Page 51 of 88 FirstFirst ... 41464748495051525354555661 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,020 of 1753
Like Tree3Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    You're welcome! I've seen a bunch of Remix tweets, but has anyone been using the Facebook feature? I don't think there's a way to search Facebook wall postings, so I can't tell.
    I'm using FB feature only!... Add me to ur fb friends if you want to sisgo2003@aol.com
  2.    #1002  
    Quote Originally Posted by SISGO View Post
    I'm using FB feature only!... Add me to ur fb friends if you want to sisgo2003@aol.com
    Well I'm glad it's being used. Thanks for the offer...I actually only use Facebook with family and close friends. I know that's probably a rarity these days, but I find it much more useful that way.

I may create a Facebook account for my app company (Hedami). If so, I'll definitely add you as a friend there. I currently have a Twitter account (@Hedami), so I'm not sure if I really need a Facebook account. But I know some people prefer Facebook over Twitter, so I may do it.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Twitter: @Hedami
    Well I'm glad it's being used. Thanks for the offer...I actually only use Facebook with family and close friends. I know that's probably a rarity these days, but I find it much more useful that way.

I may create a Facebook account for my app company (Hedami). If so, I'll definitely add you as a friend there. I currently have a Twitter account (@Hedami), so I'm not sure if I really need a Facebook account. But I know some people prefer Facebook over Twitter, so I may do it.
    ok and I really understand , you should create a fb page for ur app comapny or at least a page for the music player remix about updates and more!!... I really apreciate ur hard work!!
    I would love to see the ability to add album art.
    Either they're in some hidden folders, or the webOS media indexer is confused. I've seen both happen.
    Problem has been fixed. The folder that the music was located in was called "Kid Cudi" while the artist was tagged as "KiD CuDi". After renaming the folder, all went well.

I appreciate your help!

The app is fantastic!

~Zach
  6.    #1006  
    Quote Originally Posted by eserrano250 View Post
    I would love to see the ability to add album art.
    A few people have asked for this, but honestly I'm a little confused why people wouldn't want to do this on their computers. It's so much easier doing it there and the added benefit is the album art it saved to your source files. If you do it within the app, the album art would only be shown within the one app.

I've used two methods of adding album art which are both really easy:

1) Media Monkey: You can configure it to automatically embed the album art within the files when using "Media Sync" mode to connect your device to your computer. As far as I can tell, this will only work if you have images already on your computer, but not embedded in the files.

2) MP3Tag: You can manually add album art to all files missing them. One of the columns in the list is "album art" which will show the number of embedded images. So all you have to do is sort by that column, then for each one that shows 0 (or blank), tap on the icon at the top of the application to have it search Amazon.com (or Amazon.de) and it will find high-resolution album art. You do this once on your computer, and now all your music files will have embedded, high-resolution album art. So anywhere you copy your music files (media center TVs, your Pre/Pixi, MP3 players, slates/tablets, etc.) will have the images.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

7.    #1007  
    Quote Originally Posted by SISGO View Post
    ok and I really understand , you should create a fb page for ur app comapny or at least a page for the music player remix about updates and more!!... I really apreciate ur hard work!!
    Thanks a lot! I probably will.

8.    #1008  
    Quote Originally Posted by zach_power View Post
    Problem has been fixed. The folder that the music was located in was called "Kid Cudi" while the artist was tagged as "KiD CuDi". After renaming the folder, all went well.

I appreciate your help!

The app is fantastic!

~Zach
    I'm glad it's working, but that's odd. I didn't think the media indexer cared about folder names. It should only be looking at the names within the tags. But I guess it does look at folder name in some cases.

Hi Dan, Thanks for the update that allows me to Tweet what I'm listening to. This is, was, and always will be my favorite music player! You are the greatest.
    Blaize, Mistress of Verbosity

Be nice until it's time to not be nice.--Dalton, "Roadhouse"
  10.    #1010  
    Quote Originally Posted by Blaize View Post
    Hi Dan, Thanks for the update that allows me to Tweet what I'm listening to. This is, was, and always will be my favorite music player! You are the greatest.
    Thanks! I'm glad you, and everyone else, is enjoying it.

Global Posts
    145 Global Posts
    I really like this app, I almost never used the stock music app.. I like the new Facebook and Twitter feature but just one thing.. On twitter its all good cus from what I've seen the way its post on your account its say #webOS.. See on Facebook thats #thing is not used but my real issue is the way it posts to my profile on Facebook but posting it on my status.. Is there any possible way maybe later on that you can figure out how to post on a Facebook profile without changing the status? Sort of like when you post up pic, and youtube videos.. They post on your profile but dont change your status? Again thanx for all your hard work and detication.. Cus this app rocks
  12.    #1012  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jezer29 View Post
    I really like this app, I almost never used the stock music app.. I like the new Facebook and Twitter feature but just one thing.. On twitter its all good cus from what I've seen the way its post on your account its say #webOS.. See on Facebook thats #thing is not used but my real issue is the way it posts to my profile on Facebook but posting it on my status.. Is there any possible way maybe later on that you can figure out how to post on a Facebook profile without changing the status? Sort of like when you post up pic, and youtube videos.. They post on your profile but dont change your status? Again thanx for all your hard work and detication.. Cus this app rocks
    I'm not aware of a way to post a text message without it being a status update. Is there a way to do this in Facebook? Anyway I thought people wanted to update their status with what they're playing, similar to how they do it on Twitter.

I've seen "#NowPlaying" tags on Facebook, so I figured I'd use the same nomenclature that I use with Twitter. So what are people's thoughts on this? Should I simply say something like this:

Now playing "Song Name" by Artist Name on Music Player (Remix) on webOS
    Or should I keep it the way it is?

I think he's asking if the Facebook update can be done as a "post" instead of a "status update" as most third party apps do.

I don't know what the difference in the API is, but that is how you would post something to Facebook without it actually changing the users current "status".
    Follow me on teh Twitterz
    Global Posts
    145 Global Posts
    I'm not aware of a way to post a text message without it being a status update. Is there a way to do this in Facebook? Anyway I thought people wanted to update their status with what they're playing, similar to how they do it on Twitter.

I've seen "#NowPlaying" tags on Facebook, so I figured I'd use the same nomenclature that I use with Twitter. So what are people's thoughts on this? Should I simply say something like this:

Or should I keep it the way it is?
    No the way you have it already is fine.. In reality its not really a major issue to me, like I can live with it.. But when you do get a chance on your Facebook page.. Post up a video from youtube and you'll see that it doesnt change your status.. The thing with Twitter is that its only your status thats it on Facebook you have your status and then you can post link of whatever.. youtube videos, a story from here on Precentral the list goes on, it all goes on my profile but your status stays the same.. Again its no biggie and I still love this app and when its comes to the app catalog, I will be buying it in a heart beat
    Global Posts
    145 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Spader View Post
    I think he's asking if the Facebook update can be done as a "post" instead of a "status update" as most third party apps do.

I don't know what the difference in the API is, but that is how you would post something to Facebook without it actually changing the users current "status".
    Exactly... Sorry if I confused the dev with how I stated it.. Thanx Spader...
  16.    #1016  
    Can someone describe how to make a simple post (without it being a status update) vs. making a status update using the Facebook web site? That'll help me determine what the difference is. I'm not a big Facebook user, so I guess I don't know the difference.

Global Posts
    145 Global Posts
    In a developer sense idk. All I could suggest is when you have a chance go onto ur Facebook then come back to Pre Central, pick any of the stories of today and click the share feature on that story. You'll get a pop up where you can add ur capation to that story then click submit.. Go back to ur Facebook and you'll see it on ur wall as a post and ur status update will still be the same.
  18.    #1018  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jezer29 View Post
    In a developer sense idk. All I could suggest is when you have a chance go onto ur Facebook then come back to Pre Central, pick any of the stories of today and click the share feature on that story. You'll get a pop up where you can add ur capation to that story then click submit.. Go back to ur Facebook and you'll see it on ur wall as a post and ur status update will still be the same.
    I'm sorry, but that doesn't help. What I need is instructions on how to do the following directly from the Facebook web page:

1) Create a text post that does not update your status
    2) Create a text post that also update your status

If I can create a text post on the Facebook web page without creating a status update, then I can figure out how to do it in my software.

19.    #1019  
    I figured out your PreCentral sharing example. The reason it doesn't show up as a status update is because it's a link, not a post. I don't think there's a way to post simple text without it updating your status. The only way is to attach something (an image, link, video, etc.).

I guess I could link to some page related to the song being listened to (such as Amazon or some other music site), but not every song would be found on these types of sites. Also it just doesn't seem right to have an image of a website next to a post listing what you're listening to.

So what is everyone's thoughts on this? Were you really imagining me posting a link on your Facebook pages?

Global Posts
    145 Global Posts
    What if you pulled the image from the album art that on the song? Even if it's the default image that there when no album art is in place. Can it be tunred into a link with the info of the song? Again I'm not a dev just throwing out my ideas...