Page 43 of 88 FirstFirst ... 33383940414243444546474853 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
  1.    #841  
    Quote Originally Posted by wushu2004 View Post
    Well, one other music player that I use was unaffected...
    I'm still not clear as to what exactly happened since you weren't able to provide me the additional information I requested (since your problem magically fixed itself). In your original message you made it sound like all your music was gone which sounds like an issue with the webOS media indexer not seeing your music files. Can you clarify as to what exactly was missing or not available?
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Twitter: @Hedami
    After I got out of Internalz, I opened Remix and it gave me a screen which said it was scanning. After that there was some message behind the top row icons on the home screen that I couldn't read. After tapping on artists, I waited b/t 5-10 seconds for something to appear, and nothing did. I then went to my favs list and was able to play a song. Tried NaNplayer and everything worked...

And Music Remix works now.

That's my story...and I'm sticking to it.
  3.    #843  
    After I got out of Internalz, I opened Remix and it gave me a screen which said it was scanning. After that there was some message behind the top row icons on the home screen that I couldn't read. After tapping on artists, I waited b/t 5-10 seconds for something to appear, and nothing did. I then went to my favs list and was able to play a song. Tried NaNplayer and everything worked...

And Music Remix works now.

That's my story...and I'm sticking to it.
    What you're describing is the media indexer not returning the list of artists. Did you try displaying the list of artists in Music Player (Remix) immediately after it worked in NaNplayer? I'm certain that if you did, it would have worked. There's only one way to list artists in a music app. You send a "listArtists" request to the media indexer.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    What you're describing is the media indexer not returning the list of artists. Did you try displaying the list of artists in Music Player (Remix) immediately after it worked in NaNplayer? I'm certain that if you did, it would have worked. There's only one way to list artists in a music app. You send a "listArtists" request to the media indexer.
    I don't remember if I did it immediately after opening NaNplayer, but I tried later on, and it didn't work.

If it acts up again, I'll take a screenshot and post it.
  5.    #845  
    I don't remember if I did it immediately after opening NaNplayer, but I tried later on, and it didn't work.

If it acts up again, I'll take a screenshot and post it.
    If it happens again, immediately try loading the built-in music app and see if you have issues in that app. If so, then the issue is related to the webOS media indexer. If not, then let me know.

The only screenshot I'd be interested in is the one where you said there was some text you couldn't read.

I have not had a chance to get through all of the pages of comments on this thred, so if I'm repeating something already said, my apologies.

First off, AWESOME work. I love this app. You do amazing work, and I will definitely be buying this app and sending a donation if you have a link.

Second, a bug (maybe). If I switch my repeat preference while using Remix Beta the player does not register the change until I restart the app.

Thirdly, in line with that, I'd like to make a suggestion/request. Can the repeat button be put back on the main player screen? I often switch between repeat all and repeat one track, and it's a little frustrating to have to go through multiple screens just to change my repeat settings. The easy access for repeat options was one of my favourite features of Remix.

Again, awesome work! Thank you so much.

Kelly (rykatemom)

~~posted from my Palm Pre.

~Kelly

"Two things are infinite: the universe, and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." ~Albert Einstein
  7.    #847  
    Quote Originally Posted by rykatemom View Post
    I have not had a chance to get through all of the pages of comments on this thred, so if I'm repeating something already said, my apologies.
    For known issues, you can refer to the first message in the thread instead of having to search the gazillion pages.

First off, AWESOME work. I love this app. You do amazing work, and I will definitely be buying this app and sending a donation if you have a link.
    Thanks I appreciate it.

Second, a bug (maybe). If I switch my repeat preference while using Remix Beta the player does not register the change until I restart the app.
    I'm not experiencing this when I try switching the repeat mode on the Now Playing list screen. Can you specify step-by-step how to re-create the behavior you're witnessing? Also indicate which repeat modes you're switching from and to (ex. switching from "repeat all" to "repeat none", or switching from "repeat none" to "repeat track").

Thirdly, in line with that, I'd like to make a suggestion/request. Can the repeat button be put back on the main player screen? I often switch between repeat all and repeat one track, and it's a little frustrating to have to go through multiple screens just to change my repeat settings. The easy access for repeat options was one of my favourite features of Remix.
    There really is no good place to put it on the newly-designed album art screen. But I can see how it would be useful to be able to quickly switch to "repeat track" mode. However I'm not sure there's really a need to quickly switch between the other repeat modes since they're really related to the whole playlist.

I'll think about it and see if there's a way to do it.

sorry for being lazy and not going through 43-odd pages to see if this has been brought up, but I'm on my phone atm and kinda don't have a lot of time. Just a quick suggestion... It would be cool if when picking shuffle all, that it doesn't repeat anything until the whole list has played, other than that, still seems pretty flawless
  9.    #849  
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    sorry for being lazy and not going through 43-odd pages to see if this has been brought up, but I'm on my phone atm and kinda don't have a lot of time. Just a quick suggestion... It would be cool if when picking shuffle all, that it doesn't repeat anything until the whole list has played, other than that, still seems pretty flawless
    Unless I'm misunderstanding your request, it already does this. When you select "Shuffle All" on the home screen, it'll retrieve the list of all songs on the device and present them in a random, shuffled order. The only way it would play the song more than once is if that song was present on the device in two separate files.

If I'm not understanding your request, let me know.

Sorry for the delayed reply Dan, life got INSANE...

I'm not experiencing this when I try switching the repeat mode on the Now Playing list screen. Can you specify step-by-step how to re-create the behavior you're witnessing? Also indicate which repeat modes you're switching from and to (ex. switching from "repeat all" to "repeat none", or switching from "repeat none" to "repeat track").
    Once in MPRB, in the Shuffle All (or any flylist or playlist), I go to menu, then to Preferences, then to "Now Playing". Under playlist options, I go to either "off", "all", or "track", then back to the now playing screen. I have tested changing betwixt all three options, in a variety of orders, and all of them continue to operate in the mode I switched FROM until I restart the app, then it will assume the new mode.

There really is no good place to put it on the newly-designed album art screen. But I can see how it would be useful to be able to quickly switch to "repeat track" mode. However I'm not sure there's really a need to quickly switch between the other repeat modes since they're really related to the whole playlist.

I'll think about it and see if there's a way to do it.
    I would HUGELY appreciate it. It was one of the features that I used the most on the old MPR app. I miss it greatly.

Let me know if there is any further information I can provide.

~Kelly

"Two things are infinite: the universe, and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." ~Albert Einstein
  11.    #851  
    Once in MPRB, in the Shuffle All (or any flylist or playlist), I go to menu, then to Preferences, then to "Now Playing". Under playlist options, I go to either "off", "all", or "track", then back to the now playing screen. I have tested changing betwixt all three options, in a variety of orders, and all of them continue to operate in the mode I switched FROM until I restart the app, then it will assume the new mode.
    I think you're misunderstanding what the options on the Preferences screen do. They toggle the "default" repeat mode behavior when you load a new list. So yes, toggling them will not affect the currently playing list.

To toggle the repeat mode of the currently playing list, switch to the playlist view on the Now Playing screen (tap the 2nd icon from the right at the top of the screen). Once you switch to the playlist view, tap the repeat mode icon at the bottom of the screen.

I would HUGELY appreciate it. It was one of the features that I used the most on the old MPR app. I miss it greatly.
    It sounds like you may not have been aware of the repeat mode icon on the Now Playing screen (in playlist view). If that's the case, is the current location of the repeat mode icon sufficient for your needs?

If not, the only solution I can think of is to toggle "repeat track" mode by tapping and holding the album art. So if you were in "repeat all" or "repeat none" mode and you tapped and held the album art, it would switch to "repeat track" mode. And if you were in "repeat track" mode, and you tapped and held the album art, it would switch back to the previous repeat mode.

Let me know what you think of this idea and also whether or not the current repeat mode icon location is ok for your needs.

I think you're misunderstanding what the options on the Preferences screen do. They toggle the "default" repeat mode behavior when you load a new list. So yes, toggling them will not affect the currently playing list.

To toggle the repeat mode of the currently playing list, switch to the playlist view on the Now Playing screen (tap the 2nd icon from the right at the top of the screen). Once you switch to the playlist view, tap the repeat mode icon at the bottom of the screen.

It sounds like you may not have been aware of the repeat mode icon on the Now Playing screen (in playlist view). If that's the case, is the current location of the repeat mode icon sufficient for your needs?

If not, the only solution I can think of is to toggle "repeat track" mode by tapping and holding the album art. So if you were in "repeat all" or "repeat none" mode and you tapped and held the album art, it would switch to "repeat track" mode. And if you were in "repeat track" mode, and you tapped and held the album art, it would switch back to the previous repeat mode.

Let me know what you think of this idea and also whether or not the current repeat mode icon location is ok for your needs.
    I indeed was not aware of the repeat toggle in playlist mode. I watched the youtube video, but was frequently interrupted by my kids, and may have missed that part. The repeat control in there is absolutely wonderful, and completely fits the needs and desires I had from the player. Thank you so very much Dan, for the app and the help. I look forward to purchasing the full version from the app catalogue.

~Kelly

13.    #853  
    I indeed was not aware of the repeat toggle in playlist mode. I watched the youtube video, but was frequently interrupted by my kids, and may have missed that part. The repeat control in there is absolutely wonderful, and completely fits the needs and desires I had from the player. Thank you so very much Dan, for the app and the help. I look forward to purchasing the full version from the app catalogue.
    Ok cool!

Would you please support FLAC sometime soon? My ears would love you for it. I have all this lossless music and no Pre software to play it on, except Rockbox which is clunky and isn't saving any playlists.

Thanks!
    Harrison
  15.    #855  
    Quote Originally Posted by harrisonp View Post
    Would you please support FLAC sometime soon? My ears would love you for it. I have all this lossless music and no Pre software to play it on, except Rockbox which is clunky and isn't saving any playlists.

Thanks!
    Harrison
    I can only support audio formats supported in webOS and currently FLAC is not supported.
  16. wxl
    Quote Originally Posted by harrisonp View Post
    Would you please support FLAC sometime soon? My ears would love you for it. I have all this lossless music and no Pre software to play it on
    I agree, but fear it is unlikely well see new codecs for the Pre anytime soon. I love this app but have installed an Apache webserver + PHP + MySQL + Ampache at home and Ampache Mobile on the PrPrPr&#$275$;. $I$ $have$ $my$ $entire$ $collection$, $plus$ $I$ $can$ $have$ $it$ $transcode$ $on$ $the$ $fly$ $so$ $I$ $can$ $listen$ $to$ $all$ $my$ $albums$ $encoded$ $in$ $an$ $unsupported$ $format$. $Just$ $saying$.
  17.    #857  
    We may not see official support of other audio formats in the near future, but it may be possible to add support with a PDK plugin. The PDK uses SDL for low-level audio support and it may be possible to build in a FLAC library.

Right now I'm using the SDK for audio support, but I do want to start playing around with the PDK to see what kinds of things can be done. So you never know what might happen in the future.

18.    #858  
    Quote Originally Posted by wxl View Post
    I agree, but fear it is unlikely well see new codecs for the Pre anytime soon. I love this app but have installed an Apache webserver + PHP + MySQL + Ampache at home and Ampache Mobile on the PrPrPr&#$275$;. $I$ $have$ $my$ $entire$ $collection$, $plus$ $I$ $can$ $have$ $it$ $transcode$ $on$ $the$ $fly$ $so$ $I$ $can$ $listen$ $to$ $all$ $my$ $albums$ $encoded$ $in$ $an$ $unsupported$ $format$. $Just$ $saying$.
    It definitely would be nice to have my full music collection on hand at all times. I have between 8 and 10 GB of music, so it doesn't quite fit on my Sprint Pre, but it would on the Pre+. However it seems like this type of constant streaming would kill the battery a lot quicker than it already does just playing locally stored music. Also there are certain features of my app I couldn't live without now that I have them, so I'll be sticking with music stored on my device.

Just saw on the PreCentral main news page an announcement about a Homebrewer getting hired by Palm. That's cool, of course.

But he apparently makes a media player--NaNplayer--and it's the first I've heard of it.

Can y'all tell me what the difference is between it and our beloved Music Player (Remix) 2.0?

Thanks.
  20.    #860  
    Quote Originally Posted by Pre in MN View Post
    Just saw on the PreCentral main news page an announcement about a Homebrewer getting hired by Palm. That's cool, of course.

But he apparently makes a media player--NaNplayer--and it's the first I've heard of it.

Can y'all tell me what the difference is between it and our beloved Music Player (Remix) 2.0?

Thanks.
    NaNplayer is under development and being tested in a closed beta. As Blubble reminded everyone in another thread, all of his beta testers are under NDA and are not allowed to discuss the app (or at least certain details) in public forums. (http://forums.precentral.net/webos-a...ml#post2650259)

I'd be happy to have people compare the two apps since I think I've created a very unique music listening experience with the features I've designed and implemented including universal search, multi-module mini-player, advanced bookmarking, faves, playlist preview mode, etc. And there are more being developed as we speak. But all the features in the world wouldn't be worth anything if they're difficult to use and I've taken great care in making the app very easy and pleasurable to use with its new visual style and UI. So once both apps are released, I'd be happy for the apps to be compared.

If anyone else wants to comment, they're free to do so; however don't break any NDAs!