Page 57 of 88 FirstFirst ... 747525354555657585960616267 ... LastLast
Results 1,121 to 1,140 of 1753
Like Tree3Likes
  1.    #1121  
    Quote Originally Posted by Psychonaut View Post
    Discovery is my favorite of the new features, as I'm sure many others will say too. Would it be overkill for you to create a twitter account specifically for Remix and have the tweets sent out from Remix link to it (to better spread the word)? Thanks for the awesome new features!
    I'm glad you like Discovery...it was an "ah hah" moment a few days ago when I realized that people would probably really like to hear what everyone is listening to.

To be able to post to Twitter from the app, the person using the app must know the username and password of the account. So if I were to create a global "Remix" account, I'd have to give everybody the username and password. As you can imagine, this wouldn't be a great idea.

But I think just having people post their songs on Twitter and Facebook which references the name of the app is a pretty good way to get the word out there.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Twitter: @Hedami
    Yep, it's a sound decision. Obviously affected by popularity, especially due to Youtube, but when you listen to music recommend by Pandora, which has a penchant for playing bands that released one unheard amazing album five years ago and broke up, you kinda get used to it...I think most people will appreciate it. Thank you.

ETA: As for the twitter account thing, you can add a custom search on your own to search for Music Player (Remix) tweets. This would probably be easier if Dan had more of a hashtag type thing going on instead of the name of the whole app (people should just use twitter clients that show what people are tweeting from in the timeline...you know, not TweetMe ). But using "nowplaying music player (remix)" works, too.
    Last edited by malpha; 12/06/2010 at 11:42 PM.
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
    Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    I'm glad you like Discovery...it was an "ah hah" moment a few days ago when I realized that people would probably really like to hear what everyone is listening to.
    I'm sure it was a great moment. Truly fabulous idea.

To be able to post to Twitter from the app, the person using the app must know the username and password of the account. So if I were to create a global "Remix" account, I'd have to give everybody the username and password. As you can imagine, this wouldn't be a great idea.

But I think just having people post their songs on Twitter and Facebook which references the name of the app is a pretty good way to get the word out there.
    I don't think I explained well enough. Currently the tweets read:

♫ #NowPlaying 'Southern Belles in London Sing' by The Faint on Music Player (Remix) YouTube - Southern Bells in London Sing
    What I'm proposing is that it instead say:

♫ #NowPlaying 'Southern Belles in London Sing' by The Faint on @MusicPlayer(Remix) YouTube - Southern Bells in London Sing
    so that the "@MusicPlayer(Remix)" (or whatever) is clickable, and leads to another twitter account that you control. You don't really have to tweet from it, maybe just drop us hints of updates . In that Twitter account's bio you can link your other apps and stuff... I dunno...
    Well, if he did do that, he could set up a bot that has @MusicPlayerRemix officially retweet every #NowPlaying tweet sent, that way you could add an "official" song retweeter if you hate your timeline that much.
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
    Global Posts
    775 Global Posts
    The "return to main card" icon is found on the Progress Bar module, not the Music Control module.

I just tried tapping on the Music Player (Remix) icon in the Launcher while the app was minimized and it didn't stop playing the current song. Did you tap "Resume Play" after the main card loaded back up? This would have resulted in the behavior you witnessed.
    I'll give the Progress Bar module a shot. I use Mode Switcher to launch MPR when ever it detects my Stereo Bluetooth Headset or a wired headset connected, there for I have MPR set to Resume Play when launched.

I probably will not use the minimize icon, and only tried it after it was moved to the old Home position.

You have truly created a most amazing music player.
    Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.

Palm III -> Palm V -> Viewsonic Pocket PC V36 -> Treo 650 -> Samsung i760 ->
    Palm Pre Plus -> Palm Pre 2 > Samsung Galaxy Nexus & HP TouchPad

Android 4.1 - Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    CM9 Alpha 2 Official Nightly w/WebCM9 0.4 - HP TouchPad

Twitter: @noseph47
  6.    #1126  
    Quote Originally Posted by noseph View Post
    I probably will not use the minimize icon, and only tried it after it was moved to the old Home position.
    There are probably two situations I see people using it for:

1) People like seeing their phone's wallpaper and if the music app is all they're using, they may want to minimize it and see the wallpaper. Even though the app lets you set its wallpaper, some people may want to see complete, unaltered wallpaper.

2) People want to run the app with a very small footprint (low memory usage). This is especially important on original Pres and Pixis when you're either running lots of apps or you're running a 3D game.

Quote Originally Posted by noseph View Post
    You have truly created a most amazing music player.
    Thanks!
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

7.    #1127  
    Quote Originally Posted by Psychonaut View Post
    I'm sure it was a great moment. Truly fabulous idea.

I don't think I explained well enough. Currently the tweets read:

What I'm proposing is that it instead say:

so that the "@MusicPlayer(Remix)" (or whatever) is clickable, and leads to another twitter account that you control. You don't really have to tweet from it, maybe just drop us hints of updates . In that Twitter account's bio you can link your other apps and stuff... I dunno...
    I see what you're saying now. It's a good idea; however I already have an account for that (@Hedami). While it would be good to be able to link to an account from within each song tweet, I would hate to have to maintain two accounts that essentially have the same purpose.

But I'll definitely think about it.

There are probably two situations I see people using it for:

1) People like seeing their phone's wallpaper and if the music app is all they're using, they may want to minimize it and see the wallpaper. Even though the app lets you set its wallpaper, some people may want to see complete, unaltered wallpaper.

2) People want to run the app with a very small footprint (low memory usage). This is especially important on original Pres and Pixis when you're either running lots of apps or you're running a 3D game.

Thanks!
    I always run it minimized.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
    Also I'm not sure if anyone's noticed...or if it's just me....but the 'Play' button at the bottom seems to have some little lines around it...not sure..

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j2...emp-0jpg-2.jpg

Sorry about quality
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
  10.    #1130  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakeeeee View Post
    Also I'm not sure if anyone's noticed...or if it's just me....but the 'Play' button at the bottom seems to have some little lines around it...not sure..

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j2...emp-0jpg-2.jpg

Sorry about quality
    Wow you have a good eye...I would have never seen that. I'll edit the icon and remove the lines.

It seems to be a function of the background color. You'd never really notice it with the default background.
    Down with the BourgeoisOS oppressors, webOS users unite!
  12.    #1132  
    To learn more about the new "Discovery" feature, you can view this demonstration video:

A video demonstrating Quick Shortcuts is being uploaded right now. I'll post the link when it's available.

I tryied to use Music Player (Remix) 2.0 Beta with Pre 2 (WebOS 2.0) but it is not working (no files, artists, albums etc are found)
    Sorry I do not wanna read 57 pages of this thread... So the question is simple does Music Player (Remix) 2.0 Beta works with WebOs 2.0?
    Don't look for solution - look for EXIT!
    My Palm Pre 2 and TouchPad 32GB are waiting for useful updates and enhancements
  14.    #1134  
    Quote Originally Posted by Pelcu View Post
    I tryied to use Music Player (Remix) 2.0 Beta with Pre 2 (WebOS 2.0) but it is not working (no files, artists, albums etc are found)
    Sorry I do not wanna read 57 pages of this thread... So the question is simple does Music Player (Remix) 2.0 Beta works with WebOs 2.0?
    The media indexer API used by music apps has changed in webOS 2.0. So no, the public beta version will not work in webOS 2.0. The private beta version that will be submitted to the app catalog works in webOS 2.0. So unfortunately Pre 2 users will have to wait until I submit the app to the catalog which will be after Palm distributes the OTA update for webOS 2.0.

15.    #1135  
    Here's the video demonstrating the new "Quick Shortcuts" feature:

I'm digging the Discovery feature... it's too bad there isn't a viable way to include a Facebook feature as well.

It continues to amaze me how you are able to improve the app even after I have thought it was already perfect. haha
    Follow me on teh Twitterz
  17.    #1137  
    Quote Originally Posted by Spader View Post
    I'm digging the Discovery feature... it's too bad there isn't a viable way to include a Facebook feature as well.
    Actually I just tried out a search query with the Facebook API and several Music Player (Remix) posts have popped up. So it appears some people are posting songs with "public" permissions. So I should be able to add Facebook posts to Discovery. So keep an eye out for an update!

Quote Originally Posted by Spader View Post
    It continues to amaze me how you are able to improve the app even after I have thought it was already perfect. haha
    I'm always trying to come up with ways to make using the app more fun and enjoyable to use. So don't be surprised if there are more features added before the app catalog release.

First off, great music player. I love all the features. I was just wondering though, I'm someone who likes to really see the album art and I feel the image is kind of small. Is there an easy way to implement a full screen view when listening to music or something of that nature? I think that would be cool.
  19.    #1139  
    Quote Originally Posted by jsgraphicart View Post
    First off, great music player. I love all the features. I was just wondering though, I'm someone who likes to really see the album art and I feel the image is kind of small. Is there an easy way to implement a full screen view when listening to music or something of that nature? I think that would be cool.
    I have thought about another display mode for the Now Playing screen. So it's something I'm considering.

I have thought about another display mode for the Now Playing screen. So it's something I'm considering.
    If I may put in a suggestion, perhaps a move of some of the top functions to the bottom. As it is if I want to post to Twitter, I have to hit the button at the top and then a menu pops up from the bottom and I have to be keen to hit the twitter option instead of the fave it or facebook option. I really hate things that are centered at the top (I've complained about this at length with some Twitter clients), which reminds me, have you given any thought to gesture options? The forward gesture isn't mapped to anything currently, it could be used as a shortcut to a scene.

The tiny options are kind of a problem on the main screen as well, tbh...I don't use the favorites option because I don't really like the way it functions (it plays everything you ever faved instead of just the favorite thing you clicked on), so it takes up a large amount of screen space that could used for bigger buttons for albums/playlists/etc. I suppose I'm meant to make use of the just type search functionality, but this doesn't work so well in the car on the touchstone. I mean, I understand you have a lot of things in the app, so I guess space is at a premium, but maybe rearranging and resizing? This may require moving some things and making more use of preferences (things like portrait lock, screen lock could easily be moved to the menu and I'm not sure why there's a dedicated help button that leads to the exact same thing you can get to in the menu...?). Not trying to dictate your app or anything, these are just things I noticed in my usage and I write about them in this way, I hope it's not too aggressive or anything.
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM