Page 61 of 88 FirstFirst ... 1151565758596061626364656671 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,220 of 1753
Like Tree3Likes
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    I have only tried creating M3U files that reference music files in the same directory. But you can try one of these suggestions to see if they work:

1) subdirectory/file.mp3

2) ./subdirectory/file.mp3

3) //media/internal/music/subdirectory/file.mp3

Let me know if any of these work and I can update the FAQ.

Hey Dan, thanks for the quick reply. After I looked at the m3u file I realized that WMP creates the file with back slashes rather than forward slashes. Once I converted the back slash to forward slashes, it recognizes all of the files without problems. Any of the 3 options you mentioned works just fine once I changed the orientation. Now if I can find a way to get WMP (or some other program) to spit out .m3u with forward instead of backslashes I'll be set. Thanks again and keep up the great work!
  2.    #1202  
    Quote Originally Posted by DocKettel View Post
    Hey Dan, thanks for the quick reply. After I looked at the m3u file I realized that WMP creates the file with back slashes rather than forward slashes. Once I converted the back slash to forward slashes, it recognizes all of the files without problems. Any of the 3 options you mentioned works just fine once I changed the orientation. Now if I can find a way to get WMP (or some other program) to spit out .m3u with forward instead of backslashes I'll be set. Thanks again and keep up the great work!
    Very good! I'll update my FAQ to indicate that files can be stored in sub-directories.

If WMP won't use backslashes, you could probably get a free utility some where to find and replace all "\" with "/" within a set of files.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Twitter: @Hedami
    Very good! I'll update my FAQ to indicate that files can be stored in sub-directories.

If WMP won't use backslashes, you could probably get a free utility some where to find and replace all "\" with "/" within a set of files.
    Could you open the playlist in word processing and find/replace all \ with / ?
  4.    #1204  
    Quote Originally Posted by wushu2004 View Post
    Could you open the playlist in word processing and find/replace all \ with / ?
    Of course! But I was thinking about the scenario where you have a bunch of M3U files. It would be quicker to run them through a "search/replace" application and edit them all at once.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

If you have already answered this, I'm sorry, but if I'm on 2.01, is there a way for me to get this app? Like thru your private beta?
  6.    #1206  
    Quote Originally Posted by dingwall1 View Post
    If you have already answered this, I'm sorry, but if I'm on 2.01, is there a way for me to get this app? Like thru your private beta?
    As is mentioned in the "Known Issues" section of the first post of this thread, the public beta will not work on webOS 2.0 due to changes in the webOS media indexer. The private beta does work on 2.0 but I cannot distribute it to anyone outside of the 2.0 SDK early access dev program.

If anyone who's in this program and also owns a webOS 2.0 device would like to participate in the private beta, please PM me on the Palm Dev forum. But keep in mind I'm only inviting people who are established developers or who have been actively participating in the early access forum.

For everyone else owning webOS 2.0 devices, you'll be able to download the app once it's released in the official app catalog (after webOS 2.0 is released to existing devices).

If anyone who's in this program and also owns a webOS 2.0 device would like to participate in the private beta, please PM me on the Palm Dev forum.

Do you go under the same name in the private forum?
  8.    #1208  
    Quote Originally Posted by dingwall1 View Post
    Do you go under the same name in the private forum?
    Yep.

geat app::!!!

some bugs found:
    - if you play next track from miniplayer and open the music app, the shuffle option is disabled.
    - the shuffle is only workin with older mp3s new added ones will not be played so often??
  10.    #1210  
    Quote Originally Posted by y2kadir View Post
    - if you play next track from miniplayer and open the music app, the shuffle option is disabled.
    Can you indicate which "shuffle option" you're referring to? Because the only shuffle option I can think of is the one on the Now Playing screen (at the bottom of the Song List view). I just tried switching tracks in mini-player mode, then went back to the app and toggled the shuffle option and it worked fine.

Quote Originally Posted by y2kadir View Post
    - the shuffle is only workin with older mp3s new added ones will not be played so often??
    Are you saying certain MP3 files are not playing in the app? What happens if you try to select one of them on the "Songs" screen? Does it switch to the Now Playing screen? Does the song play?

1. On the home screen, there's a button at the top that says "now playing". When I go into the playlist view, the button gets replaced by a note icon. It's a better user experience to have "now playing/resume play" always be the note icon. Decreases confusion.

2. I would like to see the light square shown in place of album art to be some kind of generic album art image. Maybe some notes or something... just something instead of a square that's lighter than the rest of the background.

3. I would also like to see smoother scrolling of text in the miniplayer view.

4. I would also like to see a better transition between portrait and landscape modes. Currently it's rather jaggy and unprofessional.
  12.    #1212  
    Quote Originally Posted by stung View Post
    1. On the home screen, there's a button at the top that says "now playing". When I go into the playlist view, the button gets replaced by a note icon. It's a better user experience to have "now playing/resume play" always be the note icon. Decreases confusion.
    I can see using a note icon, but I think I'll use the "Now Playing" button. In a future release, I plan on allowing the user to customize whether they display the Album Art view or Song List view by default. So a generic note icon may not make sense for everyone.

But anyway, I'd like to use the "Now Playing" button. I think most people are familiar with it. It originated from the built-in music app and I kind of like it.

2. I would like to see the light square shown in place of album art to be some kind of generic album art image. Maybe some notes or something... just something instead of a square that's lighter than the rest of the background.
    Actually there is a generic album art image that is displayed if no album art is found. I'm not sure why one of your songs is not displaying it. It must have some type of image associated with the song that is having a problem being displayed. I've verified on my device that songs without album art do display the generic album art image.

3. I would also like to see smoother scrolling of text in the miniplayer view.
    I really have no way to make the scrolling smoother on the mini-player. Text just doesn't scroll as smoothly on notifications, especially when the screen is locked. It's just the way it is in webOS.

4. I would also like to see a better transition between portrait and landscape modes. Currently it's rather jaggy and unprofessional.
    You're correct, this is something that needs to be worked on.

Hey dan I been switching between several players and really went in depth with yours tonight. Great app! I can find where the program finds album art, is that a feature I am missing? Thanks and look forward to purchasing it when I get my Pre 2.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
  14.    #1214  
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    Hey dan I been switching between several players and really went in depth with yours tonight. Great app! I can find where the program finds album art, is that a feature I am missing? Thanks and look forward to purchasing it when I get my Pre 2.
    Someone just emailed me about this and this is what I told them:

The reason I recommend in the FAQ that people do it on their computer is so the album art gets embedded within the MP3 files. If I implement an album art downloading feature in my app, the art will only appear within my app. If you copy your music from your computer to other devices (replacement phones, tablets, media centers, etc.), you won't have the album art available. That's why I recommend that people do it once on their computers. Then from that point on, anytime they copy their music files to any device, the album art will be there.

I used a free Windows application called MP3Tag to download missing album art from Amazon and embed it within the files. It really didn't take that long and now all of my music files have album art embedded. And it would have taken so much longer to do it on my phone vs. the computer.
    Last edited by DanPLC; 12/20/2010 at 06:19 AM.

15.    #1215  
    PreCentral just posted the results for the "Best of 2010" awards. Thanks to everyone who nominated Music Player (Remix), GeoStrings, and me in several categories. And thanks to everyone who voted my app the "best use of webOS notifications". That was the one category I really hoped I would do well in because I think the webOS notification system is incredible and as far as I know not many people have used it in the way Music Player (Remix) does.

Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    would it be possible to add the ability to edit mp3 info(song,album,artist)? Also have you thought about integrating the lastfm artwork download ?
  17.    #1217  
    Quote Originally Posted by wbarter View Post
    would it be possible to add the ability to edit mp3 info(song,album,artist)? Also have you thought about integrating the lastfm artwork download ?
    You wrote me an email with the same question. Here's the response I sent you:

The webOS media indexing API currently doesn't give the ability to write back information to the MP3 files.

Several people have asked me about album art downloading. The reason I recommend in the FAQ that people do it on their computer is so the album art gets embedded within the MP3 files. If I implement an album art downloading feature in my app, the art will only appear within my app. If you copy your music from your computer to other devices (replacement phones, tablets, media centers, etc.), you won't have the album art available. That's why I recommend that people do it once on their computers. Then from that point on, anytime they copy their music files to any device, the album art will be there.

I used a free Windows application called MP3Tag to download missing album art from Amazon and embed it within the files. It really didn't take that long and now all of my music have album art embedded. And it would have taken so much longer to do it on my phone vs. the computer.

So what do you think? Do you still see value in an album art downloading feature even though the album art would only work on your one device, within my app.

Dan,

I encountered the error below when I recently attempted to update your app today. I've been a long time user and haven't seen this before. Any idea what's going on?

begin
    Nothing Interesting.
    failed
    : Unable to run command: /usr/bin/curl --create-dirs --insecure --location --fail --show-error --output /media/internal/.developer/com.palm_.app_.mprbeta_1.99.34_all.ipk http://ipkg.preware.org/feeds/precen....99.34_all.ipk 2>&1
    % Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
    102 409 102 409 0 0 89 0 0:00:04 0:00:04 --:--:-- 89
    102 409 102 409 0 0 87 0 0:00:04 0:00:04 --:--:-- 87
    curl: (47) Maximum (50) redirects followed
  19.    #1219  
    Quote Originally Posted by mpressive View Post
    Dan,

I encountered the error below when I recently attempted to update your app today. I've been a long time user and haven't seen this before. Any idea what's going on?

begin
    Nothing Interesting.
    failed
    : Unable to run command: /usr/bin/curl --create-dirs --insecure --location --fail --show-error --output /media/internal/.developer/com.palm_.app_.mprbeta_1.99.34_all.ipk http://ipkg.preware.org/feeds/precen....99.34_all.ipk 2>&1
    % Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
    102 409 102 409 0 0 89 0 0:00:04 0:00:04 --:--:-- 89
    102 409 102 409 0 0 87 0 0:00:04 0:00:04 --:--:-- 87
    curl: (47) Maximum (50) redirects followed
    Installation issues have nothing to do with the app itself. From the log above, it seems like you're using Preware to install the app. So I'd ask about this error in the Preware thread.

Quick suggestion: the field into which the Twitter-generated PIN is entered should automatically be set for numerical entry (i.e. no need to hit the orange/grey key before entering numbers). {Jonathan}