Page 44 of 88 FirstFirst ... 34394041424344454647484954 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Pre in MN View Post
    Just saw on the PreCentral main news page an announcement about a Homebrewer getting hired by Palm. That's cool, of course.

But he apparently makes a media player--NaNplayer--and it's the first I've heard of it.

Can y'all tell me what the difference is between it and our beloved Music Player (Remix) 2.0?

Thanks.
    Also this thread: http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...iew-video.html
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    A couple of bugs, if you have another notification, such as the brightness unlinked app, it messes with the miniplayer somewhat. Also, when scrolling through the music, it cut off the list abruptly and the app needed to be restarted.

This app has weened me from my separate mp3 player addiction, glorious work you're doing here. I can't wait for the 2.0 release.
  3.    #863  
    Quote Originally Posted by caltemus View Post
    A couple of bugs, if you have another notification, such as the brightness unlinked app, it messes with the miniplayer somewhat. Also, when scrolling through the music, it cut off the list abruptly and the app needed to be restarted.
    I've had other notifications up at the same time and I haven't seen any issues with the mini-player. The only problem would be that on the lock screen, if the other notification was below the mini-player, one of the mini-player modules wouldn't be visible since webOS only displays 3 notifications on the lock screen.

Can you provide more details as to what is messed up on the mini-player?

Can you also provide more details in regards to the list being cut off? Which specific list is cut off? And how do I recreate this issue?

This app has weened me from my separate mp3 player addiction, glorious work you're doing here. I can't wait for the 2.0 release.
    Thanks a lot! Hopefully I'll be able to release it soon. I've been working on getting it ready for release (fixing bugs, adding the Help screen, etc.). I'm also working on a cool new feature that will be really handy for a lot of people. There are some technical challenges (related to limitations of the webOS SDK), but hopefully I can work through them.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Twitter: @Hedami
    I don't know if it's been said here: if you tap on a letter with no interpret/album/whatever present starting with that letter, there's an ugly error message.

Since I've jumped ship to android I won't be of much help in the future. I really, really loved your work, Dan!
    Best webOS-mod ever: have a look
  5.    #865  
    Quote Originally Posted by ltjSpin View Post
    I don't know if it's been said here: if you tap on a letter with no interpret/album/whatever present starting with that letter, there's an ugly error message.
    Can you describe the issue a little more? I don't know what an "interpret" is. It'll help if you can describe the problem in more detail and indicate what the "ugly error" is.

Quote Originally Posted by ltjSpin View Post
    Since I've jumped ship to android I won't be of much help in the future. I really, really loved your work, Dan!
    I'm sorry to hear another webOS user has jumped ship. Hopefully future HP devices will bring you and other people back.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Great work, thanks a lot for everything!

Really looking forward to 2.0
    great app, playing around with it for the first time now. Where is your donate link????
    Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    I've had other notifications up at the same time and I haven't seen any issues with the mini-player. The only problem would be that on the lock screen, if the other notification was below the mini-player, one of the mini-player modules wouldn't be visible since webOS only displays 3 notifications on the lock screen.

Can you provide more details as to what is messed up on the mini-player?
    I have the Brightness Unlinked app, and on the lock screen, it sometimes doesnt appear, or when it does it flickers a bit until the transparency is rendered.

Can you also provide more details in regards to the list being cut off? Which specific list is cut off? And how do I recreate this issue?
    The cut off list was in "Songs" when I used the "A" on the right to sort it and when i scrolled down, past a certain song was cut off and I could see the background. Fortunatly, however, I have been unable to recreate this error, and it might have just been since it was the first time that I had run the app.

Another little nitpick, when you do have a notification, on the now playing screen (and i suppose the preview screen as well) the artwork is squished vertically, and I was wondering if perhaps it could be made to shrink proportionately, if this is restricted by the SDK, no biggie, its just a personal preference thing. When in landscape mode, with the "use phone background" setting, when you zoom out of the card, the transparency still acts as if it was in portrait mode. At one point the "Now playing" button on the main screen had disappeared, resulting in a app restart to get it back. I will try a Luna, and device restart, and see if that does anything and update the post then. I'm just happy to be a part of the bug-finding process, keep up the good work.
  9.    #869  
    I have the Brightness Unlinked app, and on the lock screen, it sometimes doesnt appear, or when it does it flickers a bit until the transparency is rendered.
    Like I mentioned, webOS only displays 3 notifications, so depending upon where your other notification is, 1 of the mini-player modules may not be displayed.

And you're correct, animations flicker on the lock screen. There's really nothing I can do about this.

The cut off list was in "Songs" when I used the "A" on the right to sort it and when i scrolled down, past a certain song was cut off and I could see the background. Fortunatly, however, I have been unable to recreate this error, and it might have just been since it was the first time that I had run the app.
    In my private beta build, I've re-designed the way the alphabet scroller finds its results. So whatever you witnessed may not even be relevant anymore.

Another little nitpick, when you do have a notification, on the now playing screen (and i suppose the preview screen as well) the artwork is squished vertically, and I was wondering if perhaps it could be made to shrink proportionately, if this is restricted by the SDK, no biggie, its just a personal preference thing.
    The artwork is "squished" by design. Anytime a notification or popup comes up, I adjust the center elements of the screen (album art and next/previous tap areas). I wanted to keep the next/previous tap areas the same size, so that meant squishing the album art. However it really only appears squished if you keep your notifications open. Most people when they received a notification, they'll open it up and then either remove it or tap on it to open up the app. So either way, most people won't see the squished album art for too long.

When in landscape mode, with the "use phone background" setting, when you zoom out of the card, the transparency still acts as if it was in portrait mode.
    You're correct... the "use phone background" setting isn't currently landscape aware. I may actually remove this option from the final version of the app. The reason being is there's no way to get this working 100% especially with the new Stacks in webOS 2.0. If a card is in a stack, it gets fanned out at an angle and there's no way for my app to detect this, so the transparency affect would not work properly. Or if I keep this option, I may just stop trying to make the card look transparent (i.e. just keep the background in its original scale when the card is minimized).

At one point the "Now playing" button on the main screen had disappeared, resulting in a app restart to get it back. I will try a Luna, and device restart, and see if that does anything and update the post then. I'm just happy to be a part of the bug-finding process, keep up the good work.
    The "Now Playing" button will only appear if you were playing music at the time. If you are playing music and this happens again, try going to another screen (Genres, Playlists, etc.) and see if the Now Playing button is at the top. If not, let me know.

10.    #870  
    Quote Originally Posted by kody.thompson113 View Post
    great app, playing around with it for the first time now. Where is your donate link????
    You can purchase the app once I release it in the official app catalog.

You're correct... the "use phone background" setting isn't currently landscape aware. I may actually remove this option from the final version of the app. The reason being is there's no way to get this working 100% especially with the new Stacks in webOS 2.0. If a card is in a stack, it gets fanned out at an angle and there's no way for my app to detect this, so the transparency affect would not work properly. Or if I keep this option, I may just stop trying to make the card look transparent (i.e. just keep the background in its original scale when the card is minimized).
    That would work ok, as long as the option to use the phone background is still there, its a great feature.

The "Now Playing" button will only appear if you were playing music at the time. If you are playing music and this happens again, try going to another screen (Genres, Playlists, etc.) and see if the Now Playing button is at the top. If not, let me know.
    I was playing music, thats why I noticed it as a problem, because I was at the home screen, and was unable to go to the now playing screen without restarting the song or playlist, and if i went to the home screen again, the same problem. It is fine after restarting the app, and hasn't happened again since, so it could've been a one time thing.
  12.    #872  
    That would work ok, as long as the option to use the phone background is still there, its a great feature.
    Yeah I'll keep it.

I was playing music, thats why I noticed it as a problem, because I was at the home screen, and was unable to go to the now playing screen without restarting the song or playlist, and if i went to the home screen again, the same problem. It is fine after restarting the app, and hasn't happened again since, so it could've been a one time thing.
    The next time it happens, try going to one of the other screens (other than the home screen) and see if it shows up. Also you can try minimizing the app, then tap the headphone icon on the Progress Bar mini-player module. This should load the Now Playing screen again.

Something else to do with the background, if you have a larger picture, and zoom and move its placement in the preferences, it doesn't seem to stay where you put it, and it forgets any placement movement if you go landscape and back to portrait.

A possible feature could be the ability to save the lyrics that it gets into the tags, or some file on the phone for offline usage.
  14.    #874  
    Something else to do with the background, if you have a larger picture, and zoom and move its placement in the preferences, it doesn't seem to stay where you put it, and it forgets any placement movement if you go landscape and back to portrait.
    I think this might be possible to implement. I'll add it to the list.

A possible feature could be the ability to save the lyrics that it gets into the tags, or some file on the phone for offline usage.
    I've considered this, but I'm not sure it's necessary. In my opinion, the beauty of having a mobile device that is constantly connected is that I don't have to store information locally such as lyrics, wikipedia info (which is in the app's menu by the way), or other content. This is the beauty of the "cloud". But yes, there are times when people are not connected. But I just don't see this is a critical feature. The only exception would be if I could write the data directly back to the original file's tags. But the current version of the webOS media indexer doesn't have this ability.

The only exception would be if I could write the data directly back to the original file's tags. But the current version of the webOS media indexer doesn't have this ability.
    Writing it directly to the tag would be ideal, but if it isn't possible than so be it.

The speed of the song title scrolling, could that be possibly slower or user changeable.

Differences in capitalization are listed as different artists (I'm not sure if that can be fixed, or if it's a webOS thing)
    Last edited by caltemus; 10/21/2010 at 11:35 PM.
  16.    #876  
    The speed of the song title scrolling, could that be possibly slower or user changeable.
    It's something I'm considering. I may be re-doing my implementation of the title scrolling, so it may happen automatically with that change. But right now I have bigger fish to fry before I work on that.

Differences in capitalization are listed as different artists (I'm not sure if that can be fixed, or if it's a webOS thing)
    Yeah that's the way the webOS media indexer is returning the results. It could be done on my end; however it would probably be a slow process. So right now I'm leaving it the way it is.

Also before I can release my app to the catalog, a new version of the media indexer has to be released (since the current version is a private API). So you never know if it will be fixed in that version.

I have had a problem (not sure if your aware most likely are) that when scrolling through the list of songs there will be gaps where a song should be, youcant select the songs in these gaps but if you play a song before one of the gaps, let ift finish, it will then play the song in the gap.
  18.    #878  
    Quote Originally Posted by kel101 View Post
    I have had a problem (not sure if your aware most likely are) that when scrolling through the list of songs there will be gaps where a song should be, youcant select the songs in these gaps but if you play a song before one of the gaps, let ift finish, it will then play the song in the gap.
    Do you mean the list of songs in the Now Playing list? I saw this awhile ago, but not recently, so I assumed it was fixed.

What version of the beta are you running?

How many total songs are in the Now Playlist list when this happens?

How many songs appear in the list before the gap?

Global Posts
    561 Global Posts
    Thinking of the questions here regarding the miniplayer bars - can there be an option added to select which miniplayer bars will be displayed when minimized and which will not?
  20.    #880  
    Quote Originally Posted by mrtonk View Post
    Thinking of the questions here regarding the miniplayer bars - can there be an option added to select which miniplayer bars will be displayed when minimized and which will not?
    You already have this option! Go to the "Preferences" screen in the app's menu, select the "Mini-Player" tab and then toggle which ones you want to use.