Page 40 of 88 FirstFirst ... 30353637383940414243444550 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
  1.    #781  
    Quote Originally Posted by pantiko View Post
    Great work... a bit complicated at first, but after a few uses itīs a great experience.

I would love to be able to copy the lyrics of the songs and then be able to paste them anywhere, like in an email, or into a text document in order to keep it
    I have it on my list to add a feature like this.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Twitter: @Hedami
    Global Posts
    262 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    You don't have to search the whole thread for issues. There is a list of "Known Issues" in the first post of this thread where all known issues, including the one you mentioned, are listed.

As far as this issue is concerned, the reason why it doesn't track is that I intentionally stop tracking when the scrubber bar dashboard is minimized (i.e. not shown). I do this so the app isn't performing needless activities in the background when the user can't see the scrubber bar.

However webOS for some reason marks the dashboard as minimized even when it's shown on the lock screen. There is an API to determine that the lock screen is active so I could use that to workaround this webOS bug; however that API is private so I can't use it.

So I'm not sure how I'll resolve this one. I may leave it the way it is because I would prefer that the scrubber bar didn't update needlessly while the user isn't viewing the mini-player.
    My use of the scrubber bar would be listening to media via bluetooth while the phone is charging on the touchstone. Sometimes I like to know the time stamp during playback to note an event of interest. The scrubber bar is always on display when on the touchstone, and I noticed the lack of updating playback progress during one of those events of interest.
  3.    #783  
    Quote Originally Posted by tyea View Post
    My use of the scrubber bar would be listening to media via bluetooth while the phone is charging on the touchstone. Sometimes I like to know the time stamp during playback to note an event of interest. The scrubber bar is always on display when on the touchstone, and I noticed the lack of updating playback progress during one of those events of interest.
    I'm going to try to re-enable the scrubber updates while the mini-player is minimized to see if it doesn't cause any issues. If it works ok, then I'll make that change permanent.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Global Posts
    752 Global Posts
    I'm curious...which music apps did you use on Android?
    Stock Android, Stock HTC player, MixZing, Music Mod, Double Twist, and Lithium. MixZing was my favorite before coming back to WebOS and seeing this player.
    Global Posts
    876 Global Posts
    Love the new app!!!!

And yeah, you included last.fm scrobbling!!! Thanks a lot for that.

Just a question about the favorites behavior. When I select an album from th favorites, apparently it obviously starts to play it but it also puts all my favorites in the playlist. I assume this is intended behavior, but it would be great to maybe make it a preference/option to have us choose between only play the selected favorite or all favorites, starting with the selected one. Sorry if this has been discussed before, didn't have the time to scan the complete thread.

A nice to have to maybe add somewhere on the bottom of your todo list.
    While not connected to the internet log the played songs and post them to last.fm later.
  6.    #786  
    Quote Originally Posted by spud101 View Post
    Just a question about the favorites behavior. When I select an album from th favorites, apparently it obviously starts to play it but it also puts all my favorites in the playlist. I assume this is intended behavior, but it would be great to maybe make it a preference/option to have us choose between only play the selected favorite or all favorites, starting with the selected one. Sorry if this has been discussed before, didn't have the time to scan the complete thread.
    Yep, it's been mentioned before several times. I'm going to think of different options in relation to treating items in the Faves list as individual entities.

Quote Originally Posted by spud101 View Post
    A nice to have to maybe add somewhere on the bottom of your todo list.
    While not connected to the internet log the played songs and post them to last.fm later.
    This is listed in the "Known Issues" section in the first post of this thread.

7.    #787  
    Quote Originally Posted by tp2386 View Post
    Stock Android, Stock HTC player, MixZing, Music Mod, Double Twist, and Lithium. MixZing was my favorite before coming back to WebOS and seeing this player.
    Thanks for the info. I'll check them out. I've always been curious what Android had to offer in terms of music players.

What specific launch parameter support are you looking for?
    I don't think this guy ever responded, but I would be particularly interested in a way to use Mode Switcher to launch the player and have it minimize immediately, as if the minimize button was pressed. If it is possible at all, it would probably require some sort of launch parameter that MS could use.

Another use of launch parameters would be to have MS start the music player on a specific song/album for usage as an alarm clock. Not sure how possible this would be, but just an idea. I personally don't need this because I use the auto-resume feature, but I'm sure some would find it useful.
  9.    #789  
    Quote Originally Posted by tobias funke View Post
    I don't think this guy ever responded, but I would be particularly interested in a way to use Mode Switcher to launch the player and have it minimize immediately, as if the minimize button was pressed. If it is possible at all, it would probably require some sort of launch parameter that MS could use.
    That's a really good idea. I could see that being useful for people. I'll add it to the list.

Quote Originally Posted by tobias funke View Post
    Another use of launch parameters would be to have MS start the music player on a specific song/album for usage as an alarm clock. Not sure how possible this would be, but just an idea. I personally don't need this because I use the auto-resume feature, but I'm sure some would find it useful.
    I'll have some type of similar launch parameter support...I'm just not sure what yet. I know I'll have to implement something for Just Type support.

Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    I use a periphial bluetooth adapter and when i use the beta 2 remix it seems to drop the connection after a few seconds of playing the song. But if i use the older version of remix it works fine any ideas on that???
  11.    #791  
    Quote Originally Posted by pchrist View Post
    I use a periphial bluetooth adapter and when i use the beta 2 remix it seems to drop the connection after a few seconds of playing the song. But if i use the older version of remix it works fine any ideas on that???
    I can't imagine an app having that effect on bluetooth connections. Anyone else using bluetooth adapters having issues?

Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    It worked just fine with my T505 but with this one seems to be an issue???
  13.    #793  
    Quote Originally Posted by pchrist View Post
    It worked just fine with my T505 but with this one seems to be an issue???
    It sounds like you're having an issue with your new device. Music apps don't have any effect on specific bluetooth devices.
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    Thank you love this app keep up all the great work
    Global Posts
    120 Global Posts
    I have it on my list to add a feature like this.
    that’s great news, thank you
    love this app!
    one question I have. When I hit the shuffle favorites button on the main page, it selects a random song in my favorites, then continues to play through my favorites in order,sorted by artist and then alphabetically.
    is there a way for me to assign the shuffle button to create a playlist of random songs on my favorites? Because atm it's pretty much useless to me
  17.    #797  
    Quote Originally Posted by innocentbystander View Post
    love this app!
    one question I have. When I hit the shuffle favorites button on the main page, it selects a random song in my favorites, then continues to play through my favorites in order,sorted by artist and then alphabetically.
    is there a way for me to assign the shuffle button to create a playlist of random songs on my favorites? Because atm it's pretty much useless to me
    Good catch! This is a bug. The shuffle button at the bottom of the Faves list should shuffle all of the Faves songs.

I just fixed the bug in my private beta build.

Global Posts
    443 Global Posts
    There is an issue with Music Player Remix (MPR) and Jason Robitaille's "Really Silent Ringer Switch Mute" patch.

It seems if the ringer switch is off (mute mode) and MPR is launched while having already been connected to my bluetooth stereo headset, and then the ringer switch is flicked back on, no audio comes from MPR.

All other apps that have audio seem to obey the mute mode properly. This is a pretty common use case for me as I take airline flights pretty regularly. If you could look into this particular scenario that would be greatly appreciated.
    Phones>Ericsson->iPaq->Treo700w>>PalmPre & TouchPad<<PC<-Amiga<-C64<-Vic20<-PET<Computers
  19.    #799  
    Quote Originally Posted by rlopin View Post
    There is an issue with Music Player Remix (MPR) and Jason Robitaille's "Really Silent Ringer Switch Mute" patch.

It seems if the ringer switch is off (mute mode) and MPR is launched while having already been connected to my bluetooth stereo headset, and then the ringer switch is flicked back on, no audio comes from MPR.

All other apps that have audio seem to obey the mute mode properly. This is a pretty common use case for me as I take airline flights pretty regularly. If you could look into this particular scenario that would be greatly appreciated.
    I'm sorry but I can't work on bugs where I need to install a patch to reproduce the issue, especially when the patch alters the way the device outputs audio as this patch does. I test on a stock, unmodified Pre since most of my userbase will be running in this type of configuration.

But just out of curiosity, do you have the issue with the built-in music app? And I assume you can work around the issue by closing my app and reloading it, correct?

Just wanted to let you know I use your app every day at work, and I love it. Thanks again for putting this out there. Got my embeded album art work finished, I might have done it the slow way as I could only figure out how to do one album at a time, about 2 days of clicking dragging saving, 70gigs or so of music that I went through. Too bad some songs don't have permission for lyrics. I liked the animated level bars, but I guess they are waiting for the app to finallize before it will work again.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2Ē about anything. I may however, give a nickel