Page 47 of 88 FirstFirst ... 37424344454647484950515257 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    Thanks DanPLC!
  2.    #922  
    Quote Originally Posted by Janna890 View Post
    Thanks DanPLC!
    Thanks for letting me know about the issue.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Twitter: @Hedami
  3.    #923  
    Version 1.99.27 has been submitted to PreCentral and should show up in Preware soon. It updates the Last.FM scrobbler API base url to allow scrobbling to work again.

If you can't wait for Preware to update, you can pick up the IPK here: http://www.precentral.net/homebrew-a...-remix-20-beta
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    I'll consider adding an option to choose whether to remember the shuffle status of a list.
    That would be awesome!!! It's been driving me bonkers (a short trip) that it remembers my song, but doesn't remember the shuffle setting. Anyway I do love the app, it's simply amazing!! Thank you so much!!
    Long Live Palm
  5.    #925  
    I just completed a brand new feature in my private beta build called Autolists. Autolists are playlists that are automatically generated based upon certain conditions such as play count and last play date.

Here's a video demonstrating Autolists:

Global Posts
    310 Global Posts
    I just completed a brand new feature in my private beta build called Autolists. ......
    DanPLC -- that sounds great! Thanks
    Palm History: Sony Clie T615C --> T|X --> Pre+ --> Pre3 Aspirations -->
  7.    #927  
    Last night I finished implementing Just Type and Quick Action (webOS 2.0) support. It really is a great way to quickly find what you're looking for. I think everyone's going to really like the way I've used this new technology.

I wish I could demonstrate it in a video, because it really is impressive; however we're not allowed to show webOS 2.0 features in the emulator since the SDK hasn't been released out of beta yet.

I'm excited to think about the different ways developers will be using the Just Type / Quick Action technology. It's going to make daily use of the phone much more efficient.

That sounds really great! When are you planning to release the version with the Autolist? Just can't wait to give it a try :-)
  9.    #929  
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamcatcher View Post
    That sounds really great! When are you planning to release the version with the Autolist? Just can't wait to give it a try :-)
    From here on out, for various reasons, newer features probably won't make it into the public beta build. But they'll be available in the final app catalog version.

From here on out, for various reasons, newer features probably won't make it into the public beta build. But they'll be available in the final app catalog version.
    Thanks Dan. I'll be looking forward to the final app version. Hopefully we get WebOS 2.0 sooner than later.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    When I'm using Remix and it's the active card, my screen stays lit. Is this normal? I didn't see an option in Preferences. I don't think this was always happening. I'm using 1.99.27
    My gadget list-TouchPad, Pre 3, Pre 2, Pre+, Pixi+, Treo 700p, Treo 650, Centro, Handspring, Kyocera 6035, 7135-all with Verizon.
    Does WebOS 2.0 fix the problem with back/skip xx secs or mins in long media files like audiobooks?
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by broncot View Post
    When I'm using Remix and it's the active card, my screen stays lit. Is this normal? I didn't see an option in Preferences. I don't think this was always happening. I'm using 1.99.27
    Go to the home screen. The top left icon (an image of a Pre) switches the "screen always on" feature off. If the icon is dim the feature is off - if its bright the feature is on.
  14.    #934  
    Quote Originally Posted by broncot View Post
    There are 3 icons at the top left corner of the home screen. The first one looks like a Palm Pre. Tap it to toggle the option to force the screen on.
  15.    #935  
    Quote Originally Posted by solarus View Post
    Go to the home screen. The top left icon (an image of a Pre) switches the "screen always on" feature off. If the icon is dim the feature is off - if its bright the feature is on.
    Thanks for responding. I didn't see your reply until after I wrote mine.
  16.    #936  
    Quote Originally Posted by swieder View Post
    Does WebOS 2.0 fix the problem with back/skip xx secs or mins in long media files like audiobooks?
    I can't discuss this since the 2.0 SDK is still under an NDA. But you could post the question in the Pre 2 forum and see if anyone with a Pre 2 can try out a large audio file in the stock music app.
  17.    #937  
    I have some great news that I finally can share with everyone. Some of you probably already guessed this, so it may not be a total surprise. I'm attending the Palm Dev conference and Gray Norton (Palm) gave a presentation on webOS 2.0's new features. There has been a particular feature of webOS 2.0 that has up until now not been disclosed publicly. I asked him if it was ok to disclose this to the public, and he said it was fine.

So I can now officially announce that the media indexing APIs are now available to developers in webOS 2.0. Which means that Music Player (Remix) will be released in the app catalog as soon as the webOS 2.0 update is pushed out to existing phones.

In addition to the new media indexing API, the app is going to take advantage of several new webOS 2.0 features such as Just Type (for searching for songs/albums/artists/playlists/etc.) and Quick Actions (for quickly launching playlists, flylists, or autolists). Now that I have a Pre 2, I can create a video demonstrating these new features. So look out for that soon.

You're the man, Dan. That's great news! Can't wait to purchase!

p.s. Autolists sounds cool. Curious to scope the details.
    Great news, Very Nice meeting you at Dev Day (I had the black M.U.L.E. ****) at lunch. Have a great trip
  20.    #940  
    Quote Originally Posted by slydog43 View Post
    Great news, Very Nice meeting you at Dev Day (I had the black M.U.L.E. ****) at lunch. Have a great trip
    Yeah it was good chatting with you.