd hate for the Twitter authentication to suddenly break if they ever decide to change it.

Twitter: @Hedami
DanPLC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12/22/2010, 04:43 PM   #1225 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davey123 View Post
I'm not sure if this is a Music Player question or a general pre question. I downloaded songs from a CD. Does Music Player only play mp3? Or, is there a way to get it to play wma also?
WMAs aren't supported in webOS. To view a complete list of supported audio formats, see this page: Palm USA | Palm Pre Phone | Features, Details

Old 12/22/2010, 04:44 PM   #1226 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dslunceford View Post
Rod mentions this sounds like issue with PreCentral feed of the app...

Sure enough, WOSQI download chokes with message of "server redirected too many times"
I just tried downloading another homebrew app ("GarOnField Beta") and I received the same error. I'll email PreCentral and see if they can investigate.

EDIT: Dieter just wrote me back saying they're working on the issue.

Last edited by DanPLC; 12/22/2010 at 04:53 PM. Reason: Update
Old 12/22/2010, 10:35 PM   #1227 (permalink)

I typically am not one to play around on the phone much. This whole forum has gotten me more "phone-focused." I also wanted to say that this is an incredibly nice app.
Davey123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/23/2010, 02:48 AM   #1228 (permalink)

How to change wallpaper on this app???
Henrytreo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/23/2010, 04:05 AM   #1229 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davey123 View Post
I typically am not one to play around on the phone much. This whole forum has gotten me more "phone-focused." I also wanted to say that this is an incredibly nice app.
Thanks...I'm glad you're enjoying it.

Old 12/23/2010, 04:06 AM   #1230 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henrytreo View Post
How to change wallpaper on this app???
Go into the app menu and select "Preferences". Then tap on "Choose Wallpaper Image" and select the wallpaper you'd like to use.

To learn more about the app, check out the videos I posted on my YouTube channel (link is in my signature). Or you can view the videos directly on the device by going to the app's Help screen by tapping the "?" icon at the top-right corner of any screen. Then tap on "Video Tutorials & Guides".

Old 12/23/2010, 04:15 PM   #1231 (permalink)

how do u install the app? file coaster is broken, and I still have the webos quick install I browse to file but I do not have option to install, is there another way to get it on pre, also to adds songs the playlist can you choose more than one song at a time?
arcolino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/23/2010, 04:27 PM   #1232 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by arcolino View Post
how do u install the app? file coaster is broken, and I still have the webos quick install I browse to file but I do not have option to install, is there another way to get it on pre, also to adds songs the playlist can you choose more than one song at a time?
I think PreCentral is still having issues with their homebrew feed. But once they fix it, you can install it using Preware. You can also download the IPK and install it using webOS Quick Install.

If you're referring to flylists (which are playlists you create within the app), you can add songs, albums, artists, genres, or synced playlists to a flylist one at a time.

Old 12/23/2010, 04:32 PM   #1233 (permalink)

Is their a continuous play setting somewhere that I can't find? I absolutely love the app, by far the best music player app I have found for the pre, but the pauses between songs seems uncomfortably long.
Courousant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/23/2010, 04:35 PM   #1234 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
I think PreCentral is still having issues with their homebrew feed. But once they fix it, you can install it using Preware. You can also download the IPK and install it using webOS Quick Install.

If you're referring to flylists (which are playlists you create within the app), you can add songs, albums, artists, genres, or synced playlists to a flylist one at a time.
I downloaded this file
open-uri20101216-18471-17fystc-0
and tried to install it using the webos quick install but it does not have a file extension on it do I need to add one?
Old 12/23/2010, 04:51 PM   #1235 (permalink)

Quote:
I downloaded this file
open-uri20101216-18471-17fystc-0
and tried to install it using the webos quick install but it does not have a file extension on it do I need to add one?
figured it out had to add the .ipk to end of file. looks good I like how it took my old playlist from the boring to basic music player and put them in your app. good job.

suggestion have a way to add multiple songs at one time.

question this app will not crash phone when/if an upgrade comes down?

again I have to say I like I like, the doubletwist, itunes, media player, media monkey just did not work for me spent two evenings trying to make it work with those apps ended up doubling up on songs on phone ... this keeps it simple and very functional great job. I sure hope hp/palm sprint do right by you.
Old 12/23/2010, 04:56 PM   #1236 (permalink)

cool app can change the menu order on the left side by pressing and holding and dragging up or down.

how do I delete playlist that I do not want?
Old 12/23/2010, 06:06 PM   #1237 (permalink)

it would be cool if, instead of only being able to choose your wallpaper for the player, you could also choose a tinted transluscent scrim so you could see your background. I know you can select the phone's wallpaper but the transluscent scrim would look much more slick
blue duck butter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/23/2010, 06:35 PM   #1238 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Courousant View Post
Is their a continuous play setting somewhere that I can't find? I absolutely love the app, by far the best music player app I have found for the pre, but the pauses between songs seems uncomfortably long.
Gapless playback cannot be reliably implemented using HTML5 Audio. There is always going to be an inherent pause between songs. The only way I could simulate gapless playback is by using two HTML5 audio objects, but I would never be able to perfect the timing between the two objects on all devices. So sometimes the songs would play with no gap, sometimes there would be a gap, and sometimes the audio from two consecutive songs would overlap.

I think gapless playback using PDK audio would be possible, but I've indicated my reasons before for not wanting to switch to PDK audio (search this thread for "PDK" or "SDL" to find those previous discussions).

Old 12/23/2010, 06:39 PM   #1239 (permalink)

Quote:
figured it out had to add the .ipk to end of file. looks good I like how it took my old playlist from the boring to basic music player and put them in your app. good job.
Yeah PreCentral's homebrew feed is still messed up. As you noted the files don't have IPK extensions as they should.

Quote:
suggestion have a way to add multiple songs at one time.
I have it on my list to investigate this option.

Quote:
question this app will not crash phone when/if an upgrade comes down?
No, I can't imagine my app (or any other app) directly causing a phone crash. Why are you worried about this?

Quote:
again I have to say I like I like, the doubletwist, itunes, media player, media monkey just did not work for me spent two evenings trying to make it work with those apps ended up doubling up on songs on phone ... this keeps it simple and very functional great job. I sure hope hp/palm sprint do right by you.
Thanks!

Old 12/23/2010, 06:41 PM   #1240 (permalink)

Quote:
cool app can change the menu order on the left side by pressing and holding and dragging up or down.
If you mean the Faves list on the home screen, yes you can do re-order the items. Also you can re-order the items on the right side of the home screen ("Songs", "Albums", "Discovery", etc.).

Quote:
how do I delete playlist that I do not want?
If you're referring to a playlist found on the "Playlists" screen, the only way to delete it would be to connect the phone to your computer in "USB Mode" and delete the associated playlist file.

If you're referring to a flylist, you can delete them by swiping it off the screen (similar to how you delete an email in the Email app).

Tags
music player remix

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0