Page 55 of 88 FirstFirst ... 545505152535455565758596065 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,100 of 1753
Like Tree3Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    Is that the song name or the artist name? If it's the song name, what was the artist name?
    oh im sorry that is the artist and the song name is no necesito
    Hi, not sure what is wrong but I get an error when it tries to install from preware:

failed
    -1: Unable to run command: /usr/bin/curl --create-dirs --insecure --location --fail --show-error --output /media/internal/.developer/com.palm_.app_.mprbeta_1.99.30_all.ipk http://ipkg.preware.org/feeds/precen....99.30_all.ipk 2>&1
    % Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
    36 1177k 36 433k 0 0 1528 0 0:13:09 0:04:50 0:08:19 5308
    36 1177k 36 434k 0 0 1532 0 0:13:06 0:04:50 0:08:16 5269
    curl: (18) transfer closed with 760540 bytes remaining to read

Any ideas what might be my problem?

Palm Pre 2 EU unlocked (UK)
    webOS 2.0.1

Thanks, Mark
    ___
    My Palm PDA history: m130 > Tungsten T > Tungsten T|X > Pre 2 > HP Pre 3 (unlocked)
    My Mobile history: Nokia 5146 > 3110 > Samsung D900 > N73 > Nokia 6300 > Pre 2 (convergence!) > HP Pre 3
    My Tablet history: HP TouchPad 32Gb (model A - 1st gen)
    Even if you can install it, it won't work on Pre2 for now.
  4.    #1084  
    KromaXamorK is correct. The public beta will not work on the Pre 2 due to the changes in the webOS media indexing API.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Twitter: @Hedami
    Ok, thanks that explains why I've been having some issues with media apps. Going to need to wait for this to sort itself out.
    ___
    My Palm PDA history: m130 > Tungsten T > Tungsten T|X > Pre 2 > HP Pre 3 (unlocked)
    My Mobile history: Nokia 5146 > 3110 > Samsung D900 > N73 > Nokia 6300 > Pre 2 (convergence!) > HP Pre 3
    My Tablet history: HP TouchPad 32Gb (model A - 1st gen)
  6.    #1086  
    I've released version 1.99.31 of the public beta. The big feature in this release is the addition of fine-tuned music controls. To access them, tap and hold the album art. The scrubber bar will be replaced by controls to move forwards and backwards by 5, 30, and 60 seconds. To bring the scrubber bar back, tap and hold the album art again.

Here's the complete changelog for this release:

- Tap and hold the album art on the Now Playing screen to reveal controls for skipping forwards or backwards by 5, 30, and 60 seconds.

- On the Now Playing screen, remove the Home icon at the top of the screen and replace it with the Minimize icon. In the old position of the Minimize icon, place a "?" icon used to display the Help screen. To go back to the Home screen, simply swipe from right to left at the top of the screen (this works on any of the app's screens).

- Enable the "?" icon on all screens. Tapping it will display the Help screen.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Global Posts
    117 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    I've released version 1.99.31 of the public beta. The big feature in this release is the addition of fine-tuned music controls. To access them, tap and hold the album art. The scrubber bar will be replaced by controls to move forwards and backwards by 5, 30, and 60 seconds. To bring the scrubber bar back, tap and hold the album art again.
    Can we possibly have these available via hotkeys or maybe have an option for displaying the buttons persistently? Or some other option that doesn't require me to take my eyes off the road for quite so long Thanks!
    Global Posts
    117 Global Posts
    I have a request to change an app behavior that drives me crazy. Sometimes, if nothing is currently playing and I want to play all the songs in a particular album, I'll click the + icon instead of the album name by mistake. That pops open the list of options. When I then click either "Play after the current song" or "Add to the end of the current playlist", I get a message that says nothing is currently playing. I understand that message for "Add to the end of the current playlist" but it's a goofy response to "Play after the current song". The user already knows nothing is playing and has clearly indicated they want to listen to that album. In this scenario, can the app simply start playing the album rather than telling me there's nothing playing right now?

I do understand that the expected approach is for the user to click the album name, and then click the play icon when the app displays all the tracks. But since I've used the "unexpected approach" often enough to be driven crazy by it, I'm assuming others will make the same mistake.

Thanks!
  9.    #1089  
    Quote Originally Posted by Zahid View Post
    Can we possibly have these available via hotkeys or maybe have an option for displaying the buttons persistently? Or some other option that doesn't require me to take my eyes off the road for quite so long Thanks!
    Yes I'm planning something along these lines.

10.    #1090  
    Quote Originally Posted by Zahid View Post
    I have a request to change an app behavior that drives me crazy. Sometimes, if nothing is currently playing and I want to play all the songs in a particular album, I'll click the + icon instead of the album name by mistake. That pops open the list of options. When I then click either "Play after the current song" or "Add to the end of the current playlist", I get a message that says nothing is currently playing. I understand that message for "Add to the end of the current playlist" but it's a goofy response to "Play after the current song". The user already knows nothing is playing and has clearly indicated they want to listen to that album. In this scenario, can the app simply start playing the album rather than telling me there's nothing playing right now?

I do understand that the expected approach is for the user to click the album name, and then click the play icon when the app displays all the tracks. But since I've used the "unexpected approach" often enough to be driven crazy by it, I'm assuming others will make the same mistake.

Thanks!
    I've thought of this too. It may be something I change in the future.

But you're correct, the way to listen to an album is to simply tap it and then either tap on a song or one of the icons at the bottom of the screen (shuffle or play).

Idea:

What do you think about the function, that when i "fave" a song that it will be automaticly add to the first posion of my favorite songs, not to the last position? Because i think the most people love to listen to new favorit songs then to older songs.

What to you think?

Sorry for my bad english.
  12.    #1092  
    Quote Originally Posted by flochen View Post
    Idea:

What do you think about the function, that when i "fave" a song that it will be automaticly add to the first posion of my favorite songs, not to the last position? Because i think the most people love to listen to new favorit songs then to older songs.

What to you think?

Sorry for my bad english.
    Yes, that's a good idea. I actually already had that on my to-do list. Like you, I usually want to listen to my recently faved items first.

Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    Dan: I posted a couple weeks ago about longer audio tracks getting truncated while I listen to audio books. You indicated that this appeared to be a webOS problem since it occurs in the native audio player, and that you didn't know if this problem carries forward into webOS 2.0.

If you don't have enough to do, I have a suggestion for "fixing" this, or at least working around it. I don't know how feasible this is - and it probably isn't worth it if webOS 2 can fix it.

Here it is: Add an option in your preferences page for padding mp3 tracks with a variable number of seconds of silence, say between one and five seconds. Then somehow programatically concatenate the required number of seconds to each track. I tried this myself just now - I created a two second silent mp3 file and concatenated it to the end of each of the mp3's in my audio book. Then as each track ends I can hear all the words (and some silence too - but I can live with that).

I know you shouldn't actually update the mp3s with the extra silence. It needs to be done transparently to the user, if it's going to be done at all, and somehow it shouldn't take up much time, because you don't want it to delay playback.

I downloaded your version 1.99.31 (this time using Preware as you suggested) and tried your fine-grained timing control. It worked great.

Thanks
    I just recently noticed that when I open up the app the music is not resuming play. In the past when I loaded up the app it would resume from the last spot I left off. I have checked in the perference area and auto-resume when loadin app is Enabled.
    Thanks in advance.
  15.    #1095  
    Quote Originally Posted by TNONI78 View Post
    I just recently noticed that when I open up the app the music is not resuming play. In the past when I loaded up the app it would resume from the last spot I left off. I have checked in the perference area and auto-resume when loadin app is Enabled.
    Thanks in advance.
    I just tried it and it works fine. When you load the app, what happens exactly? Does it stay loaded on the Home screen? If so, is there a "Resume Play" button at the top? If so, does pressing it resume where you last left off?

Can you try loading a new list, exit the app, and then re-open it and see if it auto-resumes? If that doesn't work, can you try disabling the option in the Preferences area, close the Preferences, then go back into Preferences and re-enable it.

16.    #1096  
    Quote Originally Posted by wla2000 View Post
    Dan: I posted a couple weeks ago about longer audio tracks getting truncated while I listen to audio books. You indicated that this appeared to be a webOS problem since it occurs in the native audio player, and that you didn't know if this problem carries forward into webOS 2.0.

If you don't have enough to do, I have a suggestion for "fixing" this, or at least working around it. I don't know how feasible this is - and it probably isn't worth it if webOS 2 can fix it.

Here it is: Add an option in your preferences page for padding mp3 tracks with a variable number of seconds of silence, say between one and five seconds. Then somehow programatically concatenate the required number of seconds to each track. I tried this myself just now - I created a two second silent mp3 file and concatenated it to the end of each of the mp3's in my audio book. Then as each track ends I can hear all the words (and some silence too - but I can live with that).

I know you shouldn't actually update the mp3s with the extra silence. It needs to be done transparently to the user, if it's going to be done at all, and somehow it shouldn't take up much time, because you don't want it to delay playback.

I downloaded your version 1.99.31 (this time using Preware as you suggested) and tried your fine-grained timing control. It worked great.

Thanks
    Before I go through all that, I'll check to see how webOS 2.0 handles longer files. If there is still an issue, I'm not sure that would be the most graceful workaround I could come up with.

But yeah I just haven't had time to look into this yet.

17.    #1097  
    I just wanted to let you guys know another public beta release is coming soon. I've implemented hotkeys for the fine-tuned music controls. So you can control them completely from the keyboard. Also in this release will be a brand new feature utilizing a webOS feature that not many apps make use of. So keep a look out here (or on my Twitter account) for the next public beta announcement!

Global Posts
    775 Global Posts
    A quick question. Once minimized is there a way to bring it back up?
    Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.

Palm III -> Palm V -> Viewsonic Pocket PC V36 -> Treo 650 -> Samsung i760 ->
    Palm Pre Plus -> Palm Pre 2 > Samsung Galaxy Nexus & HP TouchPad

Android 4.1 - Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    CM9 Alpha 2 Official Nightly w/WebCM9 0.4 - HP TouchPad

Twitter: @noseph47
    Quote Originally Posted by noseph View Post
    A quick question. Once minimized is there a way to bring it back up?
    The dashboard icons, one of them has the MPR icon. Click it.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
  20.    #1100  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakeeeee View Post
    The dashboard icons, one of them has the MPR icon. Click it.
    It's located on the Progress Bar mini-player module. You can also relaunch the app by tapping on its icon in the Launcher or in universal search. But Jakeeeee's suggestion is the quickest way.