Page 60 of 88 FirstFirst ... 1050555657585960616263646570 ... LastLast
Results 1,181 to 1,200 of 1753
Like Tree3Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    This is because of the new feature I added where you can specify separate wallpapers for the main app and the mini-player. To re-sync the mini-player's wallpaper to the app's wallpaper, go to the Preferences screen and tap "Use App's Wallpaper" in the new "Mini-Player Wallpaper Options" section (found under the "Aesthetics" tab).
    Just another reason I love this music player so much. Thanks for all of the hard work and great app!
  2.    #1182  
    Quote Originally Posted by mjkjr View Post
    Just another reason I love this music player so much. Thanks for all of the hard work and great app!
    No problem. Several people have asked me for a way to define an all black background for the mini-player. So my solution was to allow separate custom wallpapers for the app and mini-player. I've actually come across a few wallpapers that looked great in app mode, but were not so great in mini-player mode because the bottom half of the wallpaper was sort of dull. So it'll be nice for people to able to completely customize their wallpaper experience.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Twitter: @Hedami
    Global Posts
    582 Global Posts
    the consistent fixes and feature releases of the app conitnue to amaze me. to me this is the best music app i've seen on any platform. this app is one of the VERY few reasons i still have my pre. hp/palm should thank you.. i don't know if it has been mentioned, but have u ever thought about adding the ability to add podcast feeds?
  4.    #1184  
    Quote Originally Posted by d.moss View Post
    the consistent fixes and feature releases of the app conitnue to amaze me. to me this is the best music app i've seen on any platform. this app is one of the VERY few reasons i still have my pre. hp/palm should thank you..
    Thanks a lot! I think HP/Palm should thank all of the active developers that have stuck with the platform. It's a dark time right now with old hardware being phased out and new hardware still nowhere to be seen (outside of Europe). The total number of active webOS users are much lower than what they were, so it's important to support all of the developers that are sticking around. This includes independent developers like myself as well as larger ones like Rovio who are using the PDK to port over their immensely popular titles.

In regards to the consistent new features and fixes in Remix, you guys are basically getting what would have been future app catalog releases. As I wait for webOS 2.0 to be released, I'll just keep trucking along with new features and improvements. And I have plenty more in the planning stages...so it's just beginning!

i don't know if it has been mentioned, but have u ever thought about adding the ability to add podcast feeds?
    No not really. I think there are other alternatives out there that handle podcast feeds well (drPodder, etc.).
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Global Posts
    582 Global Posts
    Thanks a lot! I think HP/Palm should thank all of the active developers that have stuck with the platform. It's a dark time right now with old hardware being phased out and new hardware still nowhere to be seen (outside of Europe). The total number of active webOS users are much lower than what they were, so it's important to support all of the developers that are sticking around. This includes independent developers like myself as well as larger ones like Rovio who are using the PDK to port over their immensely popular titles.

In regards to the consistent new features and fixes in Remix, you guys are basically getting what would have been future app catalog releases. As I wait for webOS 2.0 to be released, I'll just keep trucking along with new features and improvements. And I have plenty more in the planning stages...so it's just beginning!

No not really. I think there are other alternatives out there that handle podcast feeds well (drPodder, etc.).
    yeah.. i currently use drpodder and it's great.. but the only podcasts i listen to are my own (theelements.podbean.com) and a few other music podcasts.. it would be mighty convenient to be able to "just type and call up old podcasts and if i don't feel like listening anymore "just type" and pull up some music all in the same app.. this would be called "magical" in apple world! but i could live without it.. this app is awesome as is.. all the other features you have planned for 2.0 and beyond are just a second helping of ice cream after putting more icing on the cake
  6.    #1186  
    yeah.. i currently use drpodder and it's great.. but the only podcasts i listen to are my own (theelements.podbean.com) and a few other music podcasts.. it would be mighty convenient to be able to "just type and call up old podcasts and if i don't feel like listening anymore "just type" and pull up some music all in the same app.. this would be called "magical" in apple world! but i could live without it.. this app is awesome as is.. all the other features you have planned for 2.0 and beyond are just a second helping of ice cream after putting more icing on the cake
    While I can see how that would be convenient for you, I don't foresee implementing this type of podcast "just type" feature. Podcast downloading just isn't on my roadmap. There are too many other things I'd like to implement and wouldn't have time for that.

Global Posts
    578 Global Posts
    Hi Dan,

do you see a way how we could pay you for the 2.0 version now? I would do this if I could. As I see we will have to wait for WebOs 2.0 from O2 for the end of Q1.

HaPe
  8.    #1188  
    Quote Originally Posted by HaPe View Post
    Hi Dan,

do you see a way how we could pay you for the 2.0 version now? I would do this if I could. As I see we will have to wait for WebOs 2.0 from O2 for the end of Q1.

HaPe
    If you don't have webOS 2.0 yet, then why would you want the 2.0 version?

But anyway, no there's no way to pay for the 2.0 version until I release it in the app catalog.

Global Posts
    578 Global Posts
    If you don't have webOS 2.0 yet, then why would you want the 2.0 version?

But anyway, no there's no way to pay for the 2.0 version until I release it in the app catalog.
    You got me wrong. I offered you to pay for the current beta. As you give us features that you had planned for your app catalog version.
    Also it looks, at least for Germany, as it will take more time until we get Webos 2.0 as expected. So you can not offer the final version and get the money you deserve.

So my idea was to pay now, for what we get actually for free from you, that you get the money now and not when OS2/Palm/HP will make WebOs2.0 available. With the option to get the final version as soon as it is release to the app catalog and we are able to get Webos 2.0 for the current devices.

HaPe
  10.    #1190  
    Quote Originally Posted by HaPe View Post
    You got me wrong. I offered you to pay for the current beta. As you give us features that you had planned for your app catalog version.
    Also it looks, at least for Germany, as it will take more time until we get Webos 2.0 as expected. So you can not offer the final version and get the money you deserve.

So my idea was to pay now, for what we get actually for free from you, that you get the money now and not when OS2/Palm/HP will make WebOs2.0 available. With the option to get the final version as soon as it is release to the app catalog and we are able to get Webos 2.0 for the current devices.

HaPe
    I appreciate the offer, but I'm not charging money for the beta version. The app catalog version will be a paid app.

I understand that maybe certain carriers around the world may not get webOS 2.0 right away, and I'm sorry about that. But I can't sell it individually. I'm only going to be able to sell it within the official app catalog.
    Last edited by DanPLC; 12/15/2010 at 06:23 AM.

I guarantee you will have my money as soon as you offer FLAC support. It is possible, as the crude RockBox port shows, but I HATE a non-touch interface for listening to my music.

Otherwise, awesome App. Thanks!
  12.    #1192  
    Quote Originally Posted by harrisonp View Post
    I guarantee you will have my money as soon as you offer FLAC support. It is possible, as the crude RockBox port shows, but I HATE a non-touch interface for listening to my music.

Otherwise, awesome App. Thanks!
    Well I guess I won't have your money because I won't be adding FLAC support anytime soon.

Here's why:

1) FLAC isn't one of the built-in supported audio formats. The authors of Rockbox built in FLAC support (and a bunch of other audio codecs). So the person(s) who ported Rockbox to webOS had no challenge in adding FLAC support since it was already there. I would have a much larger challenge.

2) But let's say I could snap my fingers and add FLAC playback support in my app. I still wouldn't do it because the webOS media indexer would ignore all FLAC files. It will only list supported files (MP3s, AACs, WAVs, etc.). My app relies on the webOS media indexer to retrieve the list of songs, albums, artists, genres, playlists, etc. on the device. If I add FLAC support, I have to abandon the webOS media indexer and write my own replacement service. I would rather not re-invent the wheel just to add support for an audio format that most people will never use.

So while I appreciate some people like FLAC, most people don't even know what it is, and thus it's not worth the amount of time it would take to add support for it.

So you have 2 choices:

1) Use Rockbox and use that non-touch interface that you "hate".

2) Convert your FLAC files into MP3 or AAC for use on your phone. You'll be able to store many more files on your phone (which has a limited amount of space) and you'll be able to use my app which, dare I say, provides a better music listening experience than Rockbox.

Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
  14.    #1194  
    Thanks a lot for the props! I hope the Engadget folks consider webOS apps in their writeup (if that's what they're planning with this Twitter question).

Thanks for the detailed response. I think FLAC support may be something that I start to bug patchers about, because I don't like encoding multiple copies of my music.

Well I guess I won't have your money because I won't be adding FLAC support anytime soon.

Here's why:

1) FLAC isn't one of the built-in supported audio formats. The authors of Rockbox built in FLAC support (and a bunch of other audio codecs). So the person(s) who ported Rockbox to webOS had no challenge in adding FLAC support since it was already there. I would have a much larger challenge.

2) But let's say I could snap my fingers and add FLAC playback support in my app. I still wouldn't do it because the webOS media indexer would ignore all FLAC files. It will only list supported files (MP3s, AACs, WAVs, etc.). My app relies on the webOS media indexer to retrieve the list of songs, albums, artists, genres, playlists, etc. on the device. If I add FLAC support, I have to abandon the webOS media indexer and write my own replacement service. I would rather not re-invent the wheel just to add support for an audio format that most people will never use.

So while I appreciate some people like FLAC, most people don't even know what it is, and thus it's not worth the amount of time it would take to add support for it.

So you have 2 choices:

1) Use Rockbox and use that non-touch interface that you "hate".

2) Convert your FLAC files into MP3 or AAC for use on your phone. You'll be able to store many more files on your phone (which has a limited amount of space) and you'll be able to use my app which, dare I say, provides a better music listening experience than Rockbox.
  16.    #1196  
    Quote Originally Posted by harrisonp View Post
    Thanks for the detailed response. I think FLAC support may be something that I start to bug patchers about, because I don't like encoding multiple copies of my music.
    I wouldn't like to encode multiple copies either. So you have quite the dilemma!

Patchers are not going to be able to "patch" the system to add this capability. Patching involves modifying the HTML/CSS/Javascript front-end of webOS to add new features. Adding FLAC support to current music apps requires changes to the webOS media indexer and audio subsystems which I assume are written in C or C++ and thus would require source code to be able to potentially patch/modify. Without that source code, you'd have to re-write them from scratch. And that's way beyond patching. That's in-depth software development.

Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    Playlist problems

I have followed the directions you laid out in the FAQ section for making a M3u playlist and it worked but only partially. The problem seems to be with indexing. Some of my songs are just in the main 'music' folder but many of them are in subfolders (for artist, album, etc.) within this same 'music' folder. When I made my playlist and stuck it in this folder, the playlist successfully shows up in the player but only the songs which aren't in subfolders show up. An obvious fix to this would be to take all of the songs out of the subfolders but this seems tedious, plus I kind of like this kind of organization. Is there any other way around this that you know of? Thanks for all of the hard work work, Dan!
  18.    #1198  
    Quote Originally Posted by DocKettel View Post
    Playlist problems

I have followed the directions you laid out in the FAQ section for making a M3u playlist and it worked but only partially. The problem seems to be with indexing. Some of my songs are just in the main 'music' folder but many of them are in subfolders (for artist, album, etc.) within this same 'music' folder. When I made my playlist and stuck it in this folder, the playlist successfully shows up in the player but only the songs which aren't in subfolders show up. An obvious fix to this would be to take all of the songs out of the subfolders but this seems tedious, plus I kind of like this kind of organization. Is there any other way around this that you know of? Thanks for all of the hard work work, Dan!
    I have only tried creating M3U files that reference music files in the same directory. But you can try one of these suggestions to see if they work:

1) subdirectory/file.mp3

2) ./subdirectory/file.mp3

3) //media/internal/music/subdirectory/file.mp3

Let me know if any of these work and I can update the FAQ.

So I live in a non-paid-apps country, and run a Pre 2 with webOS 2.0.1, so I can not get the beta (as it's not supported by Pre 2) and when the supported version arrives, I can not get it either as it's a paid app, which I cannot buy. I would be happy to pay for it, but all these georestrictions give me no choice.

Any way to help guys like me out?
  20.    #1200  
    Quote Originally Posted by psv75 View Post
    So I live in a non-paid-apps country, and run a Pre 2 with webOS 2.0.1, so I can not get the beta (as it's not supported by Pre 2) and when the supported version arrives, I can not get it either as it's a paid app, which I cannot buy. I would be happy to pay for it, but all these georestrictions give me no choice.

Any way to help guys like me out?
    I'm sorry that Palm isn't offering paid apps in your country, but there's really nothing developers can do about that. I'm going to be offering the app in the official catalog, so unfortunately that means only people who can access the catalog will be able to get the release version of the app.

I'm hoping more countries are added in the future. That way more people get to enjoy some of the great apps out there, and developers get a larger user base.