Page 5 of 88 FirstFirst 123456789101555 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    - When viewing the items in a flylist, tap on the bookmark icon at the bottom of the screen to resume where you left off the last time you played the flylist. Music Player (Remix) will automatically remember your position within all flylists and synced playlists.
    Whoa, that is so cool. So as long as I've set up a flylist for it, I can always resume where I left off in an audiobook, even if I've played other things in the interim!

Okay, so let's complicate things: what if I want to resume play but access that flylist from a fave? Since I plan to have several audiobooks in my fave list at any given time, it would be personally very useful if I could set Remix to "Auto-Resume Faves: Yes". I could see this being useful for playing albums or long mixes from there as well.
  2.    #82  
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanadu73 View Post
    Sequential Play for Genre???

Is there absolutely no way now to sequential play a Genre? I see no way to disable shuffle. The old version you could kinda strong arm it into sequential playing a genre.

M.
    To play any list (including genres) in sequential order, just bring up the list and tap any song you'd like to play first. The list will load up in sequential order (not shuffled). To toggle shuffle, switch to list view on the Now Playing screen (icon is at the top of the screen), then tap on the shuffle icon at the bottom left corner of the screen.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Twitter: @Hedami
  3.    #83  
    Quote Originally Posted by Zen00 View Post
    Just in my testing, when you scroll through the entire alphabet scroller after loading a scene the first time, it will scroll all the way past Z instead of bouncing like it should
    You're correct and as far as I know it's always done this (even in the old version of the app). I can probably edit it to bounce properly on the first scroll...I'll look into it.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Global Posts
    139 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by scotteneal View Post
    In attempting to download via the link provided, I receive the error message 'the file format is not supported'. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
    Here's what you need to do to install via Preware.

-Select the download link in the OP.
    -The IPK gets saved to the /downloads folder on your Pre.
    -Open Preware and select install package
    -then select browse
    -selct downlaods
    -select the music remix ipk (you'll know it's selcted because of the green checkmark)
    -then select install

You'll need to do a luna restart after the installation.
    Tried it all afternoon long, it rocks as planned

With the same wallpaper as my phone, the mini player is perfectly integrated in the lockscreen, scrolling title is very cool feature, and of course, Last.fm !! I'm reborn lol.

Thanks for you excellent job
  6.    #86  
    Quote Originally Posted by zParticle View Post
    Whoa, that is so cool. So as long as I've set up a flylist for it, I can always resume where I left off in an audiobook, even if I've played other things in the interim!
    Correct!

Okay, so let's complicate things: what if I want to resume play but access that flylist from a fave? Since I plan to have several audiobooks in my fave list at any given time, it would be personally very useful if I could set Remix to "Auto-Resume Faves: Yes". I could see this being useful for playing albums or long mixes from there as well.
    So are you asking for an option to have it remember the place in the faves list like it does with flylists? If so, then yes it actually already does this; however you have no way to resume the list currently. The "faves" list is actually a special flylist and thus it has its position saved automatically. I just haven't implemented a way to resume this on-screen.

Is there any way to set a playlist/flylist to always shuffle on load?

Also, sometimes when I close the app, it keeps playing for a few seconds afterwards, including showing up an icon in the notification area before closing.
  8.    #88  
    Is there any way to set a playlist/flylist to always shuffle on load?
    Yes, on the screen that shows the items in a flylist or playlist, tap on the shuffle icon at the bottom of the screen. It will load the flylist or playlist in shuffle mode.

Also, sometimes when I close the app, it keeps playing for a few seconds afterwards, including showing up an icon in the notification area before closing.
    That is correct. It's most likely because of the saving of the auto-resume bookmarks. I perform the saving logic when the app is closed. It's a synchronous operation so it doesn't close out the music player until afterward. Asynchronous operations are not guaranteed to finish if you execute them when the app is shutting down.

However I can try to stop the music prior to saving the auto-bookmarks and see if the music would shut down earlier that way.

Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    So are you asking for an option to have it remember the place in the faves list like it does with flylists? If so, then yes it actually already does this; however you have no way to resume the list currently. The "faves" list is actually a special flylist and thus it has its position saved automatically. I just haven't implemented a way to resume this on-screen.
    I'm talking about resuming my position within each individual fave; I don't think I'd ever need to play through the entire list of faves sequentially.

So if I click on the third fave down, Neil Stephenson's Diamond Age, it will start playing exactly where I left off, in the middle of chapter 37.

I understand that since the fave goes right to Play mode, there's no place to choose a resume or other operation. So I was just thinking it might be handy to have a preference to always resume these instead of restarting at the beginning each time.
    So here's what I'm doing. I favorited my flylist, so I click on it in the favorites list. It opens the first song in the cover art mode, so I switch to list mode, there I click on the shuffle icon in the lower left hand corner. Then I go back to the home screen and pick my playlist again, it should load shuffled, right? Because it's not, what am I doing wrong there?
  11.    #91  
    I'm talking about resuming my position within each individual fave; I don't think I'd ever need to play through the entire list of faves sequentially.

So if I click on the third fave down, Neil Stephenson's Diamond Age, it will start playing exactly where I left off, in the middle of chapter 37.

I understand that since the fave goes right to Play mode, there's no place to choose a resume or other operation. So I was just thinking it might be handy to have a preference to always resume these instead of restarting at the beginning each time.
    I think I understand what you're talking about. You're asking if you have a flylist or playlist saved in the Faves list, if you could have some way to load just that list and resume position. That's a really good idea. I'll have to think of a way to do this. But in the meantime, you'll need to go to the flylist's list screen and select the bookmark to resume the auto-bookmark.

12.    #92  
    So here's what I'm doing. I favorited my flylist, so I click on it in the favorites list. It opens the first song in the cover art mode, so I switch to list mode, there I click on the shuffle icon in the lower left hand corner. Then I go back to the home screen and pick my playlist again, it should load shuffled, right? Because it's not, what am I doing wrong there?
    No. When you tap on the shuffle icon it will shuffle the list right there and then. There's no need to go back to the home screen and reload the list. In fact doing so would load the list again in sequential order.

I think I'll be adding a shuffle option to the faves list so you won't have to toggle the shuffle on.

That's what I was hoping for. An "Always shuffle this list" option.
  14.    #94  
    That's what I was hoping for. An "Always shuffle this list" option.
    The Faves shuffle button, once I add this, will allow you to load the Faves list in a random order. So I think that's what you're asking for.

15.    #95  
    OK. Thank you. How is this obvious to a user when the only available play mode icon is a shuffle and repeat? Shouldn't the shuffle icon change to two parallel lines or something?

(I'd ask why these play mode options are now "hidden" and not obvious like they used to be, but maybe that's just me)

M.
    When you tap on either the shuffle or repeat icons, they glow in a blue color to indicate that mode is on. Tapping the icon again will remove the blue glow thus indicating the mode is off.

I wanted to re-design the Now Playing screen to make accessing the things you do most often easier. To accomplish this, I removed all of the buttons at the bottom of the screen (pause/play, next, previous, shuffle, repeat). I then made tap areas in the middle of the screen to allow the user to pause/play and skip tracks. This resulted in a de-cluttered screen with more finger-friendly music controls. It also allowed me to keep the scrubber bar at the bottom of the screen and increase the song/album/artist information area (which is also a tappable button that brings up the current artist's albums).

I moved the shuffle and repeat buttons to the List View screen because they're really not options that people toggle multiple times when listening to a playlist. And having them on the List View screen seems appropriate considering they're associated with the behavior of the list.

So in the end, the most commonly used functions should be available on the Now Playing screen (album art view) and are presented with less clutter.

Shouldn't the shuffle icon change to two parallel lines or something?
    It's an interesting idea, but the problem with having dynamic icons represent the current state of the shuffle and repeat controls would be that the default state provides a much less descriptive representation of what the buttons are actually for. Two parallel arrows for "sequential play", a single arrow for "no repeat"—you'd probably just think "what's with all the arrows?"

By the way, I just noticed when playing around with this that the actual shuffle schedule is shown in the playlist view as soon as you hit shuffle, and you can tweak the order by dragging items around. How cool is that?
    Last edited by zParticle; 09/03/2010 at 02:18 PM.
  17.    #97  
    By the way, I just noticed when playing around with this that the actual shuffle schedule is shown in the playlist view as soon as you hit shuffle, and you can tweak the order by dragging items around. How cool is that?
    This is true. And if you didn't know already, the little icons next to each item in the current playlist allow you to queue that item to play next in the list. So if you're scrolling far down the current playlist and find something you'd like to listen to next, instead of having to drag it all the way back up the list, you can tap on the icon next to the item and it automatically moves up the list.

Global Posts
    189 Global Posts
    Noticed you can reorder the notification bars like the scrubber can be moved to the top, etc. When you reorder though the background image doesn't change so you end up with the image being distorted.
    Attached Images Attached Images
  19.    #99  
    Quote Originally Posted by Smubeht View Post
    Noticed you can reorder the notification bars like the scrubber can be moved to the top, etc. When you reorder though the background image doesn't change so you end up with the image being distorted.
    That's true. Each mini-player module is a normal webOS dashboard notification. As far as I know, there's no way for my app to detect the user has re-ordered the notifications, so there's no way for me to dynamically adjust the wallpaper.

Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    You have done a marvelous job with this app. Keep up the good work. Can't wait to compensate you when it's in the app store.