Page 56 of 88 FirstFirst ... 646515253545556575859606166 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,120 of 1753
Like Tree3Likes
    Global Posts
    775 Global Posts
    When I tap the MPR icon it only brings up Mini-Player Module. I only have the Music Control Module enabled. If I relaunch the app it stops playing the current song and starts playing the song that first played when I initially launched MPR earlier.

I am running MPR 1.99.31.
    Last edited by noseph; 12/06/2010 at 09:16 AM. Reason: added version
    Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.

Palm III -> Palm V -> Viewsonic Pocket PC V36 -> Treo 650 -> Samsung i760 ->
    Palm Pre Plus -> Palm Pre 2 > Samsung Galaxy Nexus & HP TouchPad

Android 4.1 - Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    CM9 Alpha 2 Official Nightly w/WebCM9 0.4 - HP TouchPad

Twitter: @noseph47
  2.    #1102  
    Quote Originally Posted by noseph View Post
    When I tap the MPR icon it only brings up Mini-Player Module. I only have the Music Control Module enabled. If I relaunch the app it stops playing the current song and starts playing the song that first played when I initially launched MPR earlier.

I am running MPR 1.99.31.
    The "return to main card" icon is found on the Progress Bar module, not the Music Control module.

I just tried tapping on the Music Player (Remix) icon in the Launcher while the app was minimized and it didn't stop playing the current song. Did you tap "Resume Play" after the main card loaded back up? This would have resulted in the behavior you witnessed.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Twitter: @Hedami
    Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    The "return to main card" icon is found on the Progress Bar module, not the Music Control module.

I just tried tapping on the Music Player (Remix) icon in the Launcher while the app was minimized and it didn't stop playing the current song. Did you tap "Resume Play" after the main card loaded back up? This would have resulted in the behavior you witnessed.
    Yeah, that's happened to me. Any way it can detect there's a nofication module running and say Now Playing or just go to the Now Playing screen?

I found that if you click any of the menu items, then the next screen will show Now Playing instead of Resume Play a previous session.
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
  4.    #1104  
    Quote Originally Posted by malpha View Post
    Yeah, that's happened to me. Any way it can detect there's a nofication module running and say Now Playing or just go to the Now Playing screen?

I found that if you click any of the menu items, then the next screen will show Now Playing instead of Resume Play a previous session.
    You're correct...that's what it should do. I have this on my fix-it list.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

why when i try using some light or white wallpaper the music player dark my wallpaper?
  6.    #1106  
    Quote Originally Posted by SISGO View Post
    why when i try using some light or white wallpaper the music player dark my wallpaper?
    I redesigned the app to add a tinting effect (the semi-transparent overlays) to the wallpaper so that all types of wallpapers could be used. In the original version of the app, only very light or very dark wallpapers could be used since there were no semi-transparent overlays. If you used anything in between, the text strings were very difficult to read. But now pretty much any wallpaper will look good with the text strings.

Also, it's the look I wanted to go with in the app. You'll notice all the screens have some of the un-tinted wallpaper shining through. I think it provides a nice visual effect.

Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    I redesigned the app to add a tinting effect (the semi-transparent overlays) to the wallpaper so that all types of wallpapers could be used. In the original version of the app, only very light or very dark wallpapers could be used since there were no semi-transparent overlays. If you used anything in between, the text strings were very difficult to read. But now pretty much any wallpaper will look good with the text strings.

Also, it's the look I wanted to go with in the app. You'll notice all the screens have some of the un-tinted wallpaper shining through. I think it provides a nice visual effect.
    yeah you are right in that in any wallpaper i use is easy to dont get confuse with it , now i understand the why of the tinting effect ... im loving this app.. thanks!
    sorry one more question there is any way to make the M.P. splash with my own wallpaper?
  9.    #1109  
    Quote Originally Posted by SISGO View Post
    sorry one more question there is any way to make the M.P. splash with my own wallpaper?
    Awhile ago I tried to get it to use the user-defined wallpaper as the splash image; however I found that you couldn't set images outside of the app's directory as the splash image. So no, I don't think there's a way to do it. But if I'm wrong and someone knows of a way to do it, please let me know.

If you can speed up the screen transition from pressing the Resume Play button, you can completely remove the need for it to change to Now Playing before it begins resuming play.
    Down with the BourgeoisOS oppressors, webOS users unite!
  11.    #1111  
    Quote Originally Posted by Zen00 View Post
    If you can speed up the screen transition from pressing the Resume Play button, you can completely remove the need for it to change to Now Playing before it begins resuming play.
    No, it should always change to "Now Playing" once the music has begun playing. You should only have access to "Resume Play" when you first load the app.

When the musics playing I can't even see the button anyways, so I figured the change was unnecessary and slowed down the player a bit. That's the one thing I'd like to see, a marked speed up in resume time.
    Down with the BourgeoisOS oppressors, webOS users unite!
  13.    #1113  
    Quote Originally Posted by Zen00 View Post
    When the musics playing I can't even see the button anyways, so I figured the change was unnecessary and slowed down the player a bit. That's the one thing I'd like to see, a marked speed up in resume time.
    This has nothing to do with the delay. It's a combination of several other factors. Anywhere I can increase speed, I will do so. This is definitely an area that has room for improvement.

14.    #1114  
    Version 1.99.33 of the public beta has been uploaded to PreCentral. It has 2 big new features in it, as well as 1 smaller one. The first big one, called "Discovery", is something I came up with just a few days ago. But I think it will be a game-changer. It leverages the new Twitter posting feature and allows people to discover music they may never have found before.

On the Home screen, at the bottom of the list, is a new item called "Discovery". And remember if you want to re-order the items in the list ("Artists", "Songs", "Flylists", "Discovery", etc.) you can do so by tapping and holding an item and dragging it up and down.

But anyway, when you go into the new Discovery screen, it'll load up a list of songs that other Music Player (Remix) users have posted to Twitter. A thumbnail of the person who posted the song can be found next to each song. If you tap on the thumbnail, you can visit their Twitter page. But the real purpose of this screen is to listen to the music that other people have been posting. To do this, tap on any song and its video will be loaded into the YouTube app.

Since I released the Twitter/Facebook posting feature, I've been searching Twitter to see what other people are listening to, and I've found some real gems out there. Some are songs I've never heard before and some are oldies that I haven't heard in ages. But now with the new Discovery feature, people can find some really good music right within the app.

The other big new feature is what I call "Quick Shortcuts". When viewing the items within any playlist, flylist, or album, if you open up the app menu, there will be an option to create a launcher shortcut. If you do this, a new icon will appear in your Launcher (and in universal search) for that playlist/flylist/album. This also works with autolists in webOS 2.0 (in the private beta build).

Also on the Home screen, if you open up the app menu, there will be 2 options for creating launcher shortcuts. One is for auto-resume and the other is for shuffle-all.

Not many apps make use of this great webOS feature and it essentially replicates the new Quick Actions available in webOS 2.0. So you'll now be able to get a taste of how Quick Actions will work while still using webOS 1.4.x.

The last new feature is adding keyboard shortcuts for the fine-tuned music controls. They are as follows:

Backspace: Toggle between the scrubber bar and the fine-tuned music controls
    Orange/Gray key: Go backwards by 60 seconds
    Z: Go backwards by 30 seconds
    X: Go backwards by 5 seconds
    M: Go forwards by 5 seconds
    Comma: Go forwards by 30 seconds
    Enter: Go forwards by 60 seconds

Could you add a shuffle keyboard option? So you don't have to switch views to shuffle (or am I missing something)? Jw.

Also, glad you are fixing the resume issue, ty.
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
    This is the greatest app ever!!!! Thanks!!!
    Sorry, one other thing. I just updated to the lastest beta and I'm looking at the Discovery feature. I noticed the app seems to be playing different videos than the ones that are attached to the tweets. I just looked at my last two and while the test videos gave me this:

"Even the Sand is Made of Seashells" by Thursday:
    "Dust" by Every Move a Picture:

which are both correct videos for the songs, what I'm getting from Discovery is this:

For the Thursday song: (is actually for another Thursday song, Mass as Shadows)

For the EMAP song:

Now I did notice that neither of the correct videos are playable on my device and the videos returned are for videos somewhere in the search results (sixth and second, respectively). So I'm guessing the search goes until it finds a playable video?
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
  18.    #1118  
    Could you add a shuffle keyboard option? So you don't have to switch views to shuffle (or am I missing something)? Jw.
    There really is only one key available (Enter key). I'm still not sure what I'll do with it. But I guess that's an option.

Discovery is my favorite of the new features, as I'm sure many others will say too. Would it be overkill for you to create a twitter account specifically for Remix and have the tweets sent out from Remix link to it (to better spread the word)? Thanks for the awesome new features!
  20.    #1120  
    Sorry, one other thing. I just updated to the lastest beta and I'm looking at the Discovery feature. I noticed the app seems to be playing different videos than the ones that are attached to the tweets. I just looked at my last two and while the test videos gave me this:

"Even the Sand is Made of Seashells" by Thursday:
    "Dust" by Every Move a Picture:

which are both correct videos for the songs, what I'm getting from Discovery is this:

For the Thursday song: (is actually for another Thursday song, Mass as Shadows)

For the EMAP song:

Now I did notice that neither of the correct videos are playable on my device and the videos returned are for videos somewhere in the search results (sixth and second, respectively). So I'm guessing the search goes until it finds a playable video?
    Great question...and good eye!

I just shot a video demonstrating this feature and I discussed this anomaly. I'll post the video tomorrow (it's currently being converted from AVCHD to something more YouTube-friendly).

But basically what I found during testing is that a decent number of the videos that get linked when you post to Twitter or Facebook do not play on the phone. The reason why is that the owners of the videos did not set the "allow playing on mobile devices" flag when uploading the videos. So during my initial testing, I was receiving "cannot play file" errors in the YouTube app.

So instead of using the link found on Twitter or Facebook (which is probably the most accurate result on YouTube), I search all the results until I find one where the mobile flag is set.

So the result is that most videos you play on the Discovery screen will work; however in some cases they won't be the exact same video that was posted on your Twitter account.