Page 58 of 88 FirstFirst ... 848535455565758596061626368 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,160 of 1753
Like Tree3Likes
  1.    #1141  
    Quote Originally Posted by malpha View Post
    If I may put in a suggestion, perhaps a move of some of the top functions to the bottom. As it is if I want to post to Twitter, I have to hit the button at the top and then a menu pops up from the bottom and I have to be keen to hit the twitter option instead of the fave it or facebook option. I really hate things that are centered at the top (I've complained about this at length with some Twitter clients)
    I've settled on the design of the Now Playing screen, so no I'm not going to do any major user interface re-designs at this stage. Many people have told me they love the app's design, but I'm sure some people would design it differently. I'm not going to be able please everyone, but the idea is to make it work well for most people.

    Quote Originally Posted by malpha View Post
    which reminds me, have you given any thought to gesture options? The forward gesture isn't mapped to anything currently, it could be used as a shortcut to a scene.
    I'm not sure what you mean by "shortcut to a scene". Can you elaborate? I haven't put too much thought into the use of the forward gesture, but I suppose a good use for it might be to quickly go back to the Now Playing screen.

    Quote Originally Posted by malpha View Post
    The tiny options are kind of a problem on the main screen as well, tbh...I don't use the favorites option because I don't really like the way it functions (it plays everything you ever faved instead of just the favorite thing you clicked on), so it takes up a large amount of screen space that could used for bigger buttons for albums/playlists/etc. I suppose I'm meant to make use of the just type search functionality, but this doesn't work so well in the car on the touchstone. I mean, I understand you have a lot of things in the app, so I guess space is at a premium, but maybe rearranging and resizing?
    The tiny options at the top of the Home screen are probably not things people will toggle too often. The only one that could be used fairly often is the sleep timer, but I imagine this would be used at home when sleeping (as opposed to in the car while driving), so it shouldn't be too hard to hit the icon.

    While there have been a few people who have expected Faves to behave in the way you're desiring, it has also been one of the more popular features in the app, so it's here to stay (I know I use it myself quite often).

    But even if it doesn't behave in the way you're desiring, I still think it can be useful to you. For instance, if you save an album to the Faves list. You can still tap the album to listen to it. When it finishes and starts playing the next item in the Faves list, just pause the music and go back to the Home screen (or use universal search) to find something else to play.

    The only thing you can't do is to shuffle an individual item on the Faves list and that I understand being an issue. And I still plan on re-visiting Faves to provide an option to have it behave in the way you and others have asked for. I just haven't gotten around to it yet.

    Quote Originally Posted by malpha View Post
    (things like portrait lock, screen lock could easily be moved to the menu
    I specifically put these preference options on the Home screen because I knew people would change these options based upon what's going on during the day. So I wanted it to be convenient for them to access the options.

    Quote Originally Posted by malpha View Post
    and I'm not sure why there's a dedicated help button that leads to the exact same thing you can get to in the menu...?)
    I have found that people sometimes don't bother looking at the Help screen in the app menu...or they don't even know it's there. I have a lot of really good resources on this screen, so by putting the "?" on each screen, it encourages them to explore the Help screen.
    Last edited by DanPLC; 12/07/2010 at 11:34 AM.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

    Twitter: @Hedami
  2. #1142  
    I mean, yeah it works and well, the stock player kind of doesn't so it's hard to be displeased or anything, it could just, you know, use some usability polish and efficiency, that's all. I just started trying it out because it toggles to last.fm, so these are my first experiences testing the app.

    I'm not sure what you mean by "shortcut to a scene". Can you elaborate? I haven't put too much thought into the use of the forward gesture, but I suppose a good use for it might be to quickly go back to the Now Playing screen.
    Yes, so you don't have to swipe across the top from left to right.

    The tiny options at the top of the Home screen are probably not things people will toggle too often.

    I specifically put these preference options on the Home screen because I knew people would change these options based upon what's going on during the day. So I wanted it to be convenient for them to access the options.
    Well, this is a conflict, isn't it? You say that options at the top aren't things people would toggle often, but then you want it to be convenient to access the options. But if they aren't going to toggle it often, how hard is a menu switch? Personally, I clicked the lock on and haven't touched it since.

    The only thing you can't do is to shuffle an individual item on the Faves list and that I understand being an issue. And I still plan on re-visiting Faves to provide an option to have it behave in the way you and others have asked for. I just haven't gotten around to it yet.
    Yeah, I generally listen to playlists on shuffle mode, so the current behavior doesn't work for me. I mean, I don't think it should be erased completely, but rather suggesting that the behavior was reworked.

    As for the help point, well, the preferences are in the app menu as well so it's hard to miss unless you just forgot that apps have menus, but eh, that's people for you.
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
  3.    #1143  
    Quote Originally Posted by malpha View Post
    I mean, yeah it works and well, the stock player kind of doesn't so it's hard to be displeased or anything, it could just, you know, use some usability polish and efficiency, that's all. I just started trying it out because it toggles to last.fm, so these are my first experiences testing the app.
    That's your opinion. I've received feedback from others that the app's new user interface is one of the best things they like about it. So who do I believe? In the end I have to realize I put a lot of thought into the new design and that's what I'll stick with.

    By the way, I posted a poll in the Hedami developer thread (http://forums.precentral.net/hedami/...0-feature.html) asking people what their favorite new feature was and the UI was the top pick.

    Quote Originally Posted by malpha View Post
    Yes, so you don't have to swipe across the top from left to right.
    Do you mean having to swipe "right to left" at the top to go back to the Home screen? I'm not sure a forward gesture would be intuitive for going "back" to the Home screen. That's why I chose to create a 2nd gesture area at the top of the screen for going back all the way to the Home screen from wherever you are in the app.

    Quote Originally Posted by malpha View Post
    Well, this is a conflict, isn't it? You say that options at the top aren't things people would toggle often, but then you want it to be convenient to access the options. But if they aren't going to toggle it often, how hard is a menu switch? Personally, I clicked the lock on and haven't touched it since.
    For you they may be one-time settings, but I think there are other people who would be changing them more often based upon certain conditions. For instance, someone may leave orientation unlocked, but then lock it when they go jogging and have their phones in their pockets. So they may not be useful to you, but they may be useful to other people. Again, I can't build a single app that will be perfectly designed for every single person. As an app creator, I have to design it in the way I think will fit the most people.

    Quote Originally Posted by malpha View Post
    Yeah, I generally listen to playlists on shuffle mode, so the current behavior doesn't work for me. I mean, I don't think it should be erased completely, but rather suggesting that the behavior was reworked.
    I'll work on a way to provide an option to change the behavior, but the current behavior will not be completely removed because I think some people will prefer to use the Faves list as a flylist pinned to the home screen. In that poll I mentioned earlier, the 3rd favorite feature was Faves. So obviously there are people out there that like the current behavior.

    Quote Originally Posted by malpha View Post
    As for the help point, well, the preferences are in the app menu as well so it's hard to miss unless you just forgot that apps have menus, but eh, that's people for you.
    If I had room to include a Preferences icon, I would have. But I only have room for one icon and Help is the higher priority one. Some people really don't know (or care) about the Help screen in the app menu. If I get more people looking at the Help screen because of the "?", then it's a success.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

    Twitter: @Hedami
  4. #1144  
    Well, I don't think the forward gesture to go to now playing or the home screen is any less intuitive than creating a second gesture area so you can swipe across the top screen...it's not something I'd ever discovered unless I read the instructions, whereas since people often use the gesture area, the discoverability is easier. I mean, obviously, yes it's ~me~ and generally, I use a different app, but I was just throwing the suggestions out there because they were a couple of frustrations and unexpected behavior I had from trying this app out.
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
  5.    #1145  
    Quote Originally Posted by malpha View Post
    Well, I don't think the forward gesture to go to now playing or the home screen is any less intuitive than creating a second gesture area so you can swipe across the top screen...it's not something I'd ever discovered unless I read the instructions, whereas since people often use the gesture area, the discoverability is easier. I mean, obviously, yes it's ~me~ and generally, I use a different app, but I was just throwing the suggestions out there because they were a couple of frustrations and unexpected behavior I had from trying this app out.
    If someone picked up a Pre for the first time, would they know that swiping right-to-left underneath the screen goes back? Probably not. So how do they figure it out? By reading about it either in the instructions or online.

    This is why I include a "Hidden Features" section on the Help screen, as well as a Video Tutorial/Guide section where new users can learn about some of the innovative changes I've made. When I created this app, I could have made it like every other webOS app, but sometimes doing things differently results in true innovation. WebOS is innovative because it did things differently (cards, notifications, etc.) and hopefully the same is true for this app. Change is what drives progress.

    I appreciate suggestions and many of the features in the app originated from this type of feedback. However there will be certain things I won't budge on including the app's visual design elements that I put a lot of thought into.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

    Twitter: @Hedami
  6. #1146  
    I really love this app and I think the UI is damn near perfect. The new discover feature is pretty awesome too. There is a few things that I think would be nice to add. Being able to copy the song lyrics, have wikipedia open up an app, and being able to add album art. Being able to copy lyrics would be the best addition, in my opinion.

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums Beta
    PSN: StuntmanMark
    Twitter: @StuntmanMark


    The Name: http://is.gd/nxnbhK
  7.    #1147  
    Quote Originally Posted by StuntmanMark View Post
    I really love this app and I think the UI is damn near perfect. The new discover feature is pretty awesome too. There is a few things that I think would be nice to add. Being able to copy the song lyrics, have wikipedia open up an app, and being able to add album art. Being able to copy lyrics would be the best addition, in my opinion.

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums Beta
    Well the "copy lyrics" feature will be in there. I've discussed the album art feature before. You can search this thread for "album art" or check out the FAQ on the app's help screen for why I think doing it on the computer is better (and easier).

    As I mentioned before, I can't open up a Wikipedia app if they don't support launch parameters. It's just not possible.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

    Twitter: @Hedami
  8. #1148  
    Firstly, Thank you for ALL of you hard work on Music Player (Remix) the community appreciates you, and the app greatly.

    I've followed the community for years.. treo600 days.. and it appears the best days are still ahead for the new palm products. The reason I've written is only to make a small suggestion. Your only competition, has been Nanplayer. Who you've one-upped with the twitter option (send now playing songs, and even BETTER - the discovery option ) . Congrats.. you're currently king. People like pictures, aka album art. If there is anyway, to make the album art bigger. Take in account, nanplayer, windows media player, even the dreaded popularity of the "I" things, lol. Huge album art appears to be most peoples preference. Some like to go to the extent of the controls with the picture, others go full background with the album art. Bigger in the picture department is better.

    Keep working.. keep striving, thanks for the time.

    Love musicplayer remix 2.0 - I will be a paying customer when you let me!

    -I approve this message-
  9.    #1149  
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark3nough View Post
    Firstly, Thank you for ALL of you hard work on Music Player (Remix) the community appreciates you, and the app greatly.
    You're welcome!

    Quote Originally Posted by Dark3nough View Post
    People like pictures, aka album art. If there is anyway, to make the album art bigger. Take in account, nanplayer, windows media player, even the dreaded popularity of the "I" things, lol. Huge album art appears to be most peoples preference.
    Is it most people's preference? I'm not so sure about that. One of the most well-received features within the app has always been its wallpaper customization. People seem to really like being able to set their wallpapers. Now of course I could have wallpaper customization on every other screen but the Now Playing screen and implement a larger album-art view. I played with multiple layouts when designing the screen and this is one I considered; however the problem is that it leaves you very little space for your controls and other information.

    So the design I came up with has larger album art (than I had in the previous version of the app), but also provides finger-friendly tap areas for controls and an on-screen scrubber bar (which has always been a popular feature).

    But I agree that there are people that like larger album art. So I will be thinking of ways to implement an alternate view on the Now Playing screen. I just have to think of the best way to do it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dark3nough View Post
    -I approve this message-
    I hope you do...you wrote it!
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

    Twitter: @Hedami
  10.    #1150  
    Derek just posted a great article on the PreCentral home page talking about some of the new features in Music Player (Remix). Go check it out!

    Of course anyone following this thread already knows about all these features, but still I thought I'd give a little plug for it. It's not everyday you make it on the PreCentral home page!
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

    Twitter: @Hedami
  11. #1151  
    there is any way when i search a song, after that song play the songs in my library? ...
  12.    #1152  
    Quote Originally Posted by SISGO View Post
    there is any way when i search a song, after that song play the songs in my library? ...
    I'm sorry I'm not understanding the question...can you elaborate?
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

    Twitter: @Hedami
  13. #1153  
    when i search a song from a specific artist lets say jayz and start playing there is any way to keep playing the next song in ur library.... and not from that artist only?...
  14.    #1154  
    Quote Originally Posted by SISGO View Post
    when i search a song from a specific artist lets say jayz and start playing there is any way to keep playing the next song in ur library.... and not from that artist only?...
    Yes, while browsing your music (either from the Home screen or in universal search), every item has a "+" icon to the left of it. You can tap on the "+" icon to display a menu. One of the selections is "Play after the current song". This will queue up the selected item (which could be a song, album, artist, genre, playlist, or flylist) to play after the currently playing song without disrupting the current playlist.

    So let's say you have the following songs in your current playlist:

    1) Michael Jackson - Beat It
    2) Madonna - Like a Virgin
    3) Weird Al Yankovic - Eat It
    4) Poison - Every Rose Has Its Thorn
    5) Def Leppard - Pour Some Sugar on Me

    And let's say track #2 (Madonna) is playing. And let's say you use universal search to find another song ("In the Air Tonight" by Phil Collins). If you use the "Play after the current song" option, your current playlist would then be as follows:

    1) Michael Jackson - Beat It
    2) Madonna - Like a Virgin
    3) Phil Collins - In the Air Tonight
    4) Weird Al Yankovic - Eat It
    5) Poison - Every Rose Has Its Thorn
    6) Def Leppard - Pour Some Sugar on Me
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

    Twitter: @Hedami
  15. #1155  
    Hello everyone! I keep reading posts raving about this fantastic app but I've been unable to enjoy it myself. I own a French SFR Pre 2 running webOS 2.0.0.70, with Music Player Remix 1.99.33 installed from Preware. The player installs and launches fine, and I seem to be able to navigate through all the menus and screens, but there is no music to be found anywhere. None of my music files show, wheareas they do show in the stock player. Any idea what I might be doing wrong or missing out?
    Your typical end-user with no programming knowledge whatsoever but loves to try things out and see what happens with an uncanny ability to dig out bugs if there are any to be found
  16.    #1156  
    Quote Originally Posted by hteddyb View Post
    Hello everyone! I keep reading posts raving about this fantastic app but I've been unable to enjoy it myself. I own a French SFR Pre 2 running webOS 2.0.0.70, with Music Player Remix 1.99.33 installed from Preware. The player installs and launches fine, and I seem to be able to navigate through all the menus and screens, but there is no music to be found anywhere. None of my music files show, wheareas they do show in the stock player. Any idea what I might be doing wrong or missing out?
    Check the "Known Issues" list (in the first post of this thread).
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

    Twitter: @Hedami
  17. #1157  
    Saw a little error. In the Hidden Features menu, fine-tuned music controls is listed twice.

    Just my OCD talking
  18.    #1158  
    Quote Originally Posted by wushu2004 View Post
    Saw a little error. In the Hidden Features menu, fine-tuned music controls is listed twice.

    Just my OCD talking
    Yeah I noticed it too...it's already fixed in the next public beta.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

    Twitter: @Hedami
  19. #1159  
    trying to find those easter eggs lol got the last one, that was easy...i must be tired
    THE CHAMP IS HERE!!
  20.    #1160  
    Quote Originally Posted by mksand28 View Post
    trying to find those easter eggs lol got the last one, that was easy...i must be tired
    These are actually the same easter eggs found in the original homebrew version of the app. I plan on adding new ones in the future.

    I assume you found the hints for the easter eggs on the Hidden Features screen. The hints are basically word puzzles. Just pay attention to what I'm saying and how I typed it.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

    Twitter: @Hedami

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions