Page 49 of 88 FirstFirst ... 39444546474849505152535459 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by wla2000 View Post
    Oops - I ran WebOSQuickInstall.jar. It seemed to work - app is running and shows correct version. Had to type that upupdowndownetcetc code, which isn't fun, but I think it worked.
    Just an FYI to a new guy
    1. You can also type webos20090606 (WebOS launch date) instead of upupdowndownleftrightleftrightbastart (The "Konami code")
    2. There is a patch available to unhide the Developer Mode icon. Get it either thru WOSQI or Preware, Preware is much easier (no computer needed)

Mine-Sprint Samsung Galaxy Nexus 4G/LTE
    Sprint Pre, 1.4.5 overclocked with F102A Delta Dagger - retired 12-18-11
    Wife's- Sprint LG Viper 4G/LTE
    R.I.P. - My Launch day Pre - 06-06-09--04-18-11

Never trust a computer (or phone) named after a fruit.
  2.    #962  
    Quote Originally Posted by prolongexistence View Post
    Just an FYI to a new guy
    1. You can also type webos20090606 (WebOS launch date) instead of upupdowndownleftrightleftrightbastart (The "Konami code")
    2. There is a patch available to unhide the Developer Mode icon. Get it either thru WOSQI or Preware, Preware is much easier (no computer needed)
    That is true, but entering in the Konami code is so much more fun! It brings back memories of Life Force and Contra.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Twitter: @Hedami
    Dan,

I laughed about the attic trip - I hear ya!

Thanks for the info - I believe you are correct about the missing files being WMA. I'll have a closer look and likely convert them.

Last question. Do you have a conversion program you would recommend? I'm probably most interested in speed as the number of files to convert is large (like yours). Obviously speed is pointless if it doesn't also generate a quality result.

Thanks again!
  4.    #964  
    Quote Originally Posted by Treoinmypocket View Post
    Dan,

I laughed about the attic trip - I hear ya!

Thanks for the info - I believe you are correct about the missing files being WMA. I'll have a closer look and likely convert them.

Last question. Do you have a conversion program you would recommend? I'm probably most interested in speed as the number of files to convert is large (like yours). Obviously speed is pointless if it doesn't also generate a quality result.

Thanks again!
    I haven't tried converting them, so I'd be interested in finding out what other conversion programs people are using. The audio quality is going to suffer no matter which conversion program you use since you're converting a lossy compressed file into another lossy format.

Also certain conversion applications may have a hard time converting DMA-protected WMA files to MP3, which many of mine are. However I suspect there are probably applications that do it. One day I'll see what my options are. But in the meantime I've re-purchased a few of my favorite tracks from Amazon.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Global Posts
    775 Global Posts
    I use dbPoweramp Music Converter. I rip all my music to FLAC and then use the Batch Converter to create M4A files for my Pre + and iPods.
    Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.

Palm III -> Palm V -> Viewsonic Pocket PC V36 -> Treo 650 -> Samsung i760 ->
    Palm Pre Plus -> Palm Pre 2 > Samsung Galaxy Nexus & HP TouchPad

Android 4.1 - Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    CM9 Alpha 2 Official Nightly w/WebCM9 0.4 - HP TouchPad

Twitter: @noseph47
  6.    #966  
    Quote Originally Posted by noseph View Post
    I use dbPoweramp Music Converter. I rip all my music to FLAC and then use the Batch Converter to create M4A files for my Pre + and iPods.
    Yeah now that I think about it, I've used dbPoweramp in the past. It works well.

I wish I would have used FLAC back in the day when I converted all my CDs, but a) I didn't know about it, and b) I probably wouldn't have had the space to store all the files.

this apps is great man..tx a lot for ur effort!
  8.    #968  
    Quote Originally Posted by chaukian View Post
    this apps is great man..tx a lot for ur effort!
    Thanks a lot!

I believe I've used MediaMonkey to convert wma files. MediaMonkey is probably the best choice to use to sync your media anyway.

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-s...diamonkey.html

Mine-Sprint Samsung Galaxy Nexus 4G/LTE
    Sprint Pre, 1.4.5 overclocked with F102A Delta Dagger - retired 12-18-11
    Wife's- Sprint LG Viper 4G/LTE
    R.I.P. - My Launch day Pre - 06-06-09--04-18-11

Never trust a computer (or phone) named after a fruit.
    Global Posts
    117 Global Posts
    Today being the day after Thanksgiving, I added all my Holiday genre music to my Pre Plus today. Previously, I'd had no Holiday music on the phone. After synching, I wanted to play all my Holiday music, but that genre does not show up on the genre list.

The genres of the music are correct on the device--meaning, when I connect the device via USB mode and add a Genre column in Explorer, the songs show a genre of Holiday. So I have to assume there's some "refresh" process necessary to update the genre list.

How do I tell Remix or the Pre to update the list of available genres?
  11.    #971  
    Quote Originally Posted by Zahid View Post
    Today being the day after Thanksgiving, I added all my Holiday genre music to my Pre Plus today. Previously, I'd had no Holiday music on the phone. After synching, I wanted to play all my Holiday music, but that genre does not show up on the genre list.

The genres of the music are correct on the device--meaning, when I connect the device via USB mode and add a Genre column in Explorer, the songs show a genre of Holiday. So I have to assume there's some "refresh" process necessary to update the genre list.

How do I tell Remix or the Pre to update the list of available genres?
    The webOS media indexer is responsible for listing which genres are on the device. If the songs have shown up in the app but the genres haven't, then for some reason the indexer is not reading the genre from the music file tags.

Try loading up the music files in an application such as Media Monkey or MP3Tag and see if the tags are correct in there.

12.    #972  
    Several people have asked me to add Twitter and Facebook integration, so I've done it! The private beta version of the app now has the ability to post the currently playing song to either Twitter or Facebook.

You can view a demonstration of this feature here:

I may add this feature to the public beta build, but I'm not sure yet. It depends if I have the time to do it. I'm still working on some other stuff in my private beta build.

I'll also be posting 2 more videos tomorrow. The first one demonstrates the new Just Type and Quick Action webOS 2.0 features (really cool stuff!) and the second one demonstrates the new super-quick, lag-free song/album/artist scrolling lists with alphabet selectors that react instantly.

Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    Several people have asked me to add Twitter and Facebook integration, so I've done it! The private beta version of the app now has the ability to post the currently playing song to either Twitter or Facebook.

You can view a demonstration of this feature here:
    Very cool! Watched the video, and finally watched the autolists video as well. Psyched for the new features!

One thing that jumped to mind regarding autolists was to have one that has the app randomly select one from among the others. If this is implemented I think the app should, if only temporarily (and if so, with zazz), display which autolist was chosen.

Also... Is the list of different autolist types reorderable? If not (and if possible) it definitely should be!

I'll also be posting 2 more videos tomorrow. The first one demonstrates the new Just Type and Quick Action webOS 2.0 features (really cool stuff!) and the second one demonstrates the new super-quick, lag-free song/album/artist scrolling lists with alphabet selectors that react instantly.

Excited to see exactly what you did with Just Type and Quick Actions. Although I gotta say, the second video kinda intrigues me more, partially because this app is already up toward the top of the list of smooth experiences on my Pre. If you may discuss it: To what do we owe this pleasure?
    Global Posts
    117 Global Posts
    The webOS media indexer is responsible for listing which genres are on the device. If the songs have shown up in the app but the genres haven't, then for some reason the indexer is not reading the genre from the music file tags.

Try loading up the music files in an application such as Media Monkey or MP3Tag and see if the tags are correct in there.
    I just installed MP3Tag and verified that there are at least some songs on the device with a genre of Holiday, but that still doesn't show up in the genre list. How can I force the WebOS media indexer to rescan?

By they way, between the time I posted my question and the time you responded, I removed all the songs and re-added them. When I next started Remix, it displayed a message like "rescanning your music library ... if this takes more than 10 seconds, try rebooting your device." It took longer than 10 seconds, but I let it go, and when it was done, the genre list was still wrong. I then restarted, to no avail.
  15.    #975  
    Quote Originally Posted by Zahid View Post
    I just installed MP3Tag and verified that there are at least some songs on the device with a genre of Holiday, but that still doesn't show up in the genre list. How can I force the WebOS media indexer to rescan?

By they way, between the time I posted my question and the time you responded, I removed all the songs and re-added them. When I next started Remix, it displayed a message like "rescanning your music library ... if this takes more than 10 seconds, try rebooting your device." It took longer than 10 seconds, but I let it go, and when it was done, the genre list was still wrong. I then restarted, to no avail.
    If it hasn't picked it up after a reboot, then it probably never will. I've also had similar issues with genres not showing up. I'm not sure why the media indexer has problems with some files.

16.    #976  
    Quote Originally Posted by Psychonaut View Post
    Very cool! Watched the video, and finally watched the autolists video as well. Psyched for the new features!

One thing that jumped to mind regarding autolists was to have one that has the app randomly select one from among the others. If this is implemented I think the app should, if only temporarily (and if so, with zazz), display which autolist was chosen.
    It's an intriguing idea; however I'm not so sure people would really use a "pick a random autolist" feature.

Also... Is the list of different autolist types reorderable? If not (and if possible) it definitely should be!
    Currently all the autolists fit on a single screen without needing to scroll, so I'm not sure there is currently a need to being able re-order them. If I add more in the future, I'll probably add this feature.

Excited to see exactly what you did with Just Type and Quick Actions. Although I gotta say, the second video kinda intrigues me more, partially because this app is already up toward the top of the list of smooth experiences on my Pre. If you may discuss it: To what do we owe this pleasure?
    It's due to better programming. To work with the new media indexer in webOS 2.0, I had to redesign the way I populate the song/album/artist/genre/etc. lists. So I took the opportunity to do it the right way and that resulted in the speed improvement.

17.    #977  
    Here are the links to the 3 new videos I shot:

18.    #978  
    Good news folks... I ported over the social networking feature (Twitter and Facebook posting) to the public beta. Version 1.99.28 has been uploaded in PreCentral and should be available in Preware soon. If you can't wait for Preware to update, you can grab the IPK here: http://uploads.precentral.net/homebr...-remix-20-beta

Also available in this release is the finished Help screen. So check it out in the app menu.

Here are the links to the 3 new videos I shot:

Ok there are some neat features here. Does this have ogg vorbis support yet?

Thanks, Mark
    Last edited by msdavies; 11/27/2010 at 09:58 AM. Reason: title typo
  20.    #980  
    Quote Originally Posted by msdavies View Post
    Ok there are some neat features here. Does this have ogg vorbis support yet?

Thanks, Mark
    No ogg vorbis support. I wouldn't expect to see that for awhile, if ever. HTML5 audio in webOS does not have ogg vorbis support. PDK audio does provide it; however I'm not planning on switching to PDK audio in the near future (or maybe ever).