Page 52 of 88 FirstFirst ... 242474849505152535455565762 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,040 of 1753
Like Tree3Likes
  1.    #1021  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jezer29 View Post
    What if you pulled the image from the album art that on the song? Even if it's the default image that there when no album art is in place. Can it be tunred into a link with the info of the song? Again I'm not a dev just throwing out my ideas...
    The image has to be a link on the web. I can't upload an image and use that.

So I tried posting a link to my test page and in my opinion it looked kind of silly to have such a huge post for something as simple as "I'm playing a song". It seems like this type of information is perfect for a simple wall post. Plus I still don't know what type of link I would provide. Not every song is going to be listed on a music info (or purchase) web page. The only other thing I can think of is to link to my app, but I'm not sure people would appreciate me doing that.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Twitter: @Hedami
  2.    #1022  
    The only other thing I can think of is to post a note. The title of the note would be "#NowPlaying song title by artist name", and the body of the note would be "on Music Player (Remix) for webOS". So the note would be displayed on 2 separate lines like this:

#NowPlaying song title by artist name
    on Music Player (Remix) for webOS"

I'd like to hear from more people who have been using the Facebook posting option in Music Player (Remix). Do you prefer it the current way, or would you want a note posted? Or some other way?
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Global Posts
    145 Global Posts
    That's sounds cool
  4.    #1024  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jezer29 View Post
    That's sounds cool
    Honestly I really think the current wall post makes the most sense. "Notes" seems to be designed for people to keep and organize notes for themselves, as well as for family/friends to post notes to their friends. It seems to me like a declaration of what you're doing at a particular moment (like listening to a song) is best suited for a wall update (status update).

But I'm interested in hearing other opinions from folks who use Facebook more than I do. While I don't post too much myself, I do visit it pretty regularly to read updates from my friends and family who use it. And really most people I know post wall updates. I'm not sure I have ever even seen a note posted.

Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    Honestly I really think the current wall post makes the most sense. "Notes" seems to be designed for people to keep and organize notes for themselves, as well as for family/friends to post notes to their friends. It seems to me like a declaration of what you're doing at a particular moment (like listening to a song) is best suited for a wall update (status update).

But I'm interested in hearing other opinions from folks who use Facebook more than I do. While I don't post too much myself, I do visit it pretty regularly to read updates from my friends and family who use it. And really most people I know post wall updates. I'm not sure I have ever even seen a note posted.
    like i told you i use facebook and i'll love to have fb post like a wall post like pandora and no like status update!
  6.    #1026  
    Quote Originally Posted by SISGO View Post
    like i told you i use facebook and i'll love to have fb post like a wall post like pandora and no like status update!
    Does Pandora post a link to your wall? If so, what does it link to? I assume it would link to the Pandora site. But being a standalone app (without an accompanying web service), Music Player (Remix) doesn't have a standard website it can post a link to.

Do you have an example you can show me of what a Pandora post looks like?

When i try to install it gets an error and then close. Is there something im missing? i had this before and worked fine.
  8.    #1028  
    Quote Originally Posted by emjaycee24 View Post
    When i try to install it gets an error and then close. Is there something im missing? i had this before and worked fine.
    If you're getting an error during installation (like when using Preware), then it's not going to be related to the app. You'll need to ask the owner of the installation tool (Preware, webOS Quick Install, etc.) what the error means.

If you're getting the error when running the app, then please post the error and I can help you determine what's causing it.

Hi, I've downloaded the app, but my computer and my phone both tell me that the file format is unsupported. Is there anything I can do about that?

Thanks,

EC
  10.    #1030  
    Quote Originally Posted by ecamarillogarza View Post
    Hi, I've downloaded the app, but my computer and my phone both tell me that the file format is unsupported. Is there anything I can do about that?

Thanks,

EC
    The easiest way to install homebrew apps is to use Preware. You can find Preware installations instructions here: Application:Preware - WebOS Internals

Once you have Preware installed, be sure you have the "Precentral" feed enabled. If you do, you'll be able to find the app.

Alternately you could use webOS Quick Install on your computer to install the IPK. You can find it here: http://forums.precentral.net/canuck-...l-v3-14-a.html

11.    #1031  
    I thought of a cool way to handle the Facebook "status update" issue/concern that we discussed yesterday. It'll allow people to post on their Facebook wall without updating their status and at the same time it'll provide a new feature for both Twitter and Facebook that I think people will enjoy.

So hopefully I'll get an update sometime this week. Keep a lookout for it!

Do you think it comes soon on webOS 2.0???
  13.    #1033  
    Quote Originally Posted by KromaXamorK View Post
    Do you think it comes soon on webOS 2.0???
    Your guess is as good as mine. I hope webOS 2.0 comes soon.

Global Posts
    145 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    I thought of a cool way to handle the Facebook "status update" issue/concern that we discussed yesterday. It'll allow people to post on their Facebook wall without updating their status and at the same time it'll provide a new feature for both Twitter and Facebook that I think people will enjoy.

So hopefully I'll get an update sometime this week. Keep a lookout for it!
    Awesome!!! Ur the best, can't wait.. This is what I love about the Palm Dev community.. I always put ppl on to this app when I notice they have a Pre/pixi.. Can't wait
    Global Posts
    310 Global Posts
    Hey Dan -- I don't want to push (the changes you've given us are great) / just wanted to know if there was any updates re: hotkeys? I know you had asked the group at large to suggest what they might want for additional ones (ie: Enter-key mapping).
    Palm History: Sony Clie T615C --> T|X --> Pre+ --> Pre3 Aspirations -->
  16.    #1036  
    Quote Originally Posted by cmahy View Post
    Hey Dan -- I don't want to push (the changes you've given us are great) / just wanted to know if there was any updates re: hotkeys? I know you had asked the group at large to suggest what they might want for additional ones (ie: Enter-key mapping).
    I don't think anyone else expressed an opinion on what function should be mapped to the Enter key.

I haven't really put any thought into it yet.

Regarding facebook posts - I'd be happy to just get the info on the clipboard for pasting.

I have a bug report - I have a song that will play from the songs listing or if I search for it directly, but in flylists it doesn't play. (Love you app, just trying to be helpful - let me know if you would like any specific detective work to nail things down...)

Lumberjack says:
    [2010-11-30 20:40:39] (Music (Remix)) Error: getBookmarksForSong sql = SELECT * FROM tblBookmarks WHERE songName = 'Empire State Of Mind [Jay-Z + Alicia Keys] (Explicit)' AND songAlbum = 'The Blueprint 3 (Explicit)' AND songArtist = 'Jay-Z' ORDER BY currentTime;GO;
    [2010-11-30 20:40:39] (Music (Remix)) Error: APPASSISTANT SAVETRACKINFO, Empire State Of Mind [Jay-Z + Alicia Keys] (Explicit), Jay-Z, The Blueprint 3 (Explicit)
  18.    #1038  
    Quote Originally Posted by notcalvin View Post
    Regarding facebook posts - I'd be happy to just get the info on the clipboard for pasting.
    I think most people would prefer the app post it for them. I've already implemented the Facebook API, so I don't think there's a point in just copying the text to the clipboard.

Quote Originally Posted by notcalvin View Post
    I have a bug report - I have a song that will play from the songs listing or if I search for it directly, but in flylists it doesn't play. (Love you app, just trying to be helpful - let me know if you would like any specific detective work to nail things down...)

Lumberjack says:
    [2010-11-30 20:40:39] (Music (Remix)) Error: getBookmarksForSong sql = SELECT * FROM tblBookmarks WHERE songName = 'Empire State Of Mind [Jay-Z + Alicia Keys] (Explicit)' AND songAlbum = 'The Blueprint 3 (Explicit)' AND songArtist = 'Jay-Z' ORDER BY currentTime;GO;
    [2010-11-30 20:40:39] (Music (Remix)) Error: APPASSISTANT SAVETRACKINFO, Empire State Of Mind [Jay-Z + Alicia Keys] (Explicit), Jay-Z, The Blueprint 3 (Explicit)
    I appreciate the extra info, but in this case it's not really relevant to loading a song in a flylist. The info you're displaying is related to the bookmarking system. Everytime you load a song, it determines whether there are any bookmarks stored for that song and if so displays markers at the bottom of the screen (on top of the scrubber bar). Also even though it says "error" in the log above, no error actually occurred. There are 3 different log levels you can choose (info, warning, and error), and a lot of the times I use the "error" log level for debug statements. It's just a lazy habit of mine.

But anyway, have you by any chance moved the location of the file since creating the flylist? If so, that might explain why it doesn't play. I'm working on a way to allow files to be moved, but currently if a file is moved, it will not play in a flylist saved before the move.

Try adding the same song into a new flylist, or an existing one that doesn't already contain the song, and see if it plays. I'm guessing it will.

It is sometimes really hard to get find the solution your are looking for especially on a 52+ pages topic. Thanks for the great application!

My question is if I can import my Media Player playlists(*.WPL) to the Music Player 2.0? I don't even know where to place the playlist files..Music folder?

Media player seems syncing quite good right now. But not the playlist files.
  20.    #1040  
    Quote Originally Posted by secure View Post
    It is sometimes really hard to get find the solution your are looking for especially on a 52+ pages topic. Thanks for the great application!

My question is if I can import my Media Player playlists(*.WPL) to the Music Player 2.0? I don't even know where to place the playlist files..Music folder?

Media player seems syncing quite good right now. But not the playlist files.
    I've never tried WPL files, but M3Us (which Windows Media Player also creates) work. For instructions on how to transfer over M3U files, see the FAQ on the app's help screen.