Page 50 of 88 FirstFirst ... 40454647484950515253545560 ... LastLast
Results 981 to 1,000 of 1753
Like Tree3Likes
  1.    #981  
    Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    Good news folks... I ported over the social networking feature (Twitter and Facebook posting) to the public beta. Version 1.99.28 has been uploaded in PreCentral and should be available in Preware soon. If you can't wait for Preware to update, you can grab the IPK here: http://uploads.precentral.net/homebr...-remix-20-beta

Also available in this release is the finished Help screen. So check it out in the app menu.
    For those who haven't seen the demo video I posted, you can access the new Twitter and Facebook options by tapping on the "+" icon at the top of the Now Playing screen. A menu will pop up offering options to post the song to Twitter or Facebook.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Twitter: @Hedami
    Just updated, thanks for an awesome app
    Quick question, that I couldn't see posted (sorry if I missed it, or if it's really obvious and I just can't see it hehe) - I've created a flylist with a couple of artists, but it plays the list in the order that it was added. I generally listen to my music on Random/Repeat (like an infinite shuffle). Is there some way I can do this? Basically it's like the "shuffle all" link on the main screen, but just for a flylist.
  3.    #983  
    Quote Originally Posted by stickerboy View Post
    Just updated, thanks for an awesome app
    Quick question, that I couldn't see posted (sorry if I missed it, or if it's really obvious and I just can't see it hehe) - I've created a flylist with a couple of artists, but it plays the list in the order that it was added. I generally listen to my music on Random/Repeat (like an infinite shuffle). Is there some way I can do this? Basically it's like the "shuffle all" link on the main screen, but just for a flylist.
    Yep you can do this. Go to the Flylists screen and tap on the flylist you're interested in. Then at the bottom of the screen (the one listing the items in the flylist) tap on the shuffle icon (the first one on the left). This will shuffle the items in the flylist.

The next icon (play) will play the flylist in order. And the third icon (resume) will load the flylist and resume where you left off the last time you were playing the flylist.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

That simple, I figured it would be Ah well, sorted. Thanks again.
    Loving the Twitter & Facebook addition!

Sometimes I just need to share my questionable taste in music instantly, and now I can! Haha

Great work as always, I really can't wait for webOS 2.0 so I can see what you've got up your sleeve there.
  6.    #986  
    Quote Originally Posted by Spader View Post
    Loving the Twitter & Facebook addition!

Sometimes I just need to share my questionable taste in music instantly, and now I can! Haha
    I'm glad you're liking it. This is a question for everyone out there... are there any other similar social networks that people use? The only other one I'm aware of is Google Buzz. Any others?

Quote Originally Posted by Spader View Post
    Great work as always, I really can't wait for webOS 2.0 so I can see what you've got up your sleeve there.
    Check out my video on "Just Type and Quick Actions" that I posted earlier today. It shows some of the ways I'm taking advantage of webOS 2.0.

So I am running into a problem, which honestly, could be hidden in these 50 pages but I cannot find it.

I added about 5 diff. artists to a /music/artistname in my Palm, yet when running Music Player (Remix), there are two copies of the same artists and albums.

No sure if this has already been brought up.

Other than that...beautiful app. Simple and Elegant.

~Zach
    Dear DanPLC,

I love you for making this. I've been a long time phantom-user, and now I have to come out and give you some thanks. With Music Player Remix, my Pre has replaced my iPod: Touch. The interface is absolutely beautiful, and theres been so few bugs I don't even keep track.

However, have you ever thought about integrating a feature that lets you go from the song you're currently playing back to the list of songs you were previously looking at? It seems every time I select a song, and go back it takes me to the Home screen rather than to the list of songs I selected from.

Keep up the great work mate!
    ~Ted
    LG Venus -> Palm Prē Plus -> Apple iPhone 5 -> HP Veer -> HP Prē 3 -> HTC One (M8)
    Great job with the update! Love the social feature. Saw the video and glad to see you got a Pre 2 now. HP/Palm did great giving all those devs at the dev day a Pre 2. Can't wait for webOS 2.0!

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums Beta
  10.    #990  
    Quote Originally Posted by zach_power View Post
    So I am running into a problem, which honestly, could be hidden in these 50 pages but I cannot find it.

I added about 5 diff. artists to a /music/artistname in my Palm, yet when running Music Player (Remix), there are two copies of the same artists and albums.

No sure if this has already been brought up.

Other than that...beautiful app. Simple and Elegant.

~Zach
    Can you check the built-in music app and see if it comes up with the same results? If so, you need to make sure you don't actually have two copies somewhere on your device. If not, then let me know on which screen you're seeing the two copies.

11.    #991  
    Quote Originally Posted by tedthebassist View Post
    Dear DanPLC,

I love you for making this. I've been a long time phantom-user, and now I have to come out and give you some thanks. With Music Player Remix, my Pre has replaced my iPod: Touch. The interface is absolutely beautiful, and theres been so few bugs I don't even keep track.
    Very cool! That's exactly what I'm aiming for...allowing people to ditch their old MP3 players and use their phones.

Quote Originally Posted by tedthebassist View Post
    However, have you ever thought about integrating a feature that lets you go from the song you're currently playing back to the list of songs you were previously looking at? It seems every time I select a song, and go back it takes me to the Home screen rather than to the list of songs I selected from.

Keep up the great work mate!
    ~Ted
    Normally the Back gesture would serve this purpose, but there is a technical reason why I chose to do it this way. It has to do with memory leaks that were present in the old version of the app.

I'm still thinking of ways around this.

12.    #992  
    Quote Originally Posted by LupeValenz View Post
    Great job with the update! Love the social feature. Saw the video and glad to see you got a Pre 2 now. HP/Palm did great giving all those devs at the dev day a Pre 2. Can't wait for webOS 2.0!

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums Beta
    Yeah it was a great surprise when they gave out the Pre 2's. I'm making good use of it with Music Player (Remix) testing.

Speaking of testing, a private beta testing phase has been opened. It's only open to established Palm developers who are in the webOS 2.0 early access program and have Pre 2's. This is due to the webOS 2.0 SDK still being under NDA.

But even though I'm calling it a "beta", it's pretty much ready for an app catalog release. There are a few minor things to finish, but it's essentially done. So once webOS 2.0 is released, it'll be ready to go.

Can you check the built-in music app and see if it comes up with the same results? If so, you need to make sure you don't actually have two copies somewhere on your device. If not, then let me know on which screen you're seeing the two copies.
    It shows on the default music app as well, checked every folder on the palm and the songs are only there once.

Not sure if it has to do with the problem, but the spelling is not the same. Ex: Kid Cudi and KiD CuDi. I went through the song information through rightclicking each mp3 ----> properties and made sure under artist they all said the same thing, however it did not change.
  14.    #994  
    It shows on the default music app as well, checked every folder on the palm and the songs are only there once.

Not sure if it has to do with the problem, but the spelling is not the same. Ex: Kid Cudi and KiD CuDi. I went through the song information through rightclicking each mp3 ----> properties and made sure under artist they all said the same thing, however it did not change.
    Oh so you mean you have two different songs from the same artist and they show up as two different artists, correct? Yeah the app is case-sensitive, so it will treat different capitalizations differently.

You could use an application like MP3Tag to make sure the names are spelled the same. In that application, you can sort by artist name and then highlight all the songs and then change them all at once to the correct artist name. It literally takes seconds to do.

Oh so you mean you have two different songs from the same artist and they show up as two different artists, correct? Yeah the app is case-sensitive, so it will treat different capitalizations differently.

You could use an application like MP3Tag to make sure the names are spelled the same. In that application, you can sort by artist name and then highlight all the songs and then change them all at once to the correct artist name. It literally takes seconds to do.
    What is going on is I have 8 songs by Kid Cudi. Under "Kid Cudi" It shows both albums, and 4 songs from each. Under "KiD CuDi" it shows the same exact things, so its not like the 8 songs are separated between the two titles.

I am still going to try to give the program a shot and will edit with results.

EDIT: Looked through all the details using the MP3tag and each song has the same information. I have reuploaded the songs since I fixed the tags and nothing has changed.
  16.    #996  
    What is going on is I have 8 songs by Kid Cudi. Under "Kid Cudi" It shows both albums, and 4 songs from each. Under "KiD CuDi" it shows the same exact things, so its not like the 8 songs are separated between the two titles.

I am still going to try to give the program a shot and will edit with results.

EDIT: Looked through all the details using the MP3tag and each song has the same information. I have reuploaded the songs since I fixed the tags and nothing has changed.
    If that’s the case‚ there must be two copies of the songs on your device.
    If that’s the case‚ there must be two copies of the songs on your device.
    went through every folder when plugged info my pc. No copies of the music their. I have iternaz as well..however I don't see how themp3s would be in deep hidden directories
  18.    #998  
    went through every folder when plugged info my pc. No copies of the music their. I have iternaz as well..however I don't see how themp3s would be in deep hidden directories
    Either they're in some hidden folders, or the webOS media indexer is confused. I've seen both happen.

thank you so much for the new social network feature... Now I'm sharing all my latino music to my friends... Graciasss!!!!
  20.    #1000  
    Quote Originally Posted by SISGO View Post
    thank you so much for the new social network feature... Now I'm sharing all my latino music to my friends... Graciasss!!!!
    You're welcome! I've seen a bunch of Remix tweets, but has anyone been using the Facebook feature? I don't think there's a way to search Facebook wall postings, so I can't tell.