Page 59 of 88 FirstFirst ... 949545556575859606162636469 ... LastLast
Results 1,161 to 1,180 of 1753
Like Tree3Likes
    This may sound redundant considering we'll have quick actions in a few weeks with webOS 2.0, but will there be launcher shortcuts for specific artists, or anything?
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
  2.    #1162  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakeeeee View Post
    This may sound redundant considering we'll have quick actions in a few weeks with webOS 2.0, but will there be launcher shortcuts for specific artists, or anything?
    I only added launcher shortcuts for albums, playlists, flylists, and autolists. I debated doing artists, but I didn't know if it would be necessary. Usually people are into listening a certain playlist or album vs. a whole artist.

But if I get more feedback that this would be a useful feature, I may add it.

So speaking of launcher shortcuts, is anyone using them yet?
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Twitter: @Hedami
    Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    Yes, while browsing your music (either from the Home screen or in universal search), every item has a "+" icon to the left of it. You can tap on the "+" icon to display a menu. One of the selections is "Play after the current song". This will queue up the selected item (which could be a song, album, artist, genre, playlist, or flylist) to play after the currently playing song without disrupting the current playlist.

So let's say you have the following songs in your current playlist:

1) Michael Jackson - Beat It
    2) Madonna - Like a Virgin
    3) Weird Al Yankovic - Eat It
    4) Poison - Every Rose Has Its Thorn
    5) Def Leppard - Pour Some Sugar on Me

And let's say track #2 (Madonna) is playing. And let's say you use universal search to find another song ("In the Air Tonight" by Phil Collins). If you use the "Play after the current song" option, your current playlist would then be as follows:

1) Michael Jackson - Beat It
    2) Madonna - Like a Virgin
    3) Phil Collins - In the Air Tonight
    4) Weird Al Yankovic - Eat It
    5) Poison - Every Rose Has Its Thorn
    6) Def Leppard - Pour Some Sugar on Me
    Nice selection of 80's songs you've got there...:-)
  4.    #1164  
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamcatcher View Post
    Nice selection of 80's songs you've got there...:-)
    Yeah I did that on purpose.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

I only added launcher shortcuts for albums, playlists, flylists, and autolists. I debated doing artists, but I didn't know if it would be necessary. Usually people are into listening a certain playlist or album vs. a whole artist.

But if I get more feedback that this would be a useful feature, I may add it.

So speaking of launcher shortcuts, is anyone using them yet?
    I have a shortcut to a playlist on my launcher. It'll come in handy.

-- Sent from my Palm Pixi using Forums Beta
  6.    #1166  
    Quote Originally Posted by wushu2004 View Post
    I have a shortcut to a playlist on my launcher. It'll come in handy.

-- Sent from my Palm Pixi using Forums Beta
    Very good!

Global Posts
    926 Global Posts
    For some reason after the last update it installed a second icon that does not work and will not delete. Any ideas?
  8.    #1168  
    Quote Originally Posted by Freshyz View Post
    For some reason after the last update it installed a second icon that does not work and will not delete. Any ideas?
    Do both icons say "Music (Remix)"? If so, it sounds like you have something wrong on your device. Have you installed any patches or kernels recently? Have you tried removing the app (by holding the Orange/Gray key and tapping on the icon)? If so, what happens?

Global Posts
    926 Global Posts
    They both just say 'music' because I renamed all my apps to only use up one line but they're the same icon. Actually now they both work but the new one won't delete. (Orng+icon)
    Been running 1g Uber and newest patches would be 'color morphing' and 'smaller bookmarks'..
  10.    #1170  
    They both just say 'music' because I renamed all my apps to only use up one line but they're the same icon. Actually now they both work but the new one won't delete. (Orng+icon)
    Been running 1g Uber and newest patches would be 'color morphing' and 'smaller bookmarks'..
    I'm sure some of the changes you're making (renaming icons, patches, etc.) has something to do with this duplicate icon showing up.

The only duplicate icons that my app creates are launcher shortcuts for albums, playlists, flylists, etc. But they're created by you (the user) going to the app menu and selecting an option to create it. I'm not sure what would happen if you tried to rename one of those icons.

Global Posts
    926 Global Posts
    Okay, good to know.
    Not a huge deal because it still works great. I plan to doctor in the near future before 2.0 comes out so I'll leave titles as is after that..
    Great additions recently btw!
  12.    #1172  
    Okay, good to know.
    Not a huge deal because it still works great. I plan to doctor in the near future before 2.0 comes out so I'll leave titles as is after that..
    Yeah a doctor probably isn't a bad idea.

Great additions recently btw!
    Thanks!

you need to get a super awesomely designed logo to match your super awesomely made app.
    Palm m105 >> Zire 72SE >> AT&T Pre Plus >> Pre 2 (cracked)>>HP Veer/Pre 2>>Touchpad>>Pre 3...and I'm only 17 years old! (My own savings)
    Check the "Known Issues" list (in the first post of this thread).
    Ooh I see it now! I'd read about features for webOS 2.0 in your app description so it hadn't crossed my mind that my OS was the problem. Had overlooked this item of the known issues too. Sorry about that, thanks for pointing it out for me. Can't wait for the catalog release then!
    Your typical end-user with no programming knowledge whatsoever but loves to try things out and see what happens with an uncanny ability to dig out bugs if there are any to be found
  15.    #1175  
    Quote Originally Posted by Editor02 View Post
    you need to get a super awesomely designed logo to match your super awesomely made app.
    Yeah I wish I had graphic design skills. The logo, which I assume would be used on my website or other promotional materials, would probably include a larger depiction of the app's icon.

16.    #1176  
    Quote Originally Posted by hteddyb View Post
    Ooh I see it now! I'd read about features for webOS 2.0 in your app description so it hadn't crossed my mind that my OS was the problem. Had overlooked this item of the known issues too. Sorry about that, thanks for pointing it out for me. Can't wait for the catalog release then!
    Yep in addition to the webOS 2.0 specific features, and some additional features like Autolists, the private beta is built to support the behind-the-scenes changes in webOS 2.0. So there are actually quite a few code changes between the public and private beta builds in support of these under-the-hood webOS changes.

17.    #1177  
    Version 1.99.34 has been uploaded to PreCentral and has some cool new features including a re-vamped Discovery screen and more customization options on the Preferences screen.

Here is the complete changelog:

- Both Twitter and Facebook song posts will appear on the Discovery screen. Previously only Twitter posts appeared.

- Amount of time since post appears below the user thumbnail on the Discovery screen.

- Extend the width of the information on the Discovery screen when the device is in landscape orientation.

- Bug Fix: Some of the Twitter user thumbnails were showing up as huge images on the Discovery screen.

- Allow the user to customize the mini-player’s wallpaper separately from the main app’s wallpaper.

- Add an option on the Preferences screen to change the behavior of swiping so that it immediately changes tracks instead of previewing them (i.e. to act like the old homebrew version of the app).

- Add the ability to change songs on the Lyrics screen by swiping the screen.

- Bug Fix: When adding a new flylist or changing a flylist’s name, do not trigger the music controls when the @/0, space bar, or period keys are pressed.

- Remove the duplicate "fine-tuned controls" blurb in the Hidden Features help section.

- Fix visual flaws in the "play all" icon.

Version 1.99.34 has been uploaded to PreCentral and has some cool new features including a re-vamped Discovery screen and more customization options on the Preferences screen.

Here is the complete changelog:

- Both Twitter and Facebook song posts will appear on the Discovery screen. Previously only Twitter posts appeared.

- Amount of time since post appears below the user thumbnail on the Discovery screen.

- Extend the width of the information on the Discovery screen when the device is in landscape orientation.

- Bug Fix: Some of the Twitter user thumbnails were showing up as huge images on the Discovery screen.

- Allow the user to customize the mini-player’s wallpaper separately from the main app’s wallpaper.

- Add an option on the Preferences screen to change the behavior of swiping so that it immediately changes tracks instead of previewing them (i.e. to act like the old homebrew version of the app).

- Add the ability to change songs on the Lyrics screen by swiping the screen.

- Bug Fix: When adding a new flylist or changing a flylist’s name, do not trigger the music controls when the @/0, space bar, or period keys are pressed.

- Remove the duplicate "fine-tuned controls" blurb in the Hidden Features help section.

- Fix visual flaws in the "play all" icon.
    thanks one more time... Every update make perfect the app...
    after the latest update my miniplayer background wallpaper is the default wallpaper but in the full player my custom wallpaper still shows up
    THE CHAMP IS HERE!!
  20.    #1180  
    Quote Originally Posted by mksand28 View Post
    after the latest update my miniplayer background wallpaper is the default wallpaper but in the full player my custom wallpaper still shows up
    This is because of the new feature I added where you can specify separate wallpapers for the main app and the mini-player. To re-sync the mini-player's wallpaper to the app's wallpaper, go to the Preferences screen and tap "Use App's Wallpaper" in the new "Mini-Player Wallpaper Options" section (found under the "Aesthetics" tab).