Page 41 of 88 FirstFirst ... 31363738394041424344454651 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
    I absolutely LOVE your app. It's amazing. There's just one issue I've had with it...

Don't know if anyone mentioned this, sorry if someone did.

Bug: Sometimes when I turn the LCD screen off and it's time for the next song to play it won't play. Then, I'll turn the LCD screen back on and it will begin to play again.
    Last edited by SmoothCriminal; 10/03/2010 at 12:59 PM. Reason: Details...
    I own a Verizon Palm Pre 2 running WebOS 2.0.1

Here to help and learn
    OK, I've poured through hundreds of posts and can't find an answer to this question (apologies if it's there and I just missed it): how do i delete/remove a song from a flylist?
  3.    #803  
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    Just wanted to let you know I use your app every day at work, and I love it. Thanks again for putting this out there. Got my embeded album art work finished, I might have done it the slow way as I could only figure out how to do one album at a time, about 2 days of clicking dragging saving, 70gigs or so of music that I went through. Too bad some songs don't have permission for lyrics. I liked the animated level bars, but I guess they are waiting for the app to finallize before it will work again.
    I'm glad you're enjoying the app.

Yeah some songs don't have permissions to display their full lyrics on lyrics.wikia.com. I may add a second backup lyric service in the future to improve result accuracy.

The animated level bars were never officially part of the app. You'll have to talk to warlord9159 who created the animated level bar patch.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Twitter: @Hedami
  4.    #804  
    Quote Originally Posted by SmoothCriminal View Post
    I absolutely LOVE your app. It's amazing. There's just one issue I've had with it...

Don't know if anyone mentioned this, sorry if someone did.

Bug: Sometimes when I turn the LCD screen off and it's time for the next song to play it won't play. Then, I'll turn the LCD screen back on and it will begin to play again.
    I'll look into it once I get a replacement phone (my current phone's touchscreen is fubar'd).

You said this only happens "sometimes". If you can find a way to reliably recreate the issue, please post the step-by-step instructions here.

Also let me know the answers to these questions:

- Do you have Last.FM scrobbling enabled?

- Which mini-player modules do you have enabled? (the mini-player are the series of dashboard notification controls available when the app is minimized or on the lock screen)
    Last edited by DanPLC; 10/03/2010 at 03:22 PM.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

5.    #805  
    Quote Originally Posted by dpaus View Post
    OK, I've poured through hundreds of posts and can't find an answer to this question (apologies if it's there and I just missed it): how do i delete/remove a song from a flylist?
    Go to the "Flylists" screen, tap on the flylist to display the items in the list, then swipe the individual item off the screen (like you do to delete any type of item from a list in any webOS app).

Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    I'll look into it once I get a replacement phone (my current phone's touchscreen is fubar'd).

You said this only happens "sometimes". If you can find a way to reliably recreate the issue, please post the step-by-step instructions here.

Also let me know the answers to these questions:

- Do you have Last.FM scrobbling enabled?

- Which mini-player modules do you have enabled? (the mini-player are the series of dashboard notification controls available when the app is minimized or on the lock screen)
    After a restart it goes back to normal, but eventually within a few hours it won't play with the LCD screen off again. I Have Last.FM enabled. I use all of the mini player modules.

Thank you!

Here to help and learn
  7.    #807  
    After a restart it goes back to normal, but eventually within a few hours it won't play with the LCD screen off again. I Have Last.FM enabled. I use all of the mini player modules.

Thank you!
    To clarify, this only happens when switching songs, correct?

im note sure if this has been mentioned but is it possible to have like a party or dj mode? where the next song starts before the next one ends?
  9.    #809  
    Quote Originally Posted by omgitsjordan View Post
    im note sure if this has been mentioned but is it possible to have like a party or dj mode? where the next song starts before the next one ends?
    It may be possible if I added two AUDIO elements, but I currently don't have any plans to add this type of feature.

To clarify, this only happens when switching songs, correct?
    Yes,
    When the player is supposed to play the next song. BTW, by restart I meant restarting the phone

Here to help and learn
  11.    #811  
    Yes,
    When the player is supposed to play the next song. BTW, by restart I meant restarting the phone
    So when this happens, if you turn on your display, the next song will automatically start playing? Or do you have to take some type of manual action to make it start playing again?

And this only happens after several hours of continuous music playing with the screen off?

It may be possible if I added two AUDIO elements, but I currently don't have any plans to add this type of feature.
    awwww i wish there was a music app with this feature, i would even pay for that.
  13.    #813  
    awwww i wish there was a music app with this feature, i would even pay for that.
    Music Player (Remix) will be a paid app in the app catalog once the media indexing API is released. So hopefully people will want to pay for all the features it does have, even if there are some extras (like DJ mode) that may be missing.

oops i meant to put i would pay even more for premium services like a dj mode. sorry. are the api's going to be released with the 2.0 webos update?
    I'll weigh in on launch parameters...

I'd love to be able to specify a flylist or playlist to start playing and a flag to shuffle or not shuffle. Being able to start minimized might be cool too, but not essential for me.
  16.    #816  
    oops i meant to put i would pay even more for premium services like a dj mode. sorry. are the api's going to be released with the 2.0 webos update?
    Well luckily the app will cost a low one-time fee and all improvements I make will be free upgrades. You never know what cool stuff I may come up with in later releases!

I can't disclose any knowledge of whether or not the media indexing APIs will be a part of webOS 2.0 since Palm hasn't mentioned this API in their webOS 2.0 press releases. I'm under an NDA, so I can't discuss any non-disclosed information.

But I can say that whenever Palm releases this API, my app will be ready to be released and take full advantage of it.

17.    #817  
    Quote Originally Posted by chiefplt View Post
    I'll weigh in on launch parameters...

I'd love to be able to specify a flylist or playlist to start playing and a flag to shuffle or not shuffle. Being able to start minimized might be cool too, but not essential for me.
    Thanks for the feedback.

If I start a song playing, but hit the power button too quickly to blank the screen, MPRB will think that there is no music there to be played, and display 0:00-0:00.
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    figured out the issue with why it would bounce around and skip when i would play via bluetooth. My govanah settings wouldn't hold the profile settings the latest update of govnah took care of it. Tried it tonight and it works perfect!!!!
  20.    #820  
    Quote Originally Posted by pchrist View Post
    figured out the issue with why it would bounce around and skip when i would play via bluetooth. My govanah settings wouldn't hold the profile settings the latest update of govnah took care of it. Tried it tonight and it works perfect!!!!
    I'm glad you figured it out.