Page 48 of 88 FirstFirst ... 38434445464748495051525358 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
  1.    #941  
    Quote Originally Posted by Psychonaut View Post
    You're the man, Dan. That's great news! Can't wait to purchase!

p.s. Autolists sounds cool. Curious to scope the details.
    Thanks... Autolists are definitely cool. I'm currently working on another big feature that several people have asked me about. So look out for an announcement on that shortly.
    Even more reason to be excited about webOS 2.0! Can't wait to see the new features in action.
    I don't know if this is a bug or just a feature, but I have 2 bands in the favorites list on the first scene, and when I tap one, both bands are put into the Now Playing, as if combining them. I just want to listen to that one band...

Also can't wait for MPR to be in the App Catalog. Will be one of the first webOS 2.0 apps I get.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
  4.    #944  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakeeeee View Post
    I don't know if this is a bug or just a feature, but I have 2 bands in the favorites list on the first scene, and when I tap one, both bands are put into the Now Playing, as if combining them. I just want to listen to that one band...
    That's the intended behavior. Think of the Faves list as a special flylist. I may provide an option to treat it the way you're describing, but right now that's the behavior.

Quote Originally Posted by Jakeeeee View Post
    Also can't wait for MPR to be in the App Catalog. Will be one of the first webOS 2.0 apps I get.
    Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    Try rebooting your phone. If that doesn't work, try hooking up your device in "USB Mode" and copy a music file over, disconnect your device, and reload the app.
    Hi, I just install your app, it seems pretty good but I have an issue, I'm stuck with the spinner in every tags, the app don't recognize my files.
    I tried with the built-in app and everything is fine with this one, I putted one more file to see and rebooted but I still have the spinning.
    I only use drag&drop...any solve, I really like your app even if it doesn't work with me.
    Edit : Don't know if it helps my phone is a Pre 2.
    Last edited by KromaXamorK; 11/21/2010 at 06:03 AM.
  6.    #946  
    Quote Originally Posted by KromaXamorK View Post
    Hi, I just install your app, it seems pretty good but I have an issue, I'm stuck with the spinner in every tags, the app don't recognize my files.
    I tried with the built-in app and everything is fine with this one, I putted one more file to see and rebooted but I still have the spinning.
    I only use drag&drop...any solve, I really like your app even if it doesn't work with me.
    Edit : Don't know if it helps my phone is a Pre 2.
    The public beta is designed for webOS 1.x devices. It will not work on webOS 2.0 devices because the media indexer API changed. But the final app catalog version will work on your device.
    So I can stop knocking my head on the wall, I will wait the webOS 2.0's version.
    Thanks for your reply.^^
  8.    #948  
    Quote Originally Posted by KromaXamorK View Post
    So I can stop knocking my head on the wall, I will wait the webOS 2.0's version.
    Thanks for your reply.^^
    Yeah sorry about that. Up until yesterday, I haven't been able to discuss the media indexer due to the NDA I signed with Palm. And I still can't discuss any details about the media indexer API other than to say they're opening it up to developers so now we can access the media on the device without having to name our app com.palm.* which allows the app to be submitted to the catalog.
    More waiting, most pleasure.
    Hmm, I'll see if I can find a way around it. I may just stick with Just Typing ;P
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
    Dan - This is a great app and I'm enjoying it!

This is a basic "getting started" kind of question and forgive me for being such a dolt for even asking but, I have taken all my old music and put it into remix as prescribed...yet I don't see all of those files. I am probably only seeing something like 30% of them.

Just so you know, my music files date back to when Napster was free and you had to choose the compression on the file you wanted.

Should I be attempting some sort of universal file format conversion in order to see the missing music?

I haven't provided a list of file formats here because I thought you might be saying "oh geez! Is this guy clueless!" right about now and it would have been a waste of time to do so.

Feel free to impune my intellect - lol - but at least set me on the right path while you do it!
  12.    #952  
    Quote Originally Posted by Treoinmypocket View Post
    Dan - This is a great app and I'm enjoying it!

This is a basic "getting started" kind of question and forgive me for being such a dolt for even asking but, I have taken all my old music and put it into remix as prescribed...yet I don't see all of those files. I am probably only seeing something like 30% of them.

Just so you know, my music files date back to when Napster was free and you had to choose the compression on the file you wanted.

Should I be attempting some sort of universal file format conversion in order to see the missing music?

I haven't provided a list of file formats here because I thought you might be saying "oh geez! Is this guy clueless!" right about now and it would have been a waste of time to do so.

Feel free to impune my intellect - lol - but at least set me on the right path while you do it!
    I don't think it's a stupid question. But I think it'll be easy to answer. I'm guessing your missing files are WMA format. Unfortunately they're not supported in webOS. The file formats supported are MP3s, AACs (non-protected), and WAVs. I think there are a few other minor formats as well.

I'm in the same boat... I have about 150 WMA files that currently do not show up. So the only option is to either convert them to MP3 using an application or buy new ones from Amazon or some other online store. It sucks because many of them were purchased from the old URGE store. So now I have to purchase them again. The other files I converted to WMA from my old CDs, but they're all in the attic and I really don't feel like going up there and trying to find them.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Twitter: @Hedami
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    Hello. I've been using Remix (v 1.99.26) for several weeks now on my Palm Pre Plus and have been enjoying using it. However I have one issue. I've tried to look for a discussion of it elsewhere on this forum, but haven't figured out what key words to use to find it.

I appear to be losing a second or two at the end of each track as they are played. If there happens to be silence at the end of course I'm not missing anything, but sometimes content goes all the way to the end and then I miss it.

I am listening to audio book MP3 files that I have copied from CDs - in some cases the MP3s were already on the CDs, and in others I used Power2Go to rip the CDs and create MP3s to transfer to my Pre.

I just verified by listening to some of the tracks on my computer, and was able to hear the end of each track clearly.

Is this something you already know about and are working on? If not, please add this to your list, or perhaps you (or somebody) can let me know what I'm doing wrong.

Thanks for your fine app. I will be in line to buy it when the WebOS 2.0 version hits the catalog.
  14.    #954  
    Quote Originally Posted by wla2000 View Post
    Hello. I've been using Remix (v 1.99.26) for several weeks now on my Palm Pre Plus and have been enjoying using it. However I have one issue. I've tried to look for a discussion of it elsewhere on this forum, but haven't figured out what key words to use to find it.

I appear to be losing a second or two at the end of each track as they are played. If there happens to be silence at the end of course I'm not missing anything, but sometimes content goes all the way to the end and then I miss it.

I am listening to audio book MP3 files that I have copied from CDs - in some cases the MP3s were already on the CDs, and in others I used Power2Go to rip the CDs and create MP3s to transfer to my Pre.

I just verified by listening to some of the tracks on my computer, and was able to hear the end of each track clearly.

Is this something you already know about and are working on? If not, please add this to your list, or perhaps you (or somebody) can let me know what I'm doing wrong.

Thanks for your fine app. I will be in line to buy it when the WebOS 2.0 version hits the catalog.
    Check out the "Known Issues" section in the first post of this thread. The "strange issues" I'm referring to in longer files includes the behavior you're describing. I haven't played around with any longer files on webOS 2.0 yet, so I'm not sure if this issue is fixed. But when I get a chance, I'll definitely investigate it.
    Last edited by DanPLC; 11/23/2010 at 02:58 PM.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

15.    #955  
    Hello. I've been using Remix (v 1.99.26) for several weeks...
    One thing I forgot to mention is you should update to the latest public beta version (1.99.27). While this has nothing to do with your issue, it's always a good idea to run the most up-to-date version.

Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    Dan:
    I found your "strange" issue and note that you have observed it in the built-in music app as well as Remix. Hopefully WebOS 2 will fix that.

The audio tracks in my audio book are longish, but not super-long like some audiobooks are. These are about 8-10 minutes, which is longer than most popular songs. Does 8-10 minutes fit your definition of "long".

I'll dig up my Homebrew instructions and see if I can update my version of your software.

Thanks.
    Dan:

I'll dig up my Homebrew instructions and see if I can update my version of your software.

Thanks.
    No need for Homebrew instructions, just run Preware and update through there!

Mine-Sprint Samsung Galaxy Nexus 4G/LTE
    Sprint Pre, 1.4.5 overclocked with F102A Delta Dagger - retired 12-18-11
    Wife's- Sprint LG Viper 4G/LTE
    R.I.P. - My Launch day Pre - 06-06-09--04-18-11

Never trust a computer (or phone) named after a fruit.
  18.    #958  
    Dan:
    I found your "strange" issue and note that you have observed it in the built-in music app as well as Remix. Hopefully WebOS 2 will fix that.

The audio tracks in my audio book are longish, but not super-long like some audiobooks are. These are about 8-10 minutes, which is longer than most popular songs. Does 8-10 minutes fit your definition of "long".

Thanks.
    Yes, that would be considered "long".

Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    Oops - I ran WebOSQuickInstall.jar. It seemed to work - app is running and shows correct version. Had to type that upupdowndownetcetc code, which isn't fun, but I think it worked.
  20.    #960  
    Oops - I ran WebOSQuickInstall.jar. It seemed to work - app is running and shows correct version. Had to type that upupdowndownetcetc code, which isn't fun, but I think it worked.
    That should work fine.