Page 42 of 88 FirstFirst ... 32373839404142434445464752 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
  1.    #821  
    Quote Originally Posted by Zen00 View Post
    If I start a song playing, but hit the power button too quickly to blank the screen, MPRB will think that there is no music there to be played, and display 0:00-0:00.
    Maybe I'm not understanding the issue, but how do you know it displays "0:00-0:00" if your display is off? Can you elaborate on your issue and exactly how to reproduce it (assuming it is 100% reproducable)?
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Twitter: @Hedami
    It is reproducible.

What I mean is, after blanking the screen I wait a bit, and no music ever will play, so I turn on the screen again to look at the song file, and it won't start playing if I hit the play button, and the time stats 0:00-0:00.
  3.    #823  
    It is reproducible.

What I mean is, after blanking the screen I wait a bit, and no music ever will play, so I turn on the screen again to look at the song file, and it won't start playing if I hit the play button, and the time stats 0:00-0:00.
    Can you play that same file without turning off the display? I know I have some files that didn't transfer over well, or ones I manually deleted in Internalz, that will display the same behavior (i.e. they won't play and display "0:00-0:00").

If you can play the same file with the display on (i.e. it does this with any music file in your collection), what are the exact steps to reproduce the behavior? And does it happen every single time?
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

To play the file, I had to return to the main scene, then go back into the file listing and select it again.
    Sigh, never mind about reproducibility, for now. I haven't figured out what triggers it. Though it's happened to me several times in the past, this is just the first time I've gotten around to reporting it.

Anyways, I can partially reproduce it, where I start a song and it takes an abnormally long time to start playing, but beyond that, nope.
  6.    #826  
    Sigh, never mind about reproducibility, for now. I haven't figured out what triggers it. Though it's happened to me several times in the past, this is just the first time I've gotten around to reporting it.

Anyways, I can partially reproduce it, where I start a song and it takes an abnormally long time to start playing, but beyond that, nope.
    I'll play around with it, but if you can find a way to easily reproduce it, let me know.

hey Dan, Im not sure if this has been brought up yet, but when I save a couple "Fly list"s to the "fave-it" section it will combine all songs in the Fave it section.

i.e if I has 10 songs in fly list A and 10 songs in fly list B (and they are both saved in the fave it section), if I play 1 of those flylists it will display 20 songs to play (only happens in the fave it section).
  8.    #828  
    Quote Originally Posted by gsonspre View Post
    hey Dan, Im not sure if this has been brought up yet, but when I save a couple "Fly list"s to the "fave-it" section it will combine all songs in the Fave it section.

i.e if I has 10 songs in fly list A and 10 songs in fly list B (and they are both saved in the fave it section), if I play 1 of those flylists it will display 20 songs to play (only happens in the fave it section).
    Yes it's been mentioned before and it's the way the Faves list was designed. The Faves list is currently treated as one big flylist. If you select an item in the list, it plays all the items (in your case your flylists) in the order they appear in the Faves list.

If you haven't already, check out the videos I posted on my HedamiSoft youtube channel (link in my signature). It demonstrates many of the new features of the app including the Faves list and describes this specific behavior.

I am thinking of ways to possibly treat items in the Faves list as separate entities...so that may be an option in the final release of the app.

thanks Dan! I havent checked out your newer video yet, I will tak ea look!
    Thaks again for all your hard work!
    Global Posts
    339 Global Posts
    Dan, love this app.
    One question. Is it possible to have an option to list the songs in 'date added' order? Windows Media Player does that and I use that sort on the PC a lot, would love to have it in the phone too.
    Thanks.
  11.    #831  
    Quote Originally Posted by tsnum4 View Post
    Dan, love this app.
    One question. Is it possible to have an option to list the songs in 'date added' order? Windows Media Player does that and I use that sort on the PC a lot, would love to have it in the phone too.
    Thanks.
    The current version of webOS (1.4.5) does not have this ability in the media indexing API, but if a future version of the API provides 'date added', you can be sure I'll make use of it.

Dan, I need some help.

I was messing with Internalz one night to try delete some old Word docs from my phone that I didn't need anymore. After that, I opened up Remix and all the tracks were gone. The only thing that will play are the songs that I put in my favs list.
  13.    #833  
    Quote Originally Posted by wushu2004 View Post
    Dan, I need some help.

I was messing with Internalz one night to try delete some old Word docs from my phone that I didn't need anymore. After that, I opened up Remix and all the tracks were gone. The only thing that will play are the songs that I put in my favs list.
    I know deleting music files in Internalz results in them being deleted from the device, but they still remain listed in the music apps. However I've never heard of an issue with deleting Word docs and having your music files disappear.

How many songs are on your device? And when you use the "Shuffle All" button on the home screen, how many songs are listed (the song count is at the bottom of the Now Playing screen)?

If the song count is not correct, then you'll probably need to delete all the music from your device and re-sync it. Afterwards, I'd reboot the device.

Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    I know deleting music files in Internalz results in them being deleted from the device, but they still remain listed in the music apps. However I've never heard of an issue with deleting Word docs and having your music files disappear.

How many songs are on your device? And when you use the "Shuffle All" button on the home screen, how many songs are listed (the song count is at the bottom of the Now Playing screen)?

If the song count is not correct, then you'll probably need to delete all the music from your device and re-sync it. Afterwards, I'd reboot the device.
    I also tried to open some .m3u files to no avail while I was deleting those docs.

As to how many songs are on my phone....a few hundred.

Hmm...you must have magical powers. It now works again...weird.

I was getting a message earlier that was partially hidden by the top buttons on the home screen. The message seemed to indicate that there were no songs found.

Ohwell, thanks for the help!
  15.    #835  
    I also tried to open some .m3u files to no avail while I was deleting those docs.

As to how many songs are on my phone....a few hundred.

Hmm...you must have magical powers. It now works again...weird.

I was getting a message earlier that was partially hidden by the top buttons on the home screen. The message seemed to indicate that there were no songs found.

Ohwell, thanks for the help!
    The webOS media indexer must have been having issues, but somehow corrected itself.

The webOS media indexer must have been having issues, but somehow corrected itself.
    Would that have affected all music related apps?
    I have several mixes that are made to be played with no gap/silence between tracks that don't sound right in Music Player Remix 2.0beta. Is there any way to eliminate the gap? future feature?

This is my favorite webos app, if it could do this one thing it'd be perfect.

Thanks

-Collin
  18.    #838  
    Would that have affected all music related apps?
    Yes.

19.    #839  
    Quote Originally Posted by cdefreit View Post
    I have several mixes that are made to be played with no gap/silence between tracks that don't sound right in Music Player Remix 2.0beta. Is there any way to eliminate the gap? future feature?

This is my favorite webos app, if it could do this one thing it'd be perfect.

Thanks

-Collin
    As you noted, there is an inherent delay when switching songs in the app because it uses HTML5 audio which has a slow response time. Theoretically, I could use two HTML5 audio objects and attempt to time it so that the second audio object started playing the next song a little bit before the first one was finished. If I messed with the timing enough, I could probably get it to be somewhat close to gapless.

But there's one problem with this...it's completely unreliable. There are going to be timing differences between different types of devices (Pre, Pre+, Pixi, Pixi+, next-gen) and even timing differences on the same device depending upon what's going on in the system at the time. Inconsistent gapless playback (audio starting too soon or too late) would result in a sub-standard user experience which is not desirable.

You didn't mention what file format you use, but assuming it's MP3, as far as I know only specially encoded MP3 files can be played gapless. And even if you have gapless-compatible MP3 files, to achieve true gapless playback your MP3 player would have to have low-level access to the actual MP3 files to be able to read the gapless metadata which contains the delay introduced by the file compression. Also, you would have to be able to have very fine control over audio playback which is not possible with HTML5 audio.

It could be possible in the future if I use the PDK for audio playback. But this is not something I plan on doing in the near future. However depending upon how successful the app is, I may work on these types of advanced features in future releases.

Yes.
    Well, one other music player that I use was unaffected...