Page 45 of 88 FirstFirst ... 35404142434445464748495055 ... LastLast
Results 881 to 900 of 1753
Like Tree3Likes
  1. #881  
    I love this app, so thank you for all your hard work. I don't know if this has been reported or addressed but I have found when playing audio books in mp3 format a few things. 1- skipping ahead and backwards a few seconds is impossible, it seems to skip to the next "segment" for lack of a better term.
    2- and this might be related to the first issue, when coming to the end of the book/track or better stated the end of the disk I have found that the last 2 min or less is skipped and immediately moves to the next track and begins the next book. I have recreated this a number of times. I have tried bookmarking just before the end of the disk to try and get back to it to listen to the last minute or so with some succes but it never plays to the exact end.

    Also, when a phone call comes in during the app playing, if I ignore the call, when the app resumes play the volume increases alot, I usually have the volume up all the way so i'm not sure why, I have installed the new volume increasing A/b patches so maybe that's contributing.
    I am using 1.99.26

    thanks again for the app
  2.    #882  
    Quote Originally Posted by loopytee View Post
    I love this app, so thank you for all your hard work. I don't know if this has been reported or addressed but I have found when playing audio books in mp3 format a few things. 1- skipping ahead and backwards a few seconds is impossible, it seems to skip to the next "segment" for lack of a better term.
    How are you skipping ahead a few seconds? With the scrubber bar? Or by holding down the next button (to the right of the album art)? And what happens when you try this?

    Quote Originally Posted by loopytee View Post
    2- and this might be related to the first issue, when coming to the end of the book/track or better stated the end of the disk I have found that the last 2 min or less is skipped and immediately moves to the next track and begins the next book. I have recreated this a number of times. I have tried bookmarking just before the end of the disk to try and get back to it to listen to the last minute or so with some succes but it never plays to the exact end.
    This is a known issue; however I believe all music players have the same issue on webOS. I haven't investigated it myself yet, so I don't know if this is something that can be worked around in my software.

    Quote Originally Posted by loopytee View Post
    Also, when a phone call comes in during the app playing, if I ignore the call, when the app resumes play the volume increases alot, I usually have the volume up all the way so i'm not sure why, I have installed the new volume increasing A/b patches so maybe that's contributing.
    I am using 1.99.26
    Yeah I think it might be related to the patch because I don't experience anything like this. And my app isn't controlling the volume in any way.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

    Twitter: @Hedami
  3. #883  
    I am using the arrows to the right/left of the album art. I will try the the bar and let you know. I tried the scrubber bar and it did not advance or rewind at all. When I use the arrows on either side of the album art the sound will repeat one fragment of sound about 8 times then skip to a different fragment (thats what I was referring to as a "segment" earlier) and repeat about 8 times and then a different fragment and so on and so forth.
    Last edited by loopytee; 10/27/2010 at 04:31 PM.
  4.    #884  
    Quote Originally Posted by loopytee View Post
    I am using the arrows to the right/left of the album art. I will try the the bar and let you know. I tried the scrubber bar and it did not advance or rewind at all. When I use the arrows on either side of the album art the sound will repeat one fragment of sound about 8 times then skip to a different fragment (thats what I was referring to as a "segment" earlier) and repeat about 8 times and then a different fragment and so on and so forth.
    It's probably because it's a long file. There are known issues/weirdness with long files. I assume shorter files are working fine for you, correct?
  5. #885  
    I haven't noticed it when playing songs
  6.    #886  
    Quote Originally Posted by loopytee View Post
    I haven't noticed it when playing songs
    Thanks for the report. At some point I plan on investigating the issues with long files. So any information people can provide will help with that investigation.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

    Twitter: @Hedami
  7. #887  
    I have noticed that when skipping forward or back, when the fragment of sound is repeating, that the time counter changes but it doesn't seem to be accurate. For example, when at the end of the track/disc (audio book mp3) when it skips over the last few minutes, it would read like 30 seconds left when I know from testing that there is at least 1-2 minutes left. I tested this by book marking the last 2 min (approx) trying to hear the end of the chapter. I played it from that spot a bunch and at first it showed 2 minutes and I could listen to about another 1 1/2 minutes before it would skip ahead,but after a few more times it showed it book marked at about 30 sec but began with the same audio that it did at the 2min mark. Don't know if that's helpful but there it is.
  8. sck18's Avatar
    Posts
    191 Posts
    Global Posts
    210 Global Posts
    #888  
    I noticed today that neither Music (Remix) nor the Palm Music app will recognize playlists with an accented e () in the filename
  9.    #889  
    Quote Originally Posted by sck18 View Post
    I noticed today that neither Music (Remix) nor the Palm Music app will recognize playlists with an accented e () in the filename
    This is something that will need to be fixed in the webOS media indexer. I'll report this to Palm.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

    Twitter: @Hedami
  10.    #890  
    Quote Originally Posted by loopytee View Post
    I have noticed that when skipping forward or back, when the fragment of sound is repeating, that the time counter changes but it doesn't seem to be accurate. For example, when at the end of the track/disc (audio book mp3) when it skips over the last few minutes, it would read like 30 seconds left when I know from testing that there is at least 1-2 minutes left. I tested this by book marking the last 2 min (approx) trying to hear the end of the chapter. I played it from that spot a bunch and at first it showed 2 minutes and I could listen to about another 1 1/2 minutes before it would skip ahead,but after a few more times it showed it book marked at about 30 sec but began with the same audio that it did at the 2min mark. Don't know if that's helpful but there it is.
    Thanks for the extra info. It's definitely helpful.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

    Twitter: @Hedami
  11. #891  
    Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    Do you mean the list of songs in the Now Playing list? I saw this awhile ago, but not recently, so I assumed it was fixed.

    What version of the beta are you running?

    How many total songs are in the Now Playlist list when this happens?

    How many songs appear in the list before the gap?
    Yeah in the now playing list,

    Version is 1.99.26

    I only noticed it on shuffle all, which is really all I use, i have around 800 songs

    And it seems to be around 80 or so songs down, but I noticed if I scroll past the list of blank songs, and scroll back up the song names have filled in, but not if i wait with the screen on the blank songs,
  12.    #892  
    Quote Originally Posted by kel101 View Post
    Yeah in the now playing list,

    Version is 1.99.26

    I only noticed it on shuffle all, which is really all I use, i have around 800 songs

    And it seems to be around 80 or so songs down, but I noticed if I scroll past the list of blank songs, and scroll back up the song names have filled in, but not if i wait with the screen on the blank songs,
    At the time it happens, can you note the exact number of songs in your list?

    Does it happen every single time you use Shuffle All?

    If so, can you note if the blank space appears at the same position within the list?

    If so, what exact song number is it (i.e. how many songs appear before the blank space)? You can retrieve this information by switching to album art view and looking at the current song number at the bottom of the screen.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

    Twitter: @Hedami
  13. #893  
    Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    Thanks for the extra info. It's definitely helpful.
    Would be a BIG help for me. I really miss the ability to skip forward when playing long MP3 files. This is a problem for every media player that I have tried on WebOS. The counters move, but the players are at the same place.
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
  14. Tasselhof's Avatar
    Posts
    37 Posts
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    #894  
    I am running in to an issue... which I believe is caused by Music Player (Remix).

    Whenever I load the "mini-player" my Screen & Lock settings appear to get modified and locked in to 30 seconds for the "Turn Off After" option.

    I turned off the mini-player piece and the issue seems to have gone away. Although my favorite thing about the program is the minimize feature :}.

    Can you advise if you have run in to this or what I can do?
    Has anyone else run in to an issue wit the screen turn off timer?

    Thanks
  15. Tasselhof's Avatar
    Posts
    37 Posts
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    #895  
    Quote Originally Posted by loopytee View Post
    I love this app, so thank you for all your hard work. I don't know if this has been reported or addressed but I have found when playing audio books in mp3 format a few things. 1- skipping ahead and backwards a few seconds is impossible, it seems to skip to the next "segment" for lack of a better term.
    2- and this might be related to the first issue, when coming to the end of the book/track or better stated the end of the disk I have found that the last 2 min or less is skipped and immediately moves to the next track and begins the next book. I have recreated this a number of times. I have tried bookmarking just before the end of the disk to try and get back to it to listen to the last minute or so with some succes but it never plays to the exact end.

    Also, when a phone call comes in during the app playing, if I ignore the call, when the app resumes play the volume increases alot, I usually have the volume up all the way so i'm not sure why, I have installed the new volume increasing A/b patches so maybe that's contributing.
    I am using 1.99.26

    thanks again for the app
    I have run int to similar issues with Audio Books and the cutting off of parts of it. While annoying, I am still getting most of the book.

    In terms of the "scrubbing" feature.
    What I have noticed is that the longer the file, the larger the "skip/jump" points.

    IE with 1 - 13 hour file.. it seems I can only scrub in 8 minutes jumps, where as if I break that up in to 13 - 1 hour files, I can scrub in 15 to 30 second jumps.

    So what I have done is just break audio books up in to 1 hour segments, but this compounds the "end of file" issue and loosing up to 2 minutes per segment.

    Hope that helps clarify or is similar to what you are going through.
  16. #896  
    Has anybody else had problems with a track distorting then stopping when the phone goes into sleep mode?
  17.    #897  
    Quote Originally Posted by Tasselhof View Post
    I am running in to an issue... which I believe is caused by Music Player (Remix).

    Whenever I load the "mini-player" my Screen & Lock settings appear to get modified and locked in to 30 seconds for the "Turn Off After" option.

    I turned off the mini-player piece and the issue seems to have gone away. Although my favorite thing about the program is the minimize feature :}.

    Can you advise if you have run in to this or what I can do?
    Has anyone else run in to an issue wit the screen turn off timer?

    Thanks
    I have my "Turn off After" option set to 60 seconds. I just tried it out with the mini-player running and it turned off after 60 seconds.

    The app doesn't modify the device's screen settings so I think you have something else going on. Do you have any patches installed that could be causing this type of behavior?
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

    Twitter: @Hedami
  18.    #898  
    Quote Originally Posted by Tasselhof View Post
    In terms of the "scrubbing" feature.
    What I have noticed is that the longer the file, the larger the "skip/jump" points.

    IE with 1 - 13 hour file.. it seems I can only scrub in 8 minutes jumps, where as if I break that up in to 13 - 1 hour files, I can scrub in 15 to 30 second jumps.
    I'll be implementing a way to skip forward and backward by smaller increments without having to use the scrubber. I'm hoping I can have it ready for the initial app catalog release.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

    Twitter: @Hedami
  19.    #899  
    Quote Originally Posted by timcorb View Post
    Has anybody else had problems with a track distorting then stopping when the phone goes into sleep mode?
    I haven't experienced this. In fact just as I type this my phone's display turned off and the song is still playing. Are you saying this happens every time your display turns off, in every song?
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

    Twitter: @Hedami
  20. #900  
    sorry I should have mentioned i 'm pretty sure the charge override function in govnah is what causes it.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions