Page 53 of 88 FirstFirst ... 343484950515253545556575863 ... LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,060 of 1753
Like Tree3Likes
  1.    #1041  
    Version 1.99.29 of the beta has been uploaded to PreCentral. If you can't wait for Preware to update, you can grab the IPK directly from PreCentral's homebrew gallery.

For those of you who have been following me on Twitter, you probably already know what's in this release. The big change is that I've embedded a YouTube video link into the Twitter and Facebook song posts.

On Twitter you can click on the link to pull up YouTube, or better yet, just click on the arrow to the right of the tweet (when viewing it on Twitter.com) and the video will appear embedded directly on the Twitter web page.

On Facebook, simply click on the video thumbnail to view the embedded video. The side benefit of this change is that your status will not update when you post a song to Facebook (as was requested by several people in this thread).

I think your followers (Twitter) and friends (Facebook) are really going to enjoy your song posts because they can actually listen to the songs you're listening to, as well as view their videos.

By the way, here is the complete changelog for this release:

- Add link to YouTube video in Twitter and Facebook posts.

- Bug Fix: Tapping on the previous button when the song has exceeded 4 seconds should return you to the beginning of that song, not go back to the previous song.

- Add Easter Egg hints to Hidden Features section on help screen.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Twitter: @Hedami
  2.    #1042  
    And here's a video demonstrating the new YouTube embedded link feature:
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

I really love this app, so when I saw the update, I tried to get it to post to facebook, but I haven't had any luck. I've even tried relinking it a couple of times.
  4.    #1044  
    Quote Originally Posted by StuntmanMark View Post
    I really love this app, so when I saw the update, I tried to get it to post to facebook, but I haven't had any luck. I've even tried relinking it a couple of times.
    Did you try Facebook posting in 1.99.28? Did it work in that version?

Can you tell me what steps you're taking? And also what exactly happens when you tap on "Post to Facebook"? Does it give you an error? Does it come up with a message at the bottom saying the post was successful? If so, where are you checking on your Facebook page? The link should appear on your wall and your news feed.

In your Facebook account, can you go into your Privacy settings and check if Music Player (Remix) is listed as one of the applications that have access to your account (the link to the applications is at the bottom of the Privacy screen).

Wow, just when I didn't think it could get any better, you just knock it out of the park! Great update! Have to say that I'm very glad your developing for webOS. This is THE Default music player for me.
    Hey Dan,

For the life of me I can't get Twitter and Facebook to work. Have logged out and re-established link multiple times to no avail.
  7.    #1047  
    Quote Originally Posted by wushu2004 View Post
    Hey Dan,

For the life of me I can't get Twitter and Facebook to work. Have logged out and re-established link multiple times to no avail.
    It would really help if you could provide more details. "Not working" doesn't really tell me much. Please tell me step-by-step what you did to try to get Twitter and Facebook working, and let me know what happened when you tapped "Post to Twitter" or "Post to Facebook". Did an error come up? Did it say "song posted successfully" at the bottom of the screen?

Can you check your application permission settings in Twitter and Facebook to see if Music Player (Remix) is listed?

Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    It would really help if you could provide more details. "Not working" doesn't really tell me much. Please tell me step-by-step what you did to try to get Twitter and Facebook working, and let me know what happened when you tapped "Post to Twitter" or "Post to Facebook". Did an error come up? Did it say "song posted successfully" at the bottom of the screen?

Can you check your application permission settings in Twitter and Facebook to see if Music Player (Remix) is listed?
    Oh...now I feel like an *****.

I thought it would autopost after a certain length.

Apparently not.

Anyway, found the spot and saw my songs on FB and Twitter.

You can just ignore my previous post.
  9.    #1049  
    Quote Originally Posted by wushu2004 View Post
    Oh...now I feel like an *****.

I thought it would autopost after a certain length.

Apparently not.

Anyway, found the spot and saw my songs on FB and Twitter.

You can just ignore my previous post.
    With the number of songs people play in a day (at least me), I don't think auto-posting songs would be a good idea. It would drive your followers/friends nuts!

I'm going to provide instructions on how to do it on the app's help screen as well as on the Accounts screen. So hopefully it'll be easier for people to figure out how to do it.

Global Posts
    310 Global Posts
    Dan -- I'm not sure which release you included this in, but, I wanted to send along thanks for a great feature. When I pause a song for a period of time ... I notice that you automatically roll back a few seconds when I resume playing. Quite handy!

I'm curious -- what parameters does Music Remix 2.0 look for before it does this? For example, is this tied to pause + screenstate=off? I know if I simply pause & resume a few seconds later, the audio resumes where it left off.
    Palm History: Sony Clie T615C --> T|X --> Pre+ --> Pre3 Aspirations -->
  11.    #1051  
    Quote Originally Posted by cmahy View Post
    Dan -- I'm not sure which release you included this in, but, I wanted to send along thanks for a great feature. When I pause a song for a period of time ... I notice that you automatically roll back a few seconds when I resume playing. Quite handy!

I'm curious -- what parameters does Music Remix 2.0 look for before it does this? For example, is this tied to pause + screenstate=off? I know if I simply pause & resume a few seconds later, the audio resumes where it left off.
    I wish I could take credit, but that's not something I intentionally incorporated. Perhaps this is something the HTML5 audio object is doing (either by design or because of a bug).

How long does the song have to be paused before you see this behavior?

Global Posts
    310 Global Posts
    I wish I could take credit, but that's not something I intentionally incorporated. Perhaps this is something the HTML5 audio object is doing (either by design or because of a bug).

How long does the song have to be paused before you see this behavior?
    I was hoping you'd tell me! --> I'll pay more attention & let you know. It happened today on the way into work. The podcast .mp3 was paused long enough for me to listen to the traffic report & about 10-15 minutes of music on the radio. I know, not very scientific. All the same, a helpful feature for me because I broadcast my pre through a Radio transmitter thing & it takes a few seconds to 'wake up' (ie: a few seconds of lost playtime without the rewind)

I'll do some testing & keep you posted.
    Global Posts
    117 Global Posts
    First off, thanks again for the app. To echo what someone else said, whenever I meet a new Pre owner, yours is always one of the must-have apps I tell them about.

I'm wondering if there's a way to improve support for M3U playlists. Most confusingly, I'm assuming that I should be able to see (not necessarily play) my playlist files even if I disregard your instructions and just copy an M3U file to the device. But I can't even see them there--it just says "No synced playlists found in your music library". (I wonder if this is somehow related to the re-indexing problem I'm having, which keeps the genres from updating.)

Second, I'm not sure why simply copying the M3U file to the device is not good enough. I cracked open one of the M3U files and it appears that the music file names in the playlist file are always (at least when created by Windows Media Player) referenced by relative pathnames. Since my directory structure on the Pre mirrors the one on my PC, including the location of the playlist files, I can't think of a reason why the app can't use the M3U copied from the PC.

Are these issues unique to me, or is it just the way the app handles playlists? And if it's the latter, can that be changed?
  14.    #1054  
    I was hoping you'd tell me! --> I'll pay more attention & let you know. It happened today on the way into work. The podcast .mp3 was paused long enough for me to listen to the traffic report & about 10-15 minutes of music on the radio. I know, not very scientific. All the same, a helpful feature for me because I broadcast my pre through a Radio transmitter thing & it takes a few seconds to 'wake up' (ie: a few seconds of lost playtime without the rewind)

I'll do some testing & keep you posted.
    Long files (like podcasts) have some weird behavior when it comes to time. I bet that has something to do with it. But I'm pretty sure it's related to webOS and not the app, although I can't say for sure because I haven't fully investigated it yet.

I'm guessing you've never seen this happen in a regular music file, correct?

15.    #1055  
    Quote Originally Posted by Zahid View Post
    First off, thanks again for the app. To echo what someone else said, whenever I meet a new Pre owner, yours is always one of the must-have apps I tell them about.
    Thanks a lot! I appreciate that!

Quote Originally Posted by Zahid View Post
    I'm wondering if there's a way to improve support for M3U playlists. Most confusingly, I'm assuming that I should be able to see (not necessarily play) my playlist files even if I disregard your instructions and just copy an M3U file to the device. But I can't even see them there--it just says "No synced playlists found in your music library". (I wonder if this is somehow related to the re-indexing problem I'm having, which keeps the genres from updating.)

Second, I'm not sure why simply copying the M3U file to the device is not good enough. I cracked open one of the M3U files and it appears that the music file names in the playlist file are always (at least when created by Windows Media Player) referenced by relative pathnames. Since my directory structure on the Pre mirrors the one on my PC, including the location of the playlist files, I can't think of a reason why the app can't use the M3U copied from the PC.

Are these issues unique to me, or is it just the way the app handles playlists? And if it's the latter, can that be changed?
    My app (or any other music app) has absolutely no control over whether synced playlists are displayed in the app. The webOS media indexer provides a list of playlists found on the device. It's the indexer that reads the files and determines which playlists are available. So unfortunately there's nothing I can do to improve the way playlists are identified.

However if you follow the instructions I provided in the FAQ (on the app's help screen), you should be able to get your M3U files to show up on the "Playlists" screen. I don't know if there's any other way to do it, but this has always worked for me.

Global Posts
    310 Global Posts
    Long files (like podcasts) have some weird behavior when it comes to time. I bet that has something to do with it. But I'm pretty sure it's related to webOS and not the app, although I can't say for sure because I haven't fully investigated it yet.

I'm guessing you've never seen this happen in a regular music file, correct?
    Aha -- yes, I don't recall ever hearing that with my music files. Has happened to me a bunch of times, but, I listen to a handful of podcasts a week (Palmcast being one of them). A big thanks to you and your keyboard pause/resume hotkey --> makes it possible for me to listen safely/legally & avoid looking at my pre while driving.

The downside to this: if Palm ever fixes the long-file weirdness (not a Remix 2.0 issue), I guess my 'long pause rewind feature' will go away. Pity, but, not the end of the world.
  17.    #1057  
    Aha -- yes, I don't recall ever hearing that with my music files. Has happened to me a bunch of times, but, I listen to a handful of podcasts a week (Palmcast being one of them). A big thanks to you and your keyboard pause/resume hotkey --> makes it possible for me to listen safely/legally & avoid looking at my pre while driving.

The downside to this: if Palm ever fixes the long-file weirdness (not a Remix 2.0 issue), I guess my 'long pause rewind feature' will go away. Pity, but, not the end of the world.
    Well the good (and bad) news is I would bet money that they have bigger fish to fry and haven't worked on the "long audio file weirdness" issue. So your "feature" should be safe.

But also I still plan on implementing some way to quickly go forward and backwards by set amounts, which is mainly beneficial to people listening to podcasts, audiobooks, and other spoken-word audio files.

Global Posts
    145 Global Posts
    WOW that was fast.. Dan you the man .. I havent personally downloaded it yet cus 1 I just seen this on here now lol and am at work, insanely busy.. But as soon as I do I'll try it out and give you and update on that.. Again thanx for the app and your support towards it.. You rock...

Update: Just updated the app through Preware and works like a charm.. Now I did get an error the 1st attempt to upload a song (Kanye West - All of the Lights) and got a error code of I believe something like status = 400 something like that.. But I just went and relinked my Facebook account and everthing work fine after that.. Again, many thanx Dan and cant wait to see it on the app catalog..
    Last edited by Jezer29; 12/01/2010 at 05:24 PM. Reason: Updating..
  19.    #1059  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jezer29 View Post
    WOW that was fast.. Dan you the man .. I havent personally downloaded it yet cus 1 I just seen this on here now lol and am at work, insanely busy.. But as soon as I do I'll try it out and give you and update on that.. Again thanx for the app and your support towards it.. You rock...
    Once I got the YouTube idea, I just ran with it. I think people are really going to like it. I know I've been enjoying checking out the videos posted today.

Quote Originally Posted by Jezer29 View Post
    Update: Just updated the app through Preware and works like a charm.. Now I did get an error the 1st attempt to upload a song (Kanye West - All of the Lights) and got a error code of I believe something like status = 400 something like that.. But I just went and relinked my Facebook account and everthing work fine after that.. Again, many thanx Dan and cant wait to see it on the app catalog..
    Without knowing the exact error code, it's hard to say. It could just be a momentary Facebook issue.

Did you try Facebook posting in 1.99.28? Did it work in that version?

Can you tell me what steps you're taking? And also what exactly happens when you tap on "Post to Facebook"? Does it give you an error? Does it come up with a message at the bottom saying the post was successful? If so, where are you checking on your Facebook page? The link should appear on your wall and your news feed.

In your Facebook account, can you go into your Privacy settings and check if Music Player (Remix) is listed as one of the applications that have access to your account (the link to the applications is at the bottom of the Privacy screen).
    I didn't use it in the older version. ( I must've looked over it.) The privacy settings on my Facebook are fine, and since I've gotten it to post some songs to my account, but there are at least 2 that won't post.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums Beta
    PSN: StuntmanMark
    Twitter: @StuntmanMark

The Name: http://is.gd/nxnbhK