Page 46 of 88 FirstFirst ... 36414243444546474849505156 ... LastLast
Results 901 to 920 of 1753
Like Tree3Likes
  1. cmahy's Avatar
    Posts
    300 Posts
    Global Posts
    310 Global Posts
    #901  
    DanPLC -- I know you posted this somewhere in the forums, but, am having trouble finding it. Do you have a listing of all the keyboard shortcuts used by Music Player 2.0?

    Great app, by the way!
  2.    #902  
    Quote Originally Posted by timcorb View Post
    sorry I should have mentioned i 'm pretty sure the charge override function in govnah is what causes it.
    I'm not sure what I can do in my app to workaround an issue with another app/kernel.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

    Twitter: @Hedami
  3.    #903  
    Quote Originally Posted by cmahy View Post
    DanPLC -- I know you posted this somewhere in the forums, but, am having trouble finding it. Do you have a listing of all the keyboard shortcuts used by Music Player 2.0?

    Great app, by the way!
    Thanks I'm glad you're enjoying it. Here's the list of keyboard shortcuts: http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...ml#post2668883
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

    Twitter: @Hedami
  4. #904  
    Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    Can you describe the issue a little more? I don't know what an "interpret" is. It'll help if you can describe the problem in more detail and indicate what the "ugly error" is.
    So sorry I didn't reply sooner.
    Ok let's assume you don't have any artist whos name begins with "x". Navigate to the artist's list and on the right side, scroll down the tiny bar until you can select "x" to jump to that part of the list. Tap "x". Bam.
    Instead, you should go to the next entry below that mark, i.e. the first artist starting with "y" and so on.

    Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    I'm sorry to hear another webOS user has jumped ship. Hopefully future HP devices will bring you and other people back.
    Yeah you tell me. Palm imho is simply too ****ed up in terms of hardware (no discussion here I think). I wouldn't have jumped to Android if my Pre's mic didn't die and Palm/O2 (my carrier) left me cold.
    Anyways, Android's music player selection is a mess. Dan, you'd make a fortune there

    Regards, J

    (Did you realize I still refer to Android as "there"?)
    Best webOS-mod ever: have a look
  5. #905  
    I was just curious if anybody was having same issue. Thanks for the quick response, love your app.
  6. cmahy's Avatar
    Posts
    300 Posts
    Global Posts
    310 Global Posts
    #906  
    Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    Thanks I'm glad you're enjoying it. Here's the list of keyboard shortcuts: http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...ml#post2668883
    DanPLC -- I'm not sure if this is the right forum to ask, but, I for one would love to have a 'custom keyboard shortcut' mapping tool. The shortcuts you have are great, but, I would love to map some of the other features (most importantly, the 'shuffle all' function) to a key.

    My reason: it's illegal here to use the phone while driving. So, I queue up a podcast (ie: PalmCast) before I go to work. If I get to the end of the podcast before I get there, I always land on the same song (starting with P) and go through my songs in alphabetical order. I was hoping there would be some way to press a 'shuffle all' button without having to look at / use the touch screen.

    Thanks again. FYI, this isn't a complaint, rather, a request for a possible new feature.
  7.    #907  
    Quote Originally Posted by ltjSpin View Post
    So sorry I didn't reply sooner.
    Ok let's assume you don't have any artist whos name begins with "x". Navigate to the artist's list and on the right side, scroll down the tiny bar until you can select "x" to jump to that part of the list. Tap "x". Bam.
    Instead, you should go to the next entry below that mark, i.e. the first artist starting with "y" and so on.
    In my private build of the app, it acts in the way you're desiring. It would go to the first "Y" when selecting "X" and no artists begin with the letter "X".

    Quote Originally Posted by ltjSpin View Post
    Yeah you tell me. Palm imho is simply too ****ed up in terms of hardware (no discussion here I think). I wouldn't have jumped to Android if my Pre's mic didn't die and Palm/O2 (my carrier) left me cold.
    Anyways, Android's music player selection is a mess. Dan, you'd make a fortune there

    Regards, J

    (Did you realize I still refer to Android as "there"?)
    It'll be interesting to see what HP comes out with in the next few months (in terms of hardware). They really need to make a bang to stay in the game.

    I've had a few people contact me about porting Music Player (Remix) and GeoStrings to Android. It may be something I consider in the future.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

    Twitter: @Hedami
  8.    #908  
    Quote Originally Posted by cmahy View Post
    DanPLC -- I'm not sure if this is the right forum to ask, but, I for one would love to have a 'custom keyboard shortcut' mapping tool. The shortcuts you have are great, but, I would love to map some of the other features (most importantly, the 'shuffle all' function) to a key.

    My reason: it's illegal here to use the phone while driving. So, I queue up a podcast (ie: PalmCast) before I go to work. If I get to the end of the podcast before I get there, I always land on the same song (starting with P) and go through my songs in alphabetical order. I was hoping there would be some way to press a 'shuffle all' button without having to look at / use the touch screen.

    Thanks again. FYI, this isn't a complaint, rather, a request for a possible new feature.
    Is it illegal to use a phone while driving, or just to hold it? I place my phone in a dashboard mount while driving. I find it's a breeze to swipe at the top of the screen from right to left to go back to the main menu. Then tap on "Shuffle All". I'm a big "Shuffle All" fan, so I do it all the time.

    But I can see the need for some people to have quick access to the "Shuffle All" function. I suppose the Enter key could be mapped to this function. Or you could copy the iPhone/iPod and give the user the option to shuffle by shaking the phone (which would be configurable on the Preferences screen). However either solution would require that the screen was on. But the app allows you to force the screen to stay on (via the option on the home screen), so that shouldn't be a problem.

    Just out of curiosity, what other functions would you imagine being mapped to keys?
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

    Twitter: @Hedami
  9. cmahy's Avatar
    Posts
    300 Posts
    Global Posts
    310 Global Posts
    #909  
    Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    Is it illegal to use a phone while driving, or just to hold it? I place my phone in a dashboard mount while driving. I find it's a breeze to swipe at the top of the screen from right to left to go back to the main menu. Then tap on "Shuffle All". I'm a big "Shuffle All" fan, so I do it all the time.

    But I can see the need for some people to have quick access to the "Shuffle All" function. I suppose the Enter key could be mapped to this function. Or you could copy the iPhone/iPod and give the user the option to shuffle by shaking the phone (which would be configurable on the Preferences screen). However either solution would require that the screen was on. But the app allows you to force the screen to stay on (via the option on the home screen), so that shouldn't be a problem.

    Just out of curiosity, what other functions would you imagine being mapped to keys?
    The laws here in Ontario (Canada) aren't clear, but they frown on 'personal electronic use' I leave my pre open in the centre console and feel out the keys without looking.

    The enter key would work great (if this happens). Other handy functions for me would be:

    -skip back 20 seconds
    -skip forward 20 seconds
    -Possibly 'Load Flylist X' (this might be complicated to do)

    Thanks again.
    P.S. Do you have a tip for bringing your app up as the active card after a call/dialer app steals the screen? Perhaps I should use the lock tool?
  10. #910  
    I am wanting to start over with fresh songs. I delete them in music folder (USB) but they are still there, unplayable, but still there. I am able to view hidden files. I have repeatedly restarted palm. Nothing seems to wipe remix clean so I can start again. I have looked but can't find anything on this. Any suggestions?
  11.    #911  
    Quote Originally Posted by Whitenone View Post
    I am wanting to start over with fresh songs. I delete them in music folder (USB) but they are still there, unplayable, but still there. I am able to view hidden files. I have repeatedly restarted palm. Nothing seems to wipe remix clean so I can start again. I have looked but can't find anything on this. Any suggestions?
    I'm sure if you check the built-in music app you'll see the same songs show up. This is out of the control of any single music app. The app gets its list of songs (and albums, genres, artists, playlists) from the webOS media indexer. I've seen other cases of this happening to other people. I don't know of a solution other than to reboot the device or perhaps try copying another music file to your device to see if the media indexer will reset.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

    Twitter: @Hedami
  12.    #912  
    Quote Originally Posted by cmahy View Post
    The laws here in Ontario (Canada) aren't clear, but they frown on 'personal electronic use' I leave my pre open in the centre console and feel out the keys without looking.

    The enter key would work great (if this happens). Other handy functions for me would be:

    -skip back 20 seconds
    -skip forward 20 seconds
    -Possibly 'Load Flylist X' (this might be complicated to do)

    Thanks again.
    Well the Enter key is pretty much the only one available since all of the other keys are used for the universal search function. So I have to be careful what I use this last key for. If anyone else has any other suggestions or would like to chime in, please do so.

    Quote Originally Posted by cmahy View Post
    P.S. Do you have a tip for bringing your app up as the active card after a call/dialer app steals the screen? Perhaps I should use the lock tool?
    There are 3 ways to do this:

    - Open up the mini-player and tap the headphones icon on the scrubber bar module.

    - Tap the Music Player (Remix) icon in the Launcher.

    - Switch to the app's card like you would any other card in webOS.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

    Twitter: @Hedami
  13. cmahy's Avatar
    Posts
    300 Posts
    Global Posts
    310 Global Posts
    #913  
    Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    Well the Enter key is pretty much the only one available since all of the other keys are used for the universal search function. So I have to be careful what I use this last key for. If anyone else has any other suggestions or would like to chime in, please do so.
    ...
    DanPLC -- I never thought about that (universal search putting a limit on the keys you could use). Would it be possible to add a Key--> function mapping in your preferences page? If this was the case, Enter could be mapped to shuffle by default, but, you'd have a list of possible other functions available that it could be re-configured for.
  14.    #914  
    Quote Originally Posted by cmahy View Post
    DanPLC -- I never thought about that (universal search putting a limit on the keys you could use). Would it be possible to add a Key--> function mapping in your preferences page? If this was the case, Enter could be mapped to shuffle by default, but, you'd have a list of possible other functions available that it could be re-configured for.
    I'd like to hear other people's opinions/ideas on what the Enter key could be used for. I probably will not allow mapping of the key. I'd rather just choose one uniform purpose for it.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

    Twitter: @Hedami
  15. #915  
    I got rid of the songs by luna starting a few times
  16.    #916  
    Quote Originally Posted by Whitenone View Post
    I got rid of the songs by luna starting a few times
    Very good! Thanks for sharing that tip.
  17. janna890's Avatar
    Posts
    3 Posts
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    #917  
    Scrobbling to Lastfm has not been working for me over the past couple days. Any suggestions to get it working again.

    Also, thank you so much for this app. It's one of my favorites.
  18.    #918  
    Quote Originally Posted by Janna890 View Post
    Scrobbling to Lastfm has not been working for me over the past couple days. Any suggestions to get it working again.

    Also, thank you so much for this app. It's one of my favorites.
    Define "not working". Have absolutely no songs been scrobbled? Have any worked? Are you sure you're meeting the requirements of scrobbling (play at least 1/2 of the song or 240 seconds)?

    You can try logging off and back on to Last.FM on the preferences screen and make sure "Enable scrobbling" is selected.
  19. janna890's Avatar
    Posts
    3 Posts
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    #919  
    I've listened to about 25 full songs yesterday and today using Music Player Remix and none have scrobbled. I also have the LostFM app and songs have scrobbled using it. I have logged out and back into LastFM through Preferences and then tried re-installing the app. I have also done a couple of Luna restarts.

    The last song that scrobbled was about 10am on Wednesday morning.
    Last edited by Janna890; 11/12/2010 at 11:52 AM.
  20.    #920  
    Quote Originally Posted by Janna890 View Post
    I've listened to about 25 full songs yesterday and today using Music Player Remix and none have scrobbled. I also have the LostFM app and songs have scrobbled using it. I have logged out and back into LastFM through Preferences and then tried re-installing the app. I have also done a couple of Luna restarts.

    The last song that scrobbled was about 10am on Wednesday morning.
    I just checked my scrobble list and it doesn't seem like any of my songs scrobbled today; however they did scrobble yesterday. There may be some issue with my Last.FM API key. I'll check it out and report back here.

    EDIT: I think I know what the problem is. They changed the URL of the 2.0 Scrobbling API. I'm betting LostFM is using the 1.0 API which is why it still works. Tonight I'll try changing the URL in the code and see if it works. If so, I'll upload a new version of the app.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

    Twitter: @Hedami

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions